March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! ******* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 389 Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I saw my m/w this morning. bp is low, baby's bh was in the mid 130's. She did an internal check and the baby's head is super low and my cervix is about 2cm and super soft.  

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#92 of 389 Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Could be Banana- guess I'll know soon enough!

Is that all good news to you Sand?

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#93 of 389 Old 03-04-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest~mama View Post

Could be Banana- guess I'll know soon enough!

Is that all good news to you Sand?

Yup! and nothing super new. My bp has been low during this pgcy and the hb been like that too for most of my pgcy.

I'm ready for baby to come anytime! :D

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#94 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 AM

i'm feeling like a watched pot.... i kinda want to turn off the phones and everything until the baby is here. at least my family cuts right to the chase about why they are calling.. " how are you? anything happening with that baby?"  my dad called today and wants to make sure i'll have the baby before the 25th... um.. yea i should.. but he is heading out of country and wants to see the baby first.

i haven't really had much for contractions the last day or so... who knows what is going to happen.

my next midwives appt is wednesday

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#95 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 AM

Hi everyone,

Just trying to read to keep up with the posts...

Aily I am so with you...today when I picked up my older son at school, about five people asked me, what still no baby?/you are still pregnant??  My bro (who should know better because they had a baby a month ago) texted me to say still no baby?

My contractions have been quieter today though yesterday I lost a whole bunch of mp...

My mom is now here to help which is great but has taken a bit of adjusting, don't get me wrong, I adore her and am extremely grateful that she is here...I think we're settling in.

My MW offered to strip my membranes and my next appt. Wed. and if she's not here by then I think I'll say yes to that...I've heard it hurts a little but why not try it once I am 40 weeks right?

Healthy pregnancy & labor vibes fellow March Mamas!

Stella

#96 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post

MarissaMom- at least you are getting a new washer! My old crappy washer died a few months ago and I LOVE my new washer. It's never fun to have an appliance die on you (especially on your birthday!!!), but I'm sure you will love the new washer. We got really lucky and with rebates and discounts we got a fancy schmancy front load, steam, million-cycle washer for like $350. Hopefully you can get a great deal, too! I always have the best luck at Lowe's.

after spending so much of our emergency fund on the car, we just went back to the same used appliance place. upgraded my Kennmore 80 series to a 90 series. didn't have to spend much on it, and don't have to worry about re-learning how to wash dipes because it's basically the same machine, but I can set it to automatically add a second rinse, so fewer trips down to the basement when washing the dipes. they gave us a discount for being returning customers and a discount because we gave them the old broken washer. they delivered it this afternoon, so I only went a day without a working washer. 

we had a few friends over this evening, so I'm to tired to do the dishes before bed. if my mom's theory holds true, that means I'll go into labor in the morning. (she's convinced that the only reason I was born the day I was was because she hadn't done the dishes the night before. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#97 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 02:48 AM

meh. up at 2am because of noises in the night. feeling pretty darn awake, but i know the feeling won't hold until bedtime. sigh.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#98 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Alily- your mw probably meant to help you, not to blow you off. I often tell doula and CBE clients that if their labors start going close to bed time, try to get in a bath and have a glass of wine (or tylenol pm, benedryl, etc.) Labor is long and hard on it's own, and even harder if your early labor kept you up all night. It's good to get as much rest as you can before that challenge! She probably should have explained her thinking more clearly and let you know that if things really got going, she'd be ready to be with you. It's hard to be so pregnant, a little sensitivity goes a long way, right?

This is what my childbirth educator told me, too -- that if labor starts in the evening or at night, you should try to relax and sleep while you still can.  But Banana731 is right.  If that was what your midwife was thinking, she could have explained!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#99 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 AM

anyone else putting off reading birth stories? I want to be in labor so bad right now, that I'm too jealous to read the threads. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#100 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Marissa, that is such a cute story!  I hope you did go into labor!  If that were true for me I would have gone into labor MONTHS ago.  :)

Stellanuova, looks like things might be moving for you!  So exciting.  It's hard getting used to another adult (who is so invested in you) in your house.  If I had forceps lying around, I might give it a try at this point, so I would say there's nothing wrong with stripping membranes.

I'm with you guys on the check-ins.  I'm pretty tired of hearing about it, especially now that there will be no c/s in 5 days (hopefully) and I may be around for almost 3 more weeks. 

I had so many strong contractions when the baby was sideways and breech, but now that she's head-down - nothing!  I haven't lost any plug (although I haven't with any other pregnancy either).  She doesn't feel down low.  I'm just miserable. 

