March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! ******* - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
 
Marissamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've outgrown all my bras again. I started y first pregnancy as an A-cup, now I'm up to a D, and there's a good chance I'll get even bigger after milk comes in... I don't know what to think of the possibility of getting up to a DD. 


Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Marissamom is offline  
#182 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 AM
 
Neuromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The weather is creeping up towards 50 and I'm getting spring fever! ;) I'm trying to rip through my to-do list this week. My husband got the last of our homebirth supplies (except the tub) yesterday. We'll pick up the birth tub Saturday.

 

I started the insurance/maternity leave paperwork at my office this morning even though I'm planning to work up until I go into labor.   I will turn in as much as I can ahead of time.  I still don't know exactly how much leave I'll end up taking.  I'm estimating 6-8 weeks paid and 4-6 weeks unpaid.

 

It's going to be a long day.  This afternoon I see the chiropractor for my weekly visit, and then tonight I have the breastfeeding preparation class I signed up for.  I'm torn about whether to ask my husband to go.  I worry he'll be bored, and I know he's supportive of breast feeding already.  And he's been so great about the other classes and midwife appointments and everything.  I'm leaning towards giving him a night off.  ;)  I'm going to be exhausted when I get home around 10, I bet.

 

No more bleeding to report, and no other signs of possible labor that I've noticed.  My lower back aches a little and this morning I had my first leg cramp (mild, in my calf), but that's about it.  I occasionally have BH tightening in my belly, but nothing that feels like a contraction. 

 

Thursday and Saturday I have aqua aerobics.  I can't wait to get into the pool again!  That's all the exercise I'm doing right now (besides walking to and from the subway, and climbing/descending subway and apartment stairs).  I spend most of every evening keeled over on the couch while my very lovely husband makes me dinner.  I feel like a lazy bum.  ;)

 

More babies for March! Whee!


First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Neuromancer is offline  
#183 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 AM
 
Caterina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought for sure that last night was going to be it. I was feeling off and crampy (but no contractions except BH) all day then about 5pm got a huge burst of energy, did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, did the dishes and got my DH to clean up all the toys and vacuum the living room rug.  When I went to bed I felt like it would all start in the night, but all I got was 4 trips to the bathroom and a 3am shower to try to clear out my stuffy nose so I could sleep better!  This baby is sooooo low and feeling bigger than my DD, who was only 6 lbs even and a week early. I think because DD was a week early, I expect this one to be too and I'm trying to be ok with being pregnant for 1-2 more weeks. I'm just uncomfortable, really tired from terrible sleeps and so excited to meet this little one.

 

It makes me feel better to read about others' experiences and know I'm not alone! I have 2 friends IRL who were pregnant with me and one had a baby boy on the weekend, and the other just got some renos done on her condo and is not ready at all for her babe to come soon.

 

We just decided that we're going to get a bigger car in the next couple of months. Our Honda Civic can't handle our Britax Bouvelard rearfacing behind the driver since my DH is so tall, and we want to have DD on the passenger side since she's used to climbing in and out by herself..... we do have an infant seat for the first little while, but I know so many babies who hate them, and DD was so much more comfy when we moved her to the Boulevard. The thought of testdriving etc. with a newborn doesn't seem appealing. Maybe if this one stays in a few more days we can get out to look at some cars before he/she comes. 

 

And, DD just had her first sleepover at MIL's house and loved it!  I'm so glad it went well and that it's something that she can look forward to doing again, and that it had nothing to do with the new baby arriving. I so love my MIL. She's very aligned with our values and only lives a 10 min drive away. She's going to be DD's caregiver at our birth.


Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011
Caterina is offline  
#184 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 AM
 
jcregan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Neuromancer,

 

I would actually recommend taking DH to the class!   I thought it was really beneficial for DH to go to the class when we had DD, he was supportive ahead of time, but he was later able to remember a few tricks etc. that I forgot and it gives them a good introduction to the whole process, possible problems and their solutions etc.

 


Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
jcregan is offline  
#185 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 AM
 
katroshka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Caterina- it's great having family nearby that you can count on, isn't it? My mom, dad, and stepmom all live in town and they all want my kids to hang out with them all the time! Sometimes I have to put my foot down and remind everyone that they are MY kids, haha.

 

MarissaMom- sorry about your boobs, lady!!! I have gone from an A to a C and that's bad enough. Right after birth it does get ridiculous, but in my case at least I feel like it was pretty temporary and then my boobs started to get small again. Good luck!

