Chat thread Sept 6-12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New chat thread for everyone!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#2 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM

How's it going preggos? Hope this finds everyone well!

I'm 14w 1d. Doing just fine. Only pg symptom that has me off is lower back pain. I've been busy and active doing physical work around the house and my back feels like I am HUGE pg. It's also doing all kinds of popping and cracking.

A little bit showing now and ready to splurge on some maternity clothes.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#3 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 03:57 PM

I have to share my funny/pathetic pregnant lady story from this weekend:

We were out of town for my grandma-in-law's 80th b-day party. We were staying at a hotel because there was a lot of family in town. On Sunday morning all the cousins were going to meet for breakfast at First Watch at 9. I had a banana at the hotel and figured that would hold me over til we ate at the restaurant. So 9:20 rolls around, I am starving, and we are still waiting on some people to show up. We are seated at the table but someone says "We should wait to order til everyone gets here."
At that point I snapped and ran out of the restaurant to the high end grocery store across the street. I am wondering around the aisles looking for SOMETHING with some protein/fat to make me feel OK.
The unsuspecting guy at the meat counter asks me if he can help me. I try to start explaining that I am really hungry and need something to eat, but I just burst out crying. Loud, uncontrollable sobbing. I manage to eek out that I'm pregnant, I'm hungry, I need some protein. Being the meat counter angel that he is, he gives me a meal sized "sample" of smoked salmon. One of the best things I've ever eaten in my life!

So, lesson learned, I need to eat. Other than that I am feeling pretty good. Feeling large actually. I managed to weigh myself at GMIL's house (our scale is in the attic where I never use it), and I'm 10 pounds over my last known pre-pregnancy weight. Yeesh. Trying to keep powerful, creator, Venus of Willendorf, bringer of life vibes in my head and celebrate getting round. But I can't seem to stop looking forward to some post delivery, hardcore breastfeeding weight loss. Staying in moment, staying in the moment, staying in the moment.

I know there was going to be a lot of news sharing this Labor Day weekend, I hope that went well for everybody!
#4 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 04:36 PM

Rockycrop, that is SO FUNNY!! You should write that in your baby book. That hunger just SLAMS me sometimes.

Thanks Sandrine for the thread.

@happyfam, I hope you have fun shopping! I bought 3 shirts last week, but left the tags on two. My upper belly is jutting out like a muffin-top over the baby bulge.

I had a GREAT appointment this morning! SCH is almost gone! She thinks the bleeding is from the placenta previa and is encouraging me to limit activity as much as possible again for the next couple weeks, as the bleeding irritates the uterus.

The baby looks like a baby! It was lying still when she started the u/s, and then flipped over and started kicking like a mule at the u/s wand. I'm so sure it's a girl with 'tude. Our first tri results actually came back great, and I'm finding myself really excited at the idea of this new baby.

I am still a little stressed about finding a doula, when it's not clear I'll actually get a trial of labor. It's just so much money, but DH, who took Bradley with me 5 years ago, doesn't want the responsibility. I know my odds of VBA2C are much better with some good labor support. But I am confident I'll find someone.
#5 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM

wow Rockycrop. I both felt bad for you... and had to laugh! Luckily the meat guy saved you with the salmon!

I am 12 weeks now - yeah! I know that 13 is really the end of 1st trimester but something about 12 seems cool to me.

My mom bought be a few maternity clothes today (for my birthday this summer she had wanted to take me clothes shopping so I put it off a bit to get a few new maternity things). I still have my old stuff but needed some pants and wanted some simple cotton shirts for this in-between stage (that don't look totally big belly with the string around the top maternity style) but that will still work for a lot of the pregnancy. I found some decent ones - yeah!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#6 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

I had a GREAT appointment this morning! SCH is almost gone! She thinks the bleeding is from the placenta previa and is encouraging me to limit activity as much as possible again for the next couple weeks, as the bleeding irritates the uterus.

