March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! ******* - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

The last few days I've been less comfortable in my own skin. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. I'm getting up to pee at night so much more - and feeling thirsty so much more often. I think my BH have increased, too, but it's a little hard for me to tell.

I feel okay physically, except my stomach is so hard and tight that I can't feel the baby move as much as I'm used too, and that starts to scare me. I really want to be able to trust my body, but I want more physical assurances that the child I'm carrying is well and kicking in there.

Does anyone else experience this almost constantly hard, tight stomach?

same here. peeing waaaaaaaaaaay too much now and soooooo thirtsy. such a mean combo. 

the hard tummy is the braxton hicks contractions and mine have really stepped up a notch as well. i have them all the time now, and they're no longer novel and fun. just hard and annoying. but, it's totally normal and *is* your body doing what it's supposed to. but yeah, it does kind of cut us off from the baby. mine hasn't changed position in about 3 months, so i'm used to little movement (and little movements).

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#302 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Well, I totally skipped the whole "watch your sugars" advice and drank some OJ (on the advice of my doula) and ate two doughnuts (not her advice) for my breakfast this morning.  I managed to count 10 good movements and feel a lot better about that.   I'm going to eat some not-so-good-for-me noodles as comfort food while my husband mops the floors.  :)

kaPOW!, I don't think my baby has changed position much either, so that's a good thing for me to keep in mind.  He's always been a bit on the mellow side compared to my two simultaneously pregnant friends' babies.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#303 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 11:11 AM

I'm giving myself until Saturday, and then I'm doing castor oil. even though I vowed never to even consider it. it feels good to have given myself a date, even though it's only 2 days before I reach 42 weeks according to my first due-date. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#304 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

sinus infection is getting better. 

tomorrow I will be 2 weeks farther along than I was when DD was born. my knees and ankles are killing me, as is my pubic bone (his head is wedged behind it). 

I get the pubic bone pain on & off as well.  Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganEmma View Post

that can be scary- the threat of induction. When was your EDD? I will wake up and feel like I was in labor and then nothing, like I was dreaming about it or something lol. You sound close though.

EDD was the 15th, so I have plenty of time until I hit the 42 week mark, but the practice I go to started talking about the possibility of induction at my last appt. which was a real emotional strain for me.  I felt so scared at the thought that I may have to have medical interventions.  They want to do it the 25th, but if baby is fine on the tests this Wed, I plan on waiting till the 29th.  I'll also have my cervix checked on Wed., which is something I haven't had done yet.  I'm feeling better about going over.  This will be my 2nd & with DD1, I delivered on 39+3, so it was hard not to compare.

I figured I'd give pumping a try, so I did that today & will do it again tomorrow & Tue. 

#305 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mom's Love View Post

EDD was the 15th, so I have plenty of time until I hit the 42 week mark, but the practice I go to started talking about the possibility of induction at my last appt. which was a real emotional strain for me.  I felt so scared at the thought that I may have to have medical interventions.  They want to do it the 25th, but if baby is fine on the tests this Wed, I plan on waiting till the 29th.  I'll also have my cervix checked on Wed., which is something I haven't had done yet.  I'm feeling better about going over.  This will be my 2nd & with DD1, I delivered on 39+3, so it was hard not to compare.

I figured I'd give pumping a try, so I did that today & will do it again tomorrow & Tue. 

I understand about the comparing. DD was 38+5, so being 41 tomorrow is weird to me. everyone was expecting me to have him by now. my last pre-natal my midwife talked about natural induction methods, but they won't transfer me to an OB until I'm 42, and because my 20 week ultrasound gave me a due-date of the 22nd, they'll actually wait until I'm 42 weeks by that date. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#306 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 06:09 PM

So I've been stalking for a long time and love coming here when I need a little emotional support.  I also love reading the birth stories and getting inspired!!  Thanks for letting me crash in on the coversation and vent a little~

