Mothering Forum banner

March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! *******

13K views 388 replies 36 participants last post by  kaPOW! 
#1 ·
It's our birth month!!!!
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif

Who's going to be next????

See less See more
#152 ·
Hi everyone...

I am still surprised one week into March and there are only five babies born in our DDC? Where's Aily tonight, is that what she is up too?

Neuro, glad everything seems ok...my first was early though and it really caught me off guard...so you never know...but feel free to send some of those labor vibes this way if you like...Katroshka I am with you....my DD is Wed. and I am actually surprised I am still preggers...my MW's didn't seem to think I'd make it to my due date (and officially I haven't yet) because it's my third, and all the contractions etc....actually today I was really glad she didn't come because we had two feet of snow with blowing & drifting and there were points where we just couldn't have gone anywhere....it was a funny feeling to be wanting it, wanting it and then....oh no, not now please! But now we could get out so I am back to wanting it!!!!

Re: the constipation thing...TMI but my hemorrhoids are back and they really hurt and I am actually fearing their pain more than birth and I think it's making me constipated! I am trying to get them down to a dull roar with ice packs...I was really constipated before my second was born and when my MW checked me she was like "you've got "stuff" in there and you should try to go" and I was like "I have been for days!" So of course it came out when I pushed but at that point I didn't give a ....you know what! When I asked here "What could I have done" and this time asked my MW what could I do if it's like that again for me and she said a glycerin suppository but not sure that goes well w/hemorrhoids...sorry Mamas thanks for listening to my gross problems!

Thank goodness for this board...you guys are great!

Stella

#153 ·
ugh, i can't imagine so many people in such a small bed!!!! my son was having a lot of nighttime accidents the last few weeks, but that seems to have ended with his cold. yay. not fun for the pregnant lady, who's already getting up so much due to pee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

So sorry for you ladies who are constipated! Oreos do it for me. I agree, Jcregan, it's not fiber in prune juice, it's something else. That's a miserable feeling. I was so convinced when DD was born I would have an 8-pound log, and they would slap a hat on it and call it twins. I was so miserable!

Katroska, that's unbelievable. If I were you, I'd make as many plans as possible for the next few days to guarantee you go into labor. ;) I love Cara Cara oranges right now, but every time I peel one, my kids are begging for them.

Veganemma, 2 isn't so bad, but for all the grouchy.

Both my 5yo and 3yo had pee accidents last night, so we officially have NO blankets in the house, so the four of us (and I'm like the size of the space shuttle) slept in our little twin bed last night. My kids are so crazy right now. I'm trying to pay more attention to them and complete a couple projects for them (a scrapbook for DS and a scarf I'm knitting for DD), so finding out about the c/s Thursday was kind of a shock. I have so many things to do first! And DD painted on the wall while i was heating up lunch. She's 5. She's totally acting out. Those of you with lots of kids, how do you handle it when your kids go crazy right before birth? And DD feels so badly. I think she's a little low on impulse control right now. Me too!
hehe, i'm so glad i tracked that comment down after seeing this. toooo funny!

that's about where i was when i had my son, and where i ended up - weight wise. i managed to lose it all within 6 months or so. i started heavier this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squrrl View Post

ROFL, Lyss! I laughed so hard at the comment about "slap a hat on it and call it twins" that my mom made me tell her what was so funny.

I'm actually not constipated now--of course, being gluten-free has definitely had a positive effect on that, not only because it was screwing up my system in general but because it's led to us eating a lot fewer refined carbs. For example, the gluten-free version of Oreos is pretty tolerable but painfully expensive. Heh. So I binge on box-mix brownies. I remember how horrendous it was after DD was born, though--how I described it at the time was that my "pushers" were traumatized and didn't want to work--pushing was a fairly horrendous experience last time, which was a huge disappointment, I gotta say. What I am having trouble with, though, is that I swear my pelvis has basically given up the ghost and now my poor crotch is trying to hold up roughly seven pounds of baby, so it takes my system a little time to work things around the skull that's sitting on my rectum.
irked.gif

You'll have to do better to impress me with your weight gain, though, Lyss. I started at 112 lbs (still including nursing weight, at that time) and have gained 43 pounds, including a ten pound spurt in two weeks a while back and four pounds in a week last week. I know people who have gained more, but it doesn't help that my six foot DH and I now weigh the same thing.