 

I've been having mild contractions since last night but I am not letting myself get worked up over them. I will not time them or anything until I feel like they mean business!

 

I slept terribly last night, I had bizarre and really dark dreams, had to go to the bathroom 4 times (as opposed to my usual 2 trips), and kept dreaming/ half-asleep thinking that I was in very early labor and would be getting to active labor very soon. Oddly I am not as tired this morning as usual and have skipped my morning nap.

 

DD1 had a dream last night that we were all at the park and I had the baby there. DH and I have both had dreams about me having an unexpected home birth, but this one makes me nervous as DD1 has a bit of a track record of prophetic dreams, haha. I've been reading a bunch of unexpected home birth stories to calm myself and prepare in case it really does happen. I am starting to feel more at peace with the idea, as the stories have all ended up with healthy babies and happy mamas!

 

Still not feeling the birth-in-the-car thing, though...

 

 


Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

katroshka is offline  
#186 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
 
forest~mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marissa- lol @ Sesame Street orngbiggrin.gif . I've had a few funny (now) meltdowns recently myself.

I'm feeling pretty bummed again today but I'm working on keeping my chin up. I've had no new signs of labor and the ones I was having for weeks seem to be missing. I was thinking DD1 was born at 39w 6d, which she was, but the ultrasound dd had her born at 40w 2d so if I look at it that way, that's today for this one.

Anyone have really no contrax and then just spontaneously go into labor? Like I still have tons of cervical pressure which comes and goes all day, but only a few contrax. It's funny to think I've done this before but DD1 was so different. I had just few very mild BH then water had a good gush then days of contrax before she was born OP. It seems strange to think of just starting labor out of nowhere and having a baby a few hrs later!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
forest~mama is offline  
#187 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
 
RunnerMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

39 +2 today and sooo ready for baby to come.  Yesterday the weather was really nice I was feeling all energetic and patient and totally able to handle the thought of being pregnant another 2 weeks.  But then of course today I am totally spent, annoyed with everything and just so ready to be done.  So glad I have you ladies to vent to...  I'll get some contrax if I go for a long walk, but they never last long.  Other than that no signs of anything beginning soon.  Blah.  DS1 was 41 wks, but DS2 was 39 +2, so I have been expecting baby to come very soon. I really really hope something happens in the next few days! Just putting that intention out there in the universe :).

 

Good luck to everyone else- I love hearing about the new babies that are starting to arrive. 


Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
RunnerMommy is offline  
#188 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
 
Lousli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My newest one is 2 weeks old today.  Like her older sisters, she seems to spit up a lot.  My middle daughter had reflux, but I don't think Bea does, since she doesn't seem to be in any pain.  She just barfs a lot.  :?   So I'm wanting to bathe her frequently so she doesn't smell like spit up milk, but she is so dry and peeling, it doesn't seem like it is good for her skin.  

Sponge baths are helping in between, but it is hard to get in all the creases of her neck and to get her hair really clean.  How often do you bathe a baby this young?  So far I think she's only had 3 baths since we brought her home.

Lousli is offline  
#189 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
 
forest~mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I've outgrown all my bras again. I started y first pregnancy as an A-cup, now I'm up to a D, and there's a good chance I'll get even bigger after milk comes in... I don't know what to think of the possibility of getting up to a DD. 


That is a huge jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

I started the insurance/maternity leave paperwork at my office this morning even though I'm planning to work up until I go into labor.   I will turn in as much as I can ahead of time.  I still don't know exactly how much leave I'll end up taking.  I'm estimating 6-8 weeks paid and 4-6 weeks unpaid.


 

No more bleeding to report, and no other signs of possible labor that I've noticed.  My lower back aches a little and this morning I had my first leg cramp (mild, in my calf), but that's about it.  I occasionally have BH tightening in my belly, but nothing that feels like a contraction. 

 

You're so lucky to have all of that leave- I'm jealous. I was a SAH online student with DD1 so I didn't have to think about going back and pumping and such like I do this time. At least I just work part time so that helps.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterina View Post

I thought for sure that last night was going to be it. I was feeling off and crampy (but no contractions except BH) all day then about 5pm got a huge burst of energy, did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, did the dishes and got my DH to clean up all the toys and vacuum the living room rug.  When I went to bed I felt like it would all start in the night, but all I got was 4 trips to the bathroom and a 3am shower to try to clear out my stuffy nose so I could sleep better!  This baby is sooooo low and feeling bigger than my DD, who was only 6 lbs even and a week early. I think because DD was a week early, I expect this one to be too and I'm trying to be ok with being pregnant for 1-2 more weeks. I'm just uncomfortable, really tired from terrible sleeps and so excited to meet this little one.


