Hey Mama's, it's May!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to add that I love reading about your babies and love finding the similarities between them and Harper. Makes the little things they do that much more precious knowing there are thousands of other babies out there doing the same things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#92 of 100 Old 05-26-2011, 10:53 PM

Isaac is 9 weeks today. he still sleeps a ton, but when he's awake he's a super happy guy, all smiles. he likes dada singing to him, being called "bug-bear", sucking on his fist, and sitting in his bouncer (which he can make bounce now. and he absolutely hates getting his diaper changed, getting dressed/undressed, getting buckled into his carseat, and having his feet touched. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#93 of 100 Old 05-29-2011, 02:07 PM

Can I just brag a bit? I won six rumparooz diapers today at a grand opening of a local diaper store. Woo hoo! I gave two each to two friends since I have way too many diapers already. What a great weekend treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#94 of 100 Old 05-29-2011, 03:23 PM

Awesome!  How fun!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#95 of 100 Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 AM

I put the amber teething necklace on our kid yesterday.  My husband seems suspicious as to its efficacy, but agrees it is a cute accessory even if it doesn't work.  Sebastian is only 9 1/2 weeks old, which seems a little young for teething, but he's started getting a little drooly, seems to enjoy chewing on my finger when he's not hungry, and last night it looked like he grabbed at his ear.  I sort of think I can see one of his bottom teeth showing through the gum, but that could be my imagination.

Currently, Sebastian really won't sleep in his cradle.  He startles, and then his arms hit the sides, and he wakes up.  But he likes to sleep on me and will sleep in his bouncy chair if he's tired enough.  I love his cradle, though, so I hope once he loses the Moro reflex he'll nap in there.

I found out that my temperature threshold for babywearing is 80 degrees.  Any hotter than that, and Sebastian and I are both incredibly uncomfortable.  I wish that weren't the case, but we're going to have to buy a stroller for use this summer.  We're going to get a lightweight one (because we live on the third floor, with no elevator), so we have to wait until he's three months old so that he can use it.  I don't know how we'll last between now and then.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#96 of 100 Old 05-30-2011, 12:58 PM

Sam is 8.5 weeks and he's doing really well.  He still sleeps a lot as well, but it can be so hard to get him to go to sleep!  He will be yawning and yawning and he won't rock to sleep, won't nurse to sleep.  It's crazy.  He smiles and very occasionally laughs a little laugh.  He has a bit of a runny nose that I think is probably just allergies (although DS1 has a terrible cold).  I use a bulb to suck out his nose and he smiles and thinks it's pretty funny.  He is pretty happy when he's well rested and the evening fussiness has definitely gotten less, although we've started putting him to bed a bit earlier.

DS1 has been watching way too much tv, but I haven't figure out how to get Sam to sleep without it.  DS1 will come in and want to crawl all over the baby and he doesn't know how to be quiet yet.

Sam is big too!  Six month clothes fit him fine, although he can also still wear his 3 month stuff.

I wore him in the wrap the other day at the playground and it was close to 90.  I could do it, but it was kind of miserable.  I was with my doula and she said her younger son wanted to be in the carrier all the time in the summer and they just sweated through it.  I don't think I can do it.  I also can't figure out how anyone really does anything while using front carries other than walking.  I can't really do any chores or anything while wearing him.  Maybe I just haven't figured it out.

Night sleep is here and there.  Last night he was awake every two hours, but he has slept 7 hours straight several times (heavenly!!).  So I'm hopeful.  His brother turned into a terrible sleeper around 3 months.  I'm really hoping that doesn't happen.

#97 of 100 Old 05-30-2011, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone...love reading the baby updates...have been posting less as just busier!  Question - my sweet little one seems to truly like her little lovey, it's one of those small blankies with a stuffed toy head if you know what I mean, this is one from Carters, about the size of the hankerchief....last night she was very tired and I had to but her down before she was asleep as I needed to tend to her older sibs for a few minutes, and I left it with her...she did fall asleep snuggled up with it. I moved it away (gently) once she was night night but I am wondering, when can you start letting them sleep with these in their cribs? My other two never really were attached to a lovey and I always thought it would make it easier, so I have introduced it more/earlier and it seems to be working. She often has it with her in the car seat.  She sometimes mouths it a bit and last night when she fell asleep with it it was right by her face. 

#98 of 100 Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

I found out that my temperature threshold for babywearing is 80 degrees.  Any hotter than that, and Sebastian and I are both incredibly uncomfortable.  I wish that weren't the case, but we're going to have to buy a stroller for use this summer.  We're going to get a lightweight one (because we live on the third floor, with no elevator), so we have to wait until he's three months old so that he can use it.  I don't know how we'll last between now and then.

do you have a summer sling? i have a RS i made from a really thin cotton calico. baby wearing in the summer is hot, but holding a baby in the summer is hot too. he'll want to be held sometimes still, and nurse certainly. i dislike doing so in the heat without a cloth barrier of some kind, otherwise skin to skin is too sweaty. they make a few lightweight strollers that can recline fully and be used for nb. i know the combi flare does, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNuova View Post

Hi everyone...love reading the baby updates...have been posting less as just busier!  Question - my sweet little one seems to truly like her little lovey, it's one of those small blankies with a stuffed toy head if you know what I mean, this is one from Carters, about the size of the hankerchief....last night she was very tired and I had to but her down before she was asleep as I needed to tend to her older sibs for a few minutes, and I left it with her...she did fall asleep snuggled up with it. I moved it away (gently) once she was night night but I am wondering, when can you start letting them sleep with these in their cribs? My other two never really were attached to a lovey and I always thought it would make it easier, so I have introduced it more/earlier and it seems to be working. She often has it with her in the car seat.  She sometimes mouths it a bit and last night when she fell asleep with it it was right by her face. 

the actual guidelines for that stuff are really long i think. a year right? you have to use your judgement irl. i put penny draped over her boppy on our bed (it's only a matress on the floor.)

i know you are neither supposed to use a boppy for sleeping nor put a baby on it's belly to sleep, but she can move her head if her nose is smushed against it and it's the only way i can put her down sleeping for longer than 2 minutes...

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#99 of 100 Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM

During the day we do the Boppy drape as well. He loves to sleep like that. Ain't my first rodeo so I feel good about it. lol

Also we used a stroller for the first time this weekend. It doesn't recline all the way but enough. He has awesome head control at 12 weeks. I agree carriers are WAY too hot in mid 90's temps. wugh!

We have done a ton of traveling since he was born and the child is a saint. Never makes a peep! love.gif He's super predictable and sleeps all the time.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#100 of 100 Old 06-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

do you have a summer sling? i have a RS i made from a really thin cotton calico. baby wearing in the summer is hot, but holding a baby in the summer is hot too. he'll want to be held sometimes still, and nurse certainly. i dislike doing so in the heat without a cloth barrier of some kind, otherwise skin to skin is too sweaty. they make a few lightweight strollers that can recline fully and be used for nb. i know the combi flare does, for instance.

My summer sling is a double-layer linen RS, and pretty lightweight (perfect for mid-seventies temps) but it's still too hot in the humid 80s and 90s.  And I have not been able to get him into nursing position comfortably while wearing him in it.  However, friends we ran into on Memorial Day offered to loan us their Bugaboo Bee until we can get the lightweight stroller we intend to order at 3 months.  Hopefully we're getting that from them tomorrow.  They've moved on to a lighter stroller with their 7-month old, so it's just sitting in their basement.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page