My mother decided that I was such a wreck that she was just going to stay for the duration, because baby in or baby out, I'm a total wreck. I can hardly walk, and it feels like someone's sucked the oxygen out of my air. She's been cleaning and cooking and playing with DD while I basically lie around because I'm too uncomfortable and trippy-feeling to read or play games or watch movies--I just can't concentrate on a damn thing. Me, I could probably be an obedient patient for bed rest right now, but good lord am I glad to have no reason--I'm so sorry for the scares people are having!

So tomorrow is my due date, and tonight I'm going to eat romaine salad with dinner and have pineapple for dessert, and I already had my "walk" (the grocery store, which was about more than I could manage), because OMG I'm so ready for labor and as ready as I'll ever be to meet my son and besides all that I'm really, really ready to start the process of healing and recovering from 9 months of ever-greater invalidism.
awe, no such things as TMI in my opinion. except for TOS stuff around these parts, i guess. Sorry you're in pain :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNuova View Post

Hi everyone...

I am still surprised one week into March and there are only five babies born in our DDC? Where's Aily tonight, is that what she is up too?

Neuro, glad everything seems ok...my first was early though and it really caught me off guard...so you never know...but feel free to send some of those labor vibes this way if you like...Katroshka I am with you....my DD is Wed. and I am actually surprised I am still preggers...my MW's didn't seem to think I'd make it to my due date (and officially I haven't yet) because it's my third, and all the contractions etc....actually today I was really glad she didn't come because we had two feet of snow with blowing & drifting and there were points where we just couldn't have gone anywhere....it was a funny feeling to be wanting it, wanting it and then....oh no, not now please! But now we could get out so I am back to wanting it!!!!

Re: the constipation thing...TMI but my hemorrhoids are back and they really hurt and I am actually fearing their pain more than birth and I think it's making me constipated! I am trying to get them down to a dull roar with ice packs...I was really constipated before my second was born and when my MW checked me she was like "you've got "stuff" in there and you should try to go" and I was like "I have been for days!" So of course it came out when I pushed but at that point I didn't give a ....you know what! When I asked here "What could I have done" and this time asked my MW what could I do if it's like that again for me and she said a glycerin suppository but not sure that goes well w/hemorrhoids...sorry Mamas thanks for listening to my gross problems!

Thank goodness for this board...you guys are great!

Stella
I don't want to go to work!

#155 ·
My midwife just left. She had me do the GBS swab (results should be back by Friday). She heard a heartbeat, felt that the baby is head down (and got a kick out of him in the process), told me I'm measuring right on, and deemed my blood pressure acceptable. So we're not worrying about the bleeding (which is pretty much gone by now). She said it was probably capillary blood from the cervix and may even have been caused by his head dropping a little.

I hope those of you who are feeling ready go into labor now Now NOW! ;)

p.s. kaPOW! -- I don't want to go to work, either. But I'd better... My boss said jokingly yesterday I have one more project to finish before I'm allowed to have the baby.

#157 ·
Quote:

ps squrrl, I'm sorry you feel so badly. Hopefully labor is around the corner for you!

Ditto- I hope it's around the corner for all of us who are "due"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

Also feeling grumpy today. My emotions had been pretty stable and happy for a while, but now, not so much. Don't really want to go into labor with a foul attitude either! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.

