March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! ******* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. lots of random contractions, but no full labor.

Tonight is my birthday dinner with my family (not everyone could do it on my actual birthday). and tomorrow night my big sister is having a post-ultrasound party. I really hope she's having a girl. 

Enjoy your birthday dinner!!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#122 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 PM

I'm with you all on the annoying, getting your hopes up then petering out contractions.  I'm 39w1d today and would LOVE to have a baby this week.  I really can't take being pregnant much longer.  

Trying to keep myself distracted.  Went to a giant antique mall yesterday and went to the library today (lots of walking up and down aisles this weekend).  

There's nothing like waiting for a baby to come out of you to make you realize you are not in control!  A powerful/sobering reminder for us modern day human folk.

#123 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM

I'm sorry that so many are having so much prodromal labor! Such a drag. Maybe now that there is a new moon the real stuff will start up for you all.

Rocky: The distraction thing is so important. I'm trying to think of things to do until labor. It'll be so nice when my parents come into town but that 's not for 1 1/2 weeks. Only in pregnancy can 1 week seem like such a long time.

We found a car this weekend for DH and I'm just hoping nothing falls through and we can go get it tomorrow or Tuesday. Until it's done, I'll worry something will happen. It was a long weekend of driving around and test driving cars for DD and we were all pretty grouchy and tired by mid-afternoon today. DD had a very unusual crying fit and we had to stop and DH had to hold her and hug her for a long time. Then I remembered I had brought some emergency chocolate chips and we were able to get on the road again. Poor kid. It was really a lot for her. She barely got to play with DH this weekend.

I would really love a good ice cream sundae right now. I'm not an ice cream fan either. Maybe we'll have to run to the store to get stuff to make one.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#124 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Hi ladies! I am due March 14 with my second. I feel like this pregnancy has gone by so fast. I am enjoying my last days, but have been very sleepy lately. I don't have any BH or prelabor signs. I actually think I might go over due. I will be excited when I do go into labor and find out the gender of my surprise bundle :)

#125 of 389 Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 PM

Vegan Emma, I'm due 3/16, and I slept all day.  I've been on the go almost the whole time as a sAHM to a 5yo and a 3yo.  I walk a lot and do a lot of stuff for them and am usually dead at the end of the day, but today DH took over everything and I pretty much laid in bed all day and it was so nice.

I'm thinking labor is far off for me too - no bloody show or anything yet despite all of DH's prostaglandin deliveries.  ;)

Resting and having my feet up has made me less irritated with pregnancy, but it would be nice to have some good contractions and know that something's going on.

#126 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 AM

Hi Emma smile.gif
I'm starting to feel like my constipation is keeping baby in. I'm trying not to take my anti-barf meds today since they can cause constipation, even though my dose is very very low. Already got down some raisin bran and in a bit I'm going to have some peaches. I need to get things moving!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#127 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 AM

VeganEmma, I'm sleepy, too!

I'm feeling pretty good this morning, and I see my midwife tomorrow morning, but this morning (37 weeks today) I had some bleeding on the toilet paper and now (since then) on a pad.  It's not heavy and it's sort of a dark red-brown rather than a bright red, but it's more than spotting and it's new to me.    I'm not having any bad cramping (just twistiness in my stomach that I think is the baby) or seeing mucous or anything like that, but I'm in my first pregnancy and it makes me nervous!  The baby was really active last night before I went to sleep and my stomach feels a bit sore this morning, but that's about it.

I'm at work, but taking it easy and will drink a lot of water and watch to see if the bleeding changes in amount, consistency or color (or if I start having recognizable cramps/contractions).  I really hope I still have 3 weeks left!!  :)

#128 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 AM

FM--I'm constipated too and during my last birth the MW gave me an enema because she thought the poop was effecting the babe's position.  Boohiss.  I definitely want to avoid that this time!!!  It was terrible!!!  I made some granola over the weekend and that seems to really be working!!

#129 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 AM

Neuro, did you call your MW?

I have a friend who does that, her MW's think it's something with her amniotic sac and the lining of her uterus. When she gets close to labor and then during, it's messy, but she has happy healthy babies!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#130 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Forest-mama:  I recently decided to try adding prune juice to see if that would help my constipation (not horrible but for months I would say I have had mild--medium constipation).  I have to mix it with other juice and make sure it is cold (or it tastes too yucky) but I really really think it is helping!  I have been so much more regular this last week.   Before the prunes juice I had been doing all the other thing - lots of oatmeal and fruit etc and it only kind of helped.

I figure there must be something besides just fiber in the prune juice that helps things along.  Reading the nutrition info you would have to drink a ton to get a lot of fiber.  The first couple days I drank a couple fairly big glasses (maybe too much, it resulting in a lot of gas) but helped by the next day.  Now I have been having a small glass (maybe 4 oz prune + 2 oz other juice) in the morning and I swear within an hour things are moving but I am not gassy or anything.  Yeah!  It is funny how this kind of think can make you so happy.

