Charlie's (belated) Birth Story!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas!!  Congratulations to us all :).  I wasn't on here as much as I wanted and haven't had the chance to post Charlie's birth story but I'd like to do that now.

I was a VBAC hopeful Mama and I waited until I was almost to my due date to schedule my repeat c section.  The night before my due date, February 28, I started to feel a trickle and wondered if my membranes ruptured.  It wasn't a consistent trickle and although I did start to have contractions, they weren't regular so I decided to wait it out since I had to report to the hospital as an add in c-section at 2 the next day.  It turned out that my membranes did rupture and I was contracting but the baby was still up high and I was closed tight when I was checked almost a day after the rupture occurred.  I decided to go ahead with the planned section and Charles Neal entered the world on March 1 at 5:21 PM.  He weighed 7lbs 15.4ozs and was 21 inches long.  The cord was wrapped around his neck twice so I think that contributed to why he wasn't moving down.  At my last OB appt I was checked and he was up high and that was part of what made me decide to schedule the section at that point.  I was willing to try when I went into labor but since I wasn't dilated at all and I knew that since my water had broken I was on a clock for risk of infection I decided to just go with it.  In the end I was and am so happy that he arrived safely and I am so in love!  He is such a good baby and is already over 13 pounds!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their little ones and I'm going to start to jump in on the chat threads again!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#2 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Congrats! 

#3 of 8 Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 PM

Congrats!  

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#4 of 8 Old 05-08-2011, 05:16 PM

sounds like charlie was about ready to join you and c/s was timed pretty well. congratulations!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 8 Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 AM

Congrats and welcome baby Charlie!!!

#6 of 8 Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 AM

Thanks for taking the time to share the story.  And congratulations again! ;)

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#7 of 8 Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Congratulations!  Charlie was one of our boy names for the twins.  I was so convinced one of them would be a boy that I found myself wanting to call one of them Charlie for the first several weeks! LOL  Great name. :)

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#8 of 8 Old 05-14-2011, 05:21 PM

congrats!!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page