Yesterday I was so grumpy too, and actually kinda depressed. It was my due date and I just didn't think I'd make it there with the past 3w of prodromal stuff. DH got me out of the house in the afternoon and it made me feel much better. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNuova View Post
TMI but my hemorrhoids are back and they really hurt and I am actually fearing their pain more than birth and I think it's making me constipated! I am trying to get them down to a dull roar with ice packs...I was really constipated before my second was born and when my MW checked me she was like "you've got "stuff" in there and you should try to go" and I was like "I have been for days!" So of course it came out when I pushed but at that point I didn't give a ....you know what! When I asked here "What could I have done" and this time asked my MW what could I do if it's like that again for me and she said a glycerin suppository but not sure that goes well w/hemorrhoids...sorry Mamas thanks for listening to my gross problems!

Is there such a thing as TMI in here? :D I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I had them horribly last pg and now actually have large "skin tags" left from them that I've read won't go away without surgery. My midwife assured me they are very common, but I fear one of the tearing during birth-yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post

Just wanted to encourage everyone that it will be your turn really soon!!!

I can't wait to hear about all the babies!

Thanks Sand- I'm happy at least a few of us are snuggling babes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

My midwife just left. She had me do the GBS swab (results should be back by Friday). She heard a heartbeat, felt that the baby is head down (and got a kick out of him in the process), told me I'm measuring right on, and deemed my blood pressure acceptable. So we're not worrying about the bleeding (which is pretty much gone by now). She said it was probably capillary blood from the cervix and may even have been caused by his head dropping a little.

Glad everything is ok Neuro- that stuff can be worrisome.

AFM- 40w 1d (can you tell I'm counting at this point) and feeling nothing today. Last night I started feeling really off- kinda of indigestion but not, gassy, butterflies and cervical stretching. I told DH it could be something but might just be another stepping stone. I went to bed at 10 (about an hr late for me) and proceeded to be kept awake for 2hrs by my super mellow baby for the first time ever this pg. She has never ever moved like that- she was kicking and rolling her back like crazy and I was having mild contrax fairly close together.

I finally got concerned about her because we are watching for changes in movement because of possible water bag leak. I got up and used the fetoscope to count her hb and it was about 150bpm-fine. Went back to bed and finally got to sleep thinking maybe this was it- she was obviously trying to get in a good position for something! Well today nothing so far- oh well. Hopefully that was a move toward laboring soon.

We still haven't heard from Ailly huh?

#158 ·
super tired today. I'm so going to get back into my jammies....

I finished some of the projects I had been wanting to, so after dh hangs up the baby hammock I'm done with all the baby prep. No labor until mom gets here on the 15th though, that's what I'm going for!

#159 ·
I better have this baby soon. I'm completely out of patience with DD. I don't know what her deal has been the last few days, but she spends half the time her dad is gone just screaming at me.

#160 ·
Hi ladies! Am I the only one who likes being pregnant and wants the baby to stay in as long as it wants? I am just really nervous about having to deal with 2. And I am 39w but I wouldn't mind going overdue! With my first I was counting the minutes until my duedate. I am excited to meet my baby and find out the gender, but I am in no rush!

#161 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganEmma View Post

Hi ladies! Am I the only one who likes being pregnant and wants the baby to stay in as long as it wants? I am just really nervous about having to deal with 2. And I am 39w but I wouldn't mind going overdue! With my first I was counting the minutes until my duedate. I am excited to meet my baby and find out the gender, but I am in no rush!
Me!! I love being pregnant, and am petrified at havign a newborn and two year old, but I am definitely excited to meet this little one!

Due date is today, and although I didn't expect baby to arrive today (my first was 10 days late), I was hopeful. I want to meet this baby and see what sex they are and get to know them, but know part of me is all done with work and I just really want to start my mat leave (measly 2 months, but still)! Some very mild cramping and the occasional painless contraction, but nothing other than that. I am so hoping to go into labor with this little one rather than PROM and pitocin as with my daughter!

Hope to see more babies soon though (including mine!)....love the birth stories!