I did feel like laughing at myself walking through the store - large preggo lady carrying large bottle of prune juice... felt like I might as well as put an "I'm constipated" sign on my forehead.  lol.

Non- preggo I also always found that a cup of coffee helped if I was having these issues.  I actually do usually have about 1/2 cup in the morning still - along with the prune juice - but the coffee by itself was not doing anything so I am thinking it is the prune juice that is the key now.

-------------------

Katroshka (and other prodromal sufferers):  I wish I had some advice for you all!   It sounds pretty miserable.  I think I would have been going in as well at that point.  Heck, I plan to be leaving a good while before contrax are only 2 mins apart!  Maybe this is your body trying to get baby to position a little better.  If/when that happens I could see things going super quick at that point.  Maybe on one good side, in a lot of the typical/traditional OB practices you would have been in a hospital and admitted for labor a long time ago... and when it petered out probably would have been failure to progress... etc. etc.  Maybe some small comfort can be taken in that your body is being allowed to get things worked out and you and baby are still healthy and well (although you sound super exhausted!).  

Hoping for happy healthy babies for you guys soon!!!goodvibes.gif

----------------

I am definitely in the group of those who have mentioned being here for the long haul / end of the month.  I am 38 weeks but no signs of any labor anytime soon.  I will be pretty surprised if baby does not wait until at least my DD (20th) if not later.  I am done working now though and plan to spend this week getting lots of little things from my list done and hope that I don't end up overdue at home with nothing left to do and going crazy.  At least by then there should be lots of birth stories and baby pictures to look at!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#131 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Neuro, did you call your MW?

I have a friend who does that, her MW's think it's something with her amniotic sac and the lining of her uterus. When she gets close to labor and then during, it's messy, but she has happy healthy babies!

I emailed the practice, rather than calling.  I'm trying not to freak myself out.  If it gets heavier, I'll call.  Hopefully it's nothing major!

#132 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 AM

Our power just came back on.  Yipee!!  joy.gif  We had some high winds last night that caused a power outage & since we're on well water here, that means no water as well.  So yipee for the electricity!!

Had some irritating comments thrown at me yesterday about my choice to have a natural birth.  Trying to erase that from my memory. 

That's about all that's going on here...

#133 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

I emailed the practice, rather than calling.  I'm trying not to freak myself out.  If it gets heavier, I'll call.  Hopefully it's nothing major!

My midwife called me back.  She's not concerned, since the bleeding is so light (last time I wiped I hardly got any color on the tissue), but said to drink a glass of juice and see if I feel the baby moving around (which I'll do on my lunch break, since I'm at work) and to take it easy.  She thinks it's probably just capillary blood from my cervix (not from sex, which I didn't have recently, but maybe from all my moving around and cleaning yesterday).  I am having a little lower back pain, but I think that's psychosomatic or just general pregnancy aches, not cramping.  We'll see!

#134 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 08:35 AM

Lyss you have 2 that is a lot of work :D I wish my SO could help out more but he is working almost everyday until my duedate and I have no family around. But I only have one toddler :)

FM- I have been slow lately, but sometimes I will take some smooth move tea mixed with raspberry leaf. It makes me feel better. I like pooping on schedule lol

Neuro- sounds like you are close!!

I woke up this morning and ate too much, now I feel lazy. I think I am just going to rest, I really need a break.

Anyone have a large appetite lately? The past few days I have been eating so much and I can't figure out why!  

#135 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Still pregnant... my due date is tomorrow, I can't believe it.

I rubbed castor oil on my belly (I can't believe how thick the stuff is- no wonder it is gross to drink, it's hard to even rub around) twice last night and then put a warm towel over it. Nothing yet, but seems like it may need a few applications. Since it is cool and rainy today I figure I might as well keep doing it, the warm towel will be soothing at least!

Brought home the gorgeous rocking chair my dad made me last night, it looks way too nice for our house, haha. It's like, Ikea, Ikea, Ikea, amazing hand crafted walnut rocking chair.... Now we will need to rearrange the furniture to figure out where we want to put it. Hmmm.... maybe that will get things going! My grandma told me she went into labor at 34 weeks with my aunt after she moved her living room furniture around. None of that Ikea furniture is very heavy, though.

Well, I just can't be in labor while the girls are at school tomorrow. DD2 has been freaking out for 2 weeks that I would have the baby on her field trip to the aquarium, which of course I thought would NEVER happen 2 weeks ago. If she were to miss it I wouldn't feel THAT bad, we've been there a bunch of times and can go anytime, but it would definitely be a pain in the butt if I went into labor quickly while she was there. It's not close by, unlike the hospital and school, so it would be pretty inconvenient to send someone to get her.

