Fast Surprise Breech HB! Sebastian Cook is born! - pics and story added in post 22! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations!  Can't wait to read your birth story.  Love the name Sebastian-it was our first choice of name if we would have had a boy.  And my 3 year old told everyone that's what we were naming the baby even after we found out it was a girl.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 PM

You did a wonderful job!  I can so identify with your fear.  Lily's birth was so scary, too.  I need to write it out, but I'm not sure how, and am not ready to share it publicly.  You are very brave, and little Sebastian is beautiful!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 PM

Wow!  Amazing!  You're amazing!  Congratulations!  Great story, beautiful baby!

Old 03-26-2011, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone! I can't wait to figure out NAK so I can get caught up in the March and April boards!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:43 PM

Amazing job, mama! You are a warrior! Welcome earth side baby!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 PM

Wahoo Neuromancer! What an incredible story. Welcome, Sebastian! Kudos to you, your hubby, and your amazing birth team!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:09 PM

wow, that was riveting!!! and scary! and hopeful making!!! i'm so happy for you!!!!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 03-26-2011, 07:45 PM

Wow!  What an amazing birth story.  Congrats and welcome baby Sebastian!  Enjoy a well deserved babymoon!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:10 PM

Your a BIRTH star....wow footling breech...you are AWESOMENESS MAMA! Way to go....enjoy your baby moon.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 03-27-2011, 06:50 PM

Sebastian is darling. Congrats!

You certainly have quite the story. I am glad it all worked out. I hope you are resting with your babe. Would you do homebirth for the next one?

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Apparently, it was kicking.

Best line. Made me laugh even though I was scared (for you and baby). 

So happy for you!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM

Wowzers Neuro....you are incredible!  

Old 03-28-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post

Sebastian is darling. Congrats!

You certainly have quite the story. I am glad it all worked out. I hope you are resting with your babe. Would you do homebirth for the next one?

Yes!  I would do a homebirth again if we decide to try to have another child, BUT I think I would ask to have a late-term positioning ultrasound.   Because I never felt much movement late in the pregnancy, I'm assuming that he turned fairly early, some time affter my 20-week anatomy scan (when he was head-down).

Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM

ah, that is good to know. so, maybe my disastrous U/S at 32 weeks wasn't a complete waste. i've been kicking myself about that ever since they revealed the sex... but, at least it was a good position check. i've been counting on the fact that there hasn't been much movement to mean position is set.

how are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Yes!  I would do a homebirth again if we decide to try to have another child, BUT I think I would ask to have a late-term positioning ultrasound.   Because I never felt much movement late in the pregnancy, I'm assuming that he turned fairly early, some time affter my 20-week anatomy scan (when he was head-down).

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 AM

That really is an awesome story!!  Although I know it was really scary for you, I love hearing vaginal breech delivery stories!  They are so hopeful and just affirm that our bodies can do what they need to do (with a little help--but not surgery-type help!)!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone, for all the support!  This has been a great community for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

ah, that is good to know. so, maybe my disastrous U/S at 32 weeks wasn't a complete waste. i've been kicking myself about that ever since they revealed the sex... but, at least it was a good position check. i've been counting on the fact that there hasn't been much movement to mean position is set.

how are you doing today?

Sebastian is now six days old.  I know it's what everyone says (and I'm sure it's true for everyone who says it) -- my husband and I are so in love with him.  I've had a few worry-freak-out moments (jaundice + sleepiness, frustrations with the moby wrap, etc.) but think emotionally I'm doing really well.  My husband works from home and is a constant help and support. 

Physically, I'm recovering, too.  I overdid it a bit (walking) yesterday.  We had our first pediatrician visit, and walked around the neighborhood, and picked my friend's daughter up from daycare, and had friends over (who brought us dinner) and introduced the baby to our downstairs neighbors -- and today I'm sore and beat!  I feel like the ligaments or muscles in my lower abdomen and upper legs are super-weak.  But it's not bad.  I'm just taking it a little slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

That really is an awesome story!!  Although I know it was really scary for you, I love hearing vaginal breech delivery stories!  They are so hopeful and just affirm that our bodies can do what they need to do (with a little help--but not surgery-type help!)!

I love having this story.  It's not exactly that I'm "proud" of what I went through, but I agree that it's a testament to what the body can do.  I'm so glad it happened with such a happy ending so that I can get past the pain and disappointment and get to the empowering part.  And I shared the story with anyone who wanted to hear it among my friends, too, in the hopes that it would be a testament to that.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:00 PM

Neuro: I never liked the moby-too hot, babes never really liked them but I LOVE my Beco Gemini. Totally works for a newborn.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:06 PM

Wow!! That's amazing. I was scared enough just birthing my baby head first -- I can't imagine. Great job, Mama!

Rachel, wife to my beloved DH Rick; mama to my 5-year-old daughter, Kyrie, 3-year-old son, Antonio, and daughter Epiphany, born 3-27-11!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:44 PM

i told my midwife about your story and she was very impressed :D

Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

i told my midwife about your story and she was very impressed :D

I've had the most "fun" discussing my story with birth professionals.  Midwives and doulas seem to get so excited about a vaginal breech that it makes me feel "special" instead of just "unlucky in labor."  ;)  But, of course, I feel incredibly blessed by the outcome!!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats!!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 PM

Holy. Crap. Neuro!!  You're a rock star!  Seriously.  I would have been petrified.  Amazing.  And you should feel free to have repeated breakdowns when you think of your son's birth....I still cry when I think of both my baby's births.

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Your story has so many similarities to the birth of my son! (My first.) Also a home birth, very fast labor, husband running around to get things done, midwives made it just in time for my double footling breech birth, no tearing, and a perfect beautiful little boy! You must be feeling on top of the world! Huge congrats! You (like all women) are amazing!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:54 PM

You are my homebirth hero!  I had my baby at home (planned) and I agree - you just don't think about painkillers.  You think about one contraction at a time.  I give major kudos to your hubby for not completely freaking out, and to your doula and midwife for their support and expertise.  I did happy clapping when I read your story!!

~Carrie~
Merit Claire born at home, 9lb 8oz
Closet Seattle Mariners fan
Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDMayDay View Post

You are my homebirth hero!  I had my baby at home (planned) and I agree - you just don't think about painkillers.  You think about one contraction at a time.  I give major kudos to your hubby for not completely freaking out, and to your doula and midwife for their support and expertise.  I did happy clapping when I read your story!!

I have to give my husband credit, too.  Poor guy didn't get to do a lot of the "traditional" supportive things because there wasn't time, but he didn't let me know when he was scared and he later told me he only felt faint once.  ;)  He even took some (graphic) pictures of the birth that, though I don't want widely circulated, I sure am happy to have.  ;)

Old 04-06-2011, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

You (like all women) are amazing!!!

That's what I keep thinking -- women who give birth (no matter WHAT the circumstances) are amazing!!

User Tag List