#162 ·
Quote:

with my first I loved being pregnant, and wanted her to stay put. this time I've pretty much hated being pregnant the whole time, just a much harder pregnancy on me physically and emotionally and I'm ready to be done feeling like this.

#163 ·
Sara, I meant to say *queen* bed, not twin. We have a beautiful king-sized bed in storage, but no room for it right now. I'm really missing it, especially since I can't sleep without my U pillow.

Vegan Emma and Camille, so glad you're enjoying pregnancy. I actually feel well enough that I could keep going. I'm getting my tubes tied, so I know this is the last couple days of pregnancy ever.

ForestMama, Oh I hope you go soon. Glad you got out and felt a little better.

I finished a giant stack of mending last night but I have so much to do tonight and tomorrow night.

The friend that was going to watch our kids during the c/s Thursday decided she was going to take them out of town to her sister's house, and her sister just posted on FB that her kids are puking. I was in tears last night to DH because I don't want our kids out of town while I'm having surgery *just in case*. I tried to explain to our friend that I am worried that something would happen to me with a 3rd C/S, and she TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY (she doesn't have any kids, but is great with them). I also told her I don't want to get stomach virus and don't want the kids or the baby to get it. And she told me it's not contagious . . .

I know she thinks I'm crazy, but the last thing I want to do is vomit and have diarrhea right after a c/s, LET ALONE have an ill newborn. My kids LOVE her niece and nephew, but I don't think baby sister's birthday is the right time to take my kids out of town. I was sobbing about it last night. Child care is such a difficult thing for us. Part of it is me - I don't trust anyone, you know? And I get all weepy and clingy and get Special Snowflake Syndrome at the end of pregnancy where I feel like no one but me can do anything right for my kids.

So now I guess I need to make different arrangements, and it's so hard to find someone to stay with them all day. Everyone works! Ugh. I thought we had it figured out, and now it's the last minute and I'm scrambling.

If she had just *asked* us instead of making plans, but now her sister doesn't have childcare and she's locked in. I hate that everything feels so hard. I try to be so generous about stuff like this. I can't believe we're in this dilemma at the 11th hour.

#164 ·
It's my due date! I can't believe I made it this far, I really, really can't. As far as loving pregnancy... yeah, not so much. I enjoy the second trimester, after you can regularly feel the baby kick but aren't yet huge and super uncomfortable. That's about it. I will say I was not this anxious to have my second baby, when my first was only 15 months old. But I really can't stand the last few weeks of pregnancy, and this is not just the longest, but the worst.

ForestMama, I totally feel you.

Baby feels soooo low I can't believe it. I have to spread my legs quite a bit just to sit up straight, which is new. She also feels really big in there, I am starting to get a bit nervous about pushing out a big baby! My others were 7 lb 7 oz and 7 lb 1 oz, and both were born at 38 weeks, so I am pretty sure this one will be a lot bigger. Here's hoping I'm wrong and I have another 7 pounder! At 37 weeks my midwife thought she was about 6 3/4 lbs, she seems to take up SO MUCH MORE SPACE now.

I am really worried about not knowing when to go in and having a fast labor. I've done some reading on prodromal labor, and it sounds like a precipitous birth at this point could definitely happen. And then when I read that you should go in when you can't talk or walk through the contractions.... I could always walk and talk through them until I hit transition. And with my second, she was born within 10 minutes of transition ending. And I don't want to be in the car during transition, that sounds awful!!!! So I am getting a little on edge about things. I am not at all afraid of labor itself, but I am nervous about giving birth in a car or at home by myself, things like that. If I had realized that things would be like this I probably would have looked into a home birth more. Depending on how things go with the birth my next one might be at home! That just doesn't sound so pleasant, either... I have no tub, just showers, no room, three dogs and two cats... arg. Look at me borrowing trouble-- we're not even 100% that we are having another!

