Drinking alcohol - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I'm still in the first tri - either 12w3d or 12w. And I really want a glass of wine.

I've had two beers this pregnancy.

I didn't drink at all with my DD, and maybe had 4-5 glasses of wine or beer when pregnant with DS. I see a lot of conflicting info, but a great deal of it says no alcohol at all in the first tri.

This seems a little over-cautious to me. Really? A glass of wine is forbidden in the first tri?

Anyone want to weigh in? I don't have a problem abstaining. I just think a glass of wine would taste good and be relaxing. I can't imagine it's worse than, say, a diet coke?
#2 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 AM

I've really been craving a glass of wine lately too, but I figured I would try and hold out until the 2nd tri. Not sure if there's any reason to...

But it's strange- last pregnancy I couldn't STAND the smell of alcohol- that was pretty much the only food aversion I had. Couldn't be in the same room with it. This time a frosty beer or nice glass of pinot noir sound delicious. Actually, what I've been craving this past week is sushi, WITH a glass of wine.

One of these days.... soon.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#3 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

I make sushi all the time, but I don't put raw fish in it. We like chicken with bbq sauce, some type of bacon (turkey/whatever), and whatever leftover veggies we have around the house. We ate it once a week for the last year, but I haven't been able to tolerate it since June. DD can't wait for school to start so she can have bbq chicken sushi in her lunchbox.

I use the sushi rice recipe from thepioneerwoman.com
#4 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 AM

I've never been a big drinker - and even not pregnant I can't finish a whole glass. But I've had 1/2 or 1/4 glasses in pregnancy before - usually late 2nd to 3rd trimester. Just because of my past pregnancy history, I'd personally wait until next trimester - but that's just me. I have friends/family that were pregnant while living in Europe, and wine with meals is very, very common... even for *gasp* pregnant women.
#5 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM

DDCC- I'm such a mega wine drinker. I've had about 2-3 glasses total, actually 1/2 glasses up to about 6 wks. Now I'm almost 9 and can't stand the thought of it. I didn't have any with my first pregnancy (actually I had 1 cider at a pub in London at 11-12 wks) that was it. With #2 I had a glass of wine per week from about week 38-42! Personally, I think 1 glass of wine or 1 beer is really not that big of a deal (and at the end it helps!!) But I guess if it would weigh on someones conscience then it wouldn't be worth it.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#6 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM

Well the 1st trimester is a sensitive one with everything fully forming. No medical professional can say X amount is fine and won't cause any harm. Why? There is no safe way to test that out and some may take some leniency and RUN with it, kwim? So the best bet is to encourage women to abstain.

I'm personally not freaky about having a glass of wine or beer later in pg. Food in the belly, drink slow, etc...

While I wouldn't ever risk it I imagine problems come from habitual drinking in pg.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#7 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 AM

As a Biology Teacher I know some of the intricate steps going on in the first tri and even though there really is likely some low occasional level that would be relatively safe I just can't/won't do it.

Later on I might (3rd tri) but still not much or often. I guess I find it is almost easier for me to just not do, I don't mind much so I guess why bother worrying about it.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#8 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 AM

I thought about waiting until the second trimester too but I ended up having a glass at my anniversary dinner and a little here and there maybe twice. I'm pretty sure I did wait until 10 weeks as they say from 4-10 is when all the groundwork is being laid. You are pretty close at 12 weeks. Now i want some wine..maybe tonight (I'm 14w 2d).

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#9 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM

DDCC

I certainly celebrated my second trimester with a beer! I actually had two that week. I don't worry so much after the first tri except how socially I feel like an outcast if I wanted to have a drink in public. I thought it was interesting that I wasn't even offered the champaign for toasting at the last engagement dinner I attended. No matter what the situation I would obviously ask a mama "would you care to partake?"

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#10 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM

For me, the thought of drinking any alcohol (whether I'm craving it or not) during any stage of pregnancy just feels wrong to me. Maybe I'm just heavily conditioned by the media or maybe there's something deeper there I'm picking up on, I'm not sure (probably a bit of both). I just don't see the point in consuming something that is purely for pleasure when it is a known toxin when there is a baby growing inside of you...seems selfish to me, really. I doubt there will ever be a thread in which pregnant women are chatting about how they're craving a cigarette and a few won't hurt. That's a bit ironic, if you think about it, because the damage alcohol can cause is often much greater than nicotine and tobacco. Not saying that smoking is okay, either, just pointing out something odd.

