It's April, March Mamas! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hoping for the best, Sara!....my daughter was a 3/13 baby (and it was a Friday).  Also, I tried nipple stim to get labor going and asked about breast pump vs manual stimulation, and she said manual tended to work better.  I actually tried both because the pump is easier and manual stimulation definitely resulted in better contractions.

Aliy: I'm going to try cutting out chocolate too as I think that's been bothering Simon.....so unfair!!

I'm soooo envious of everyone's long stretches of sleep.  On the few occasions that Simon has had long periods, Fiona has been awake (she's two and still doesn't sleep through the night, and only wants mama).  It can be so tough...on a particularly crappy night my husband asked if he could do anything and I told him to go out to the garage and get a shovel and beat me with it!

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

good to know! i'll do both, it's nice to be collection colostrum though.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 04-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

42w2 days today and really, really want to have a 4/13 baby. please send as many woo vibes as you can muster. i had my chiro appt yesterday and am going to spend the day sucking colostrum out of my boobs (with a pump) to try to get things moving. come on baby!!!!

Come on, baby!!!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post

I'm soooo envious of everyone's long stretches of sleep.  On the few occasions that Simon has had long periods, Fiona has been awake (she's two and still doesn't sleep through the night, and only wants mama).  It can be so tough...on a particularly crappy night my husband asked if he could do anything and I told him to go out to the garage and get a shovel and beat me with it!

No sleep happening here, so we can keep each other company. :(  Lily does pretty well, but Lucy isn't much of a sleeper.  Lily fell asleep last night around 7 and woke about 11:30 (I think?).  Lucy spent a fussy evening, nursing until 10:45 and then woke shortly after Lily to fuss and complain until I could roll over and nurse her again.  Then it's back and forth between the two of them until dawn.  Ugh.  

But, they got weighed today and Lucy is 10,7 and Lily is 9,2.5 so they are doing really well, gaining 3lbs each at almost 6 weeks old.  I think it is amazing that they have continually had that 1 pound 4 ounce difference they had since birth.  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM

I apparently have super mam milk!!!! Cael is 10lbs 4 oz and 22 inches...... thats 3 lbs and a little over two inches in 5 weeks..... whoa baby

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Aliy I would guess foremilk/hindmilk over food issues. Those babies are just like you describe green watery stools and fast gainers. I got me one!

Not sure what my little one weighs til tomorrow. He eats often due to eating so much of the foremilk and it digest so much quicker. Sleep is ok here he likes to sleep with boob in mouth and it kills my hips and back.

I started running/working out this week! woot!

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM

yea i know the foremilk thing i'm nursing him lots on oneside trying to get more hind milk for him. i have a boob sleeper to...he likes to lay on me and eat too!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Isaac gained a whole 12 oz since last week! I can stop worrying so much about his nursing (though he still has some tongue-use stuff that is starting to make me a little sore). 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 04-15-2011, 08:24 AM

Had 1 month check-up this AM. All is well and we are gaining about 1lb a week. No surprise cuz he LOVES to eat. My nipples can tell the story. lol

Had them check his wheezing junky sounds - lungs are clear and no concerns.

He will have his first air flight tomorrow!

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post

He eats often due to eating so much of the foremilk and it digest so much quicker. Sleep is ok here he likes to sleep with boob in mouth and it kills my hips and back.

Mine, too!  The past couple of days I've gotten him off the boob long enough to briefly lie on my back or stomach and it's such a relief on my hips!  ;)

Old 04-15-2011, 09:59 PM

taxes are filed. I want to use part of my refund to buy myself some nursing shirts that would work while babywearing (I have some that I can pop out of the top, but I don't like doing that). so now I need to figure out what to buy. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

taxes are filed. I want to use part of my refund to buy myself some nursing shirts that would work while babywearing (I have some that I can pop out of the top, but I don't like doing that). so now I need to figure out what to buy. 

What kind of carrier do you use?  I've been using a Moby, and we have an Ergo and a ring sling (we've only used the Moby so far, although we have the infant insert for the Ergo).  My boobs are big generally (36DD), but are enormous now (36H.  Yes, H, as in huge.  Buying nursing bras is fun, and tanks are not an option.  Sigh.).  Do you think I'm destined to only nurse conventionally?