#165 ·
Wow Lyss, that's just....not okay. I'm so sorry that you're in this situation. Argh, I wish I could help!

So, I'm having a really frustrating day (which, I'm sure, isn't helping my blood pressure). My sister is here until Thursday and I'm sort of stressing because I'd REALLY like her to be here when the baby is born. She offered to come down when I was told that I WAS having the baby Thursday night, and now she's just....here. She's been really helpful with the kids, but I just really want her here for the birth.

Then I called the company that handles our short-term disability to tell them that I was on bedrest and they weren't particularly helpful at all and the lady got huffy when I told her that I didn't know the dr's fax number. She basically said "well, call back when you have it and we can get the process started". Fine. So, I call the dr's office and the nurse doesn't see anywhere in my file that I'm on bedrest. So now there's an email put out to my OB to get confirmation, I have to fill out a release for my records and the nurse told ME to get the forms to them so they could fax them. Wait.....aren't I supposed to be on bedrest to lower my blood pressure?????

#166 ·
Nah, I'm happy to stay pregnant for as long as possible too. I haven't prepared much at all, at home. And, I'd like to have some time off of work before the baby comes. i'd love to go 40+ weeks. I was 41.5 weeks with my first son before I was induced. I keep catching myself assuming that I will go that long this time, though in reality I have no idea. I keep hoping!

Quote:

#167 ·
You were posting at the same time as me, Lyss... so sorry to hear about your troubles, that sucks!!! I would be upset, too, and don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Who wants their kids to be far away at such a time? And who wants their kids staying with people who have a stomach bug? Bringing it home would just be icing on your cake. Good luck, I really hope you can figure something out!

#168 ·
I missed all these comments when I replied last, somehow.

Oh, thank goodness! I was miserable for you in that twin bed! What an awful turn of events for Thursday :( I get you on the childcare thing, it is SO hard! <hug>

Quote:

Sara, I meant to say *queen* bed, not twin. We have a beautiful king-sized bed in storage, but no room for it right now. I'm really missing it, especially since I can't sleep without my U pillow.

Vegan Emma and Camille, so glad you're enjoying pregnancy. I actually feel well enough that I could keep going. I'm getting my tubes tied, so I know this is the last couple days of pregnancy ever.

ForestMama, Oh I hope you go soon. Glad you got out and felt a little better.

I finished a giant stack of mending last night but I have so much to do tonight and tomorrow night.

The friend that was going to watch our kids during the c/s Thursday decided she was going to take them out of town to her sister's house, and her sister just posted on FB that her kids are puking. I was in tears last night to DH because I don't want our kids out of town while I'm having surgery *just in case*. I tried to explain to our friend that I am worried that something would happen to me with a 3rd C/S, and she TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY (she doesn't have any kids, but is great with them). I also told her I don't want to get stomach virus and don't want the kids or the baby to get it. And she told me it's not contagious . . .

I know she thinks I'm crazy, but the last thing I want to do is vomit and have diarrhea right after a c/s, LET ALONE have an ill newborn. My kids LOVE her niece and nephew, but I don't think baby sister's birthday is the right time to take my kids out of town. I was sobbing about it last night. Child care is such a difficult thing for us. Part of it is me - I don't trust anyone, you know? And I get all weepy and clingy and get Special Snowflake Syndrome at the end of pregnancy where I feel like no one but me can do anything right for my kids.

So now I guess I need to make different arrangements, and it's so hard to find someone to stay with them all day. Everyone works! Ugh. I thought we had it figured out, and now it's the last minute and I'm scrambling.

If she had just *asked* us instead of making plans, but now her sister doesn't have childcare and she's locked in. I hate that everything feels so hard. I try to be so generous about stuff like this. I can't believe we're in this dilemma at the 11th hour.
dang! Glad you caught the omission on the record so early on in the process though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post

Wow Lyss, that's just....not okay. I'm so sorry that you're in this situation. Argh, I wish I could help!