There are lots of different ways to relax and take the edge off that doesn't involve potential harm for an unborn baby...why don't we focus on that instead?
#11 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Like Ice Cream! =)

Or a nice bath - that is my fav. Especially since I convinced DD she can't come in with me cause we won't both fit.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#12 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 PM

Personally I'm not a big drinker in general, I might have a glass of wine per month or something like that. I don't really feel comfortable drinking alcohol during pregnancy and since I don't drink a lot that's not hard to do. But for some reason knowing that it's off limits is giving me alcohol cravings. Yesterday I was thinking a nice glass of cold Bailey's irish liqueur would be so yummy! Must be that whole forbidden fruit thing.
#13 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_mandala View Post
I just don't see the point in consuming something that is purely for pleasure when it is a known toxin when there is a baby growing inside of you...seems selfish to me, really.
There are a lot of things that could fall into this category though. I mean really, unless you are THE picture of health and wellness, you're probably breaking your own rules.

What about eating some ice cream or a snack with HFCS in it? Or some non-organic (GMO) corn chips? Or just non-organic food in general? Or grocery store meat or milk (fed grains, and given abx & steroids)? Or sleeping on a mattress full of PCB's? That's pretty selfish right, when you could really just sleep on the floor?

I'm not advocating for people to go out and booze it up.... but if you are comfortable with it, I think it's fine in moderation- just like anything else. There really isn't any way to abstain from EVERYTHING harmful during pregnancy, and you'll make yourself crazy if you tried to. And I don't think that makes you a selfish person.

#14 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
There are a lot of things that could fall into this category though. I mean really, unless you are THE picture of health and wellness, you're probably breaking your own rules.

What about eating some ice cream or a snack with HFCS in it? Or some non-organic (GMO) corn chips? Or just non-organic food in general? Or grocery store meat or milk (fed grains, and given abx & steroids)? Or sleeping on a mattress full of PCB's? That's pretty selfish right, when you could really just sleep on the floor?

I'm not advocating for people to go out and booze it up.... but if you are comfortable with it, I think it's fine in moderation- just like anything else. There really isn't any way to abstain from EVERYTHING harmful during pregnancy, and you'll make yourself crazy if you tried to. And I don't think that makes you a selfish person.
I actually am pretty anal about what I eat and my mattress is organic, but I understand your point. I know that the odds of having a few glasses of wine while pregnant probably won't cause any real harm, but why would you do that when you could be consuming things that are actually good for yourself and the baby? It just seems illogical to me, especially on a board that's all about being natural and healthy.
#15 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I actually am pretty anal about what I eat and my mattress is organic, but I understand your point. I know that the odds of having a few glasses of wine while pregnant probably won't cause any real harm, but why would you do that when you could be consuming things that are actually good for yourself and the baby? It just seems illogical to me, especially on a board that's all about being natural and healthy.

I'm actually really anal about what I eat and put on my body as well, but I can guarantee you that I have chemical exposure from things in my house and environment.

And who is saying that a moderate amount of wine during pregnancy is UNhealthy? There are many people that would support the fact that a small amount of wine is actually good for you, pregnant or not. I didn't have even a sip of anything alcoholic during my last pregnancy. But I'm looking forward to a glass of wine here and there with this pregnancy, and I don't think that is selfish.

#16 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 01:36 PM

I wouldn't drink during the first trimester at all, and will wait until I'm at least 1/2 way through the second trimester. After that, I think moderate amounts of beer or wine is fine. I have a good friend who was just telling me that she drank a glass of wine every night while she was pregnant... not sure, but I'm assuming she meant after first trimester. Her doctor said it was fine, and her 3 kids are healthy and sharp as tacks.

When I was pregnant with my second daughter and I would start getting some pretty hefty contractions waaaay before I was supposed to, my midwife told me to drink half a beer or 1/3 glass of wine, then go lay down for an hour. It stopped the contractions every time, wish I had known that before being put on bed rest for 2.5 months with my first.

At the moment (14 weeks) I don't want to drink at all, though the smell of alcohol isn't making me gag like it was a couple of weeks ago. That kind of makes me think my body still doesn't want me to drink, but it isn't as bad as it was then.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#17 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I'm actually really anal about what I eat and put on my body as well, but I can guarantee you that I have chemical exposure from things in my house and environment.