DD has been having a lot of problems at school, and if it weren't for the baby coming, I would yank her out and homeschool her or send her to DS's co-op.  But with all this other change, I'm at such a loss.  It's funny, I wound up yanking her out of daycare right before DS was born (and it was the right decision).  DS had TWO poop accidents yesterday and DD had a pee accident the night before.  I feel like we're all on a hair trigger around here waiting to see what's going to happen (DH is waiting to hear on some jobs he was looking into, too, and we're not sure where we're going to live next year, so all the balls are in the air right now).  I have no right to feel impatient yet, but I do.

I need to get going on the list, but DH has the kids in the garage to clean out the car and put in the car seat base, so I may just take a little nap first.

I have been REALLY craving oreos and banana splits (isn't that awful?), and I decided to buy a big box of oreos at a big box store that was on sale, and it turns out I'm not the only one around here that hoovers oreos.  DD read "Oreo" on teh package and didn't know what they were, but now both of them are asking for Oreos by name.  I tried to bribe DD with a cookie to do something, and she was like, "I DON'T WANT A COOKIE!  I WANT AN OREO!"  ;)  Looks like they'll be gone soon anyway.  I really did mean to make some oatmeal raisin cookies with them from scratch . . .

#101 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

... If I had forceps lying around, I might give it a try at this point...

ROTFLMAO.gif

I found a recipe for homemade oreos online. they need some tweaking, but they were not bad! I think I might make some brownies tonight....

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#102 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM

Oh I've been terrible with sweets the past 3 weeks or so. I was doing really well up to that point with eating. I'd gained just 10lbs but now I'm up 17lbs. I have mostly been baking here, but it's been like cupcakes one day, cookies another, then I had a craving for pie so we went out to the fruit company on the way home today and got an apple pie. I normally am not a huge sweets fan so I guess I'll get it over with in one month! :D

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#103 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM

I loss my mucus plug and have bloody show!!!       banana.gif Come on baby!!! Everyone is so ready to meet you.

#104 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM

So, I just, uhhh, ate some Oreos. Must be a pregnant lady thing? I always always crave sweets and this pregnancy has been no different. I am trying to balance them with lots of protein, though. Good thing cookies and milk is a nice combo!

I feel like I have been riding a bike for about a week- feels like things are starting to widen. My pelvis is really sore when I walk. I also am starting to have some really really mild cramping. At least I think it's cramping. Could be just more belly stretching. I haven't been checked by the MW at all yet, other than externally. They said she has dropped into place and my measurements reflected that. Would I be able to feel the top of her head at this point if I checked or would she still be too high up there? 

I am so ready for baby to come at this point (mainly because I don't want to keep working anymore!). I just keep telling myself... only 2 more weeks, only 2 more weeks. Let's hope it's not that long.

Sandrine- Start a new thread, girl! ELV to you!!!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#105 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

Marissa, that is such a cute story!  I hope you did go into labor!  If that were true for me I would have gone into labor MONTHS ago.  :)

nope, still no baby. that means I actually have to do the dishes, rather than my mom or DF doing them for me. 

#106 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 04:19 PM

oh, and I'm debating eating some oreos or some ice-cream-cake. 

#107 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post

Sandrine- Start a new thread, girl! ELV to you!!!

but it may mean nothing too. :/ I'm not having any contrax.  I will for sure make a new thread when I know more. :)

#108 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 05:05 PM

I'm right there with you Sand. Been losing plug for a while but today a bigger chunk and some pink since last night. I also may have a very tiny leak but haven't seen the mw yet and not sure. No real new feeling contrax either just the same pressure and mellow contrax I've been having for over a week. Feeling closer but who really knows?!

#109 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Hi y'all...Sandrine that *is* exciting...keep us posted.

So I had a bunch of ctx earlier, but timing was all over the map...lasted for hours and now...intermittent but crampiness w/back & front developed & that hasn't gone away....was so convinced it might be the real thing I tied up a bunch of loose ends at work and actually called my mw's (in addition to lots of texting w/doula & sitters)...but seems to have petered out...argh...this is maybe the 5th or 6th time I've had this now and this one seemed the most real. I didn't dare get excited...well let's see what happens overnight...there are so many of us ready to go -- sending good birthing vibes to all mamas who are ready!!!!

#110 of 389 Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 PM

Just attempted my nightly garlic treatment and ended up with some bloody mucus. Just a tiny, tiny bit. DH thinks it was just irritation (wishful thinking... I don't think he wants to have the baby this weekend) but I am hoping for things to start happening here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#111 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post

So, I just, uhhh, ate some Oreos. Must be a pregnant lady thing? I always always crave sweets and this pregnancy has been no different. I am trying to balance them with lots of protein, though. Good thing cookies and milk is a nice combo!

While my husband was out of town I ate an entire package of Oreos in three days.  ;)

#112 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 AM

StellaNuova- glad to hear I'm not the only one, although I know our club seems to be having this problem quite a bit.