I had a similar night a few nights ago- and I hear ya on the trying to be ok with being pregnant longer. Today I realized that if I went 2w over I would have an end of March baby, and I'd been anticipating a late Feb. baby for a while. I don't know why I did that to myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post!

 

I slept terribly last night, I had bizarre and really dark dreams, had to go to the bathroom 4 times (as opposed to my usual 2 trips), and kept dreaming/ half-asleep thinking that I was in very early labor and would be getting to active labor very soon. Oddly I am not as tired this morning as usual and have skipped my morning nap.

Aren't those nights awful? Then when you wake up you feel like you should be in labor!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunnerMommy View Post

So glad I have you ladies to vent to...  I'll get some contrax if I go for a long walk, but they never last long.  Other than that no signs of anything beginning soon.  Blah.  DS1 was 41 wks, but DS2 was 39 +2, so I have been expecting baby to come very soon. I really really hope something happens in the next few days! Just putting that intention out there in the universe :).

 

 

It's hard not to put expectations of when baby will come based on prior babes. An older woman at the fabric store today said she had a 39w baby, then a 42w baby and assumed the last would be later too. She had a 38w baby which shocked her.

 

I'll be sharing some of the labor vibes I'm getting IRL with all of you who are close or past "due".



 

 


aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
forest~mama is offline  
#190 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
 
forest~mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We had that with DD1 Lousli. They even tested her to make sure it wasn't some sort of major issue- it wasn't. I remember she smelled awful all the time and we had to keep the spit up out of her neck folds or they'd irritate her further. We had a gentle and knowledgeable chiro do some work on her and it did seem to help.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post

My newest one is 2 weeks old today.  Like her older sisters, she seems to spit up a lot.  My middle daughter had reflux, but I don't think Bea does, since she doesn't seem to be in any pain.  She just barfs a lot.  :?   So I'm wanting to bathe her frequently so she doesn't smell like spit up milk, but she is so dry and peeling, it doesn't seem like it is good for her skin.  

Sponge baths are helping in between, but it is hard to get in all the creases of her neck and to get her hair really clean.  How often do you bathe a baby this young?  So far I think she's only had 3 baths since we brought her home.



 


aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
forest~mama is offline  
#191 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Sandrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post

My newest one is 2 weeks old today.  Like her older sisters, she seems to spit up a lot.  My middle daughter had reflux, but I don't think Bea does, since she doesn't seem to be in any pain.  She just barfs a lot.  :?   So I'm wanting to bathe her frequently so she doesn't smell like spit up milk, but she is so dry and peeling, it doesn't seem like it is good for her skin.  

Sponge baths are helping in between, but it is hard to get in all the creases of her neck and to get her hair really clean.  How often do you bathe a baby this young?  So far I think she's only had 3 baths since we brought her home.


Ds has peeling/dry hands and feet. My m/w recommends putting olive oil or calendula cream. She als said that I could put a few drops of the Olive oil in the bath. I put the calendula cream this afternoon and his hands looked better.

 

Spit up here for the older girls were caused by food allergies/intolerances. Once i found the trigger food and stoppd eating it, they stop spitting up. It could be nothing and just be a laundry prob lol


 

 


Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Sandrine is offline  
#192 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
 
Marissamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying posting From my iPod for the first time. I figure I should give it a practice run before I'm upstairs without a computer for a week

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Marissamom is offline  
#193 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM
 
Marissamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I'm trying posting From my iPod for the first time. I figure I should give it a practice run before I'm upstairs without a computer for a week


the little touch screen is kind of a pain, when the time comes I don't think I'll be posting much, but at least I'll be able to post a birth announcement. 


Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Marissamom is offline  
#194 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM
 
wildnewmamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganEmma View Post

Hi ladies! Am I the only one who likes being pregnant and wants the baby to stay in as long as it wants? I am just really nervous about having to deal with 2. And I am 39w but I wouldn't mind going overdue! With my first I was counting the minutes until my duedate. I am excited to meet my baby and find out the gender, but I am in no rush! 


