Positive Birth Affirmations - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any that worked for them or that they plan on using? Here are some I like: 

• The strength of my uterine contractions is a sign of my feminine strength.
  • I have grown this baby; I will push her out.
  • The power and intensity of my contractions cannot be stronger than me, because it is me.
  • My job is to simply relax and allow the birth to happen.
  • My body has a wide open space for my baby to descend.
  • My body is indeed beautifully and wonderfully made
  • Just as a woman’s heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth. ~ Virginia Di Orio
  • A woman's birth is her chance to hold hands with God.
  • 300,000 women will be giving birth with you today. Relax and breathe and do nothing else. Labor is hard work and you can do it. ~Unknown
  • The experience of labor and birth is a great gift.
  • I will breathe slowly and deeply to relax my muscles and bring oxygen to our baby.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#2 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post

Does anyone have any that worked for them or that they plan on using? Here are some I like: 

• The power and intensity of my contractions cannot be stronger than me, because it is me.
  • Just as a woman’s heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth. ~ Virginia Di Orio
  • 300,000 women will be giving birth with you today. Relax and breathe and do nothing else. Labor is hard work and you can do it. ~Unknown
  • I will breathe slowly and deeply to relax my muscles and bring oxygen to our baby.

These are great!  Thanks for sharing!  You've covered everything I thought of plus some! 

#3 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 AM

I know my hypnobabies program has a whole track of these.  I don't remember them from the first time.  But I do know that the Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations have been great.  I had a small panic attack when I thought baby was coming earlier than I would have liked, but I hadn't been listening to my cd, after I did I felt much better about the possibility of it.  Babies come when they are ready :)  And although I might not have been as ready as I would have liked, it reminded me that it WILL be alright.

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#4 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 04:44 PM

I've been listening to the ones on the Hypnobirthing cd (Mongan method) almost every night. I like a lot of them, and sometimes I repeat them aloud. You've got some good ones here.

Wife to great guy and mama to 2 beautiful girls S Oct 15, 2008 and Z March 22, 2011
#5 of 8 Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 PM

In my prenatal yoga class our teacher shared a fellow classmate's affirmation that she had included in an email about her (natural labor, sounded like a great birth) birth story and it was "I surrender with confidence".  I like that...it made me think of being able to give into the intensity of the contractions without fear but with strength yet without resisting them.....I hope she won't mind that I am passing it on here, but it kind of resonated with me and I am going to use it I think!  I also liked to think in my other births "relax into it...that is how you will meet your precious baby..."

#6 of 8 Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post

These are great. Thanks for posting 'em.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#7 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Those are great! I have used the hypnobabies program for my last 2 babies. You don't have to buy the whole program just to get the affirmations tracks. I believe for around $15 you can order the cd or mp3 files for the pregnancy affirmations and more importantly, for me anyway, birthing affirmation. I play it during early labor.

Good luck!
Sarah
#8 of 8 Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM

I kept reminding myself that "my mom did it, and hers did it and hers did it and on and on to the beginning of humans..".  Also, not sure if this counts but during the birth of my baby girl, my doula chanted with me "I can, I can, I can" through contractions.  The only watch-out is that it is pretty easy to add n't to the can and make it can't!  ha ha ha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page