My baby is here. 3/9/11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 03-13-2011, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After the first trimester I never really posted in our DDC a lot, but I lurked some...but still wanted to share that my son is now here. I am enjoying reading everyone elses birth stories too.

My son is Finnegan Garret, 8 lbs 1 oz, 20.5 inches born at 12:51 pm.

I was planning a vbac for most of this pregnancy but it just didn't turn out that way and my dr is pretty pro-vbac. I went in for the C-section Wednesday morning and I was so nervous. When the nurse got me ready in the little room I cried on and off because I was so nervous. I was being monitored and my stomach hurt because of my nerves and baby was causing so much pressure that it was uncomfortable and then I had a horrible pain in my stomach. The nurse came in and said I had a contraction which made me happy because to me, it was my son's way of telling me that he was ready to come out. Would I have gone into labor right then? I have no idea. I would like to think so.

I cried as I was walked by my entire "team" to the OR and walked to the center of the room onto the scary looking bed. They all did things around me like putting the thing on my head for my hair and the thing on my back for the spinal. My ob held me as I gripped him tight and buried my head and tried to think of my children and not the needle going in my back. And ob kept telling me, "just a little bit more and it will be done" and then it was done. I layed down and started feeling the numbness and tingly-ness kick in. But it felt weird. As I said, this was my second C-section but my first was done under such different circumstances that I felt different this time. I have also had one previous vaginal birth. I told them I still felt something and it felt uncomfortable. And they were asking what specifically I felt. I don't know if I conveyed it well but I think I felt the catheter going in. I was numb and tingly but still felt that. At some point someone told me, "The surgery has already been started. See that? It's already going on" And husband came in. Then they pulled out a baby and put him skin to skin on me. A while later baby and husband went to cut cord, etc and I don't remember the rest of the operation much but I do remember telling them that I had an aching in my stomach, something was bothering me. They said it was Pitocin. Funny, I didn't feel the incision or anything else during the surgery but I felt the Pitocin.

Overall I feel like it wasn't really a bad experience. I got an early discharge from my doctor so I went home after the same amount of time for a vaginal birth. I have given birth at another hospital before and liked this one much better and they are very mother and child friendly, etc. but my three main problems with being in a hospital were number one, constantly having staff in your room, you cannot sleep, number two, being scolded for napping with your baby in the bed, and number three being constantly asked if you want your son to be circumcized. The only parts of my recovery that were particularly nasty is that it was hard to urinate afterwards. But I have given birth by C-section and vaginally and have had a hard time urinating both times. Anyone else get that same thing? And I had side effects from the anesthesia like vomiting and some itching. The first day I actually felt really good with my C-section, like I could've done cartwheels. Now that I'm home I'm actually a little more stiff...but getting better!

Also, it seems when you have number 3 you don't really have a big line of people wishing to see you like they did the first two. It's weird. Like old news. My mother still hasn't seen my son.

But that's it...we're home, a fam of five now.

New baby is just so cute. We really love him. He's the best!185672_1752171056566_1607593153_31730551_561515_n.jpg

Mom to a girl 7.17.07 and a boy 5.30.09 Wife to husband 8.12.81 (ha) New baby boy 3.09.11 stillheart.gif
nocirc.gifribbonlime.gifslingboy.giffamilybed2.gifbfinfant.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 AM

I'm glad you posted -- and shared a picture. Congratulations and good luck/healing during your continued recovery!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#3 of 17 Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Congrats!!! He's adorable!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#4 of 17 Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 AM

congratulations!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 17 Old 03-13-2011, 05:43 PM

Congratulations!!  Sorry that you didn't get your vbac.  That is hard.  I hope you're able to enjoy this special time with your new babe!

#6 of 17 Old 03-13-2011, 06:39 PM

congrats! he's a cutie

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#7 of 17 Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Congratulations!  What a sweet boy!  Thanks for posting your birth story - I had a c/s too.  So different from the other birth stories - all bright lights and pulling and stuff.

Peeing is weird - I think it's because your bladder can finally expand and everything is shifting around.

#8 of 17 Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 AM

Your little guy is so cute!  Peeing is hard after a section - I think it was worse than after my other 2 vaginal deliveries. But everything seems trickier after a section. I never knew just knowing you needed to poo could hurt so bad. I think sometimes your bowels get shifted around during a section.. at least I know mine did. I am 13 days post-op and things have been calm for a while. But peeing still hurts at times.

I totally agree about how you feel about #3 we have not had a ton of company.. or well wishers coming by bringing dinner etc. When I had #2 I think we had meals at the house for almost a week straight!

Thanks for sharing your story!!!

Angie - mom to Allie 12/01, Ephram 07/09  and Asher 3/1/11
#9 of 17 Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 PM

congratulations! beautiful boy!

Wife to DH mom to DD(09-05) and DD(03/27).joy.gif

#10 of 17 Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 PM

Congratulations! He is adorable! joy.gifPeople are missing out.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#11 of 17 Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Congrats, he's so precious Mama!  Yes, I am with you on the hard to pee thing...this time I had to turn on the shower (faucet wasn't enough) for 15 min and blow, open-mouthed, on my thumb to go the first time, lol!

#12 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay! Congrats!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#13 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM

Thanks for sharing- very sweet smile.gif

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#14 of 17 Old 03-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Congrats!  I don't understand why each new baby isn't just as exciting as the first to everyone else.  Oh well, their loss, enjoy your babymoon!

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#15 of 17 Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Congratulations on your beautiful boy!  Third babies are special. :)

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#16 of 17 Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 PM

Congrats on your darling son! I hear you on the peeing thing... I about had a panic attack because I couldn't pee but had the urge to SOOO bad. When I finally did it was as much an emotional relief as it was physical. 

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#17 of 17 Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM

congratulations!  he's beautiful.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page