Yes- this is me too- I keept telling my husband it's a good thing I didn't start younger, I have it pretty easy when it comes to being pregnant.  I am also kind of nervous about having two under 2, and how dd will react when baby doesn't leave (she LOVES babies right now), but she has recently become more sensitive about things so I'm a little concerned about her, but I figure if we make sure she gets one one one time both with mommy and daddy she will be ok.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

Sara, I meant to say *queen* bed, not twin.  We have a beautiful king-sized bed in storage, but no room for it right now.  I'm really missing it, especially since I can't sleep without my U pillow.

 

 

The friend that was going to watch our kids during the c/s Thursday decided she was going to take them out of town to her sister's house, and her sister just posted on FB that her kids are puking.  I was in tears last night to DH because I don't want our kids out of town while I'm having surgery *just in case*.  I tried to explain to our friend that I am worried that something would happen to me with a 3rd C/S, and she TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY (she doesn't have any kids, but is great with them).  I also told her I don't want to get stomach virus and don't want the kids or the baby to get it.  And she told me it's not contagious . . .

 

I know she thinks I'm crazy, but the last thing I want to do is vomit and have diarrhea right after a c/s, LET ALONE have an ill newborn.  My kids LOVE her niece and nephew, but I don't think baby sister's birthday is the right time to take my kids out of town.  I was sobbing about it last night.  Child care is such a difficult thing for us.  Part of it is me - I don't trust anyone, you know?  And I get all weepy and clingy and get Special Snowflake Syndrome at the end of pregnancy where I feel like no one but me can do anything right for my kids.

 

So now I guess I need to make different arrangements, and it's so hard to find someone to stay with them all day.  Everyone works!  Ugh.  I thought we had it figured out, and now it's the last minute and I'm scrambling.

 

If she had just *asked* us instead of making plans, but now her sister doesn't have childcare and she's locked in.  I hate that everything feels so hard.  I try to be so generous about stuff like this.  I can't believe we're in this dilemma at the 11th hour.


I here you on the childcare issues- I'm stressing about what to do with DD depending on when I go into labor.  Like right now both of my parents will be here from tonight till Sunday night...wouldn't be a bad time to go into labor.  I'm ready but I'm not- would like lo to be an Aries, but he's welcome to come when he wants...I know it will be the right time for him.

 

 I'm also having childcare issues in general- our small town doesn't have many options, and even fewer that will accept a vaccination exemption :(  It's also SO hard to trust anyone else.  I even have a hard time with my MIL- I have to remind myself that while she's not my mother and does things differently she means well...and on that note my own mother can drive me crazy too, but that blood bond makes it different, LOL
 

It's not fun to have that stress in the 11th hour- not cool at all!



Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post

 

I am really worried about not knowing when to go in and having a fast labor. I've done some reading on prodromal labor, and it sounds like a precipitous birth at this point could definitely happen. And then when I read that you should go in when you can't talk or walk through the contractions.... I could always walk and talk through them until I hit transition. And with my second, she was born within 10 minutes of transition ending. And I don't want to be in the car during transition, that sounds awful!!!! So I am getting a little on edge about things. I am not at all afraid of labor itself, but I am nervous about giving birth in a car or at home by myself, things like that. If I had realized that things would be like this I probably would have looked into a home birth more. Depending on how things go with the birth my next one might be at home! That just doesn't sound so pleasant, either... I have no tub, just showers, no room, three dogs and two cats... arg. Look at me borrowing trouble-- we're not even 100% that we are having another!

 

 

This is me too- My m/w keeps telling me that this labor should be quicker- my first was 12 hours, not long but not short either.  Last time was a home birth, it was fantastic to go into labor, hang out at home and snuggle into bed after she was born.  Our first midwife has since moved away, so we went with a new one, who is an hour away.  Since we were in the middle of construction I was thinking it would be easiest to go to her birth center, an hour+ away.  As the constuction is wrapping up (although we won't have functioning new bathrooms until the ground thaws) I feel like I would rather stay home. It scares the crap out of me to think of delivering on the side of the road- and labor on the way doesn't sound appealing either.  This morning as I was driving a half hour + further away from where I will give birth I started worrying even more about going into labor, further away, having to pick up dd then get her and I back home to DH, get DD squared away, and then go to the birth center.  But at home last time my dogs were sequestered away, and they are BIG babies about that, I could hear them the whole time complaining and carrying on!  Oh and lol about the 100% having another- that's me too!

 


Lousli- I can't believe you have a 2 week old already, WOW!!  Good luck with the spit up- dd had that (later) but it wasn't fun. 


