How prepared are you? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cleaned my room and now have a corner for baby and his/her stuff. I did put up the playpen with the bassinet part just in care the baby likes to sleep alone for a little bit but I do know that the baby will co-sleep often with us. The changing table is already up and ready as I was using it for my daycare kids.

I have the carseat and just waiting to put it in. I took the dipes out and have the 0-3mths clothes out but need to wash these. They have some stains, so I need to soak them too. I need to check my receiving blankets and see if I have enough.

I need to wash the blankets and sheets too.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#32 of 40 Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 PM

well sinnce last time I posted i have pulled ou the baby clothes and washed them and we got an infant seat. just picked up the seat today.

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#33 of 40 Old 01-07-2011, 05:31 AM

I'm washing baby clothes today. love.gif

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#34 of 40 Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Still waiting for my parents to tell me when they are coming for a visit and driving to me the clothes and stuff that I left in their care rather than pay for it to go on the plane.  They said mid-Jan.  Which is in a week.  So, probably not going to happen until later.

They are bringing me dressers that were my sisters when she was a kid but spent the last few years in Grandma's spare bedroom.  Grandma died last month, so she doesn't need them anymore.  Gonna use the 2 matching dressers for the 2 kids upstairs in the second bedroom.  Gonna take what I have now, a dresser and changing table combo, and put it down here so I don't have to go up and down all the time.  I sometimes come down here and don't go back up all day.  

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#35 of 40 Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 PM

Bought a (used) mini cosleeper today. I think I'm pretty much set now. Oh- I'll probably get some newborn size prefolds, since we used a diaper service for DD's first few months, so we don't have any tiny diapers. smile.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#36 of 40 Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 PM

I've started to do some stuff now that the holidays are over-starting to feel nesty. We have bought some clothes and I have washed most of them and organized them. We will bring down dd's clothes soon and go through them. We still need an infant seat and a breast pump at some point. Not looking forward to buying those $400-500 worth of items.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#37 of 40 Old 01-07-2011, 11:36 PM

I was really tempted to buy a bunch of really cute baby clothes today. I'm trying to hold off until after my shower, and until I've gone through the hand-me-downs I have so I know what I actually need, rather than just buying a bunch of stuff because it's cute. I'm also trying to keep the baby stuff to a minimum because it's just easier for me if we have fewer clothes and I wash more often. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#38 of 40 Old 01-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Our prep right now is clearing out the second bedroom so we can put stuff in it.  The futon will be placed in the baby room, too, since we are getting a boxspring and mattress from a friend.  No furniture has been bought, and anything we don't get at our baby shower or in early February, will be purchased by us using BAS backpay (whatever is left after car repairs) and our tax refund, if family has not laid claim to getting certain items and getting them to us before Alistair is born.

I am of a firm belief that no one is ever fully prepared (ever!) to have a child - but I am of an equally strong belief that if you're about to have a kid, or thinking about it, do it, and everything else will fall into place.  I am thankful for the massive network I have between military and non-military friends, my husband's co-workers in his shop, and more!

Lady Zbyrd + DH = Alistair McKenzie
#39 of 40 Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM

I've been buying clothes at resale stores, thrifts and on Ebay for a few months now. I still need to go through stuff, wash and organize DD's old clothes and the new stuff though. My mom bought us a double jogging stroller (from Ebay) for Christmas. I just found this glider and ottoman (in green/white checks) for only $45!! I'm so excited because I really wanted a comfy rocking chair/glider this time around and it is in great shape. I've already used it to put DD to sleep. I ordered a crib, we didn't have one with DD but I want one this time around just in case I have a baby who is willing to go in it occasionally:). Our big thing was getting together DD's room and starting the transition from cosleeping. We bought a full bed and one of us has just been sleeping in there with her. Her bed is so comfortable I may ride out the rest of the pregnancy in it. It's been going really well and she's slept in it every night since we bought it. We moved in mid-Nov. and still haven't unpacked and organized everything. We were busy with a trip, then the holidays, and now DH is really busy at work so I'm looking forward to some nesting/organizing time.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#40 of 40 Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM

I will feel much more prepared this weekend.

The reason for that is, my parents are visiting.  They are bringing with them all the clothes my SIL is giving me (I already looked through it, but couldn't bring it on the plane).  SIL also gave me back some items that I had put on my list of things to get.  I stuck those in with the clothes.

They are also bringing me some dressers from the apartment of my grandma who died last month.  There is a wooden set that was my sister's (until a neighbor was getting rid of some black and glass modern furniture and she switched to that).  It has one wide and low dresser, and one taller and thinner one.  The low one will fit under the window.  Then I can move the dresser DS used, that has a changing table on top, to the downstairs where I will be most of the time.  

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page