I'm 40 weeks today and was soooooo sure I was going to go into labor on the "supermoon".  I even started feeling really crampy with lots of back pains last night that even a bath and half glass of wine didn't help.  I was wide awake, but tried to make myself go to sleep knowing I would need as much rest as possible....as soon as I laid down I started getting some odd contractions, so thought for sure this may be it??  This is my 3rd baby and both labors were solely back labor, so having contractions in the front felt very different, but I guess I've been trying to prepare myself for anything.  I think I laid in bed until 430am with contractions that would make me use the bathroom either literally, or just had a strong feeling of needing too.  I can definitly tell she is very far down there, so that's probably causing the need to sit on the toilet.  Finally, close to 5am I was able to get a little sleep until about 8am, during this time I'm pretty sure contractions stopped.  As soon as I got up though I started contracting again, but they were coming so irregular and hard to even find a start and stop.  My midwife is actually my sister, so she volunteered to come over and check to see if there was anything going on.  Then almost as soon as I got off the phone with her everything stopped.  I was super discouraged and feeling very weepy and emotional.  She arrived to check me and I'm still pretty much in the same spot I was at 38 weeks 2cm +1 station and soft cervix, so it looks like no go for meeting our little girl today.  Trying to stay positive about it and know she and God have the perfect timing, but man it's hard to wait!!  And I'm not even late yet......hoping and praying to not be in this waiting mode for long.  My first was 6 days late and my second was on his due date, so I never thought I'd go early, but was really hoping for this weekend~

Hope you are all doing well and hanging in there.  Thanks for the positive affirmations and feeling of community knowing that I'm not alone in my feelings!!

#307 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Yes, I do very often now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaparrent View Post

I'm 40 weeks today and was soooooo sure I was going to go into labor on the "supermoon".  I even started feeling really crampy with lots of back pains last night that even a bath and half glass of wine didn't help.  I was wide awake, but tried to make myself go to sleep knowing I would need as much rest as possible....as soon as I laid down I started getting some odd contractions, so thought for sure this may be it??  This is my 3rd baby and both labors were solely back labor, so having contractions in the front felt very different, but I guess I've been trying to prepare myself for anything.  I think I laid in bed until 430am with contractions that would make me use the bathroom either literally, or just had a strong feeling of needing too.  I can definitly tell she is very far down there, so that's probably causing the need to sit on the toilet.  Finally, close to 5am I was able to get a little sleep until about 8am, during this time I'm pretty sure contractions stopped.  As soon as I got up though I started contracting again, but they were coming so irregular and hard to even find a start and stop.  My midwife is actually my sister, so she volunteered to come over and check to see if there was anything going on.  Then almost as soon as I got off the phone with her everything stopped.  I was super discouraged and feeling very weepy and emotional.  She arrived to check me and I'm still pretty much in the same spot I was at 38 weeks 2cm +1 station and soft cervix, so it looks like no go for meeting our little girl today.  Trying to stay positive about it and know she and God have the perfect timing, but man it's hard to wait!!  And I'm not even late yet......hoping and praying to not be in this waiting mode for long.  My first was 6 days late and my second was on his due date, so I never thought I'd go early, but was really hoping for this weekend~

Today is my EDD too!  Try not to get too down, I bet that's some good work your body is doing.

AFM- Just now sitting here, I'm starting to get some mild ctx. I've been getting them here and there for a couple weeks now, but you never know right? Maybe tonight's the night shy.gif

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#308 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 06:28 PM

with my first, my stomach was tight A LOT, I think it was due to me working and walking for hours a day. My son was very active at night. This time my stomach is not very tight usually, but my baby is very mellow and doesn't kick the way my son did. Also my placenta is in the front too absorbing a lot of the kicks. 39 weeks is nothing, I am 41 weeks tomorrow and I have heard of women going 43-44 weeks overdue. Every baby is different. And I pee constantly too. :)

Quote:

The last few days I've been less comfortable in my own skin. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. I'm getting up to pee at night so much more - and feeling thirsty so much more often. I think my BH have increased, too, but it's a little hard for me to tell.

I feel okay physically, except my stomach is so hard and tight that I can't feel the baby move as much as I'm used too, and that starts to scare me. I really want to be able to trust my body, but I want more physical assurances that the child I'm carrying is well and kicking in there.

#309 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I'm giving myself until Saturday, and then I'm doing castor oil. even though I vowed never to even consider it. it feels good to have given myself a date, even though it's only 2 days before I reach 42 weeks according to my first due-date. 

I took castor oil with my first child, I was so impatient. I gave birth on my due date. I took it one day and then my water broke- and I pooped. then took it 24 hours later, contractions started immediately after (maybe 10 minutes) and I delivered 8 hours later. 