AFM- 38w4d - Had my m/w appointment yesterday- found out i'm GBS + which I hadn't really reasearched at all because it wasn't an issue with DD- ugh!

She said in terms of my signs I could go that night (which obviously I didn't) but in terms of him it could be a month!  He's presenting posterier and she said that they tend to go longer. Everything else checked out fine.  Have a massage appointment today, yippee...thank goodness I found a good and reasonable therapist!  Get to start moving into our addition now!!   DH actually parked in our garage the last couple nights- it's been full of supplies and a work space that neither of us have used it for months. All the moving might just get this guy to change his mind about when he wants to come :)

 

Good luck momma's that are ready and waiting!!


Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
wildnewmamma is offline  
#195 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
 
Lyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had an exciting 3 hours of contractions 4-6 minutes apart that petered out.  they were about 45 seconds long.  And I had to work at DS' co-op this morning and was on my feet for hours, and I was having sporadic contractions there.  I was *so* hoping everything was going to shake out after all.  And then when I just went to pee, my underpants and pants were wet through the size of a softball, but I don't feel like I'm leaking (and I haven't had a big history of peeing myself since I seriously cut down on the coffee).  It doesn't smell like pee?  So, hmmm. 

 

On my way out to dinner and then to pre-op.  I don't think baby is head-down.  I think she is bottom-down right now. 

 

Lousli, have you tried cutting out dairy?  My daughter used to puke a lot as a newborn (and I kept insisting it was VOMIT, not spit-up, but people kept telling me it looks like more than it is), and everyone kept telling me it was normal, and then around 2-3 months, she started having blood in her poop.  You could take a dipe to your pediatrician and have it tested for eosiniphils.  It's painless!

 

If we had caught it earlier, she wouldn't have had such an awful first year.  GL!

 

I can't wait to log on after tomorrow and see all the new babies!  I

Lyss is offline  
#196 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 06:02 PM
 
Squrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Maryland
Posts: 314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could be tonight.  I've thought so before of course, but I have some pretty sturdy, really crampy contractions, and even though I'm on my feet and not paying attention to them, they still keep coming.  A little distraction can be just the thing--my husband spur-of-the-moment invited a coworker to dinner because said coworker had been wanting to see his metal shop and is leaving the company and the state very shortly.  (Should be noted that this isn't nearly as inconsiderate as it sounds--I like to cook, and he knew it wouldn't be a big deal for me to make more dinner with my mom here to help, plus he DID okay it at lunch time.  Of course, he didn't call me to confirm until 8 pm when he was leaving work...)  Anyway, more bloody mucus, and some of the most painful cramps I've had so far, so that's hopeful.  When else in a woman's life does she get excited over bloody mucus and abdominal pain? orngtongue.gif

 

Everything was fine at the midwife's this morning.  I'm really lucky in my midwife, I think.  She's so laid back.  We discussed the nuchal hand possibility, and she found the front hand, but of course not both.  Either way, she's not worried, though she acknowledged that it might be delaying the onset of active labor.  Otherwise, baby's ROA, and has been flipping between that and LOA for a long time now, so that's fine and dandy. 

 

Sorry I'm not responding to anyone else's stuff, but company is officially here now (though of course in the shop) and dinner needs the last polish, so hopefully more time later.  Or, actually, hopefully not!  LOL

Squrrl is offline  
#197 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Banana731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: the wild Midwestern Woods...
Posts: 3,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

I've outgrown all my bras again. I started y first pregnancy as an A-cup, now I'm up to a D, and there's a good chance I'll get even bigger after milk comes in... I don't know what to think of the possibility of getting up to a DD. 



I know the grass is always greener, but I wouldn't mind a permanent move up from my A cups!



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterina View Post

 

And, DD just had her first sleepover at MIL's house and loved it!  I'm so glad it went well and that it's something that she can look forward to doing again, and that it had nothing to do with the new baby arriving. I so love my MIL. She's very aligned with our values and only lives a 10 min drive away. She's going to be DD's caregiver at our birth.



That's great! I wish we lived closer to family!



Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post

Neuromancer,

 

I would actually recommend taking DH to the class!   I thought it was really beneficial for DH to go to the class when we had DD, he was supportive ahead of time, but he was later able to remember a few tricks etc. that I forgot and it gives them a good introduction to the whole process, possible problems and their solutions etc.