Sleep is getting better!  Simon naps in the Moby and does really well there, but at night its been tough.  Because Fiona ends up in our bed by midnight, I've been trying to lay Simon in the basinette   beside the bed, but he wakes generally every hour.  The other night I laid him down beside me and he slept for 5 hours!  I've been doing that ever since and he definitely sleeps in much longer stretches.  Of course, this was the same with Fiona (she slept well in our bed even though getting her to sleep was tough!).  I guess I was hoping that because there's already three of us in the bed (and Fiona does acrobats in her sleep) that I could have him close, but not in the bed.  I think there will be four of us in bed for a while...

MyLilMonkeys: I hope your sleep is getting better.  I know you said you're not a rock star, but you are.  Mothering is challenging with one newborn....I can only imagine the level that two newborns brings!!

Sara:  I hope you're doing well with your very new babe!

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayfishgirl View Post

What kind of carrier do you use?  I've been using a Moby, and we have an Ergo and a ring sling (we've only used the Moby so far, although we have the infant insert for the Ergo).  My boobs are big generally (36DD), but are enormous now (36H.  Yes, H, as in huge.  Buying nursing bras is fun, and tanks are not an option.  Sigh.).  Do you think I'm destined to only nurse conventionally?

I have a Moby and a Maya Wrap. I'm thinking of getting some shirts like this: http://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1189 or this http://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2

I don't know about sizing though. I don't have any nursing shirts yet, I didn't have any carriers I could nurse in when DD was a baby. 

Old 04-18-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

birth story! http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1308977/geo-s-birth-story#post_16396099

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 04-18-2011, 03:03 PM

I

Well, I had a really long post going but it got erased and this text field is not working properly and it's pissing me off! Maybe it's Firefox 4? Anybody else having problems posting? I'll try again later.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

Old 04-20-2011, 06:27 AM

I am thinking of adding a ring sling to my collection - the sakura bloom.  I want something easy and adjustable for DH and cooler then what I have.  I also have a moby and a fleece kangaroo korner pouch sling from when I had DD.  the babe loves them but hates the baby bjorn my neighboor lent me.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post

I am thinking of adding a ring sling to my collection - the sakura bloom. I want something easy and adjustable for DH and cooler then what I have. I also have a moby and a fleece kangaroo korner pouch sling from when I had DD. the babe loves them but hates the baby bjorn my neighboor lent me.

I just got a double linen SB. It is gorgeous. Harper likes the Moby and Ergo much better, I am not good at the RS yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 AM

I want a Sakura Bloom -- I know there are cheaper ring slings, but they're lovely -- but can't articulate to my husband why I'm willing to pay that price. ;) Do you find them easy to breastfeed in?  Because I can't imagine breastfeeding in the Ergo or Moby.  Seems like a lot of adjusting. 

My sister-in-law said she'd send me a Kangaroo Korner, too, but she hasn't gotten around to it yet (she works, is in school, and has a toddler, so I won't be bugging her about it).  ;)

Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM

I got a Babyhawk and I love it...also have a padded ring sling but liking this better as it doesn't require the constant fiddling of the ring sling.

Has anyone heard from VeganEmma? I haven't seen a birth announcement unless I missed it and I am wondering if it was a girl or boy in her belly after all of that guessing!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Neuro- I bought my SB from thebabywearer.com on the FSOT boards for a great price. The linen slings are a bit better used, as they have been broken in for you.

Stella- I was thinking the same thing. Where is she? I hope everything is OK!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 PM

Still having trouble posting, if the format is wonky, bear with me. Everything is good here, my in-laws were visiting and we had a great time showing them around San Diego and hanging out. They are super nice people and it's nice to finally spend some time with them. Before this I had only spent 4 days with them for BIL's wedding, as they don't travel much and live in Chicago. They kept saying how they couldn't believe how "good" (I prefer to say easy) Freja is, and how they had expected to help out more but I have everything under control so there was nothing to do. I told them that between this being my third, her being so easy, and having two older and very helpful daughters, this is the easiest postpartum period I've ever had. Other than that I've just been kind of worried about a friend of mine who had her baby a week ago today and is still in hospital... not sure why, she emailed me and said she would call when she got home, so just waiting to hear what happened. She wasn't even supposed to be in hospital, she had planned an independent birth center birth, so I'm bummed for her and really hoping things are ok. She just said "everyone is doing better now" which sounds like things were bad. We had planned on getting together after she had her baby and telling our birth stories, now I don't even want to tell her about my 45 minute super easy labor and recovery!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 AM

boy, i have been a MDC slacker lately. baby keeping me busy, i suppose!

Glad you had fun with the in-laws K!

How is everyone?

those SB's are lovely! you could totally make that though. rs' are east to sew!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

How is everyone?