And who is saying that a moderate amount of wine during pregnancy is UNhealthy? There are many people that would support the fact that a small amount of wine is actually good for you, pregnant or not. I didn't have even a sip of anything alcoholic during my last pregnancy. But I'm looking forward to a glass of wine here and there with this pregnancy, and I don't think that is selfish.
Chemical exposure is something we can't really prevent...we can do some things that help, but not everything. Drinking alcohol is something that is 100% preventable, that was my point.

I've heard that, too, about red wine, but from what I've heard it has more to do with the antioxidants present than anything else. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the alcohol content. If you can find a study that shows that the alcohol content is actually beneficial then I'd love to see that. You can get plenty of antioxidants from other foods...

I don't mean to be so fiesty about this, I'm just very passionate about health and it disturbs me to see pregnant women talking about this like it's no big deal, like they're talking about the weather or going for a walk.
#18 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post
I wouldn't drink during the first trimester at all, and will wait until I'm at least 1/2 way through the second trimester. After that, I think moderate amounts of beer or wine is fine. I have a good friend who was just telling me that she drank a glass of wine every night while she was pregnant... not sure, but I'm assuming she meant after first trimester. Her doctor said it was fine, and her 3 kids are healthy and sharp as tacks.

When I was pregnant with my second daughter and I would start getting some pretty hefty contractions waaaay before I was supposed to, my midwife told me to drink half a beer or 1/3 glass of wine, then go lay down for an hour. It stopped the contractions every time, wish I had known that before being put on bed rest for 2.5 months with my first.

At the moment (14 weeks) I don't want to drink at all, though the smell of alcohol isn't making me gag like it was a couple of weeks ago. That kind of makes me think my body still doesn't want me to drink, but it isn't as bad as it was then.
People have done all sorts of things while pregnant and their babies turned out just fine. That still doesn't mean it was a good thing to do, for the mother or the child. There have been enough studies done on the effects of alcohol both on adults and on unborn babies that it doesn't make sense to me that just because some kids turn out okay that somehow makes it an alright thing to do. Another example would be my ex's mother. She smoked while pregnant with each of her 4 children and I'm not talking about a cigarette every once in awhile, I'm talking about half a pack to a pack a day. They all turned out just fine, no major issues. That still doesn't make it okay to smoke while pregnant, imo.

I've heard about doctors and midwives suggesting that pregnant women drink some wine to help stop labor and to help relax or whatever, but they do not know everything. There are also plenty of other ways to help yourself relax and to calm contractions down.
#19 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

I had given away all of our pregnancy books after my DS was born, so I turned to google for info and do understand the importance of abstaining in the first tri. I did have a couple beers early on, but after having now 6 weeks of spotting, bleeding, cramping (another red bleed this morning after brown clots on Tuesday and an A++ ultrasound on Monday showing the SCH was resolving quickly), I find myself extremely irritated at having to make all the preparations and sacrifices for a healthy pregnancy and at the same time understanding how delicate it is. That is just me, and just this pregnancy.

I am 1st-gen Greek-American on one side, and in Greece, wine goes with every dinner, pregnant or no. And so does dirty, nasty (delicious) soft cheese that's not particularly well-refrigerated or pasteurized. I was talking to my stepmom, who still lives there and had 2 kids, and I was telling her we abstain from unpasteurized feta during pregnancy as well as heating up the sandwich meat, etc. for listeria.

She agreed with the lunchmeat, but was appalled and perplexed at the idea of the soft cheeses.

I understand it's all about minimizing the risks, and I understand that the risks are higher in the first tri. And that we all probably know people who drank and smoked and ate cold ham sandwiches and feta and sushi that had healthy babies. Hell, people do crystal meth when they're pregnant! Crack! I have a friend that adopted a baby whose mother had a crystal meth addiction and indulged during pregnancy, and she's a fine, healthy school-aged child, but that DOES NOT mean it's a good idea.

I guess part of it, for me, too, is that I have now have had 5 bleeds this pregnancy. Having a glass of wine (which I didn't last night, although I REALLY wanted to) would kind of be a nice way of saying, F you, universe. For making me crazy and worried and making me miss almost the whole last summer before my oldest starts school by being too sick and then by having a ruptured membrane right over my cervix for a pregnancy I didn't even *want* but now find myself excited about to go to the beach run around with my kids at the park like I had planned to all year and then saying when I'm sad and frustrated I can't even have a glass of wine. /endrant
#20 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I doubt there will ever be a thread in which pregnant women are chatting about how they're craving a cigarette and a few won't hurt. That's a bit ironic, if you think about it, because the damage alcohol can cause is often much greater than nicotine and tobacco. Not saying that smoking is okay, either, just pointing out something odd.
That's actually 100% wrong. Multiple studies have proven that even a small amount of nicotine is harmful, whereas all the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome studies are on babies whose mothers were alcoholics. In Europe, no one thinks twice about having a glass of wine with dinner during pregnancy, even in the first trimester. I self-limited to one glass of wine/one beer per week while pg with DS, but that was mostly because of American reaction to drinking while pregnant. We've gone WAY overboard in this country. They don't have these problems in Europe, except with alcoholics, yet we Americans think we know better and can improve on moderation. My midwife's advice was, "If you can feel the effects of the alcohol, so can the baby. Limit yourself to that."