So, I'm having a really frustrating day (which, I'm sure, isn't helping my blood pressure). My sister is here until Thursday and I'm sort of stressing because I'd REALLY like her to be here when the baby is born. She offered to come down when I was told that I WAS having the baby Thursday night, and now she's just....here. She's been really helpful with the kids, but I just really want her here for the birth.

Then I called the company that handles our short-term disability to tell them that I was on bedrest and they weren't particularly helpful at all and the lady got huffy when I told her that I didn't know the dr's fax number. She basically said "well, call back when you have it and we can get the process started". Fine. So, I call the dr's office and the nurse doesn't see anywhere in my file that I'm on bedrest. So now there's an email put out to my OB to get confirmation, I have to fill out a release for my records and the nurse told ME to get the forms to them so they could fax them. Wait.....aren't I supposed to be on bedrest to lower my blood pressure?????

#169 ·
Lyss- Sorry you're having to deal with such a stressful situation! I hope you guys can figure something out.

Squrrl-I feel you!!! Fingers crossed for both of us.

I wanna have this baby! I had a good appointment with my midwife yesterday. She said all my contractions sounded encouraging, but that the baby's head wasn't very low. She suggested I do some belly lifting during the random contractions I've been getting to try to get the head down in the pelvis. I feel like the baby may be a little lower today, but I'm still not feeling much pressure on my cervix.

I had four strong contractions in a row last night around 3 a.m., but of course they stopped. Which was probably good because I needed some sleep.

And then of course DD woke up with a fever this morning, so we're both vying for position on the couch today.

#170 ·
Lyss- You decided to go ahead with the scheduled c/s? Is your dh going home with them while you stay overnight? If that's the case, it possible to find someone to watch them at the hopsital in the family waiting room or a park by the hospital for a couple of hours, just while you are in surgery and recovery with dh?

I'd like to go at least 40 weeks myself, Emma. I typically always have more that I'd like to get done before the baby comes, and I make small babies to boot. I feel like they need that time in utero! This is really the first time I've gotten it all done in time. My mom is coming 5 days before my actual EDD, which is stressing me out. I'm hoping that it helps keep baby in!

#171 ·
I want to post more but will have to wait until I'm on my computer not phone. I just wanted to say that my reasoning for wanting baby out now is that my leave (6w) started yesterday. I was just getting too uncomfortable at my desk and walking back and forth, and with the prodromal stuff I thought I'd have baby by now. I hate the thought of missing weeks with her at the end, so I want her here asap! Having newborn is challenging, but I'm ready to start the next chapter and finish this one.
smile.gif

#172 ·
That is totally understandable!!! I wish you were able to take more time off :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest~mama View Post

I want to post more but will have to wait until I'm on my computer not phone. I just wanted to say that my reasoning for wanting baby out now is that my leave (6w) started yesterday. I was just getting too uncomfortable at my desk and walking back and forth, and with the prodromal stuff I thought I'd have baby by now. I hate the thought of missing weeks with her at the end, so I want her here asap! Having newborn is challenging, but I'm ready to start the next chapter and finish this one.
smile.gif

#173 ·
Quote:

smile.gif
it must be really hard to have such a small amount of leave available and have to start before baby arrives. the maternity leave situation in the US is ridiculous.

Lyss, I totally agree about the kids not being taken out of town and not being exposed to a possible stomach bug. I'm sorry you're having issues with childcare. I understand about not trusting a lot of people to take care of the kids. I'm really lucky to have a lot of family in town, and I have a couple of friends that I trust, but that's about it.

#174 ·
Hey! I figured out the multi quote thing! I'm so totally dangerous now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
My sister is here until Thursday and I'm sort of stressing because I'd REALLY like her to be here when the baby is born. She offered to come down when I was told that I WAS having the baby Thursday night, and now she's just....here. She's been really helpful with the kids, but I just really want her here for the birth.