Isaac is such an easy baby compared to DD, he almost never cries. of course DD has been even more of a handful than usual to make up for it. 

I got my learners permit earlier this week. DF took me to an empty parking-lot to practice, and I hit a concrete barrier, scratched the car some

Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:

How is everyone?

I've got 3 new goals, as of yesterday:

1. To make it out of the house every day (unless the weather is miserable)

2. To get some non-baby-related task from my to-do list done every day (no matter how small)

3. To answer an email every day

I think I was starting to feel trapped on my couch with a breastfeeding baby.  Hopefully this will help.  Because I love him and can't get enough of him, but I was starting to resent my husband for not having the ability to feed our son.  He just seemed so free!  :)

Old 04-22-2011, 03:04 PM

see, and I'm avoiding going out of the house unless I have to. it's so hard to get both kids ready and out the door. I'm still spending most of my time in my jammies, and the kids in just their diapers. that reminds me though, I think I haven't taken a shower in almost a week...

Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

Isaac is such an easy baby compared to DD, he almost never cries. of course DD has been even more of a handful than usual to make up for it. 

I got my learners permit earlier this week. DF took me to an empty parking-lot to practice, and I hit a concrete barrier, scratched the car some

i was going to give your post a thumbs up, until I read the last part! but good for you for learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

2. To get some non-baby-related task from my to-do list done every day (no matter how small)

I think I was starting to feel trapped on my couch with a breastfeeding baby.  Hopefully this will help.  Because I love him and can't get enough of him, but I was starting to resent my husband for not having the ability to feed our son.  He just seemed so free!  :)

i think those are really good, do-able goals. i'm like Marissa, i spend most days in my jammies and going out with 3 kids is like torture. but i like a tidy house and i like my "me time." It's good to find the minimum that you need to be sane and then do that!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Neuro, I know what you mean!  I have made similar goals.  I have also tried to pump just a little bit and my husband has used that to get up early on the weekend and feed the baby and have some time with him.  Getting that little bit of extra sleep when I'm not listening for the baby has been nice and my husband has felt like he's getting some bonding time.  (He's been feeling a little jealous that he isn't "needed" by the baby the same way I am and doesn't get to spend as much time since he's back at work.) It does seem to get a little easier each time I leave the house... it sure is funny what feels like an accomplishment these days!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:

How is everyone?

Good.  Harper is getting a bit calmer everyday. Her fussy time is 7p-bed time. DH and I are usually at the end of our ropes at that time.

Had a ped appt today. Everything looks great.  I have to research vaccines to see what we will give her at her 2m appt. I talked to her doc (a family phys) about my constant breast pain. We are both thinking Raynaud's. I'll be trying to keep warm this week and see if that helps.

I started pumping tonight. 2 ozs! I don't know if I should be proud of that, or worried that its not a lot!  I'm trying to build up a freezer stash for when I go back to work. Plus, I'd like to start her on bottles a little bit before I go back to work so her first days aren't so stressful. And, if she's eating from a bottle every so often, I can go out and DH can stay at home with her.

Neuro, I like your goals. I am feeling trapped at home when I don't get out and being trapped in a dirty/messy house makes my skin crawl. Luckily Harper normally naps for 1-2 hours in the afternoon so I can get some stuff done around the house. Also, we should start a "look at my baby in this Eames chair" club! Love your photo!

MM & Banana- I can't imagine getting out with a newborn AND other kids.  You guys are impressive!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:

i was going to give your post a thumbs up, until I read the last part! but good for you for learning!

yeah, at least the car isn't worth much already, and it really is only scratched paint. it still gave me a panik attack though. I'm already kind of freaked out about driving, and got all flustered and forgot what I was doing. I'm going to need a lot of practice before driving feels natural. I'm going to need a lot of practice before I'm ready to drive anywhere other than an empty parking lot. 

Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 AM

today was a breaking point. the last few days have been hard ds2 is being super whiney and mumbling and not talking very articulatley. ( i think it may be reverting) ds1 is being sassy and full of attitude Dh was home but sick so we were at home with cranky kids and i felt very close to losing it. had to have a few crying moments. feeling better now though.

I have been having a lot of trouble getting to sleep at night. i can sleep easily during the day but at night is another story.  Cael is doing pretty good at night. He starts the night in his bassinette he tends to sleep a bit better. I like having him in bed with me but i was waking with every stir with him beside me and I wasn't sleeping well , he is a big mover in his sleep.

User Tag List