There are many documented benefits to drinking in moderation, and NO studies on moderate to light drinking during pregnancy. I think in this country we allow ourselves to worry unnecessarily over things that are unproven.

Now, I'm off to go enjoy some salmon sashimi for lunch!

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
#21 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to be so fiesty about this, I'm just very passionate about health and it disturbs me to see pregnant women talking about this like it's no big deal, like they're talking about the weather or going for a walk.
Well, I have to disagree with you. If you're a responsible adult that can drink in moderation, I do think it's no big deal. How do you think humans survived this long? Alcohol has been around for as long as people have, I'm sure, just like every other type of fermented food.

Do you limit other natural food/plant based toxins in your diet? Like phytic acid, salicylates, nitrates, glutamates, etc? And I'm not talking about processed food with these things added- I'm talking about the natural occurrence of these chemicals in food.

And yes- if you really wanted to, you could drastically reduce your chemical exposure. But for me, I'll take some exposure and live in my comfortable home with central heat, formaldehyde-containing furniture, possible heavy-metal containing dishes, etc. Is that selfish of me not to go live in the wood and live on nuts and berries while I'm pregnant?

Bottom line- it's a personal choice. It's fine for you to lay out facts and give your opinion, but it's not ok to call people selfish for doing something that many people consider a normal/healthy part of their life.

#22 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segrau View Post
That's actually 100% wrong. Multiple studies have proven that even a small amount of nicotine is harmful, whereas all the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome studies are on babies whose mothers were alcoholics. In Europe, no one thinks twice about having a glass of wine with dinner during pregnancy, even in the first trimester. I self-limited to one glass of wine/one beer per week while pg with DS, but that was mostly because of American reaction to drinking while pregnant. We've gone WAY overboard in this country. They don't have these problems in Europe, except with alcoholics, yet we Americans think we know better and can improve on moderation. My midwife's advice was, "If you can feel the effects of the alcohol, so can the baby. Limit yourself to that."

There are many documented benefits to drinking in moderation, and NO studies on moderate to light drinking during pregnancy. I think in this country we allow ourselves to worry unnecessarily over things that are unproven.

Now, I'm off to go enjoy some salmon sashimi for lunch!
I completely agree with this!!! I drank probably 1/2 glass of wine with my first pregnancy. 2nd pregnancy probably 4 glasses of wine, drank during the last trimester. 3rd pregnancy, after the 1st trimester I had a glass of wine about every other week. This is my 4th pregnancy and I am 13 weeks now. I have a wedding to go to this week and I CAN NOT WAIT to have a glass of wine at that wedding.

A good book that has helped me to not feel the guilt that our society has laid on pregnant women indulging in an occational glass of wine or beer is Real Food for Mother and Baby. Great book.

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#23 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 03:44 PM

I'll have a glass of wine here and there. I dont think i've had more than one total this whole pregnancy

Aron Mama to 6 homeschoolers -- 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, baby

#24 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segrau View Post
My midwife's advice was, "If you can feel the effects of the alcohol, so can the baby. Limit yourself to that."
I'm not sure you should follow your midwife's advice. Here's a quote from the Mayo Clinic:

"When you drink alcohol, it enters your bloodstream and can reach your developing fetus by crossing the placenta. Because a fetus metabolizes alcohol more slowly than an adult does, your developing baby's blood alcohol concentrations are higher than those in your body. The presence of alcohol can impair optimal nutrition for your baby's developing tissues and organs and can damage brain cells."

Quote:
Hmm, not so sure about that, either: "The behavioural effects observed indicate maternal alcohol consumption has influenced, possibly permanently, the functioning of the brain and CNS of the fetus and infant. These effects are observed at low levels of maternal alcohol consumption (5-6 units per week) and this raises questions regarding the 'safe' level of alcohol during pregnancy."

