Name stumped - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, well I probly have never posted here before, but I do lurk quite a bit.
I am having a boy, we already have a son, he's gonna turn 4 right right after this one is born. I absolutely /love/ my 3yr olds name, Raiden. When we came up with the name it only took about a week to devise it. We started early trying to come up with names for this one and picked a girl name that we both absolutely /love/ Skye.
Well I can't seem to find any other boy names that are sticking to us like my sons name or the girl name. One of the other problems is we are going to use the middle name Jeremiah in honor of DFs mom and DF has a 4 syllable last name so the first name can't be to long or it would just sound awkward when said. A few of the names we have come up with but really don't want to settle on are: Eli, Neal, Keane, and Leon.
Any advice or suggestions would be great.
#2 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Keenan looks good with Raiden.
#3 of 9 Old 11-06-2010, 03:27 PM

I love Eli!

Baby Boy due in Early March!
#4 of 9 Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 PM

My vote is Eli as well

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#5 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

We seem to be leaning toward Eli also, but there is just one small problem with that name, other than I'm not absolutely in /love/ with it, is it sounds very religious. DFs mom is very religious thus the middle name, but me and DF are pagan, so I'm a little concerned on how many comments we will get on it being 'religious'. My sister has already mentioned it to me, she is atheist and believes me to be so (long story, I just keep our relationship non-confrontational as possible, and she doesn't live close to us). So when she mentioned that, it was in a tone of 'are you sure you want a religious sounding name?' and it put some second guessing in my head.
I ramble by the way, thats why I don't post much, lol. Thanks for the input lady's.
#6 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 PM

What about "Kai"? Pronounced like Sky without the S. Not an option for us, b/c last name starts with hard "k" sound, and I'm not into alliteration, but it's really unique and fun.
#7 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 PM

I disagree that Eli sounds religious. Yes, it's in the Bible, but so are a gazillion other names that are generally thought of as simply "classic" (which is how I think of Eli). It makes me think of a rugged New England farmer or fisherman. Great name!

Now, if you were thinking about calling him Jesus...
#8 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterPearl View Post
We seem to be leaning toward Eli also, but there is just one small problem with that name, other than I'm not absolutely in /love/ with it, is it sounds very religious. DFs mom is very religious thus the middle name, but me and DF are pagan, so I'm a little concerned on how many comments we will get on it being 'religious'. My sister has already mentioned it to me, she is atheist and believes me to be so (long story, I just keep our relationship non-confrontational as possible, and she doesn't live close to us). So when she mentioned that, it was in a tone of 'are you sure you want a religious sounding name?' and it put some second guessing in my head.
I ramble by the way, thats why I don't post much, lol. Thanks for the input lady's.

Consider it an effort to be ironic. lol

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#9 of 9 Old 11-10-2010, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

You know thats exactly what I was thinking before my sister ever said anything to make me detour from that name.

Kia wont work for the same reasons as for you, lol.

Well it's just with the middle name it sounds really religious, Eli Jeremiah K

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page