Movement? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would any of you guys be concerned that you haven't felt distinct movement yet? I have felt little things that I'm thinking are is that the baby or is that gas? I just know with my first LO that I felt it earlier than this one. I will be 18 weeks on Monday. I went the dr a week and a half ago and heartbeat was fine.

SAHM to my DS born 12/5/07, DD born 3/21/11

#2 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 AM

I bet you the little things are the baby...isn't that how it starts? For me at first it's just gentle tickles. Have you tried a sugary drink and then lying down on your left side to see if you can detect more movement? That's what I do if I get a bit worried and it's usually reassuring. But if you have any concerns I would call... (((hugs)))
#3 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 11:10 AM

Kila, yes i was concerned that I hadn't felt movement. Yet I have seen so many posts about that in our DDC. But I was concerned enough to allow the MW to use the doppler, even though I hadn't planned on it for a while longer. But I told myself I am going to have the big U/S in a week anyway, so what's the difference if I have a few seconds of doppler a few days before having 45 minutes of U/S.

And then coincidentally I started feeling regular movement the next day (at 20.5 weeks).

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#4 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 AM

I wouldn't worry. It's early to "expect" anything.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#5 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 12:06 PM

This is baby #3 for me and I know what to expect and I'm still thinking "is that baby or is it gas????"

I've really noticed that after DTD, she moves A LOT - Daddy says she's applauding his efforts. Pfft

Mama to DS T (10/11/2004) and DD M (09/03/09) and cookin' up baby #3 due late March/early April 2010!
#6 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 12:19 PM

I'm only about 4 days ahead of you and I just started feeling distinct movements within the last 5ish days. I was worried too, since I'd felt other babies earlier.

If you don't feel regular movement by 20 weeks then I'd get in touch with your provider.

Mama to DD-9, DSS-11, happily married and living with 1dog, 1 cat, 7 chickens, and 2 ducks....expecting 03/11
#7 of 15 Old 10-23-2010, 01:37 PM

This is my first baby with an anterior placenta, and I feel practically nothing. 19.5 weeks. Twice I felt the baby kicking at a rib when I was sitting folded up in a chair, but the rest of the time, I feel just little movements, and sometimes I feel like I can get more air, and then the baby moves back and it's back to normal.

I hope we all get reassured soon!
#8 of 15 Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
This is my first baby with an anterior placenta, and I feel practically nothing. 19.5 weeks. Twice I felt the baby kicking at a rib when I was sitting folded up in a chair, but the rest of the time, I feel just little movements, and sometimes I feel like I can get more air, and then the baby moves back and it's back to normal.

I hope we all get reassured soon!
Me too last pregnancy- I felt almost nothing for a very long time. This time I do not have an anterior placenta, and it's been so strange to feel big movement at 21w. But anyway- I just started feeling really easy to tell movement in the past 2w or so.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#9 of 15 Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

How would I know if I have an anterior placenta? I was never told what position the placenta was last pregnancy. I do know that at 19 week when I had my ultrasound (last pregnancy) that I could feel the kicks as I watched them on the screen. So I know I was feeling them at 19 weeks last time. Just has me worried.

SAHM to my DS born 12/5/07, DD born 3/21/11

#10 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 04:27 AM

Just wanted to give you some reassuring thoughts.....This is my 3rd pregnancy and with both boys I felt them around 17 weeks and continued to feel increased movement from that point on. Well this time, I still had only felt maybe a flutter or two but nothing on a continuous basis by 18 1/2 weeks. I was totally freaked out a day before I turned 19 weeks. I prayed all night long for God to just give me a sign, as having a previous miscarriage has left me very jumpy about my pregnancies. Sure enough God answered my prayers and the next day (19 weeks) I literally felt the baby all throughout the day and it's been that way ever since. We had our ultrasound today and I felt the little girl through the entire thing!! Stay positive you'll feel him/her soon!!!
#11 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilamonster View Post
How would I know if I have an anterior placenta? I was never told what position the placenta was last pregnancy. I do know that at 19 week when I had my ultrasound (last pregnancy) that I could feel the kicks as I watched them on the screen. So I know I was feeling them at 19 weeks last time. Just has me worried.
you can tell by doppler, u/s, etc...

mine is anterior and i was late feeling anything substantial. i'm 21 weeks now and can feel the baby move strongly now. so it could change at anytime for you.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#12 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 08:35 PM

I haven't felt any movement at all. Ultrasound last week explains it all.......anterior placenta for me. Boo! It's at least not covering my cervix so I don't have to worry about that. But looks like I won't feel much of anything this time around. With my first I didn't really feel anything until after 20 weeks.

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

#13 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 09:26 PM

I felt very indistinct movement last week (about week 16) and my midwife wasn't certain it was baby movement.

Then we used the doppler and when she said "Oh Baby is so active" I was feeling that same thing. So then I knew that is what I was feeling

Only recently in the past two or three days did I feel something at a distinct point in my uterus as if baby was 'bonking' me with a head or foot or something!
#14 of 15 Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 PM

Add me to the list of people feeling nothing definite. I'm 18 weeks and a day. I hope we all feel more reassured by "real" movements ASAP! Or at least by the fact that a bunch of us are still waiting.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#15 of 15 Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 AM

I was really worried about this too, as this is baby #3 and I definitely felt movement earlier with my others. I wasn't feeling anything I even thought could be baby until a week ago (19 weeks). But my ultrasound confirmed the anterior placenta so there you have it! I have started to notice more distinct movement the last couple days though which is really nice.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page