Mothering Forum banner

March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! *******

13K views 388 replies 36 participants last post by  kaPOW! 
#1 ·
It's our birth month!!!!
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif

Who's going to be next????

See less See more
#252 ·
Audmommy: I hope Asher gets better quickly! That must be very stressful.

Banana: I love labor dreams! I had some with DD, but I'm tootired to remember any this time around.

Neuro: that's great news about the GBS. I'm so excited to be - this time. I've still been taking garlic every 3 days though. Doesn't decluttering feel good?

Marissa: Have ou tried any of the spinning babies techniques? Could those possibly help?

There have been so many babies thie last few days!! It'll be our turn soon. I go to the Chiro tomorrow, although I think he is already working himself into a better position. I have some pretty intense BH the last couple of days. I even wondered if they could lead to something but I'm not feeling it yet. I think I'll go closer to my due date. I bought new running shoes this weekend and they are so comfortable. I wish I had had them early in the pregnancy. DD skipped her nap and should be going to bed soon. I think I'll go soon after. I want to vacuum again first. I definitely need the house really clean these last few days. DD has come back to me the last few days and is being so affectionate towards me. I love it
joy.gif
. She has been really attached to DH for many months now and had limited love for me. It's a nice and very sweet change. She's gotten so big lately. I think she talked non-stop for 3 hours tonight. It was pretty funny and wore DH out. Now I feel weepy...

#253 ·
Audmommy, that is so scary and I'm so sorry! DD is 4 days old, and I definitely have caught the kids' crud. I have a congested cough, and I cannot even tell you what that feels like with my c-section incision. It's horrible. I just pray DD doesn't get it, at least for a week or so. Poor thing.

You're doing exactly what we did with ours when they were sick, although we also put our kids in a Papasan in the pack n play to be at a better incline. The snot does increase spit up. It induces a lot of crying, but we always sucked out noses before nursing.

I looked at that snot sucker thing nasofrito? I didn't buy it but maybe I will.

Marissamom, I hope you can get him into a better position. It's so frustrating not being able to make them move.

Neuromancer, you're a star for working at all. I'm sure you're making everyone nervous. When I was pg with my first, the other young attorney at my office brought towels in his car in case my water broke and he had to drive me to the hospital so I would ruin his leather seats. ;)

#254 ·
Lyss- I am so sorry. I know that must be really awful! Have you ever heard of tessalon perles? they are cough med that is a local anesthetic, so it doesn't make you all loopy. I don't know if it is compatible with bf, but i would think that it is more compatible than a traditional suppressant. They really work too. they are a scrip. I will see if I can find someone with a copy of Hale's and let you know what he says about it.

#258 ·
Today's my due date too, and I'm surprised to still be pregnant! But, now that I am, I feel like I've been able to shift my expectations and emotions and let this baby come when he/she is ready. My midwife called and changed my appt from Thursday to today, so maybe that'll move things along. I'm loving reading all the birth stories and baby names!

#259 ·
I am now officially past my first due-date (I also have the 22nd because of ultrasound). I'm really surprised to still be pregnant, and hope that I don't end up going too much farther.

This afternoon I have a Midwife appointment, then tonight I get to find out if my sister is having a boy or a girl.

#260 ·
I haven't been on much lately, and now that I am I'm going to whine: My due date was last Tuesday.....waaaaaaaah!! I'm so excited/impatient to meet this new little baby, and I know babies come when they're ready, but being post-date makes me anxious that I'm on track for a similar birth as my daughter's (water broke 9days past due, no contractions without pitocin, 42 hours to deliver). I'm trying to not be neurotic or obsess about it, but its hard. To add to that anxiety, an acquaintance of mine emailed inquiring about the baby status and when I responded not yet, she suggested that I was sending the baby negative vibes and thus delaying my own labor. Nice.

I am so happy for all the other mamas who have met their little ones. Looking at the pics made me teary...they're so beautiful (especially the sibling pics)! Deep breaths....I know baby won't be attending college in utero!

#261 ·
Camille--you can do it! Your baby knows how and when to be born! And ignore goofy stuff from goofy people. Sheesh.

I was so tired today and had so much pressure low in my pelvis--unlike anything I've experienced this pregnancy. And I was having a lot of cervical pain. I thought I might go into labor sometime today, but it didn't happen. And the baby was moving a lot, so it's not like he had gotten into a comfortable coming-out position. Maybe this fancy full moon will get us all going by the end of the week!

(I'm 39 weeks today, but would be totally happy to go into labor anytime...sorry for your overdue mamas. I can imagine it takes a lot of patience. I totally thought I was going to be way overdue with my first son because my mom had been, but he was early. Now I'm expecting this one to be early too, but also in the back of my head think he might be "late" because I think he might be early. Craziness!)

