Spotlight of the Week (BELATED!):: Delaneymom!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all,

This very pregnant mama-to-be is overwhelmed at work, and I missed this week's spotlight. Delaneymom, forgive me!  Your intro info is below, and I hope there are plenty of questions coming up!

* EDD: early March-second week probably
* Name: Lowell
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We weren't trying-it was a meant to be surprise.
* What number child is this for you: This will be our third
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH Paul, Delaney 5, and Harper 2
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Nothing yet.
* Birth plans/preferences: Planning a second HBAC, hoping for a water birth this time

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#2 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Are your kids excited about the new baby?

How has this pregnancy compared to your first 2?

If you could do ANYTHING today, what would it be?

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#3 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM

Do you have any names you're willing to share?  Or, failing that, names you thought about but rejected?

What kind of pool, tub, or container are you going to try for your water birth?

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#4 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 06:02 PM

Beastie-from one very pregnant mama to another, don't apologize.  We're all in the same boat, and thank you SO much for being willing to do this for the March mamas!

#5 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Oh my gosh, they're so excited!  We talk about the baby a lot, and have been watching some birth videos on youtube.  My favorite questions are "So mama when is the baby gonna come"-like I know, but just won't tell them from my 6 year old.  And "So the baby is going to be naked when she comes out?  Do we have some jammies for her?" from my almost 3 year old.

This pregnancy has been harder than the first two.  I had throwing up morning sickness, and I only had mild nauseau with the first two.  Physically, I think it's just been a bit harder too.  I'm a little older I guess, plus having 2 already.  I know this is my last though, so I've also been trying really hard to savor it, and not wish it away too quickly.

If I could have done anything today it probably would have been to sleep half the day away, and then just lay around for the other half.  We put off doing so many things that I now feel kind of rushed to do, so the last few weeks have been a little crazy/busy.  Something about having a baby that makes me want to finish things that I've been procrastinating doing for weeks or months....

#6 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Right now our favorites are Lilah (my choice) or Layla (DH's fave).  He also really likes Elm.  We also like Norah.  We both like Willow or Willa too, but our last name is West and I think it's too many w's.

Funny-we just talked about the birth pool with our midwife tonight!  We're going to have the Aqua Doula.  We had it for the home birth of our second, but it just wasn't working for me in early labor-I got in for about 5 minutes, and then I found a spot beside the bed that did work and didn't want to move.  I think I could be one of those mama's that goes in the closet to have their baby.  This time I'm hoping to birth in it, even if I have to move after transition.  We'll see though.  I did get in after Harper was born, and that was nice.

#7 of 8 Old 02-02-2011, 08:37 PM

I love your name choices, even the W's. With a name like Willow West or Willa West, she's bound for fame. Maybe a musician?! 

Have you made/bought anything special for this baby yet?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#8 of 8 Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Thanks!  Maybe we'll rethink the W names...

Sadly no.  I had grand plans to learn to knit, and knit the baby a hat, but I don't see that happening at this point.  I would like to make a mobile for over the changing pad.  Something along these lines, which I think wouldn't be too hard/time consuming:

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/07/diy-idea-bird-mobile.html 

Since this is our third girl we didn't need much in the way of "stuff". 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page