Aug 30 chat thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2010, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, apparently we're a little slow.... new chat thread is here!

I am 12w1d today. We have our first real appointment this afternoon and I'm dying to hear the heartbeat, as we want to shout this pregnancy from the rooftops, but won't if we don't hear the heartbeat. Plus, we're going on vacation this week and I don't need DH worrying unnecessarily. Wish us luck!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM

I'm 10 weeks +1 today. I had my blood drawn for the nuchal screening yesterday. On Saturday, my husband told his mom I'm pregnant, so by now I imagine his whole family knows. I'd like to wait 2-3 weeks to tell at work, but I may talk to the director of the play I'm in next week, so we can think about making my costume to hide any bloating. The play is coming up at the end of the month. I'm also still waiting to hear fromy HR rep at work about my insurance company's claim that they don't have to cover a homebirth. It's been a week since I contacted her, so that makes me nervous.

I'm feeling pretty good, with little nausea. I need to try out some yoga classes. And get a haircut!!

Good luck today, Virginia84!

Posted via Mobile Device

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:54 AM

Double post.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
So, apparently we're a little slow.... new chat thread is here!

I am 12w1d today. We have our first real appointment this afternoon and I'm dying to hear the heartbeat, as we want to shout this pregnancy from the rooftops, but won't if we don't hear the heartbeat. Plus, we're going on vacation this week and I don't need DH worrying unnecessarily. Wish us luck!
yay! good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
I'm 10 weeks +1 today. I had my blood drawn for the nuchal screening yesterday. On Saturday, my husband told his mom I'm pregnant, so by now I imagine his whole family knows. I'd like to wait 2-3 weeks to tell at work, but I may talk to the director of the play I'm in next week, so we can think about making my costume to hide any bloating. The play is coming up at the end of the month. I'm also still waiting to hear fromy HR rep at work about my insurance company's claim that they don't have to cover a homebirth. It's been a week since I contacted her, so that makes me nervous.

I'm feeling pretty good, with little nausea. I need to try out some yoga classes. And get a haircut!!

Good luck today, Virginia84!

Posted via Mobile Device
exciting! are you going to keep working after this play? i hope you get some good news from the insurance. perhaps they won't "cover" home births, but they cover midwives? that's the story with mine.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM

oh, i'm 10w3d and feeling much better. just took my son back to school shopping for kindergarten!!!! this weekend and it is blowing my mind (and giving me night terrors). i'm taking next week off of work so that i can enjoy one last week of my boy before he enters into The System. sigh.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:31 AM

13w1d feeling soooo much better! happy to be entering 2nd tri. and enjoy the days now.

everyone knows our news now so i'm glad that's over. it was an exhausting few days listening to people's opinions.

well we *think* we have a little boy in there so we're excited to begin preparations as it has been a LONG time since we had a blue bundle.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
Old 08-31-2010, 11:28 AM

I'm 12 weeks 1 day and so excited to be near the end of the first trimester. I had my blood work done but I have the NT ultrasound a week from today. I finally told my parents and that actually went really well. The morning sickness is dying down but I still have some. I hope it really, really goes away soon. I just want to be able to eat and drink whatever I want instead of feeling gross half the time.

Knitting is making me queasy, which is really awful, since I want to make some more baby stuff, but can't right now.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:05 PM

11 weeks 1 day here! That's about it for me....

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 PM

14 weeks 1 day here and having very intense, vivid dreams for the past few days. I've always had vivid dreams, but these are definitely above and beyond the norm for me. My emotional sensitivity has also stepped up a few notches...I constantly feel like I'm on the verge of tears, for no real reason. It's just there, in the background, and becoming harder and harder to ignore. I'm afraid someone is going to say one wrong thing to me and I'm just going to start sobbing on the spot LOL oh dear...
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 PM

Ooh- I'm with you on the crazy vivid dreams. I've had them since the beginning, but they seemed to get better for a while... until this past week. Crazy, crazy dreams.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
yay! good luck!

exciting! are you going to keep working after this play? i hope you get some good news from the insurance. perhaps they won't "cover" home births, but they cover midwives? that's the story with mine.
I'll keep up my day job during and after the play, but I don't have any more plays scheduled in the near future.

