Kennedy's Crazy fast Birth Story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Whole birth from start to finish 3.5-4 hours!!!!

Kennedy’s Birth Story

I was at home playing with my son, John John, when I decided to lay down on the couch and rest. At 4:05 I felt and heard a loud pop and thought to myself did my water just break?  As soon as I  finished that thought water gushed all over the floor.  As I run to the restroom, taking off my pants in the process, my son looks up at me and says, “Mom we don’t Tee tee on the floor, we tee tee in the potty!”  I couldn’t help but laugh!!  I cleaned up everything and called John and my doula, Kathleen to let them know.  Contractions started about 10 minutes later but weren’t that strong.  John came home and helped get John John ready to go to Grammie’s house.  Kathleen was going to start making her way to my house. 

After about an hour and a half my contractions were about 4 minutes apart lasting for about 45 seconds.  They were still manageable but I decided to get in the tub. Around 7:00 Kathleen, John, and I noticed that the contractions were lasting longer and seemed to start to get more intense.  We made the decision to get our things to go to the hospital.  As soon as I got out of the tub, got dressed and head towards the door everything changed.  The contractions started coming back to back, one on top of another.  We knew we needed to get to the hospital ASAP! At 7:35, John called the midwife to tell her we were on our way.  Kathleen and John were taking separate cars and we were going to meet there. 

After one contraction in the car, I felt the baby coming down.  I screamed to John that the baby was coming and that he needed to pull the car over now.  I started to panic thinking I was going to deliver my child in my car.  John pulled over threw out the back car seat and called Kathleen to tell her what was going on.  She came right to our car and got in to check to see if she could see the baby’s head.  She told John to drive, that we could make it, and that she was going to help me get through the contractions without pushing.  John drove 95 mph to try and shorten our 30 minute car ride to the hospital.  This was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do!  Kathleen talked me through every contraction and was breathing with me. 

With each contraction Kathleen would put pressure on my back while I braced myself with the handle bar on the roof of the car concentrating on not pushing.  At one point I reached down felt Kennedy’s head.  I looked at Kathleen and said, “this is not good.”  She could see just the top of the babies head at this point. John was driving and talking to the midwife as we headed down the road.  He had her meet us in the emergency turnaround ready when the car drove up.  It was about 8:00 when they got me out of the car and put me in a wheel car to take me in.  I only had on a sports bra and was completely naked.  My midwife was calm and collected but the emergency staff was in a panic.   They can deal with gun shot wounds but not a lady having a baby! HA! 

So the emergency doctor was trying to cover me up and in the process got the blankets wrapped in the wheel chair wheels and I yelled “get this off of me”!  All I could think was that he was slowing down me getting to be able to push.  I’m sure I shocked all the old people that lined the emergency room walls as they pushed me into the first emergency room open.  As they wheeled me in there was no bed.  The staff was shouting, “where’s the bed?”  Within seconds they had a bed in there and set me down.  I immediately started to try and push.  Man oh man….going from holding it in to pushing was rough.  I also wasn’t prepared for the burning sensation that followed when she crowned.  I pushed through it with the help of Kathleen and John “pushing” with me.  I pushed 3 or 4 times and she was out and on my chest.  From the time we arrived in the emergency turnaround to the time she was out was about 4 minutes.  We had made it just in time. After she was on my chest I just kept saying, “I did it!” over and over again.  Even though the labor was quick and intense I really got everything that I wanted without having to fight anyone.  I had an intervention free, non-medicated birth with wonderful, loving people around to support me.  This will be an experience John and I won’t forget.  We know for 100% that we wouldn’t have been able to do it without our doula, Kathleen.  She was our rock throughout the whole process.

SAHM to my DS born 12/5/07, DD born 3/21/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM

LOL at "we tee tee in the potty"! congrats! I hope everything calmed down a little after that. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#3 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 01:55 PM

What a great story! So happy you got the birth you wanted.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#4 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 PM

That is an awesome birth story! Congratulations!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 01:59 PM

WOW! What a story - with such a happy ending!!! Congrats Mama!!! 

#6 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM

Wow, I'm shocked you didn't birth in the car!  That was a major fear of mine this pregnancy.  Hooray for your natural, intervention free birth! :D

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#7 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Wow that's a crazy birth! Great story. Congrats!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#8 of 13 Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 PM

What an amazing story!! Congrats mama!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#9 of 13 Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 AM

What a story!  I am glad it all turned out great and you are happy with the crazy birth experience.  Good job!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#10 of 13 Old 03-25-2011, 11:43 AM

wow!  congratulations! I'm glad it all worked out and you had the intervention free birth you wanted.

Wife to DH mom to DD(09-05) and DD(03/27).joy.gif

#11 of 13 Old 03-25-2011, 07:35 PM

Congratulations!  That is an awesome birth story, and yay for a an intervention free, natural birth!!

#12 of 13 Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 PM

Wow, what a fast birth! Congratulations and welcome Kennedy!joy.gif

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#13 of 13 Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM

Congratulations!!  Amazing!  I can imagine you might have been glad you didn't give birth in the car.  ;)

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page