The baby looks like a baby! It was lying still when she started the u/s, and then flipped over and started kicking like a mule at the u/s wand. I'm so sure it's a girl with 'tude. Our first tri results actually came back great, and I'm finding myself really excited at the idea of this new baby.
Lyss, I'm glad you had so much good news and a great scan.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#7 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 11:18 PM

Lyss- I think your chances are good that your placenta will move up as your uterus grows. Perhaps you could find a doula that does some post-partum work also, so that if you don't need her for the labor, you could use her after?

I got stung by a yellow jacket today. ouch! I'm really hoping that it doesn't mean anything. I now have this irrational fear I've doomed the baby to be allergic to bees...

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#8 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 12:28 AM

14 weeks tomorrow! Good riddance, first trimester. Though to be fair, the last two weeks I've been feeling pretty good, except when I brush my teeth or take my prenatal vitamins... They make me feel super nauseous, going to look for a new brand this weekend as I now know it's not just morning sickness doing it.

My lower back has been driving me crazy, too. Lots of popping, really annoying. And my boobs are itching, I guess from stretching? Drives me nuts.

Today a mom from school came up and congratulated me, it's the first time someone has congratulated me without being told I'm pregnant, so I guess I look as huge and pregnant this week as I feel. At least I think no one told her... but she's kind of a loudmouth with bad manners so I doubt she is as careful as most people are not to ask before it's SUPER obvious, haha.

But really, I feel huge. I'm giving it two more weeks before I have to wear maternity clothes, not just my baggy/ stretchy stuff.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#9 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 01:14 AM

I had my NT today and got lots of great pics of the baby. I also got really good numbers 1/840 for Down Syndrome and 1/32,000 for Trisomy 18. I can relax now about having an amnio and enjoy. The baby was moving all over the place during the scan. I wanted a gender guess but didn't get one. I got some pics that have the "nub" in them, so I'm going to see if I can hazard a guess based on that, lol.
#10 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 AM

Would you believe I've got sciatica already? Dumb.
I had a dream that my baby was beautiful and I was enamored, and then started to notice these weird scars appearing at the corner of (in this dream) her left eye. As she grew, the scars turned into two extra eyes, which opened very slowly over time, making four eyes in a row. I still thought she was beautiful.
I will be thirteen weeks tomorrow and what do you know? I'm still pregnant! Happy, happy, happy.
I hope everybody is feeling good and that those who aren't, find themselves improving every day. I feel blessed to have this big belly and everything that goes with it, even the sciatic twinges and emotional derring-do.

Helena, living in Oregon with my darling husband and our amazing little boy, born March, 2011. joy.gif
#11 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 AM

Can someone tell me how it is that I have this gut when my uterus is barely poking over my pelvic bone?? Can I really say that it's part of pregnancy, and not a side effect of the way I'm eating during pregnancy? I'm sad that I've actually lost a few pounds, but have this gut that is not my uterus. I have to assume that I've lost muscle, right? I haven't been exercising as much. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockycrop View Post
On Sunday morning all the cousins were going to meet for breakfast at First Watch at 9. I had a banana at the hotel and figured that would hold me over til we ate at the restaurant. So 9:20 rolls around, I am starving, and we are still waiting on some people to show up. We are seated at the table but someone says "We should wait to order til everyone gets here."
Oh I hate that sensation so much!!!! Very cool that the butcher was able to hook you up. Gave him his good deed for the day.

Quote:

The baby looks like a baby! It was lying still when she started the u/s, and then flipped over and started kicking like a mule at the u/s wand.
I'm glad you got such great news and a chance to see your sweet babe. I hope you're able to track down a doula. You might post over in your tribal area, someone might be able to point you to a student doula or someone trying to build up their experience portfolio - ie pro bono doulas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post

