Weekly chat for 10/10-10/16 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm new to the board!
I'm 18 weeks, will be 19 on Monday. This has been the weirdest pregnancy to date. I'm nearly convinced we're having twins. We'll be doing an US next Wednesday to find out for sure. I've been feeling tiny jabs since 12 weeks, and babe(s) are getting very wiggly the last couple days. It's relieving because I've been so big, but so little feeling, it's been disconcerting. When you're belly is the size of a 6 month pregnant lady, you feel like that baby should feel like a 6 mo baby, you know? I got two separate FHTs on the fetoscope last Friday, but it's not always possible to get anything at all due to placenta sounds everywhere, and then I get supine hypotension problems being on my back. I've been measuring 5 wks ahead for awhile. I have never measured more than a cm ahead with any of the other 6. So, either it's twins, or I'm crazy. I might be crazy anyway. LOL So far, we're planning another home birth. If there are two, that plan might change, or it might not.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 11:51 PM

Welcome, mylilmonkeys! Make sure you let us know if you are having twins, that is very exciting!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

Old 10-16-2010, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome mylilmonkeys!!!

I've had my first "random mentions" this week. I'm actually not sure about the first one...DD was getting her hair cut and I was wrangling DS and the stylist said "I don't know how you do it....2 kids and one of the way!". However, I'm not sure if I had already mentioned it, or if she'd heard me talking to somebody else about being pregnant. HOWEVER, this morning I was waiting in line at a convenience store (coffee and a breakfast sandwich) and the guy in front of me turned around and said "You go ahead, your hands are full and I'm not going to keep an expectant mother from eating!" Wow...thanks!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 10-16-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely update after the US. It's so bizarre. I have not had an US with most of my pregnancies. I routinely avoid dopplers, preferring the fetoscope. Ahh, well, if it's two, better to know now than wait and have to make last minute adjustments to our birth plans.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
"You go ahead, your hands are full and I'm not going to keep an expectant mother from eating!" Wow...thanks!
oooooh that is seriously awesome

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM

mylilmonkeys, that's so fun! Can't wait to read your update!

Neuromancer, that's exactly how I felt when DH's uncle walked in the other night and said, "Either there's a new kid on the way or you've really grown." Usually I try to work the awkward by denying it (with the other two anyway) to make someone squirm, but I was caught so off-guard I missed my cue!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:40 PM

I woke up this morning thinking about twins. I don't have any reason to think I'm having twins, but haven't heard a heartbeat or had a ultrasound yet, so it just leaves me wondering.

DF and I were talking this morning about how we can tell this baby will have a completely different temperament than DD. DD was a constant wiggler and snuggler (she would go all the way to the edge of my uterus where it was cozy). I can barely ever feel where this baby is or feel any movement.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 10-18-2010, 12:07 PM

I wanted to thank you ladies for being supportive when I shared how I've been feeling. I'm struggling right now, but my dh is being awesome, and trying to help me though it. He is taking time off work this week to stay home and clean and organize, which has been too overwhelming for me. I'm hoping that with a clean house and his bonus check coming in, I'll feel a bit better. And out big ultrasound is tomorrow! So can't wait for that!

If after all of that, I'm still feeling blue, I'm going to consider asking my doc about alternatives to medications, and if needed, about meds. I'm thinking of starting with light box therapy, because it is so dark now when I get up in the mornings. Anyone had success with that?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 PM

Well, we found out it is a girl! She looks great and healthy, and my cervix is nice and long and closed. Hooray!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

that's great news lousli!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM

Thanks Sara! I feel like this right now...
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Congrats Lousli on a baby girl!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 AM

Hooray for girls! I hope you start feeling better soon. It's so great that you're helping yourself out of it. I went to an MCLE seminar a couple weeks ago, and they said untreated depression in moms was really hard on kids. I am going to try to remember that next time I'm in the Bell Jar and get myself some help.

We have several friends that have three daughters. One of DH's best friends (and now a v. close friend of all of ours) is the middle of three girls, and the three of them are joined at the hip. Very sweet!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 AM

Congratulations Lousli!

We seem to be having a rush hod girls right now. For a while it was seeming like everyone was finding out they were having boys!

I still have 2 more weeks until I find out....

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
Congratulations Lousli!

We seem to be having a rush hod girls right now. For a while it was seeming like everyone was finding out they were having boys!

I still have 2 more weeks until I find out....
I'm waiting impatiently to find out (hopefully) on the 11th.
Posted via Mobile Device

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post
Well, we found out it is a girl! She looks great and healthy, and my cervix is nice and long and closed. Hooray!
I say yay too! Nothing new to buy!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 10-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Congrats Lousli!! How do your daughters feel about the news?