#310 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mom's Love View Post

I get the pubic bone pain on & off as well.  Ouch!

Oh good luck, I hope you can go into labor naturally! good luck with the pumping <3

#311 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 06:34 PM

I thought the moon would get me going too! lol Well you sound close if you are getting contractions here and there. :) :)

Quote:

So I've been stalking for a long time and love coming here when I need a little emotional support.  I also love reading the birth stories and getting inspired!!  Thanks for letting me crash in on the coversation and vent a little~

Hope you are all doing well and hanging in there.  Thanks for the positive affirmations and feeling of community knowing that I'm not alone in my feelings!!

#312 of 389 Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:

; Thanks for the positive affirmations and feeling of community knowing that I'm not alone in my feelings!!

You're definitely not alone! I'm 39+4 today with baby #6 and starting to feel very anxious...but with no feeling that labor is coming any time soon! Lol. I guess since my last few have come several days early, I just expected this baby to do the same.

At least there are a few of us left...on another board I'm on, I'm the last holdout. Ugh. eyesroll.gif

Christian, homeschooling, military wife.  luxlove.gif

Mommy to 5 wonderful girls and a super baby boy.  

Expecting another sweet energy.gif late August. 

#313 of 389 Old 03-21-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganEmma View Post

Oh good luck, I hope you can go into labor naturally! good luck with the pumping <3

Thanks!

#314 of 389 Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 AM

Feeling impatient here, too.  But I'm only 39+6 today.  It's just that DS1 came early at 39+3, so I was expecting another early babe.  With him I was expecting to go late, so wasn't even anticipating delivering that early!!  But now my expectations have got me down.  And Sunday morning I realized I had been complaining a lot and decided I needed to try to have a more thankful attitude.  Then I go to church and everyone says "So I bet you're MISERABLE!"  "You look like you're ready to pop!" and then I'm just like, bleck.  If I'm still pregnant next Sunday, I'm not going to church!!

I really thought that moon would do something for all of us left, but it seems not to have!  So funny.  I asked my midwife if she noticed a difference during full moons and she said she didn't.  But she said she did notice a difference (more babies born) during big weather changes--big changes in barometric pressure.  I did have a dream this morning about a tornado...

Anyway, I'm still here and trying not to be grumpy or anxious.

#315 of 389 Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 AM

Ugh.  I'm suddenly having homebirth midwife woes (as I know others due in March and April are).  I really like my midwife, and I knew when I hired her that she was going on vacation right before my due date.  So I've been mentally prepared to have my baby with her backup (who also has a great reputation) if I go into labor before my due date or on my due date (my EDD is next Monday).  My midwife was supposed to get back a day or two after my due date.  I was cool with that and willing to hedge my bets that I'd go late by at least a few days past 40 weeks -- if not more (being a first-time mom whose mother also went late, etc.).

Today I emailed my midwife's office to see exactly when she would be back, so that I would know when I could contact her again, and the response was that she still hasn't left for her vacation!  She was supposed to leave last Tuesday or Wednesday!  I think (based on a conversation last Wednesday with my doula) that this is because there are one or two women who are past their due dates who are nervous about going into labor while she's out of town, so she's hanging around waiting for them to give birth.  Which is SO nice of her, and I feel for the women who are overdue.  I really do!  But I'm worried this means she'll extend her vacation on the other end, by a week or more, to make up for her late start, leaving me with almost no possibility of giving birth with the midwife I hired back in July.  :(  Argh.

#316 of 389 Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:

Ugh.  I'm suddenly having homebirth midwife woes (as I know others due in March and April are).  I really like my midwife, and I knew when I hired her that she was going on vacation right before my due date.  So I've been mentally prepared to have my baby with her backup (who also has a great reputation) if I go into labor before my due date or on my due date (my EDD is next Monday).  My midwife was supposed to get back a day or two after my due date.  I was cool with that and willing to hedge my bets that I'd go late by at least a few days past 40 weeks -- if not more (being a first-time mom whose mother also went late, etc.).