Yup, my insurance does cover midwives. It's the homebirth that is the "problem."
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM

Will check back to hear your news, Virginia 884!

We had our NT yesterday at 11w5d (measuring 12w1d), and it looked great. I did the bloodwork and took the GTT, since I have been feeling shaky and head-achey and I weigh significantly more than I did with my other pregnancies.

I have actually lost one pound this pregnancy so far, which is good. I'd love to minimize weight gain.

I'm bummed because I told a couple family members yesterday and the news spread quickly and I can't really say I'm surprised, but the response was pretty negative. I also woke up to a gloop of blood, which I thought was over.

DD starts kindergarten in two weeks, and I need to get her some special things. DH's birthday is this week, and I haven't done anything. I'm feeling a little blue and overwhelmed. I wish I could find my doppler.

The OB suggested swimming for exercise, which I'm fine with, but that means I have to go to storage and dig through to find my maternity swimsuit. I think exercise makes me happier. I was cleared to get back to it in two weeks, but then the bleeding this morning .. .
Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
I'll keep up my day job during and after the play, but I don't have any more plays scheduled in the near future.

Yup, my insurance does cover midwives. It's the homebirth that is the "problem."
Posted via Mobile Device
ah, i guess our fine print must be different. as long as i use a certified midwife, it doesn't matter if she's billing for a home birth or a hospital birth. of course, there isn't a single homebirth MW in our network, so between the deductible and out of network fees, i'm only saving maybe $500 compared to paying out of pocket (and getting the cash-discount). $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!! insurance companies are really screwing me lately. i hope you get good news.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
ah, i guess our fine print must be different. as long as i use a certified midwife, it doesn't matter if she's billing for a home birth or a hospital birth. of course, there isn't a single homebirth MW in our network, so between the deductible and out of network fees, i'm only saving maybe $500 compared to paying out of pocket (and getting the cash-discount). $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!! insurance companies are really screwing me lately. i hope you get good news.
Yes, my insurance company says they'll only cover midwives in an "approved facility." so that's where my trouble started. I'm trying to get an in-network exception. Bleah.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM

Thanks Adrienne for starting the wkly thread!!!

I'm 13wks and 2days today. Feeling a bit better with less nausea.

This past wkend, one of my girls ask me how old was the baby. I didn't know what baby she was talking about so I asked her and she said our baby in your belly. How sweet that she think of it 1) of our baby and 2) that she wants to know how old it is aka how many wks/mths. I told her that the baby is 13wks or 3mths and she was wow!. I also said that we have 6 more mths to wait. The others girls were like just that. LOL 6mths is still a long time. They love hearing about how the baby is growing. They also blame the baby when I feel nausea. lol

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 PM

Sandrine, that is so sweet. We haven't told our kids yet (almost-3 and almost-5), but the younger one was talking about the baby in my belly and patting it. Little pitchers have big ears. Or he just sees what a big belly I have!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM

I am 12w1d today. Other than homelife issues surrounding my grandmother, things have been going rather well for us. We had an u/s last week and confirmed there really is a baby in there and DS was there to see it. He gives my belly hugs and kisses when I leave for work.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
Sandrine, that is so sweet. We haven't told our kids yet (almost-3 and almost-5), but the younger one was talking about the baby in my belly and patting it. Little pitchers have big ears. Or he just sees what a big belly I have!
We haven't told ours, either (almost 4 and 5.5). But shortly after we got the positive test, both said something to me - individually and away from the other - about a baby sister.