Yesterday I woke up from a short nap a little before 1 and had pretty strong contractions. I wouldn't let myself get excited, so we just picked the girls up from their science Saturday school and took one of our dogs with us on a walk by the bay. They kept getting stronger and closer together, so finally I started timing them on DHs Droid App for timing contractions. They were 2 min apart and 1 min long. They continued to get more uncomfortable so we got in the car, and there was so much pressure it was hard to sit still, so I called my midwife. She sounded pretty optimistic that this was it. We went home and finished packing up the last minute things and installed the car seat. The contractions got stronger to the point that I had everyone leave me alone and I had to lean over with my hands on a footstool and rock a bit. I had DH call my mom and best friend and tell them to be ready to go, my best friend came and got my girls so I could have some quiet before we went. An hour later the contractions had slowed to every 3 minutes and were no longer so uncomfortable, so we went on another walk. They continued to slowly peter out. I was pretty exhausted by 7 pm so I went and took a very fitful and uncomfortable nap for a couple hours, and when I woke up the contractions were all but gone.

I totally felt like sobbing, I'm going crazy. I feel like I can't keep having these little labor sessions or I am going to have a breakdown. And this time it was more than just the building anticipation, it was really starting to get painful. In my past labors I felt no pain until right as I was hitting transition, so I just can't figure out what the hell is going on.

How will I know when I actually need to go in? I was seriously 10 min away from going when they started to slow down.

The baby is soooo low now and my hips are absolutely killing me this morning. How much longer can this go on? I'm to the point of asking my midwife for her opinion on either cohosh or even castor oil, even though I'm not really due until Tuesday.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#113 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I'm so sorry Kat. Do you know baby's positioning? DD1 was OP with a hand up and I had days of laboring like that before she arrived. I really hope things speed back up for you and result in a baby soon!

#114 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 11:19 AM

I was thinking positioning too.  Crawl around on hands & knees?

#115 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Hands and knees it is then. I know she is head down with her butt toward the outside on my left, but it's entirely possible she has a hand up or something.

I read that you can use castor oil externally by rubbing it on the belly and then covering with a warm towel, it sounds a lot better than internally so I figured I'd give it a shot and then I'd have the stuff on hand if I decide to use it internally later.

Thanks for the thoughts, ladies.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#116 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Kat I hope your turn is really soon. Sending calm and peace vibes to you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFM, I'm 40wks today. No baby yet. I had just a few contrax last night and they went away again when I went to bed. I was a bit crampy tho thru the night. So i guess I get to see the ob tomorrow morning and see what she has to say but maybe baby will decide to come out tonight. :)

Hope everyone had a nice sunday!!!

#117 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 02:48 PM

I can't believe how many of us have been having major pre labor stuff and are at or nearly at 40w. I'm 40w tomorrow and would likely be way morefine with that if it weren't for all the faking me out my body is doing. We're going to have a busy last few weeks of March at this point- not many babies yet!

#118 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 PM

i'm still waiting here too! I want to give this baby an eviction notice if it's going to keep playing games with me...lol

DS1 is getting super impatient....

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#119 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 PM

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. lots of random contractions, but no full labor.

Tonight is my birthday dinner with my family (not everyone could do it on my actual birthday). and tomorrow night my big sister is having a post-ultrasound party. I really hope she's having a girl. 

#120 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 04:44 PM

I missed getting to see Ina May speak today because the bus was super-late, but that's okay.  My husband and I got a lot of de-cluttering/tidying done in our apartment.  The kitchen and bathroom are now finished and the living room is begun.  After that, it's just the bedroom that's left to tackle.  Whew!

37 weeks tomorrow...next midwife appointment on Tuesday...nothing going on that seems like early labor.  I'm in this for the long haul.  And not feeling ready at all.

My pre-birth priorities (3 weeks left):

Buy 2-3 cheap towels and a couple of drop cloths or shower curtain liners

De-clutter bedroom

De-clutter living room

Deep clean (surfaces, floors, walls, appliances, fixtures) or hire one-time cleaning service

Fix couch cover w/velcro

Wash bedding and clothes for baby

Pick up birth tub (week 37) and drop off Goodwill donations -- SCHEDULED
Trial set up birth tub - buy any missing hoses/connectors

Pack transfer bag w/transfer birth plan, etc.
Set up diaper bag contents/area

Big grocery trip - include labor/post-birth foods

Begin insurance paperwork for work - 3 sets (change, short term, FMLA)

Not priorities, but "would be nice" to get done before labor:

Consider a more neutral bedroom rug (the one we have does not go with our new bedding)

Consider installing storage shelf on bedroom wall above door

Finish knitting baby blanket

Make a lasagna for the freezer (just to get us through a few days)

Husband to de-clutter attic crawl space (I won't be able to climb the ladder)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page