Anybody else got a baby knocking at the door? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-13-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I seriously feel like the baby is pushing on my cervix! Like he's wiggling and it pushes so hard. Its been going on for a week now.
I kind of don't want to tell my mw either. :/ We don't have a real edd. I didn't have a lmc at all and we are only going by an early soon. Which I don't know is totally accurate. I've also felt further along this whole pregnancy. Not to say that if I don't have this baby until 41 weeks or later that I'd be surprised either! Lol. With no true date it's just hard to say. So I'm afraid if I tell my mw shell want to check me and find a soft cervix or something and then put me on bed rest for 2 weeks or something awful. Or worse, medication! I really want to follow my instincts here and I think the baby will come when he is ready, no sooner and no later.

I'm supposedly 36 weeks this week btw.

Anybody else feeling the baby pressure down below? How many weeks are you? Do you think it'll mean a faster labor?? That'd be cool!

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#2 of 15 Old 02-13-2011, 05:35 PM

A labor that isn't terribly drawn out would be cool, but I wouldn't want a super intense short labor either, it seems like those are hard too!

I don't think you'd get too much harassment at 36 weeks. Most HB midwives are okay to take you at that point, and they wouldn't stop you in a hospital. "Full term" seems to be a description that HCPs are playing a bit loose with these days. And really, if you feel further along than that, you most likely are. It's not like you don't know how you feel by the end of pregnancy by #3!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#3 of 15 Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I forget a lot about stuff from last pregnancies! But I'm not doing a hb it's a bc and a bit medically minded. A lot less then a hospital but still more then I want right now. Makes me kind of shy away from telling them much. I have till Wednesday to decide that's when my next appt is.

Mama Lea, grateful wife to and mom to Big Boy 10/04/06 and my little Sunshine boy 10/06/08 and surprise joining the bed sometime in March 2011
#4 of 15 Old 02-13-2011, 06:46 PM

Yeah, for weeks I've been getting cervical pressure.  If I "overdo" it (a ridiculously, painfully low target), especially.  It's extremely uncomfortable and pretty disconcerting.  I do know though that my baby is really exceptionally low in my pelvis.  At my 36 week home visit, I asked if they were going to do an internal exam because of all this, and the midwife said no, because it wouldn't mean anything anyway.  As she said, she could look, and tell me that I was 4 cm dilated, and it still wouldn't mean squat in terms of when the baby would come.  So, since the information is so potentially  misleading, she just doesn't look.  She even said that she was 4 cm dilated well ahead of time with her last pregnancy and didn't have the kid for 6 weeks after that!  Heh--I love my midwife.

I'm in much the same position as you are, in some ways--I also have no idea when I got pregnant and have only an early ultrasound.  I didn't have any ultrasounds with the first kid, and am inclined to treat them with skepticism, but from what I read, at 13 weeks and earlier they are reasonably accurate--to within a week on the later end, better earlier.  Supposedly right now I'm 3 days away from 37 weeks, which is a good place to be, and I've measured on target all along...but even so, I have a strong feeling that I hope is not just wishful thinking that I don't have 3 1/2 weeks to wait.

Good luck to you!  I'm sure it'll be no worse than annoying (though it sure is that!) and you'll be fine at the birth center!

#5 of 15 Old 02-13-2011, 10:13 PM

I'm feeling like the baby dropped a bunch last week, so if I overdo it at all, walk more than a few blocks at a time (especially in the evening) or get up from sitting in a funny way I get pubic pressure and lots of heaviness. I'll be 36 weeks on Tuesday and my midwives will let us be home for the birth after 37 weeks. My DD was born at 39.

Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011
#6 of 15 Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 PM

yup....lol.... when i get my prelabour pains alot of discomfort and pressure is on my cervixx.

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#7 of 15 Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Yep, I get lots of cervical pressure, especially with B-H.  But I've got twins, and only so much space.  We did do an exam because of the spotting I had weekend before last, and I'm dilated about 3cm.  But, again, it doesn't really mean much except I got put on pelvic rest, which stinks with V-day today and my MIL kept all of the kids Sat. night.  But I'm 36 weeks today, and am just trying to keep myself positive about being able to do this for 3 more weeks!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#8 of 15 Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 AM

Me too.  I was 2cm dialated and 75% effaced on Friday (I'm 37 weeks this week).  With my daughter I was close to 4cm and 90% effaced in the 3 weeks leading up to her birth.  With her my water broke two days before she was born and I was on pitocin for close to 22 hours so this time I'm not thinking I'm part way there like I did then!

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#9 of 15 Old 02-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Funny you should mention this.  Just last night I was in bed trying to explain to Jason why I was so uncomfortable.  I was telling his it wasn't contractions, it wasn't BH, it wasn't even pain.  It was just PRESSURE.  I don't remember ever feeling this in my last 2 pregnancies.  It was hard cervical pressure (to the point where, for a minute, I wasn't sure I should stand up and go to the bathroom).

And yeah, I was one of those women who got all excited to hear that she was dilated and then walked around at 3cm for 6 weeks (1st pregnancy) and 4-5cm for a month (2nd pregnancy...although I knew better by that time). 

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#10 of 15 Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 AM

I am getting some real low twing-y pain down there, only when I am up moving around and it is enough to sometimes stop me and practially enough to make me yelp...I have no LMP either so all based on US dating...was looking back at my notes from my other pregnancies and rather than the 37 weeks I am today I think I might be 38...either way it's getting close!  

#11 of 15 Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 AM

I'm getting those twinges too and pressure down low.  I'm wondering if it means anything.  I have an OB appointment today and I'm considering getting checked just to find out if all these symptoms have had any effect.  But maybe I'll just try to be patient, and wait until I'm actually in labor.

#12 of 15 Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 AM

My baby has actually been pushing down there for the past few days. It's very uncomfortable especially in my chair at work.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#13 of 15 Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 AM

I was getting some crazy cervical pressure last night as I was reading in bed.  For like 15 minutes straight.  DH had to listen to all my "EEEEE, UHHHHHHH, GAAHHHHHH" noises.

Gotta love it when the baby is stretching out as much as it possibly can and I get the cervix pressure and the pushing on the ribs at the same time.

#14 of 15 Old 02-16-2011, 12:43 PM

Mine seems to like to press on my cervix when I am driving to work.  My drive is about an hour and, thankfully, not very busy.  There have been times he would hit it so hard I swerve a little bit.  I'm waiting for the the day I do it after work and get pulled over for swerving.

"Ma'am, have you been drinking tonight?"

"No sir.  My baby is playing the drums on my cervix and hit hurts/startles me.  Sorry about the swerving."

LOL

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#15 of 15 Old 02-16-2011, 02:03 PM

I told DP the other day that it felt like I could shake her hand if I reached up there.  LOL  I am almost 36 weeks and have been feeling intense cervical pressure/twinges for a few weeks now.  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page