They're gonna freak when they find out. I'm hoping to hold out another 8 weeks until 20 weeks... less time for them to wait.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_here View Post
We haven't told ours, either (almost 4 and 5.5). But shortly after we got the positive test, both said something to me - individually and away from the other - about a baby sister.
That's so sweet. Are they so intuitive? Or just sharp?

The almost-3 was playing pretend that Buzz Lightyear was his baby brother.

"You have a baby brother? What's his name?" (since we are at a loss for names and hoping for inspiration)

DS: "He's my bwothah, and his name is 'Stupid Guy'!"
Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

We had a great appointment and heard the heartbeat right away! We went over all the future tests, nutrition, etc. DH said afterwards that he got choked up when we heard the HB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
"You have a baby brother? What's his name?" (since we are at a loss for names and hoping for inspiration)

lol... I tried that with DD too, hoping I might get some good name ideas out of her. I asked her what the baby's name will be, and she said, "ummmmmm, poop-poop." I've never heard her use that phrase in my life, and I almost fell off the bed laughing when she said it. Crazy toddlers.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

I'm 11w 3d today. Feeling okay. Queasy every so often and still a nasty taste in my mouth after I eat, but it's been weeks since I seriously felt like I'd throw up.

I have an appt tomorrow for another dating scan (they couldn't get a good shot the first time). I'm bringing DS, so I'm hoping that it's quick and all goes well.

I'm a little frustrated because I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm SIX pounds heavier than I was at my last appt (2.5 weeks ago). My clothes are feeling the same and I've been trying to eat well lately. Ugh. I know it'll even out, but it's so frustrating right now.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
I'm a little frustrated because I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm SIX pounds heavier than I was at my last appt (2.5 weeks ago). My clothes are feeling the same and I've been trying to eat well lately. Ugh. I know it'll even out, but it's so frustrating right now.
I'm with you on the frustration...sigh. I'm really trying to keep the weight in check because I gained SOOOO much last time. But so far, I'm packing it on just like I did with DD.

I thought my m/s was all gone, but just after lunch today I had a sudden urge to vomit (I didn't.) wth? Please tell me it's not coming back for round 2.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:

LOL So is that what you're going to name the baby?

We are going in for appointment #2 tomorrow and then heading off for vacation for most of Sept. so I'll be scarce. I'll probably pop in once in a while just to get my MDC fix though.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:

LOL. Zaven (DS) told me the other day that he wants a little brother and he thinks we should name him Zaven.

....I told him I'd think about it.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 PM

August 30th, 2010, my 39th birthday! And what was the best present I got? We got to hear baby's heartbeat at our first appointment! 160 beautiful beats per minute. What a lovely sound.

SAHM to my beautiful, joyful, silent D (9/90) and exuberant, charismatic, not-so-silent S (11/07) and our precious little chickpea DD born 3/11 ,+7 animals. Partner to my lovely "M.O". Trying to live with intention.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmn12 View Post
August 30th, 2010, my 39th birthday! And what was the best present I got? We got to hear baby's heartbeat at our first appointment! 160 beautiful beats per minute. What a lovely sound.
Happy belated birthday and congrats!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

FYI- cottonbabies.com is havin a seconds sale today on bumgenius dipes. I started my stash!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 09-01-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
FYI- cottonbabies.com is havin a seconds sale today on bumgenius dipes. I started my stash!
Posted via Mobile Device
I got that email before bed last night. I don't really need to be adding to my diapers - I've CD'd 2 babes already, so we've got plenty of prefolds and FBs and hand-me-down WAHM dipes. But I've been hearing great things about the BumGenius diapers... so I picked up 3 of them. I hope they're as great as I've heard!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Had another appt today. The midwife wanted to take another look at the U/S to get a more accurate date. Surprise, surprise her date was EXACTLY what I'd told her. She said something like "yeah, you were right on" and my response was "I told you, I was keeping track of everything.....EVERYTHING."

Everything looks awesome. Baby was bouncing around and waving its arms.

User Tag List