Appetite Increase Anyone - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so I had a ton of nausea and am still (rarely) throwing up in the a.m....I'll be 19 weeks on Wed. and as of a couple of weeks ago I had gained maybe 5 lb...on Fri. I found out I gained 13 lb (!) and I have to say I am just so incredibly hungry...the midwives asked me to do this nutritional exercise and write down everything I eat for three days and wow...I'm hungry! Mostly high quality, with some desserts...and to think I hope to keep it to 35 lb this time...we'll see. Anyone else have an appetite that just EXPLODED like mine recently?

By for now, I have to go look in the fridge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 11:46 PM

YES! these last 2 weeks... there is no full point. i gained 2lbs week before last and 2 last week. i hadn't gained any before that though.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#3 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 AM

not really I'll had odd meals where I feel hungry but nothing major. i don't think i have gained anyhting yet but we'll see next week when i have my midwives appt

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#4 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 AM

Oh yes. I love food, pregnant or not, but suddenly I'm ravenous. I am so tired of feeling hungry all the time. I'm so tired of eating! But I'm still having some food aversion, so I'm not sure I'm eating enough. Bleah.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#5 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 AM

I'm with you!

My afternoon snack has gotten bigger, and so have my lunches.

Also having a bedtime snack most nights. I started having one early on so I could take my vitamins and go to sleep (to avoid the yuck of vitamins). It's worked great and now I'm still doing it!

Mama to DD-9, DSS-11, happily married and living with 1dog, 1 cat, 7 chickens, and 2 ducks....expecting 03/11
#6 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 AM

yup. second breakfasts and lunches every day. still haven't gained any weight, but i think that is because it is being counteracted by some muscle loss from not working out so much. not a great combo, but oh well.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#7 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 01:58 AM

Me too. Not snacking too much between meals (well, apples) but I'm definitely having seconds a lot more than usual. And things taste REALLY good!

Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011
#8 of 13 Old 10-13-2010, 03:59 AM

It's been a couple of weeks now I am eating all day long. I don't really eat full meals but I am nibbling on something almost every 1-2 hours. I hope to gain less this time around because I started out a little heavier than last pregnancy but we'll see.

enjoying motherhood way more than science:
married to DH love.gif (2003) mama to DDenergy.gif(Nov 2008) & DSbabyf.gif   (Mar 2011)

#9 of 13 Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 PM

I am 17w2d today and all of a sudden it has hit me. I have actually not gained any weight yet (down a couple of pounds) so I have been worried about that. I assume that will change soon, I hope I packed enough in my lunch.
#10 of 13 Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So hungry!! I'm 17w 2d, I'm finally not sick at all so at least healthy rawish stuff sounds good now. I always gain so much in the 1st and 2nd tri- the first because I eat constantly to ward off puking, and in the 2nd because I'm so hungry.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#11 of 13 Old 10-13-2010, 01:23 PM

I read the baby grows a lot between 16-19 weeks. I was SO HUNGRY a couple weeks ago, but it has kind of evened out. I'm not eating a second breakfast, and if I eat a small quick lunch and a single helping at dinner, I'm fine, although if there's dessert, I'm all over it.

What kills me though is that during that 2 weeks, I gained FOUR POUNDS! I was down three, so I'm only up one for the pregnancy, but I was already overweight and I don't think I'm going to get to exercise, so I really want to go slow on the weight gain.

A big protein breakfast really helps me a lot. I noticed on the days I have cereal for breakfast, I could eat a horse.
#12 of 13 Old 10-13-2010, 03:26 PM

I am glad I am not the only one wanting 2nd breakfast and eating more... makes me feel better that maybe it is something to do with the 16-19 weeks time frame so that it might not continue. I also gained 2 pounds last week.

But my total of 13 pounds up now my midwife said that was fine and she was happy with that. I think it is less then where I was last time (I gained 56) so I am not too unhappy about it.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#13 of 13 Old 10-13-2010, 04:18 PM

My MD said I lost 14 lbs in the month before I found out I was expecting. My BP was high and I was dehydrated so MD said get to OB right away. OB said I had HG. I was really sick for about 9 weeks, eating mainly rice and applesauce. I didn't start gaining weight until about 3 weeks ago.

I have a few foods I eat daily. Big salad, string cheese, pb&j and lots of milk.

I crave spaghetti and meat sauce.

I had food aversions before pregnancy - no chicken, hot dogs (or hot dog shaped food) and yogurt. My hubs keeps waiting for me to ask for them. LOL!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page