I am 12 weeks now - yeah! I know that 13 is really the end of 1st trimester but something about 12 seems cool to me.
12 is awesome! So are maternity clothes. I'm having to leave my pants unbuttoned, so perhaps it's time for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
I got stung by a yellow jacket today. ouch! I'm really hoping that it doesn't mean anything. I now have this irrational fear I've doomed the baby to be allergic to bees...
Ow!!! I doubt it will impact the baby at all where'd you get stung?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post
14 weeks tomorrow! Good riddance, first trimester. Though to be fair, the last two weeks I've been feeling pretty good, except when I brush my teeth or take my prenatal vitamins... They make me feel super nauseous, going to look for a new brand this weekend as I now know it's not just morning sickness doing it.
yay! good riddance indeed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
I had my NT today and got lots of great pics of the baby. I also got really good numbers 1/840 for Down Syndrome and 1/32,000 for Trisomy 18. I can relax now about having an amnio and enjoy. The baby was moving all over the place during the scan. I wanted a gender guess but didn't get one. I got some pics that have the "nub" in them, so I'm going to see if I can hazard a guess based on that, lol.
I'm glad you got good news!! I haven't decided what to do about that screen yet... I have about a month to think about it.

woo, a nub! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpquafish View Post
Would you believe I've got sciatica already? Dumb.
I had a dream that my baby was beautiful and I was enamored, and then started to notice these weird scars appearing at the corner of (in this dream) her left eye. As she grew, the scars turned into two extra eyes, which opened very slowly over time, making four eyes in a row. I still thought she was beautiful.
I will be thirteen weeks tomorrow and what do you know? I'm still pregnant! Happy, happy, happy.
I hope everybody is feeling good and that those who aren't, find themselves improving every day. I feel blessed to have this big belly and everything that goes with it, even the sciatic twinges and emotional derring-do.
Ugh, sorry to hear that.

Happy 13 weeks!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#12 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Can someone tell me how it is that I have this gut when my uterus is barely poking over my pelvic bone??
Is this your second though? It might very well be all uterus.

Speaking of.... I'm curious where everyone is measuring for fundal height? At my appointment a couple weeks ago (which would have been just over 11 weeks), she said my uterus was right about at my belly button. I was pretty surprised, even though I already feel gigantic (ok, I AM gigantic ), but she said that's normal for 2nd (or more) babies.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#13 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Is this your second though? It might very well be all uterus.

Speaking of.... I'm curious where everyone is measuring for fundal height? At my appointment a couple weeks ago (which would have been just over 11 weeks), she said my uterus was right about at my belly button. I was pretty surprised, even though I already feel gigantic (ok, I AM gigantic ), but she said that's normal for 2nd (or more) babies.
at the midwife on Monday she said she could feel the edge poking just beyond my pelvic bone, which is lower than my pooch for sho. Sounds like you're higher than me. Mine didn't have any comment on whether I was high or low or right on.

#14 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 AM

I can't feel mine. When I lay on my back my belly is still really flat - concave even. I can only guess by how high I can hear hb with doppler. I don't reach my belly button til closer to 20w though.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#15 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 PM

kaPOW, even if your uterus isn't that huge yet, it still pushes everything out of the way, and, if you're like me (and it sounds like you are), it pushes it all out in front!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#16 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

I had an appt this morning and here are my stats:

The baby heartbeat is in the 150's
My bp is 92/69
I see her in 4wks

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#17 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:

So glad you got good news at your appointment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Mine is up to my belly button as well. I've been able to feel fundal height from pretty early on. I'm also pretty big and only gonna get bigger (I got a ton of "Are you sure there's not twins in there?" with my first).

ETA: Just added a pic in "belly pics" so you all can see for yourself!
#18 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Thanks neuromancer, for the happy thoughts!

Banana, that's what the ob said too. I would be afraid of the bee allergy too. Those kinds of things scare me too!

Katroshka, good for you! I kind of count 13 weeks as 2nd trimester, although I've seen it between 12-14. You're in for a long haul if you're already getting unsolicited comments! I made it to 20 weeks w/DS (my second), but think I'll be in maternity in a couple weeks, too.

Lousli, great news!!! I had my screening results, too, and I'm so happy we don't need any invasive testing. Will do the second trimester screen in 5 weeks or so.

umpquafish, we haven't seen you forever! Sorry about sciatica.

kapow, maybe it's a little bloat? I'm not sure how many weeks you are, but the bloating starts to go down in the second tri. But yeah, everything shifts around in there fast!

