Introducting Sullivan Mohan Singhal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First the quick stats. Sullivan Mohan Singhal, March 29, 2011, 2:32pm. 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22 inches, lots of dark black hair, and dark grey eyes. Born via c-section, both he and I are doing great. Pictures soon.

Now the longer story. I woke yesterday around 5am in labor. I had about 8 contractions in the first 50 minutes or so. I woke up Dan and he called his parents to come watch the small ones. They got to the house around 7:30, we got to the hospital around 7:45, and apparently I looked like I was in extreme active labor. Got up to the labor and delivery ward, and decided to go for an epidural. They were pumping the first bag of saline in me fast and I got the epidural with only 1/3rd a bag in. In fact, they held off on a c-section to get the epidural in me. I was apparently dilated to 10cm when I arrived!

Baby was at station -2, and my water bag was bulging so the midwife popped it. Then we waited. Everyone expected the baby to arrive by around 8:30am. Baby did not want to move down the birth canal. We tried numerous positions, and other things to try to get him to move. My contractions were still strong and steady, at 1 every 2 minutes or so for 1 minute. At 2pm, he was almost to -1 station and not moving. So we decided it was time for the c-section. The fact I had to have another one kind of sucked, but he was not coming.

Baby boy was born via c-section at 2:32pm. It was really nice not having an emergency c-section, I was able to be awake for it since the drugs worked so no general, and I got to see him as soon as he was born. Dan and Baby Boy sat next to me for an hour while they sewed me up, before heading to the nursery to wash baby boy and warm him up after his bath. Apparently I had a lot of scar tissue from my c-section with Desmond, and the 45 minutes they were expecting to spend sewing me up turned into 2 hours, with them having to call in an additional surgeon for help!

Around 4:30pm I made it to the recovery room. Baby came and joined me around 6pm and nursed like a champ, once I got him to latch on! At 6:30 we moved to my room in the maternity ward. Baby roomed in with us unless DH wasn't there to help.  I left the hospital today, 1 day early, since I felt decent and I was ready to come home. 

Both Eloise and Desmond like their little brother, Eloise keeps climbing up her chair to look at him in the co-sleeper and loves to hold him.  Desmond is waiting on him getting bigger so he is more interactive and able to play, but likes him, even if he isn't that interesting yet.  Eloise insists on nursing when she sees him nurse, but since she latched on for less then half a second and is done, I figure she is likely to stop soon, I don't think she is going to start nursing again unfortunately.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#2 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 03:51 PM

Nice sized little guy!  Congratulations!!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#3 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Hope you recover well!  Take care of yourself and don't push it (not easy with 2 little ones and a newborn) so you don't make all that scar tissue again!  He sounds gorgeous and strong. 

#4 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 05:35 PM

congratulations!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Congrats Mama!  Welcome baby Sullivan!!!

#6 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM

congratulations!

#7 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Sullivan is a nice name.  Congratulations!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page