March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! ******* - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh Lyss!  You are having a rough go of it.  I'm sorry your mom isn't being helpful.  And to be sick on top of it all!  Try to take it easy.  Make eating a priority.  Your baby needs you to.  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#362 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM

Sorry to hear some of you are struggling with sick babies/kids/ yourselves.  I hope everyone recovers quickly.

Lyss, maybe you can tell your mom you are worried about milk supply and ask her to make a special run to the store or something for you to get things you can grab and eat really easily once you feel better?!  You definitely need to keep up your own health as well as everyone else!

Speaking of sickness and trying to avoid it, I took the baby with on Monday to my DD's dance class.  They had not met him yet and the other moms were excited to see him.  While I was getting DDs coat and stuff back on the teacher offered to hold him a bit and I let her... then she goes on to talk about how her son is at home sick (had the 24 hour major throwing up type of thing).  I am sure my eyes got huge - lets just say I very quickly got DD dressed and got the baby back and in his car seat.  Probably was not really necessary but I could not help freaking out a bit about that.

This morning Max and I went grocery shopping at the co-op after dropping DD off at daycare (she is going 2 days a week while I am on leave, to help us both stay sane, haha).  It went great, I had nursed and changed his right before, he fell asleep in the care and stayed that way the whole time. I had planned on nursing him in the little food area at the co-op if needed (that is one place I know I would pretty much never get weird looks for nursing!).  He seems to like the car seat and driving IF he is tired and recently fed.

Hope you all are doing well - or soon better if not!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#363 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 05:15 PM

wwell i think we are on the mend had a reassesment with the doc last night. turns out he had/ has RSV broncoloitis......

feeling overwhelmed with everything right now i don't want help i just want to be able to do the things i used to. but with still being in recovery i know i can't. i'm very particular with how things are done and i hate when people don't do things my way.... (aka the "wrong" way but dh reminds me that others ways are right even if it's not exactly how i would do it)

i need a mommy rechage time and a hug.

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#364 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliy View Post

wwell i think we are on the mend had a reassesment with the doc last night. turns out he had/ has RSV broncoloitis......

feeling overwhelmed with everything right now i don't want help i just want to be able to do the things i used to. but with still being in recovery i know i can't. i'm very particular with how things are done and i hate when people don't do things my way.... (aka the "wrong" way but dh reminds me that others ways are right even if it's not exactly how i would do it)

i need a mommy rechage time and a hug.

hug2.gif

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#365 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 PM

Lyss- I'm so sorry. What an ordeal! I hope you are on the mend and well fed soon!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#366 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM

hugs lyss and aily hug.gif

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#367 of 389 Old 03-30-2011, 09:35 PM

are there any other hold outs from march??!? i should probably go look at the roster. seems like i'm the only one left :/ i had a feeling this would be an april baby. of course everyone is on my a$$ now. having a baby in a different month than your due date makes it seem like i've gone even later than i really have.

#368 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM

Sara,  I have been really quiet but I am still waiting.  I feel like I could be pregnant forever and I am still pretty comfortable.  I think a lot of yoga and walking has kept me feeling great.  I was due the 28th.  We have a big snow storm coming in April fools  so I am might birth during that.  We are prepared and hoping for an unassisted birth... we might not get a choice.  Are you getting any labor signs?

farming with 2 wild things and their hot daddy uc.jpg
#369 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 AM

yay! glad i'm not the only one :D one of my due dates was the 28th as well. i've had some random cramping over the last week, but not much else. luckily, i feel pretty good too and don't mind going late.

#370 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 AM

I can't believe my girls are 4 weeks old today!  They are still so small and newborn-looking, so different from my other babies who were born large and filled out quickly!  

Yesterday, I got a package of diapers and covers I'd ordered.  Fun to have some new, pretty things to use.  I ordered two of these and two of these and a bunch of their covers.  If I like the diaps, I'll make another order for nighttime and going out diapering.  ATM, we're using disposables at night because dh isn't very confident with pins.  So far, I got the diapers washed, and they're hanging dry. The so soft ones really are soft!  Can't wait to see how well they absorb.  The bamboo inside isn't quite as soft as I'd anticipated, but better than suedecloth, which I think Lucy is a little sensitive to.

Oops, gotta go pick up my preschooler! 

#371 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 AM

DDCC from April-

MLM I have a few of each of those dipes and LOVE Them!!! Especially the bamboo ones! Hope you get some good use out of them and they work for ya! Congrats on 4 week old twins- so exciting!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#372 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM

Erica, It's nice to hear good reviews!  My toddler and preschooler are both still in diapers overnight, so if these fit we could save a lot of money with them.  The prices really can't be beat, and it's been sooo long since I ordered any new diapers for my kids...probably almost eight years...so I'm a little excited. LOL 

#373 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 PM

mlm i love kawaii diapers...i have a few of the animal print ones....i'd like to get some bamboo ones

we went and bought a king sizebed today

kaPOW! likes this.

#374 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 PM

Aliy, that should make your life so much easier!  I loved our King-sized bed!!  I can't wait until July when we can get it out of storage!  I'll bet all 5 of us will be a perfect fit.  :)

#375 of 389 Old 03-31-2011, 09:21 PM

banana.gifking size bed dance!!!! banana.gif

#376 of 389 Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliy View Post

mlm i love kawaii diapers...i have a few of the animal print ones....i'd like to get some bamboo ones

we went and bought a king sizebed today

How exciting on the bed!  We used to have one, but we didn't really have space enough in our room at the time, so we downsized a few years back when it was time to replace it.  It did make cosleeping easier, but since we only cosleep for about the first year or so, we make due with our queen rather well, especially with a sidecar for the babies.