We find out in less than a week! My office mate posted a list for all our coworkers to guess boy/girl. It's about 50/50 right now!
Posted via Mobile Device

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 10-20-2010, 09:54 PM

It's official. Two little babies in there. I think one actually changed position over night. I was confident one was low transverse just above my pelvis and the other was definitely vertex. But there was a lot of movement overnight. When I woke to go to the bathroom and as I was walking back to bed, I looked down and noticed the right side of my belly sure looked different. LOL And now they are both vertex. Would it be too much to hope they stay that way? Both placentas are in the fundus and they are completely separate, two separate sacs and everything. So far, so good! I'm just thrilled that what I suspected is true and I'm not nuts or making it all up in my head. LOL Now I can change my signature to be more specific.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
I say yay too! Nothing new to buy!
Oh my goodness, how I wish that were true! But my kids are almost 9 and 5 (6 in December) and I thought we were done, so in terms of newborn to about 2 year old stuff, we have no clothes, no diapers. I do have most of the big stuff still (crib, stroller, carriers, breastpump,) so that's good.

My girls are way excited. The younger one really wanted a brother, but she seemed to be happy about it almost immediately. Especially now that we can call the baby by name and such.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:03 PM

congrats my lilmonkeys!!! How amazing you figured it out!

At what age do they start refusing to wear the hand-me-downs? We've got girl clothes for 0-3 mo and 4T+.

Boy clothes for 0-3 mo and 2T+.

I'm really suspecting this is a girl.

So . . . movement? I'm 19w today, and really feeling so little movement. I know the placenta was anterior as of 5 weeks ago or so, but low. Are you guys feeling it every day now?

I've also had about 3 colds since DD started school 6 weeks ago, and I haven't breathed out my nose for over a month. It's getting old.

This morning, I suspected my water broke because I had just had my morning pee and I sneezed and there was this big *gush*. I totally freaked out, but I think it was just pee.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 PM

Wait, what? Twins? Holy macaroni, I have to read more carefully!

Congrats Mylilmonkeys!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:17 AM

Congrats Mylilmonkeys!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Old 10-21-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post
It's official. Two little babies in there.
How exciting!!! Are you the only one with twins in our DDC so far?

Lyss- I just started feeling definite movement yesterday, and I'm 18+2 (I've been feeling little somethings here and there for more than a month, but this is a for sure baby kick .) This is around the time I started feeling regular movement last time too, so I'm sure it will be any day for you!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:16 AM

WE FELT A FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DF was putting his hand on my belly and all of a sudden asks me "Is that a foot?" sure enough there was a foot pushing out just under my rib. I'm also feeling movement a lot more lately, though still not nearly as much as with DD.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

wow, so much excitement today!!! yay!!!

my last pregnancy i didn't feel anything until i was after 20 weeks. maybe some thing to do with positioning?

there are sooooo maaaany twins!!! i am curious how many we are up to now. amazing! april has quite a few as well.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Lyss- I just started feeling definite movement yesterday, and I'm 18+2 (I've been feeling little somethings here and there for more than a month, but this is a for sure baby kick .) This is around the time I started feeling regular movement last time too, so I'm sure it will be any day for you!
Ditto, except I am 20w+2. I felt the clear movements while I was belly-down at the chiro. (He asked if I was still comfortable on my belly, and I said "let's see" and decided I was ok for a little while.) I don't know if the compressed belly stimulated the baby to be more active, or if it just enabled me to feel it better.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 AM

Lyss- I'm still not feeling much movement either (18w5d). It's strange because I'm fairly certain that I was feeling definite movement earlier in my last 2 pregnancies. Oh well, it's either the position or the fact that I'm too busy to notice this time.

I think the baby has done something different in the last couple days because my belly is definitely smaller and less round (back to lumpy ). Flip back baby! I liked being round!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 PM

I'm 17 weeks, 3 days and since it's my first pregnancy I'm not sure if what I rarely feel is still gas and digestion. I want some real kicks!
Posted via Mobile Device

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:45 PM

Don't worry if you're not feeling movement yet! With my #5 I didn't feel movement until well after 20 weeks. I think it might have been 22 weeks. I was surprised, but I think he was just positioned to where I couldn't feel it. He is such a wild child, too, so I don't think it was temperamental.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM

Thanks for those of you sharing experiences of not feeling movement until after 20 weeks--it's reassuring! I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, and still not sure what I'm feeling down there. I've always had a really strong pulse near my belly button, so it seems like that overshadows any other movements going on

This is a good week for me--I found out that I've been accepted into a birthing centre, which is a huge deal in Montreal because there's a shortage of midwives, and about 2/3 of women are refused for midwife care. I've been on the waiting list since finding out I'm pregnant. My first appointment is on Monday. Whew! I'm so excited

Also, congrats on the twins, mylilmonkeys! And marissamom, feeling a foot sounds so cool. I can't wait!

User Tag List