So now there's an email put out to my OB to get confirmation, I have to fill out a release for my records and the nurse told ME to get the forms to them so they could fax them. Wait.....aren't I supposed to be on bedrest to lower my blood pressure?????
Yuck. Who needs that kind of frustrating BS right now? My sister wanted to come but she lives on another continent. I am REALLY regretting not having her here. Is your sister far away? And I hate all that paperwork. It all has to be signed, etc., and what 40w pregnant woman/mother with a newborn can take care of all that stuff? It seems so unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post

It's my due date! I can't believe I made it this far, I really, really can't. As far as loving pregnancy... yeah, not so much. I enjoy the second trimester, after you can regularly feel the baby kick but aren't yet huge and super uncomfortable. That's about it. I will say I was not this anxious to have my second baby, when my first was only 15 months old. But I really can't stand the last few weeks of pregnancy, and this is not just the longest, but the worst.

Baby feels soooo low I can't believe it. I have to spread my legs quite a bit just to sit up straight, which is new. She also feels really big in there, I am starting to get a bit nervous about pushing out a big baby! My others were 7 lb 7 oz and 7 lb 1 oz, and both were born at 38 weeks, so I am pretty sure this one will be a lot bigger. Here's hoping I'm wrong and I have another 7 pounder! At 37 weeks my midwife thought she was about 6 3/4 lbs, she seems to take up SO MUCH MORE SPACE now.

I am really worried about not knowing when to go in and having a fast labor. I've done some reading on prodromal labor, and it sounds like a precipitous birth at this point could definitely happen. And then when I read that you should go in when you can't talk or walk through the contractions.... I could always walk and talk through them until I hit transition. And with my second, she was born within 10 minutes of transition ending. And I don't want to be in the car during transition, that sounds awful!!!! So I am getting a little on edge about things. I am not at all afraid of labor itself, but I am nervous about giving birth in a car or at home by myself, things like that. If I had realized that things would be like this I probably would have looked into a home birth more. Depending on how things go with the birth my next one might be at home! That just doesn't sound so pleasant, either... I have no tub, just showers, no room, three dogs and two cats... arg. Look at me borrowing trouble-- we're not even 100% that we are having another!
Katroshka, I can't believe you're still waiting! It does sound horrible giving birth at home alone or in the car (or in the entrance to the hospital, etc.). I'm sure you will be more mindful about leaving earlier? It's hard to balance not waiting long enough and waiting too long. At least you don't have to worry about being turned away! Sorry you're so uncomfortable, and hope you are smelling that sweet baby smell soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

with my first I loved being pregnant, and wanted her to stay put. this time I've pretty much hated being pregnant the whole time, just a much harder pregnancy on me physically and emotionally and I'm ready to be done feeling like this.
I hated it at the beginning, but am feeling a little more indulgent now that it's nearly over. Although knowing I don't have to wait probably makes it better. A sideways, back-up baby is SO uncomfortable. From my hips to my belly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockycrop View Post

I wanna have this baby! I had a good appointment with my midwife yesterday. She said all my contractions sounded encouraging, but that the baby's head wasn't very low. She suggested I do some belly lifting during the random contractions I've been getting to try to get the head down in the pelvis. I feel like the baby may be a little lower today, but I'm still not feeling much pressure on my cervix.

I had four strong contractions in a row last night around 3 a.m., but of course they stopped. Which was probably good because I needed some sleep.

And then of course DD woke up with a fever this morning, so we're both vying for position on the couch today.
How far along are you? My DD has an ear infection and DS has a cold, so I know what you mean. But they get SO energetic at night. It's like little irritating tornadoes making messes. I hope the baby dropped down for you. It's frustrating not to have any control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Lyss- You decided to go ahead with the scheduled c/s? Is your dh going home with them while you stay overnight? If that's the case, it possible to find someone to watch them at the hopsital in the family waiting room or a park by the hospital for a couple of hours, just while you are in surgery and recovery with dh?