Today I emailed my midwife's office to see exactly when she would be back, so that I would know when I could contact her again, and the response was that she still hasn't left for her vacation!  She was supposed to leave last Tuesday or Wednesday!  I think (based on a conversation last Wednesday with my doula) that this is because there are one or two women who are past their due dates who are nervous about going into labor while she's out of town, so she's hanging around waiting for them to give birth.  Which is SO nice of her, and I feel for the women who are overdue.  I really do!  But I'm worried this means she'll extend her vacation on the other end, by a week or more, to make up for her late start, leaving me with almost no possibility of giving birth with the midwife I hired back in July.  :(  Argh.

Well that is pretty annoying. Maybe she won't go until after your birth too.

Last night was not the night for me. It was probably a good thing, we had a wicked thunderstorm and I would have hated for my MW's apprentice to have to drive out here in it (she lives kind of far).

I'm losing a ton of plug today. I wonder if it's from last nights ctx though, because I haven't really had any today.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#317 of 389 Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Well that is pretty annoying. Maybe she won't go until after your birth too.

Last night was not the night for me. It was probably a good thing, we had a wicked thunderstorm and I would have hated for my MW's apprentice to have to drive out here in it (she lives kind of far).

I'm losing a ton of plug today. I wonder if it's from last nights ctx though, because I haven't really had any today.

That's what I'm hoping. Or at least that she'll come back when she said she would. I am trying not to get ahead of myself by assuming she'll renege on her return dates.  I really hope she'll stick to what she's told me from the beginning.

I hope things pick up for you if you're ready to go!!

UPDATE: I feel uncharitable for thinking my midwife might change her vacation dates and miss my birth. I just spoke to her and my fears were unfounded. I'm glad it's working out this way for me (though I feel sorry for her for having to cancel her vacation!). She's really just lovely.

#318 of 389 Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Thanks!

My EDD was yesterday. I'm as ready as I can be I suppose. I'm not one to get too stressed by dates, but I'm excited to meet my baby!

#319 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the encouragement...it's so hard not to get down and I'm not even that late!!

My sister is coming over in about an hour to strip my membranes (she's my midwife too).  I'm feeling really mixed about it and totally not sure what to do or expect.  Anyone have this done in the past??  I've never had to do anything to get labor going, but for whatever reason I'm feeling very discouraged and this waiting is literally bringing me more down as the days go on.  She's going to put me on the pump as well and i'm just praying that it works!!  I guess my biggest fear is that it puts me into a false labor for days and bring exhaustion with it.....ugh~  That WILL NOT happen to me!!  I'm speaking only positive affirmations over me!  haha

She seems to think it should be much more effective since I'm a few days overdue and have a very soft cervix with a baby that's +2 station.  Only dilated to a 2 as of Sunday morning, but hoping maybe I'm a 3 today :o)  Lord please let it be!!

Anyways....if anyone has any insight let me know.  There is also a side of me that says, just suck it up and stop being impatient, this little one will come when she's ready and stop trying to force something.  UGGGGGG, I hate waiting!!!

#320 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 PM

Alisaparrent good luck. Is this your first child, I was very anxious to give birth with my first!

I am 41+1 weeks today and feel good with no prelabor signs. I don't know my dilation. I'm just affirming to myself that baby will come when it is ready. My pregnancy is going very well so I'm glad to wait, although I do wonder constantly when the day will arrive!
#321 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 PM

I had typed a reply.. and it is gone!!! sigh.

Lyss, sorry about 5ths disease. I hear you on coughing w/ your incision.. it is no fun.

It is exciting to hear about everyone having babies! or nearly ready to have their babies. It always amazed me the things people would say. I remember  when I was 20 weeks along some lady was all  - oh are you due soon. When I told her I was halfway, she had this horrified look on her face and was all. oh you poor dear. Really? that is not comforting or nice.  So I feel for you girls. 

LO is feeling better.. but still has a cough that will kick in his gag reflex.. so he will hork up a feed (it only happens once a day or less). Hopefully his cough goes away soon. He is 3 weeks old today!!! and still tiny.. I think he is 7lbs now.

Well I need to go pick up my 20 mo old from the sitter. I am still not cleared to pick him up! Thank goodness I have a sitter!

Angie - mom to Allie 12/01, Ephram 07/09  and Asher 3/1/11
#322 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Banana, it sounds like things are moving!  Good luck! 

Neuromancer, that IS really annoying. 

Alisaparent, good luck!  Hope it works.