[Hepper, P.G. Report on Prenatal Exposure to Alcohol, 1999]
#25 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Bottom line- it's a personal choice. It's fine for you to lay out facts and give your opinion, but it's not ok to call people selfish for doing something that many people consider a normal/healthy part of their life.
It is a selfish choice, imo, because there is no need to introduce toxins when you don't have to...when it's typically done solely as a form of pleasure, not for any type of basic need.
#26 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
It is a selfish choice, imo, because there is no need to introduce toxins when you don't have to...when it's typically done solely as a form of pleasure, not for any type of basic need.
Well, I guess I'm selfish then. I even eat refined sugar on occasion, purely because I feel like it. Definitely no basic need there, and refined sugar certainly isn't "good" for the baby either. And I eat refined vegetable oils, also purely for pleasure. Having that kind of omega-6 imbalance isn't healthy for my body either. (And obviously, if it's not good for my body, it's not good for baby.) Selfish, selfish, selfish.

Alcohol isn't a toxin. It is a naturally fermented food product. Maybe that's where we're having an issue here. Overconsumption of alcohol CAN cause damage in your body, just like overconsumption of almost anything can. M.O.D.E.R.A.T.I.O.N.

#27 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Well, I guess I'm selfish then. I even eat refined sugar on occasion, purely because I feel like it. Definitely no basic need there, and refined sugar certainly isn't "good" for the baby either. And I eat refined vegetable oils, also purely for pleasure. Having that kind of omega-6 imbalance isn't healthy for my body either. (And obviously, if it's not good for my body, it's not good for baby.) Selfish, selfish, selfish.

Alcohol isn't a toxin. It is a naturally fermented food product. Maybe that's where we're having an issue here. Overconsumption of alcohol CAN cause damage in your body, just like overconsumption of almost anything can. M.O.D.E.R.A.T.I.O.N.
Hey, call yourself what you will, I'm just giving my perspective.

Also, it's very easy to overconsume alcohol, especially with a fetus inside of you.
#28 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Well, I'm late to this party.

I just want to add a few things. Susun Weed whom I consider to be one of the foremost authorities on health and herbal remedies recommends in her book The Childbirth Year consuming small amounts of whiskey, in the first trimester, to stop miscarriage contractions. She says it slows the uterus. I trust she has the baby's health in mind since health is her life's work.
Also I am pretty sure a couple thousand years ago, most people drank wine in liu of water because the water was nasty and unfit for consumption. So they fermented grapes. I'm pretty sure this must have included pregnant women.

My first pregnancy I had 2 glasses of wine. Once i found out I was pregnant. Before that, I had been to a wedding. My second I think i had 2 or 3. Don't remember, don't think it matters all that much.

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#29 of 44 Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Hello everyone! I'm posting a gentle reminder to please keep the original post in mind when replying and please be constructive when controversial topics are discussed in order to maintain a friendly and respectful atmosphere. If a post is concerning to you, please PM me and avoid taking direct issue in the thread itself. Thank you very much

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#30 of 44 Old 09-03-2010, 02:50 AM

I work with a lot of families trying (generally unsuccessfully) to cope with FASD behaviors. They are so, so hard. No matter how much I'd love the taste of a beer, I am absolutely unwilling to risk putting my family into that risk category.

FASD isn't something you can learn to deal with. An FASD baby will have a chaotic life and struggle to make healthy decisions every single day. I shouldn't say that in absolute terms, because of course everyone is different, but I've never seen it present differently.

Do I occasionally have a drink with HFCS? Yes. Are there risks? yes, but nothing like the risks of FASD. Do I eat the freshest available vegetables whether they're organic or not? Yes, again the consequences are NOTHING like FASD.

With my last pregnancy I CRAVED margaritas. I sucked limes, put salt on my rim and drank sweet non-alcoholic things. It didn't fit the craving but it got me through. This time, with this job, my heart just breaks when I hear about someone drinking during pregnancy. I have NO judgment for anyone here, but a part of me does seriously worry. Sure, lots of healthy babies have been born to women who had a few drinks here and there. But lots of not-healthy babies have been born to women who followed all the rules to the best of their ability. If my baby were born with a condition that I could have prevented, I would really struggle with that. As would the child. Whenever their FASD behaviors got them in to some kind of trouble, they'd wonder why their mom couldn't wait 9 months. As would I.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I'm just trying to explain my point of view. From where I stand, the risks could not outweigh the benefits more.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page