Sandrine, great appointment!

I'm having a kind of yucky morning. My almost-3yo had a nearly 2 hour marathon tantrum because he couldn't have a third morningstar breakfast pattie, he didn't want to wash his hands, and he didn't feel like peeing in the potty. My nearly 5yo is suffering because my nerves are shot from the tantrum and I don't feel like playing Candyland with her. The OB told me off my feet for 1-2 weeks yesterday, and between my little monsters, I've been on my feet for hours. Sometimes it's hard to imagine what I will have left for another child, but DD is off to transitional kindergarten next week and I suppose our whole dynamic will change. Right?
#19 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 10:26 PM

I haven't had an appointment yet, but my midwife is one of my closest friends so we've been checking in about the baby when we talk about other stuff.

I'm happy to be nearing the end of the first trimester too and am going to have to consider maternity clothes pretty soon. I don't love them as I am really a long skirts kind of gal and I can never find maternity clothes that feel like me.

I started my last year of my BSN today and I am hoping that it is pretty smooth year. I will have one thing to do after the baby comes- a 120hr internship- and I am wondering how to do that and not be miserable.

Mama to DD-9, DSS-11, happily married and living with 1dog, 1 cat, 7 chickens, and 2 ducks....expecting 03/11
#20 of 27 Old 09-09-2010, 01:47 AM

We had our first prenatal with the midwife today. Due to some familial difficulties, we were about 1-1 1/2 hours late. I did call and ask her if she wanted to reschedule, but she told us to come on up. Wonderful woman! We spent about 45-60 mins going over various pregnancy stuff and just talking, then we had dinner with her and her son, and then we did some more pregnancy stuff. Medical stuff was a hb in the 150's, bp of 120/64. I think we finally left her house after being there for about 3 hours.

Both DH and I really enjoyed the appointment and her and her son. We are both happy we have decided to go this route and are looking forward to the rest of the pregnancy.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#21 of 27 Old 09-09-2010, 12:07 PM

12w5d here!

I just switched to a daytime schedule and it's AMAZING how much better I feel! I can go to bed at 9:00p if I want! I was working until midnight (30 minute commute home) and still getting up at 6 to get DD ready for school. I'm really, really excited about this (even if it IS just for 4 months). I'm covering a co-worker that's doing an overnight rotation. I'm already in negotiations with my manager about whether I can jump on another morning schedule when he comes back.

The nausea is still there...but not as bad. The nasty taste in my mouth is making it a chore to eat, but I'm dealing. I've never been a gum chewer before, but right now I'm buying economy packs!

Every so often I think I feel a flutter, but it's always so rhythmic that I thinks it's actually my pulse/bloodflow.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#22 of 27 Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Silverlace, what's a BSN? How many months do they give you to do 120 hours?

Aleyna, your MW sounds like a great match!

Milosmomma, glad you're feeling somewhat better and getting some rest. It's such a drag to be exhausted in pregnancy and then have a baby and be sleep-deprived on top. I hope your schedule gets switched. What do you do that you work so late at night?

I'm feeling way better today. I hate to jinx it but I haven't had any spotting for 2 days. And we've been eating salad every day. I missed it. M/s sucked.

I'm taking the kids to the farmer's market and the park this morning. I'm having a lot of anxiety about telling them the news. DS will be 3 in a month and DD will be 5 in a month and a half. So many people know already that I'm afraid someone is going to talk to them about it before we've had a chance to. DD starts kindergarten in 4 days, so I feel like there's a lot of upheaval around here. But I need to start wearing maternity clothes and DD is going to figure it out soon. DH isn't comfortable with telling them yet, for whatever reason.
#23 of 27 Old 09-09-2010, 04:07 PM

Lyss- I work in television news in the satellites and transmissions dept. I coordinate the satellite feeds to get video back to use to use on air (that's the really simple explanation). We're staffed 24 hrs, so schedules can get crazy. We also do 4 month overnight rotations, hence my 4 month stint on dayside.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#24 of 27 Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

I am soooo tired and even with a full night sleep, I don't feel refresh and ready to tackle the day. Last night, my head hit the pillow and I didn't wake up at all until the alarm woke me up. I so didn't want to get up but my bladder had something else in mind. lol

Can I go back to sleep now???

