Ummmm....someone touched my belly..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WHAAAAAAAAT????

Okay, truth be told, I don't mind people touching my pregnant belly at all. I actually kind of like it. And I HAD just eaten, so I was popping out a bit more than usual.

But at 11.5 weeks???? wow.

I was at work (AT WORK! THIS HAPPENED AT WORK!) and I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in a while. I mentioned that I was pregnant again and he said that he was thrilled and went in for the 2 hand, all encompassing, feel. It happened so quickly, and then he had to run, that I was still standing there when I realized "wow, that was really weird."

Wow.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#2 of 14 Old 09-01-2010, 09:35 PM

Sounds like a drive-by!
#3 of 14 Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 PM

I'm at 13 weeks today, and I think my belly has been touched at least 15 times, probably starting at about 7 weeks!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#4 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 12:12 AM

That is so annoying. When you have a big, beautiful belly I understand that it's hard for people to resist (and I'm also ok with some random touching).... but this early when the belly is hardly noticeable? Weird and annoying. My old neighbor did that to me last time, at about this far along too. I about punched her.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#5 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 AM

:: shudder ::

That's just wrong.

AT LEAST you have an opportunity to swat his hand away next time he tries...as opposed to a stranger you'll never see again...I think that is an advantage? LOL. Maybe do some practice with DH to prep for next time.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#6 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 AM

Ugh, it happened to me at 8 WEEKS, my bloated 8 week pregnant belly. If it hadn't been the midwife who I use to apprentice with's husband I probably would have puked all over him. But still.

And I'm the type who hates having my belly or any other body part touched by people anyways. Really I'm not even into hugging.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#7 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM

I got my first belly rub yesterday! Was a great friend, so I didn't mind. I think strangers touching me will really irk me, tho!
Posted via Mobile Device

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#8 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 12:43 PM

At least you knew him! It's the strangers that get me. I don't mind a quick pat, but a duo hands work up is just not cool!

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
#9 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 01:51 PM

I hate being touched. Hate. I pretty much freak out if someone randomly touched me like that

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#10 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 05:30 PM

I can't wait! Of course I'd like it to be when it is mostly baby in there not mostly gas... If someone rubbed it now I'd have to tell them the flutters they feel are just my bubbles moving slowly.

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#11 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DDCC - I was about 8 weeks with my first when one of Dh's co-workers asked to feel the belly... I was like it's not even really out of my pelvis yet...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#12 of 14 Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 PM

I got my first rub tonight.

My dd1 started to gently rub my tummy.(where the fat is. ) I usually don't like being touch but this is my dd, so I'll let her and her sisters touch the belly.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#13 of 14 Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM

ugh... I can totally understand the annoyance. My mom always is into touching my belly lately and I can't figure out why it is bothering me so much... I love my mom and we are close. Maybe it's because I'm already nearly "touched out" after nursing a squirmy toddler all the time? For some reason I just can't handle any more touching right now! I think I would flip if a stranger or acquaintance tried it!
#14 of 14 Old 09-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Haha! It's a little early, yeah. I generally like belly-touches though. I did get my first "hey, you're pregnant! congrats!" from a person that didn't already know today. That was pretty exciting- I'm ready to look pregnant and not just post-giant meal

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page