Audmommy, glad your little guy is feeling better.  Our ped scared the crap out of us about newborns and fever, telling me to keep our older kids away from the baby (in our tiny apartment).

#323 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliy View Post

Banana... according to the wives tales the dreams you have you will have the opposite... turned out to be right for me. I only dreams about girls and I ended up with a boy

Figures...I'm always opposite of the old wives' tales.  The night before we had our girls, I had a dream we had twin girls, but they were older and not babies anymore.  I had thought the whole pregnancy we would have a boy and a girl, so that was kind of funny that my dream was correct.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#324 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 PM

DF had one final today, and has one tomorrow and then he's on spring break. hopefully baby will show for break. 

DD has finally started to make a breakthrough with the whole pooping on the potty thing, about half the time we're making it to the potty in time to get the poop in it. 

today she also learned how to open her bedroom door. she's supposed to be going down for a nap, but she keeps getting up. she's chosen this month to start phasing out her nap, I was really hoping she would still be napping for at least another month, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. 

I have an order written up for a biophysical profile, so tomorrow I get to schedule to have that done. 

#325 of 389 Old 03-22-2011, 06:43 PM

oh mamas this is theweek that gets intersting for me.

my grandma who had been here to help went home on sunday. dh has been home the last few days but he goes to work tomorrow and i have Cael's two week check up with the midwives. i'll have to take all three boys with me.....this will be my first outing by myself.

on the plus I'm feeling pretty good

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#326 of 389 Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 AM

39 weeks + 2 days! Meeting with the backup midwife for weekly check-in at 2pm my midwife tomorrow morning.    Coincidentally, saw a little watery blood on the toilet paper today.  Could be days; could be weeks!  :)

I feel okay, just more -- more heavy, more sore, more tired!  It's more trouble to move.  Once I've got momentum I'm fine, but getting up or down, starting to walk, and rolling over are all more problematic!

Update:  I updated my post on the last page, but it turns out that my midwife WILL be around town for my birth, so I didn't even need to wonder about it.  I feel a little silly for worrying without evidence, but it's just because I like her so much!  ;) 

#327 of 389 Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Neuro--that's great news about your midwife!!

My appointment today was really great.  I am always so happy when I get done with my appointments at the birth center for some reason.  I got a cervical check and I am 2-3 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced.  Babe is -1.  So she said it could be any day.  Or not.  I was happy to find out that they will let me go to 42 weeks (or even a little after) if all looks good.  I wasn't sure what their exact policy is (because I never had to worry about it before), so that was good to find out.

My attitude has been better the past two days, so hopefully it will stay that way until the babe is born!

#328 of 389 Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Aily that sounds like a handful, Good Luck with all those boys :)

Neuromancer that is great about your midwife and I am jealous of the bloody mucous! :D

As for me I am 41 +2 weeks pregnant and have no prelabor signs. but I still feel great orngbiggrin.gif

#329 of 389 Old 03-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Alily- too bad they won't come to you!!

Neuro- good news about your MW!

Emma- you are so sanguine!

#330 of 389 Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM

well it was an adventure one i have no intention of repeating ever again.

we were late for the appt. It wasn't a big deal casue they were runnning late but that meant my boys got board and ansy. They are just so tried of being cooped up. but i can't really take them out by myself and my grandma wasn't taking them out when she was here so they are just so bored. but that aside. I figure I can't take them to the park ( my little guy loves the swings and I just can't lift him yet) so lets go to McDonalds play place and they can run climb and burn off some energy. Sounds like a great idea. Well I didn't want to bring in my diaper bag so I just grabbed my debit card and headed inside with the kids. I left both my cellphone and my keys in the van, while i was trying to keep my two year old from running into the parking lot. totally didn't think about it till we were leaving. so now I have three children and I'm stranded in the McDonalds parking lot. I could have walked home from there if it was just the baby and my oldest but my two year old would not walk the distance and would want to be carried. ( once again can't be doing that especially not the 15 -20 minute walk it would be. So we call the tow truck and get them out to open the van. for a 30 second job it was $55.

this has been the worst afternoon I have had in a very long time. At least the kids were with me and not locked in the van or anything like that.

On the plus side Cael is past his birth weight and weighing in at 8 lbs 2.5 oz. I'm glad right now I don't have anything planned anytime soon

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page