I had the most amazing birth dream last night - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was really wild, and my memory of it was a bit foggy.

I dreamt I was in a Tibetan monastery that had a birthing center. There were a bunch of us laboring women on low wooden stools and one monk who was like the spiritual midwife who was just meditating and chanting and holding the energy for all of us. I got to watch a couple of women have beautiful ecstatic births, then it was my turn and I got to watch myself giver birth with a bird's eye view of myself. it was beautiful.

Just wanted to share!

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#2 of 4 Old 09-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Hold on to that image

I had an amazing birth dream when I was pregnant with DD, who is now 16 months. I didn't hold on to the feeling of peace and perfection; instead letting myself become frightened. I ended up in the hospital instead of having our UC at home, like I wanted. Hold onto it, Mama.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-08-2010, 01:48 AM

That's an awesome dream! I've had one this pregnancy that was so detailed of having my baby in my bath tub. The one in the house we are about to buy. It was great! I didn't even check the sex just wanted to hold my precious bundle. I even remember thinking, I don't care if this is a boy or girl. It was cool. And it would be awesome to push this baby out in my tub!

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#4 of 4 Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 AM

What a great dream! It sounds so real. When I was pregnant with DD I had an amazing brith dream where I was in a lush, sweet-smelling paradise (like Hawaii) and a waterfall starting gushing between my legs and with flowers rushing in the water, and my baby slid out on the water. I scooped the baby up and held it to my breast so full of love and light. I used it as a relaxation image for months as I was falling asleep and put a photo of a waterfall on my birth altar before the birth. DD wasn't born in the water, though I laboured there, but it was a beautiful, uncomplicated home birth. I'm hoping for a dream or sign this time too. But if I don't get one, that dream was enough to hold me for my whole life I think!

Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page