#263 ·
My mom finally got here! Baby is super low and knocking around down there, I feel like a hand is going to reach out any second, lol!

I had another birth dream, this time it was a girl. What's that supposed to mean!?

#264 ·
This week is dragging! I had a chiro appt. on Monday, met with a family Dr. today, have a MW appt. tomorrow, then another chiro appt. on Thursday. The appointments are so exhausting we have to come right home and take a nap. The baby has been pretty low key today which is really unnerving but I'm thinking he is just in a better position and is running out of room. HB is good and he is moving, just not as much. Maybe he's just having a quiet day. We'll see what the MW says tomorrow. My parents are coming on Saturday and I'm so excited to have them. I think I'm starting to have some contractions, maybe just more painful BH but definitely something. After driving down the slightly bumpy road I've had a few very intense contractions that freaked DH out a little.

Banana: Haha about the dreams. My sister has pretty accurate dreams but not until the very end. So maybe girl?

#266 ·
Hey ladies, I am overdue as well! march 14th was my EDD according to my LMP. But now that I have hit 40 weeks I am happy. It felt like a countdown and now that I have reached the end I am ready to just float until this baby decides to come :) I like being overdue lol. I have this desire to get out of the house everyday until the baby comes. Like yesterday we went to the mall/park, today we went to the park and dinner, and tomorrow I am getting a massage. I am going to enjoy the end!

Sending lots of love and labor dust to the rest of the pregnant march mommas :p

#267 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliy View Post

Banana... according to the wives tales the dreams you have you will have the opposite... turned out to be right for me. I only dreams about girls and I ended up with a boy
I had a dream a couple days before this one where it was boy, though! Do you go by the most recent or the first?

#268 ·
In my first two pregnancies when we didn't find out gender, I had opposite-gender dreams at the beginning and correct-gender dreams toward the end. In fact, I think it was the incredibly vivid dreams I had about my first toward the end that *convinced* me she was a girl (and she was).

I'm so excited to find out!

I'm still recovering from that c-section. Yikes! My cough has really put a damper on my recovery, and standing around at the dr. office was a real drag this morning. The pediatrician at the hospital (our regular pediatrician doesn't have privileges there) made an appointment for Molly for this morning with our doctor, which was really a pain and hard-to-get-to. I told her our pediatrician wanted us to come in at 2 weeks, since this was our third, but she made the appointment anyway. I thought maybe something was wrong with Molly, and that's why she was so pushy (she kept insisting Molly was breech and had some kind of hip dislocation problem even though she was transverse most of the pregnancy and her hips seem fine) so we kept the appointment, but Molly is fine and now all 5 of us have been exposed to the disgusting waiting room at the dr's office. Yuck.

Molly is up from 7 lb. 6 oz. hospital low to 7 lb. 12 oz. after a poop and a pee and before a feeding. I can't wait for you all to be holding your dumplings. It's so wonderful.

#269 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post

I haven't been on much lately, and now that I am I'm going to whine: My due date was last Tuesday.....waaaaaaaah!! I'm so excited/impatient to meet this new little baby, and I know babies come when they're ready, but being post-date makes me anxious that I'm on track for a similar birth as my daughter's (water broke 9days past due, no contractions without pitocin, 42 hours to deliver). I'm trying to not be neurotic or obsess about it, but its hard. To add to that anxiety, an acquaintance of mine emailed inquiring about the baby status and when I responded not yet, she suggested that I was sending the baby negative vibes and thus delaying my own labor. Nice.

I am so happy for all the other mamas who have met their little ones. Looking at the pics made me teary...they're so beautiful (especially the sibling pics)! Deep breaths....I know baby won't be attending college in utero!
That is so irritating. I would send her some negative vibes!

#270 ·
Midwife said today that babe is indeed farther down in my pelvis and his head isn't able to be jiggled anymore. (Funny!) I'm also measuring a little smaller. So maybe we'll have a baby soon!!

BTW, I wish I was having labor dreams. Instead I keep having these stressful dreams that are bordering on nightmares. Yuck!!

#271 ·
I decided to go to urgent care and get a prescription for antibiotics today. I seem to have developed a sinus infection and am starting to get bronchitis (I've never had one without the other). hopefully it will clear up soon so I have a little energy. I've completely let the house go over the last few days.

#274 ·
Yes, feel better! I'm trying to dodge the cold- and flu-ridden people at work!!