I'd like to go at least 40 weeks myself, Emma. I typically always have more that I'd like to get done before the baby comes, and I make small babies to boot. I feel like they need that time in utero! This is really the first time I've gotten it all done in time. My mom is coming 5 days before my actual EDD, which is stressing me out. I'm hoping that it helps keep baby in!
This is the first time I haven't had a desk job while pregnant. I think all of the activity of being a SAHM has made pregnancy much more bearable, and I think this baby will be smaller because I get so much more exercise. Why is it stressing you out your mom is coming? Hope you enjoy the time with no to-do list!

I am going to go ahead with the scheduled c-section. The childcare stuff is so awful. Our friend is going to take the kids to school in the morning, so if I don't get bumped by an emergency c/s, then surgery will be over by the time the kids go out of town. They will have fun and be happy. Our friend promises she won't take them if there are any signs of sickness in the kids. It really threw me for a loop that she made all these plans, etc., without going over them with us. I don't think she has any idea how stressful this all is, or how much I hate leaving my kids with people. DS is nearly 3.5, but he still puts everything in his mouth (beads, toys, etc.). My mom offered to fly out for a couple days to be here for the surgery, but it's so much money and I know I will really need her help when DH goes back to work. I'm just going to accept that I did the best I could to figure out the childcare stuff. It's not what I expected or wanted, but if this unplanned pregnancy has taught me anything, it's how little control I have over my life as a mother-of-2-soon-to-be-3!

Thanks for all your kind comments. She is generously staying the night Thursday and Friday so DH can be at the hospital, which helps a lot. The baby was head-down for a little bit yesterday, but then turned again sideways, which is SO uncomfortable right now. It really hurts my hips and my belly and ribs. Why she is back-up, hands-and-feet down, I can't understand. She likes that position! I thought about trying another chiro, but we have so much going on right now with DD's troubles at school, my working at DS's co-op, both kids being sick, etc., that it is just an incredible amount of work scheduling things. Just going to weekly OB appointments has been hard on us, and I've had to juggle stuff. We have a lot of friends that I would ask for small favors, but not that many that could fit two more carseats in their cars, etc., to help us out with this kind of stuff.

I'm looking forward to smelling that sweet baby smell and meeting this little one on Thursday. And getting my tubes tied. I can't imagine trying to get someone to stay with THREE kids so I could have a fourth! Maybe if we lived closer to family or something. But we're so far away.

Oops:

Quote:

I just wanted to say that my reasoning for wanting baby out now is that my leave (6w) started yesterday. I was just getting too uncomfortable at my desk and walking back and forth, and with the prodromal stuff I thought I'd have baby by now. I hate the thought of missing weeks with her at the end, so I want her here asap! Having newborn is challenging, but I'm ready to start the next chapter and finish this one.
smile.gif
I totally get it.. 6w feels really short. I hope you have her tonight!

#175 ·
Maternity leave in the US is lame! I read that we are on the bottom 3 for leave with like New Guinea or something. Crazy. The worst thing is that when I left Thursday I said bye to my boss and that I'd see him after a while. He said "yeah, see you in a couple weeks. Well maybe even a month, huh"? I thought he was kidding so I laughed a bit as I was walking out. Then I realized he was serious. Seriously clueless! My HR manager knows I'm taking 12w so I'm going to ask her to pass the message along to him. It's a bummer because I was going to see if I could take the extra time I'm missing with baby off since it's all unpaid leave anyway. Now I'm feeling like I shouldn't ask if he expected me back in a few weeks. I haven't even had the baby yet! Also, last Thursday when he said that his wife was 2w post pardum and he wastelling me how she was still having such a hard time healing and such. WTH?

#176 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

This is exactly how I feel. Although I have not practised my hypnobirthing at all, or even checked to see if my TENS machine works, so I should probably ask baby to wait at least another week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.