Weird but likable name? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 12-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaiMelting View Post

Yea... I think I've given up on the idea. I love love love the name but EVERYONE I talk to about it doesn't see the creative, quirky aspects that I do. Plus Mars Melton doesn't have that great of a ring to it. All well.... back to the ole' drawing board! 

Sorry :/  I think you've gotten some creative ideas in this thread.  I hadn't really thought about Mars Melton, and honestly it sounds kind of like a candy bar.  Mars Meltons melt in your mouth, not in your hand?

How about Augustus?  I love that name.  I think it's quirky, but also serious enough that an adult can use it.

Trying to live a simple life in a messy house in a complicated world with : DH, DD (b. 07/07), DS (b. 02/09), and DD (b. 10/10)
#32 of 33 Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 PM

I like the previous posters suggestion....Augustus...(I like the nickname Auggie).

Some of my favorites, more earthy...Skye (Dutch spelling) and Forest (or Forrest).

A name that caught my attention recently......Evolution.

Christine (wife, mom, doula for 8 years, and midwifery student)
DD12, DS10, DS7, DS4.5, DS2.5, & #6, a boy, due mid-Sept. plan 5th home waterbirth

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** stork-boy.gif 40**
#33 of 33 Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaiMelting View Post

Yea... I think I've given up on the idea. I love love love the name but EVERYONE I talk to about it doesn't see the creative, quirky aspects that I do.

Welcome to MDC, SaRaiMelting!

I think what I quoted above says so much! If you like it, it honestly doesn't matter if anyone else doesn't. I think it sounds great and goes with your daughter's name well (plus, the first 4 letters of my name are Mars orngbiggrin.gif) but even if I didn't, I'd want to tell you to name your baby what you love. Mother's intuition is so huge, that little guy is dwelling in you and you alone.

SaRaiMelting likes this.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page