 



ITA! When you are learning to nurse a baby an extra set of hands is super helpful.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post

DD1 had a dream last night that we were all at the park and I had the baby there. DH and I have both had dreams about me having an unexpected home birth, but this one makes me nervous as DD1 has a bit of a track record of prophetic dreams, haha. I've been reading a bunch of unexpected home birth stories to calm myself and prepare in case it really does happen. I am starting to feel more at peace with the idea, as the stories have all ended up with healthy babies and happy mamas!

 

Still not feeling the birth-in-the-car thing, though...

 

 



The car thing, not so much. I was at an accidental UC once. The only thing she regretted was calling an ambulance and going to the hospital afterwards!



Quote:
Originally Posted by forest~mama View Post

Anyone have really no contrax and then just spontaneously go into labor? Like I still have tons of cervical pressure which comes and goes all day, but only a few contrax. It's funny to think I've done this before but DD1 was so different. I had just few very mild BH then water had a good gush then days of contrax before she was born OP. It seems strange to think of just starting labor out of nowhere and having a baby a few hrs later!



I did with both of my girls. No contractions until the very first one, and then no stopping until the baby was there, both about 2 days (the first being early labor). This time has been different. I've had mild crampiness for the last week and a half or so, here and there. It's a big change for me, it made me pretty nervous at first!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post

My newest one is 2 weeks old today.  Like her older sisters, she seems to spit up a lot.  My middle daughter had reflux, but I don't think Bea does, since she doesn't seem to be in any pain.  She just barfs a lot.  :?   So I'm wanting to bathe her frequently so she doesn't smell like spit up milk, but she is so dry and peeling, it doesn't seem like it is good for her skin.  

Sponge baths are helping in between, but it is hard to get in all the creases of her neck and to get her hair really clean.  How often do you bathe a baby this young?  So far I think she's only had 3 baths since we brought her home.


We had awful problems the dairy in my diet with dd2. It was terrible on her by the time I figured out what it was, but no barfing really. dd1 was a pucker from very early on, but it wasn't painful for her or food related. My ped thought she basically just had a weak esophageal sphincter and the milk just came back up. It did get better when she began to sit up on her own and move a bit. We went through a lot of bibs!
 

 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

I just had an exciting 3 hours of contractions 4-6 minutes apart that petered out.  they were about 45 seconds long.  And I had to work at DS' co-op this morning and was on my feet for hours, and I was having sporadic contractions there.  I was *so* hoping everything was going to shake out after all.  And then when I just went to pee, my underpants and pants were wet through the size of a softball, but I don't feel like I'm leaking (and I haven't had a big history of peeing myself since I seriously cut down on the coffee).  It doesn't smell like pee?  So, hmmm. 

 

On my way out to dinner and then to pre-op.  I don't think baby is head-down.  I think she is bottom-down right now. 

 

 

 

Good luck, Lyss!


Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Banana731 is offline  
#198 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 06:04 PM
 
Banana731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: the wild Midwestern Woods...
Posts: 3,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AFM- I've got nothing left to do! Projects done, house scrubbed! I intend to spend the rest of my pregnancy relaxing and enjoying it!


Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Banana731 is offline  
#199 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
 
Mayfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good luck, Lyss! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything went.

 

Lousli: I can't believe she's 2 weeks old? Is she less sleepy?

 

Squrrl: I hope this is it for you!

 

Banana: My house was all ready to o but now has fallen into a state of disrepair, I have to clean again.

 

I had my 38 week appt. today. Everything looks good, baby is still hanging out mostly posterior and she suggested a visit to a well respected (in the local MW community) Chiro.. Any thoughts? I don't have a lot of exp. w/ chiropractors. I need to get serious about the spinning babies site. I've been so emotional, short tempered and tired today.


May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
Mayfly is offline  
#200 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 PM
 
forest~mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Go to the chiro May! They can make a world of difference if they are good.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
forest~mama is offline  
#201 of 389 Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM
 
Marissamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post


I know the grass is always greener, but I wouldn't mind a permanent move up from my A cups!

 



with DD I started at a A-cup, at the end of my pregnancy was a B, peaked at a D with engorgement, stableized to a C, then went down to a B over the course of a year. which is where I started this pregnancy. I'm only a 34, so finding bras in even a D-cup is pretty impossible unless I want to go to Victoria's secret (more than I want to spend on a bra that I'll only use for a couple of months). so I really don't know what I'm going to do for bras. I hate ordering because I don't like buying clothes that I haven't tried on (I'm kind of picky about fit). I'm also not looking forward to how saggy I'll be after I'm done breast-feeding. 


Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Marissamom is offline  
#202 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 AM
 
katroshka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

 

 I hate ordering because I don't like buying clothes that I haven't tried on (I'm kind of picky about fit). I'm also not looking forward to how saggy I'll be after I'm done breast-feeding.

 

Right? I ordered a couple of nursing bras from Gap, one makes me look like a 1960's Barbie doll (seriously separate, pointy boobs), the other is ok but the straps aren't adjustable and it is a little short for me. Which is weird since I am pretty petite.

 

And yeah, I really hate post-nursing sag... It took years to get rid of that last time, here I go again!

 

40+2 today. Was having more uncomfortable contractions last night as I went to bed, was sooo hoping to wake up in labor. No dice.

 

I was thinking about how I was early with my first two and now I'm late, and I realized it might be because I was GBS+ and this time I'm not. And here I was so happy about being GBS-!!! It's still a good thing, I know.

 

Now I'm kind of hoping not to go into labor today (at least during the day), because my daughters look so crazy... There school is named after Albert Einstein and today is his birthday, so they have a thing every year where the kids dress like him. So they both have gelled-up rats nests for hair and are wearing lab coats. Not the best for post baby pics, haha.

 

So tomorrow I have my midwife appt and will have to talk about options in case I get up to the 42 week mark, when I can no longer give birth in the birth center. There is still plenty of time but since next week's appointment will be so close to 42 weeks I want to make sure I am informed and ready by that appt.

 

I've never had to even think about this before- what does everyone recommend I ask about? What I know so far is that I can get my water broken at the birth center after 41 weeks (but I am not so keen on that), and that I cannot get any pitocin there- I'd have to go to L&D. I believe my midwife would go with me, but they have different and annoying procedures down there.

 

I figure I will talk to her about the membrane rupturing just to get her take on it (I was offered this by a different midwife), castor oil, and what happens if I end up going past 42 weeks and need to go to L&D. Don't really know what else to ask about.
 

 


Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

katroshka is offline  
#203 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
 
Neuromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post
So tomorrow I have my midwife appt and will have to talk about options in case I get up to the 42 week mark, when I can no longer give birth in the birth center. There is still plenty of time but since next week's appointment will be so close to 42 weeks I want to make sure I am informed and ready by that appt.

 

I've never had to even think about this before- what does everyone recommend I ask about? What I know so far is that I can get my water broken at the birth center after 41 weeks (but I am not so keen on that), and that I cannot get any pitocin there- I'd have to go to L&D. I believe my midwife would go with me, but they have different and annoying procedures down there.

 

I figure I will talk to her about the membrane rupturing just to get her take on it (I was offered this by a different midwife), castor oil, and what happens if I end up going past 42 weeks and need to go to L&D. Don't really know what else to ask about.

 


Sounds like you've got some good discussion points in mind.  Good luck with the plans!

 

I appreciated some of you weighing in about husbands at the breastfeeding class.  Ultimately, my husband and I mutually decided he needed to take the evening to get some work done, so I went to the class alone.  There were 7 women there, and three of them brought partners.  I took notes and shared a lot of the information (and videos on Dr. Jack Newman's website) with my husband when I got home from the class.  I felt that was enough.  I was the only home birth planner in the class, but the teacher did a good job of including information that would apply to me (not just hospital births).  She was neither super-crunchy, nor super-"managed care" about it, but very pro-breastfeeding, and overall I was happy with the class.

 

My calf cramp is still mild, but won't go away.  It's been about 24 hours since I first noticed it.  Do I need to be concerned about a blood clot, or would that be much more painful?  Right now it just feels like I over-exercised (but I didn't). 

 


First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Neuromancer is offline  
#204 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 AM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post


 

 

Right? I ordered a couple of nursing bras from Gap, one makes me look like a 1960's Barbie doll (seriously separate, pointy boobs), the other is ok but the straps aren't adjustable and it is a little short for me. Which is weird since I am pretty petite.

 

And yeah, I really hate post-nursing sag... It took years to get rid of that last time, here I go again!
 

 

HOW did you get rid of the sag?!?!?!?!?
 

 


Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#205 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
 
katroshka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

kaPOW- it never TOTALLY went away, but it just got a lot better after a few years. I am pretty small chested so that may be part of it. I only wear no cup no wire bras, don't know if that has anything to do with it, but there it is.

 

 

Dude, baby is seriously kicking me in the sternum right now. I've never felt this before, and I do not like it. This baby needs to get out NOW!


Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

katroshka is offline  
#206 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 09:10 AM
 
Banana731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: the wild Midwestern Woods...
Posts: 3,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post


 

 

 

Now I'm kind of hoping not to go into labor today (at least during the day), because my daughters look so crazy... There school is named after Albert Einstein and today is his birthday, so they have a thing every year where the kids dress like him. So they both have gelled-up rats nests for hair and are wearing lab coats. Not the best for post baby pics, haha.

 

 

...I figure I will talk to her about the membrane rupturing just to get her take on it (I was offered this by a different midwife), castor oil, and what happens if I end up going past 42 weeks and need to go to L&D. Don't really know what else to ask about.
 

 



Um no, those would totally be the the best post baby pics, ever. lol.gif

 

I would be wary of AROM, there is no coming back from that. Ask your MW about cohoshes (herbs, I think they use blue and/or black for labor induction).

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post


My calf cramp is still mild, but won't go away.  It's been about 24 hours since I first noticed it.  Do I need to be concerned about a blood clot, or would that be much more painful?  Right now it just feels like I over-exercised (but I didn't). 

 


You aren't spending prolonged amounts of time sitting without getting up or stretching are you? I know pregnany ladies are more at risk for that type of thing, but other risk factors still matter. It's most likely just baby taking some extra vitamins from you and increasing calcium/mag would help, or you just legitiamtely strained the muscle ( you are carrying some extra weight these days!). But it never hurts to ask your MW if you have a question. 
 

 


Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Banana731 is offline  
#207 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 AM
 
Neuromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post



You aren't spending prolonged amounts of time sitting without getting up or stretching are you? I know pregnany ladies are more at risk for that type of thing, but other risk factors still matter. It's most likely just baby taking some extra vitamins from you and increasing calcium/mag would help, or you just legitiamtely strained the muscle ( you are carrying some extra weight these days!). But it never hurts to ask your MW if you have a question.

 

 

I don't know... I have a desk job, but feel like I get up often. I'll give it another day and try to be more conscientious about it.  I do take cal-mag, but sometimes I forget to take a second capsule later in the day (timing it around my iron has been tricky).  I'll call my midwife if it persists or gets more painful, I guess.

 

I'm exhausted, y'all.  I haven't even gone in to work yet.  All I've accomplished since 7 is breakfast, internet browsing, and a shower.  And I want a nap. ;)
 

 


First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Neuromancer is offline  
#208 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
 
forest~mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post


40+2 today. Was having more uncomfortable contractions last night as I went to bed, was sooo hoping to wake up in labor. No dice.

 

So tomorrow I have my midwife appt and will have to talk about options in case I get up to the 42 week mark, when I can no longer give birth in the birth center. There is still plenty of time but since next week's appointment will be so close to 42 weeks I want to make sure I am informed and ready by that appt.
 


I was the same last night Kat- complete with lose bowels all day.

 

As someone else mentioned, I think I'd wait until the last possible minute- like 41w 6d before thinking about AROM. It must be a little stressful though to be faced with these decisions.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

 

My calf cramp is still mild, but won't go away.  It's been about 24 hours since I first noticed it.  Do I need to be concerned about a blood clot, or would that be much more painful?  Right now it just feels like I over-exercised (but I didn't). 

 

I had a really bad cramp one night in bed and it took 3-4 days before it started to feel better. Definitely pay attention to your body, but maybe it was just something like I had.

 

AFM- Ignoring dishes and making a blanket for baby this morning. Maybe if I let the house get messy I'll go into labor! Going to cut up a pineapple in a bit and chow down. No idea if it will do anything, but it sounds so good.
 

 

 


aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
forest~mama is offline  
#209 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Marissamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For a minute I though my water broke... nope, I wet the bed. though I must not have been completely voiding my bladder for the last few days, because I do have less pressure than I have had. 


Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Marissamom is offline  
#210 of 389 Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
 
rockycrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KC
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

39w5d today.

 

Had some serious contractions and pressure last night (like my cervix was gonna rip in half or something).  Woke up to contractions about 10 mins. apart at 3 a.m.  They lasted until about 8 this morning when I decided I had better get some sleep if anything was gonna happen today (thank you pbskids.org bag.gif).  Not surprisingly, they were gone when I woke up.  Oh well.....maybe tonight???  

Trying not to obsess (ha), but doing a lot of stair walking and squatting today.  

rockycrop is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off