Anyone get super crafty for halloween this year? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must be nesting or pretending I'm super mom because we went went crazy with the arts and crafts this year to decorate. The kids had so much fun, I think their ages are perfect for this now. I also made a halloween skirt, appliqued shirt, and converted some socks into leggings for my daughter's preschool parade today... I'm tired, but having fun.

Any other Halloween crafters out there? Any ideas for Thanksgiving crafting?

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#2 of 11 Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM

I envy your energy. I don't have enough to fold the laundry that's covering the living-room or wash the dishes.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#3 of 11 Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Me either; I do the minimal to get by...Not only am i still SOOOOO tired i have no interest in doing anything
#4 of 11 Old 10-30-2010, 01:49 PM

I have not done as much as usual, but I did sew a fairy princess costume for my daughter (her choice) with a tedious corset style vest. I just displace my energy- I did this, but the dishes and laundry went undone!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#5 of 11 Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 PM

sounds like so much fun!! my son is very anti-craft so it's a real challenge for me to motivate myself to do things on my own. back when he was a bit younger we did a lot more. i'm hoping the next babe will be more into crafty stuff.

i'm enjoying the halloween weekend already though! tons of parties and activities to attend to, and of course pumpkin carving is a kind of craft.

happy halloween!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#6 of 11 Old 10-30-2010, 07:57 PM

Since we don't have kids yet, we haven't gone all out with crafts, but we did announce to our family that we're having a girl by carving "it's" "a" "girl" into 3 pumpkins (one with a pink bow on the stem ).

I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a little kid, so it got me really excited, thinking about being able to do fun stuff like this with our kid(s)
#7 of 11 Old 10-31-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'm hoping to keep the energy I do have going to at least Christmas... I have alot of outfits to make...then I can break down and do nothing

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

#8 of 11 Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 AM

Ugh, yes.

I made my daughters Halloween costumes and of course, because I can't possibly do things in a timely manner, the week before halloween was a mad craft dash. My house has suffered immensely. I'm really proud of the cloak though.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...C/IMG_1444.jpg

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#9 of 11 Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Ugh, yes.

I made my daughters Halloween costumes and of course, because I can't possibly do things in a timely manner, the week before halloween was a mad craft dash. My house has suffered immensely. I'm really proud of the cloak though.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...C/IMG_1444.jpg
Gorgeous cloak!!! I want it! In fact, I'm inspired and just might start knitting one for myself! Any tips?
#10 of 11 Old 11-04-2010, 06:03 PM

I made my boys' costumes. My 8yo was a fox and I knit the hat and tail and dyed his shirt and bag to match. My 4yo was a sushi chef and I knit the hat and the sushi for his "treat bag".
#11 of 11 Old 11-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposita View Post
Gorgeous cloak!!! I want it! In fact, I'm inspired and just might start knitting one for myself! Any tips?
yes, just one. Don't use fleece for the patchwork. I hand sewed the pieces together with a carpet needle and a running stitch and I had to literally put holes in it with an awl first, or I couldn't get the yarn through. The maroon fabric is a wool, and that really was like a dream to piece with the knitted blocks, and it looks better too. I was in a time crunch

That's one sharp looking fox hat! I would totally wear that!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page