I ended up ordering a few more styles last night. LOL  I'm so addicted and I have gift money for the girls to spend.  Actually, I think the number of snaps on the ones I got are too much for dh.  So, even though I'm not thrilled with velcro, I ordered one so that he can try both.  I really need him to be able to successfully diaper the girls this time.  It makes night times a little easier on me. I'm so tired of stinky, leaky disposables, which we've been using at night so far.  

Oh, if anyone's interested, we made the second order from Sweetbottoms.  They're currently running a sale on Kawaii's.  There's not much stock on either site, though, as everyone's waiting on the new stuff arriving in April/May.  

#377 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Ugh.  I tried to get out of the house on my own for the first time today and failed.  I really wanted to go to church.  I got ready, fed and changed Sebastian, had plenty of time...and could NOT get him into the Moby wrap in a way that seemed conducive to him continuing to breathe.  It's the only carrier I have that's appropriate for a newborn, and I keep trying and trying.  Today I tried putting him in it for 40 minutes before I burst into tears and gave up (and ran out of time to get to church anyway).  I hate feeling trapped.  My husband is off playing soccer, and I don't want to have to rely on him tying me into the thing (the "Kangaroo Carry" in which someone ties it on me while I hold the baby is the only one that has worked so far). 

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#378 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 09:41 AM

Neuro: I posted on your other thread too but I'll say it again: We love our Beco Gemini! I nevered liked the moby. Do you have the $$ to get another carrier? Not all carriers work for everyone or every babe. It's really trial and error. With DD, the Moby didn't work, rs didn't work, pocket sling didn't work and I finally ordered the babyhawk and it was fantastic! It was such a relief to get it! Is there a store near you that has different slings you can try? I would get something else if you can swing it.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#379 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Yes, I should try another style.  Thanks for the recommendation.

I did also contact a shop that said they'd help me if I can get up there.

I just hate being defeated!  By a piece of cloth, no less!

#380 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Neuro: have you watched the videos on Moby's website?  I found them fairly helpful.  That being said I struggled with it a ton with DD.  It is only with this babe that I finally feel comfortable with it.  Until you get a chance to try others at that store I would watch the videos (you might be able to find some even better showing using a newborn on youtube) and have DH help you practice with it and getting babe in.  I never felt comfortable  by myself at first, I wanted someone near to spot me and make sure I did not drop the baby.

I am using the newborn hug hold right now and the key for me at least is wrapping it a bit tighter then I think I should and that keeps him up nice and high and his head up basically using a breast as a pillow. 

I am also planning to add a Becco to my collection.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#381 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post

Neuro: have you watched the videos on Moby's website?  I found them fairly helpful.  That being said I struggled with it a ton with DD.  It is only with this babe that I finally feel comfortable with it.  Until you get a chance to try others at that store I would watch the videos (you might be able to find some even better showing using a newborn on youtube) and have DH help you practice with it and getting babe in.  I never felt comfortable  by myself at first, I wanted someone near to spot me and make sure I did not drop the baby.

I am using the newborn hug hold right now and the key for me at least is wrapping it a bit tighter then I think I should and that keeps him up nice and high and his head up basically using a breast as a pillow. 

I am also planning to add a Becco to my collection.

Yes, I did watch those videos.  I just found it hard to replicate the position of the baby.  Mine sort of turns and ends up sideways and curved.  I got a couple more video recommendations and will keep trying -- and wrap it even tighter.

#382 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 02:33 PM

I haven't used my moby with Isaac yet. I wore DD in it last summer/fall and have worn a 5-month old in it when I was babysitting, but haven't tried it with a newborn. I actually need to locate it, maybe in the coat closet? we haven't used it in a few months. 

goodvibes.gifsending well baby/well mama vibes to those who need them

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#383 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Neuro- do you have a babywearing group in your area? As a group leader, I have met with new moms before to help them with positioning. A leader in your area might do that. Also I agree that not every carrier works for every baby. That being said, there are a lot of new safety recommendations out now- I could give you some links if you're interested, just pm me.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#384 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 03:24 PM

Neuro, I love wearing Harper in the Moby and it is so frustrating when it doesn't work for us. I feel your pain!

What helped me was to make sure and tie it on nice and flat and tight. I also do the tag part pretty high. She wont go in well if she's hungry or wet, so I take care of feeding and changing first. Even with all that done she still fusses sometimes and she won't settle for about 5 min. I walk around, up & down the stairs, etc and then she quiets down.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#385 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 PM

I love wraps, really. That being said, I think they are not always the simplest way to go when you start. Maybe a ring sling might be a good addition for you Neuro. They are versatile, can get very snug, are fairly easy to use, and are cheap.

#386 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 PM

i love my ring sling. i'm okay with my wrap but it's not my go to

#387 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM

starting to get all the "so, when will you induce" questions from people. bah! so glad i'm having a homebirth this time, and not having to fend off that question from an OB.

#388 of 389 Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

starting to get all the "so, when will you induce" questions from people. bah! so glad i'm having a homebirth this time, and not having to fend off that question from an OB.

Ick grossedout.gif I hate that people jump to "when will you induce" as soon as you're over your due-date. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#389 of 389 Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 AM

I started an April thread here: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1306685/it-s-april-march-mamas#post_16366567

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page