Jasper Warren Melton - Birth Story and Pictures - Born March 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2011, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

On March 23rd at 4:27am I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy whom we named Jasper Warren, and he was 7lbs 4oz and 21inches long. 

Here is my story:

When I first learned that I was pregnant my husband and I decided that it would be best if I quit my job to make sure that I would be as stress free as possible. I read books about natural birth, watched videos about the benefit's of birthing naturally, my husband and I attended Hypnobirthing classes, I stretched every night before i went to bed, practiced yoga here and there, played my hypnobirthing Rainbow Relaxation Cd every night when i went to bed and we spent lots of time talking to baby and letting him know that he was coming into a safe place. We opted to bypass genetic testing and ultrasounds, we just didn't feel the possible stress I could cause was worth it for us or our baby. We believe that all of this really paid off.

At around 9am March 22 ( My due date) I noticed that I was having light period like cramping, and at around 11am I noticed some bloody discharge. I was soooo excited, I did a little victory dance in the bathroom, lol! I knew that my baby was coming very soon. I took a shower and got ready for my prenatal appointment at 3pm with my Midwife Nicole and her assistant Mirka. All the while I could feel these period like cramps becoming more frequent. I started timing them, they were 5 to 7 minutes apart and about 40 seconds long all the way to the birth center.

During our appointment I told my midwife what was going on and she said that it sounded like my body was getting ready to birth my baby. She reminded me that labor usually starts at night and advised me to go straight home and get some rest and try to sleep if I could because if I was going to go into actual labor that night I would need my rest. So when we got home around 4:30pm I went straight to my room, turned on my Birthing Affirmations from my Rainbow Relaxation Cd and climbed into bed. 

I woke up around 9pm from my nap and my surges were coming on a lot stronger than before. They started in my lower back and then moved to the front, I could literally feel my cervix opening, it still felt like period cramps but much stronger, nothing I would consider pain though.

From there things progressed pretty quickly, the surges got stronger and closer together. I called the midwife to let her know what was going on around 12am. She said to give her a call when I could no longer talk through my surges. I never really reached that point until the very end at the transitioning stage, but I decided to call her back when I got to the point where I had to get on all fours and rock back and forth and have my husband press on my back to relive the pressure, that was around 1am. I don't think she really believed I was in TRUE labor because I sounded so relaxed, I remember telling her that I REALLY felt like this was it! So she said to meet her at the birth center at 2:30am. 

When we made it to the birth center I felt like i could really let go and let my body take over, the surges came on stronger and even more close together. After they checked my vitals and got things set up, Mirka checked me to see how dilated I was, she couldn't tell for some reason, i think because i was farther along than they expected, so Nicole came over and she checked me out. I was already 7cm, I could believe it and neither could they! I was so happy and relieved to know that I was so far along and that I would be meeting my baby very soon.

I climbed into the tub around 3am and oh my gosh, it was SO nice! The hot water relieved a lot of the pressure. My perception of time completely went out the window after that point, I just let the water soothe me and let the surges take over. Not long after I i got into the tub I felt the urge to push. That's when things got a little scary for me, I wasn't ready to completely surrender. All my hypnobirthing training completely left my mind, I needed to yell, i needed to scream, it was the only way I could gather my courage and strength to get his head out. It was so satisfying to yell at the top of my lungs and not give a damn! lol. I'm sure my screaming sounded like I was in alot more pain than I ACTUALLY was, I kept thinking to myself " This hurts but its not THAT bad, I can do this!" My husband says I pushed him out after only 4 or 5 pushes, I cant remember. All I remember is the feeling of relief when his head came out and then the rest of his body, and then feeling his warm little body on mine when they laid him on my chest. It was so cool to reach down and feel the cord pulsing, truly amazing. 

Needless to say I had the most wonderful birth experience. It was truly a dream come true. I feel so grateful towards my body, nature and my baby for working together so well. it couldn't have gone any better then it had. And now I have a gorgeous baby boy who is so sweet and calm. He is a great sleeper, hardly cries and doesn't mind the usual things that babies do like diaper changes and baths. I love being a mother! 188970_199505123414450_100000648925443_580854_4586902_n.jpg

I believe in AP & living life with the awareness that we are all here creating our own reality which is shaped by our attitudes and beliefs.
Life CAN be magical.We just have to create it that way.
dust.gif

goorganic.jpggd.gifnovaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbfinfant.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Mazel tov on your new arrival and great birth! I commented on your name thread a few months ago and you picked the name we chose if we got a boy! I love it and I think he's just a doll. Congrats again!

Elizabeth (31) & DH (31)
DS born October 15th, 2008
Our amazing HBAC DD born March 21th, 2011
Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 PM

congrats he is beautiful

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM

congratulations!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:40 PM

Congrats Momma!!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 AM

congrats! we have that gown too. wink1.gif

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Congratulations!!  What a great birth story!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:27 AM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!  Sounds like a great experience!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 AM

He's precious Mama -- congrats on your beautiful baby boy!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Congratulations! What a wonderful story!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

User Tag List