Neuro- how bout you just send any spare labor vibes my way? Good luck keeping that baby in, really I wouldn't be too concerned. Could be your cervix just starting to open and efface, and as I and several other ladies around here can attest, that doesn't mean labor is anywhere near. Even for the first baby.

I've been managing my constipation by eating lots of citrus. Usually about 3- 4 oranges a day. I personally found it to work better than prune juice, which sadly did nothing for me. Good thing I really like citrus and it's in season!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#136 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post

Neuro- how bout you just send any spare labor vibes my way? Good luck keeping that baby in, really I wouldn't be too concerned. Could be your cervix just starting to open and efface, and as I and several other ladies around here can attest, that doesn't mean labor is anywhere near. Even for the first baby.

Yes!  You can have all of my labor vibes.  I don't want them...YET.  ;)

#137 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 AM

39 weeks today. I had DD at 38 weeks 5 days by my official due-date (39 weeks based on ovulation date). I'm feeling more pregnant, and having a harder time moving around than with DD. The last two nights my ankles have gotten pretty swollen. my mom started freaking out about it a little last night, but I had been sitting for long periods of time both days, I think I just need to be more careful about putting my feet up. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#138 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

I just wrote this in my other post, but I went to the OB today and BP is better & fluid level is where it was when I left the hospital on Friday.  I've been having random (but strong) contractions and I've been really mucus-y.  It's not chunky & plug-like as I've heard it described, it's just a lot of discharge which keeps making me panic that my water has broken (it hasn't).  So, for now, just bed-rest and waiting.....

My sister is here until Thursday, so I'd LOVE to deliver before she leaves.  After that, I feel okay waiting until my EDD (the 19th)....although that may change after a few more days on bedrest.

(btw- I'm totally cheating at bedrest.  I figure I'm just trying to keep my blood pressure down, NOT trying to keep the baby in.  So I've been doing things around the house as long as they're not stressing my body too much.  My OB just rolled her eyes.  I'm really bad at bedrest.)

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#139 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 12:23 PM

Glad to hear your BP is better, Jessica. What a panic that OB caused. I've been having an increase in discharge and some (totally TMI) greenish bits for the last few days. No contractions though. The contractions are pretty exciting! Maybe it'll be sooner rather than latter for you.

Neuro: How did the kick count go?

Jcregan: I had prune juice after the birth with DD and I think it really, really helped to keep me regular until things normalized a bit.

Veganemma: I'm sooo tired too, esp. today. In fact, I'm having a little coffee now. This pregnancy has gone by fast. I have no reason to believe I won't go to or beyond my due date so I'm not feeling any pressure to be done yet. Although I am really, really excited to meet this baby.

We are going to meet DH to buy his new (to us) car today. The insurance co. of the person that hit him is being a little slow (should be sorted by tomorrow) so I'm trying to be patient and not stress about not having the check from them yet.

I got the labormate iphone app for fun. I figured it would be helpful for me to keep track of contractions if DH isn't around. Last time, he kept a spreadsheet which we still have and is interesting to look at. I'm sure he'll do it again this time as well.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#140 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 02:00 PM

greensad.gif my sister had her ultrasound pushed back because there are two techs out sick. so it will be another 8 days before we get to find out if it's a boy or girl. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#141 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfly View Post

Neuro: How did the kick count go?

It went okay.  I was at work and distracted, so it took longer than usual, but I normally do kick counts at 8:30 in the evening (after dinner), so I don't think that means anything.  I'm still feeling movement, and there's not a lot of blood.

#142 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 03:33 PM

I'm glad everything's ok.  I would have probably totally freaked out.

#143 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 03:46 PM

So sorry for you ladies who are constipated!  Oreos do it for me.  I agree, Jcregan, it's not fiber in prune juice, it's something else.  That's a miserable feeling.  I was so convinced when DD was born I would have an 8-pound log, and they would slap a hat on it and call it twins.  I was so miserable!

Katroska, that's unbelievable.  If I were you, I'd make as many plans as possible for the next few days to guarantee you go into labor.  ;)  I love Cara Cara oranges right now, but every time I peel one, my kids are begging for them.

Veganemma, 2 isn't so bad, but for all the grouchy.

Both my 5yo and 3yo had pee accidents last night, so we officially have NO blankets in the house, so the four of us (and I'm like the size of the space shuttle) slept in our little twin bed last night.  My kids are so crazy right now.  I'm trying to pay more attention to them and complete a couple projects for them (a scrapbook for DS and a scarf I'm knitting for DD), so finding out about the c/s Thursday was kind of a shock.  I have so many things to do first!  And DD painted on the wall while i was heating up lunch.  She's 5.  She's totally acting out.  Those of you with lots of kids, how do you handle it when your kids go crazy right before birth?  And DD feels so badly.  I think she's a little low on impulse control right now.  Me too!