I had an appointment with our doula yesterday, since our midwife wasn't available. I don't LOVE her, but I quite like her. She did say my blood pressure is good and that my fundal measurement is right on (if you believe in that sort of thing). She just told me to watch my sugars so the baby doesn't get too big over the next couple of weeks (my due date is in 11 days). That's hard for me to do! I have a major sweet tooth.

She did feel like the baby was still head down, but not very engaged, and perhaps posterior and/or with a hand near his face. I should probably watch my sitting positioning a little more, to try to get him more optimally placed.

I feel STUFFED! Like there's no more room for baby or food or anything in my v. large stomach. Otherwise, I'm doing okay. No cramping/contractions, no more bleeding, only a little lower back pain. My symphysis pubis pain is almost nonexistant this week, which is awesome. But I'm definitely waddling more and finding it harder to get comfortable.

I'm starting to get anxious about my in-laws coming. They're lovely people, but what am I going to do with them? We have an apartment that's approximately 650 square feet and seats three people comfortably, four in a pinch. What if all four the grandparents are here at once?! Am I being uncharitable to think there really won't be much they can do to be "helpful?" It will be nice to see them, but I want to be wrapped up in my baby and my husband, not entertaining. I don't want to come off as unfriendly or a jerk. Just trying to let this go...

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I think I'm going to try to work all next week, too, but I've got to get a few more things on the to-do list done! We decided to spare the expense of hiring a one-time cleaning person, so a major grocery store trip and a major cleaning of the apartment are both in the cards for my husband and me before Monday -- as well as a trial run set-up of the birth pool in our kitchen!!

#275 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

Camille--you can do it! Your baby knows how and when to be born! And ignore goofy stuff from goofy people. Sheesh.

Thanks Jayray...I needed to hear this. Still no baby, but I am much more Zen about it....babies are born on their birthdays (repeat as necessary). I had acupuncture yesterday afternoon and then ~3 hours of contractions that weren't especially painful but regular and long and seemingly increasing in intensity...woohoo! Unfortunately they stopped when I went to bed. Are there ways to encourage pre-labor contractions into active labor contractions (I asked this on the main pregnancy board too)? I have another acupuncture appnt tomorrow and then one on Monday. Hopefully I won't need either of them? Hopefully?? On Monday I'll be 13 days post-date....sigh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

BTW, I wish I was having labor dreams. Instead I keep having these stressful dreams that are bordering on nightmares. Yuck!!

Me too! Kirk Cameron was in my dream the night before last, and if that alone wasn't bad enough, he was a serial killer. It was terrifying and I was up for an hour afterwards.....I needed to listen to my Hypnobabies "Fear Clearing" track to get back to sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I decided to go to urgent care and get a prescription for antibiotics today. I seem to have developed a sinus infection and am starting to get bronchitis (I've never had one without the other). hopefully it will clear up soon so I have a little energy. I've completely let the house go over the last few days.
Ugh. I read somewhere that developing a cold or flu-like symptoms can be a sign of impending labor as the hormone shift causes pregnancy mucus to loosen up. Of course, it can also be a sign that you have a cold or the flu. Regardless, feel better.

You too, Lyss....I'm not sure where my quote went. Coughs suck enough on their own without concurrently recovering from surgery and taking care of a newborn!! Also, I love the name Molly. It was on our list but my husband's last name begins with "L" and it didn't go well (as do any names with L in them...so sad because there are quite a few that I really liked).

I still can't believe how beautiful all these babies are...I can't wait to meet mine!

#276 ·
Lyss- how lame that they didn't take you straight back to a room to avoid everyone's germs.. you have a newborn!!!!

Marissamom- sorry you ended up with the crud! I hope you feel better soon.

Neuro - I had the same thoughts also. I asked everyone to stay away the first week after the birth of DS#1 but they all came anyway. This time I really put my foot down. I told them all no visitors for a month. I think they were put off, but I blamed it on my c-section. Last time I ended up cooking a big meal for my guests the night I came home from the hospital, granted it was a vaginal delivery, so it wasn't horrid. But I was so wanting to just curl up in bed and nurse and sleep. Hopefully your family will be a huge help! Mine mostly sat on the couch and asked what was for dinner/lunch/breakfast.

Things have calmed down at my house. It was really rough for a bit. I still feel cruddy - with this runny nose, cough stuff, but apparently my immune system is working enough that Asher is doing much better! He is eating again (he never stopped eating but was down to just nursing for 5 min at a time) and seems to be coughing much less. So I think the worst is behind us! I am being crazy clean and making sure the entire house is sanitized.. The other kids seem to be over the crud also.. I just don't want us to pass it back and forth among our family! yuck. Well I should go take a nap... Hugs all!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.