#25 of 27 Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM

stress, stress, stress. my son is supposed to start kindy on monday, but the school doesn't have a location yet and it's all up in the air. i have no idea what i'm going to do for childcare and no idea if this is a temporary thing, or if i'm going to have to scramble to find long term care or what. i took this last week off of work hoping to spend his last week before school with him, now i'm regretting using this vacation time. ugh.

Quote:

I'm having a kind of yucky morning. My almost-3yo had a nearly 2 hour marathon tantrum because he couldn't have a third morningstar breakfast pattie, he didn't want to wash his hands, and he didn't feel like peeing in the potty. My nearly 5yo is suffering because my nerves are shot from the tantrum and I don't feel like playing Candyland with her. The OB told me off my feet for 1-2 weeks yesterday, and between my little monsters, I've been on my feet for hours. Sometimes it's hard to imagine what I will have left for another child, but DD is off to transitional kindergarten next week and I suppose our whole dynamic will change. Right?
we've been having a harder time lately too.

[QUOTE=MO_Bookwyrm;15823283]We had our first prenatal with the midwife today. Due to some familial difficulties, we were about 1-1 1/2 hours late. I did call and ask her if she wanted to reschedule, but she told us to come on up. Wonderful woman! We spent about 45-60 mins going over various pregnancy stuff and just talking, then we had dinner with her and her son, and then we did some more pregnancy stuff. Medical stuff was a hb in the 150's, bp of 120/64. I think we finally left her house after being there for about 3 hours.

Both DH and I really enjoyed the appointment and her and her son. We are both happy we have decided to go this route and are looking forward to the rest of the pregnancy.[/QUOTE

wow, that's amazing!! sounds like a great midwife find

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
12w5d here!

I just switched to a daytime schedule and it's AMAZING how much better I feel! I can go to bed at 9:00p if I want! I was working until midnight (30 minute commute home) and still getting up at 6 to get DD ready for school. I'm really, really excited about this (even if it IS just for 4 months). I'm covering a co-worker that's doing an overnight rotation. I'm already in negotiations with my manager about whether I can jump on another morning schedule when he comes back.
sounds like a great chance, i hope you're able to get another one!

Quote:
I'm feeling way better today. I hate to jinx it but I haven't had any spotting for 2 days. And we've been eating salad every day. I missed it. M/s sucked.

I'm taking the kids to the farmer's market and the park this morning. I'm having a lot of anxiety about telling them the news. DS will be 3 in a month and DD will be 5 in a month and a half. So many people know already that I'm afraid someone is going to talk to them about it before we've had a chance to. DD starts kindergarten in 4 days, so I feel like there's a lot of upheaval around here. But I need to start wearing maternity clothes and DD is going to figure it out soon. DH isn't comfortable with telling them yet, for whatever reason.
awesome news!!! why are you anxious about telling them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
I am soooo tired and even with a full night sleep, I don't feel refresh and ready to tackle the day. Last night, my head hit the pillow and I didn't wake up at all until the alarm woke me up. I so didn't want to get up but my bladder had something else in mind. lol

Can I go back to sleep now???
sleep is weird.

#26 of 27 Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 PM

I am freezing over here! It's 50 degrees outside and where I've been living for the last few years these are winter time temps for me. I'm not going to make it...

That's my new smilie.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#27 of 27 Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 AM

At our appt last week my fundal height was 13 cm (I was 12 weeks). My MW said it's normally 1 cm for 1 week (plus or minus 1 or 2). So 13 cm was right on for 12 weeks. And she said I'd probably be right at the belly button at 20 weeks.

I am desperately trying to feel movement, but I think I'm just gassy???

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page