#144 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 03:49 PM

BTW veganemma, I've been eating like a cow.  I've put on 17 pounds this pregnancy, 3 of which I gained in the last week!

Jessica, take care of yourself!  I'm glad you and the OB are on the same page.

Marissa, that sucks.  :(  Seems like the plague is going around right now.

#145 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Yeah, there's actually some sort of chemical in prune juice that makes your intestines contract.

Serious allergy issues here.  Took a Zyrtec last night and it helped a little.  But today I felt more like I had a cold than allergies.  Bleck.  I don't want to feel like this and have a baby!  Started taking a bunch of vit C and drinking ginger tea.  We'll see what happens.

Also feeling grumpy today.  My emotions had been pretty stable and happy for a while, but now, not so much.  Don't really want to go into labor with a foul attitude either!  I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.

#146 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 04:36 PM

I got the labormate iphone app for fun. I figured it would be helpful for me to keep track of contractions if DH isn't around. Last time, he kept a spreadsheet which we still have and is interesting to look at. I'm sure he'll do it again this time as well.

I just installed the iphone app "full term."  It's free & looks nice for keeping track of contractions.

#147 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 04:43 PM

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good and agile in the daytimes. Evenings I feel huge and swollen and crampy. No real contractions yet, but lots of BH and lots of big feet and elbows out movements and scrabbly hands right down under my pubic bone. My belly's smaller this time, but I'm sure the baby is bigger.  DD was born at 39 weeks and I'm having a hard time waiting.....feeling emotional and tired, easy to tears. Doesn't help that DD is getting her 2 year molars and wants to nurse again every day, which is just too painful for me right now. I've told her she can start again when my milk comes back in. She's obsessed with boobs all of a sudden and even tried to nurse on her grandma last week!

Nice to know I'm not alone in the waiting game! smile.gif

Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011
#148 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM

ROFL, Lyss!  I laughed so hard at the comment about "slap a hat on it and call it twins" that my mom made me tell her what was so funny.

I'm actually not constipated now--of course, being gluten-free has definitely had a positive effect on that, not only because it was screwing up my system in general but because it's led to us eating a lot fewer refined carbs.  For example, the gluten-free version of Oreos is pretty tolerable but painfully expensive.  Heh.  So I binge on box-mix brownies.  I remember how horrendous it was after DD was born, though--how I described it at the time was that my "pushers" were traumatized and didn't want to work--pushing was a fairly horrendous experience last time, which was a huge disappointment, I gotta say.  What I am having trouble with, though, is that I swear my pelvis has basically given up the ghost and now my poor crotch is trying to hold up roughly seven pounds of baby, so it takes my system a little time to work things around the skull that's sitting on my rectum. irked.gif

You'll have to do better to impress me with your weight gain, though, Lyss.  I started at 112 lbs (still including nursing weight, at that time) and have gained 43 pounds, including a ten pound spurt in two weeks a while back and four pounds in a week last week.  I know people who have gained more, but it doesn't help that my six foot DH and I now weigh the same thing. 

My mother decided that I was such a wreck that she was just going to stay for the duration, because baby in or baby out, I'm a total wreck.  I can hardly walk, and it feels like someone's sucked the oxygen out of my air.  She's been cleaning and cooking and playing with DD while I basically lie around because I'm too uncomfortable and trippy-feeling to read or play games or watch movies--I just can't concentrate on a damn thing.  Me, I could probably be an obedient patient for bed rest right now, but good lord am I glad to have no reason--I'm so sorry for the scares people are having!

So tomorrow is my due date, and tonight I'm going to eat romaine salad with dinner and have pineapple for dessert, and I already had my "walk" (the grocery store, which was about more than I could manage), because OMG I'm so ready for labor and as ready as I'll ever be to meet my son and besides all that I'm really, really ready to start the process of healing and recovering from 9 months of ever-greater invalidism.

#149 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 PM

And, insult to injury, during the days of prodromal labor leading up to my mental-health induction with her, I clogged the toilet in our apartment.  I thought I was in labor - I was having strong and regular contractions, and it was university housing.  It was the day before my due date, I was in my nightgown, barely able to stand up, couldn't really talk, alone, and the maintenance guy had to come in.  :(  It was seriously a disaster.  I don't recommend an 8-pound buildup to ANYONE. 

I have gluten sensitivity, too, but the opposite of constipation.  Hence the oreos.  ;)

#150 of 389 Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM

ps squrrl, I'm sorry you feel so badly.  Hopefully labor is around the corner for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page