June chat thread for March mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i thought i'd start a new chat thread for us. how is everyone?

penny seems to be starting to grab for stuff. i was holding her up and she kept staring at and trying to get the lace on my shirt. it's terribly uncoordinated, but awfully cute!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#2 of 14 Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 AM

last night Isaac realized that he can control his toes. he spent about ten minutes looking at them and wiggling them last night. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#3 of 14 Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 AM

so much fun when they learn new things

Cael is trying to roll from his back to his front and almost has it figured out. Loves how little arch toy he loves to reach up and grab the ring.

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#4 of 14 Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Hi mamas

Simon is doing great too.  He's such a happy little guy, and really mellow compared to my daughter.  So good, because if they were both so determined (and high needs as infants) as she was/is, I think I'd be a mess.  I've been back at work for 3 weeks now (this is the first full time week) and its been a struggle...Both Simon and Fiona start melting down around 6:30ish, and I don't get home until 4:30 so nursing, spending time together, getting dinner on the table and eaten, and then ready for bed is a challenge.  Minor freak out about whether I was losing my supply earlier this week, but I think I'm just being paranoid.

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#5 of 14 Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM

Doing very well here. Just turned 3 months this week. Rolling and figured out we have fists that taste lovely! yummy.gif Also scooching backwards by digging heels in ground. "Talking" a bit too.

We just got an ergo and have used it tons this week. Dh loves it! B will sleep in it for hours.

I'm back to working out hardcore and it feels soooo good!

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#6 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighappyfam View Post

Doing very well here. Just turned 3 months this week. Rolling and figured out we have fists that taste lovely! yummy.gif Also scooching backwards by digging heels in ground. "Talking" a bit too.

We just got an ergo and have used it tons this week. Dh loves it! B will sleep in it for hours.

I'm back to working out hardcore and it feels soooo good!

you're my hero! how do you find time  to work out with 7 kids!?

how big is the baby? i'm not sure mine will fit in the ergo yet, but dh prefers it too.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#7 of 14 Old 06-18-2011, 07:32 PM

Sebastian is 12 weeks old.  He's beginning to swat at things held above him and to put his fists into his mouth sometimes, but otherwise still can't control his hands well.  He isn't rolling over yet, and he hasn't yet noticed his feet.  He smiles and coos and "chats," but doesn't really laugh or giggle.  He sleeps well at night, only waking to nurse a few times, but wakes very easily during daytime naps.  He won't take a bottle, which is our current stress with him, as I'm back at work as of a few weeks ago.  My husband has been watching him while I'm at work (my husband works mostly from home).

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#8 of 14 Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 AM

Max is about 3.5 months now and doing well... proudly trying to outgrow his 6-9 month clothes.  Cooing a lot and smiling a lot.  I think sort of laughing occasionally?  More like a weird noise though.  He loves to look at his older sister.  Trying to coordinate his hands to grab things but still needs lots of work with that.  LOVES to chew/suck his hands and occasionally finds his toes and watches them... I love watching his monkey toes!    He generally has a pretty good temperament and is a bit easier them my first more high-needs babe was. 

He takes a bottle when needed - such a relief - my first never would.  He sleeps pretty good at night (still have the early morning noisy/grunty time though) - nurses a couple times at night, not totally sure cause with co-sleeping I can fall back to sleep so easily.   He also doesn't do that great on naps, wakes up easily if I am not wearing him.  This worries me for daycare in August!

He hates the carseat/car and for some reason I am planning a 5 hour trip up North soon...my mom will ride with us and I plan to bring a bottle or two and see if she can help him that way.  He simply will not fall asleep - even if tired- in the car.  If he is already really asleep I can sometimes put him in the seat and keep him asleep for a little while.   It is at the point where I am trying to avoid having to go anywhere with him... but I don't want to shut myself in but I can't just ignore his extreme crying in the car when I spend all the rest of my days and nights trying to be responsive and AP.  I don't think the car should be an exception... but at some point there is not much I can do.

He does have a cold right now so my previous comment on night sleep does not currently apply, hoping this clears up soon!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#9 of 14 Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM

Sam is 12 weeks and doing really well.  He still sleeps a lot and can't stay awake much longer than an hour!!  He wakes up 2-3 times at night.  I've decided I just need to go to sleep EARLY.  I know it's not a lot of waking, but DS1 still wakes occasionally too and he gets up at 5:30.  DH takes care of him, but I still wake up when they wake up.  I started back to work (at home) two weeks ago.  It is REALLY CHALLENGING.  It is hard to do work and take care of a toddler and newborn.  DS1 is watching so much tv and I hate it.  I just don't know what else to do.  He doesn't play by himself very well right now unless I get him involved in something he thinks is really interesting (which also usually means something that needs to be supervised or majorly cleaned up).  I have a friend who is quitting her job soon and can watch DS1 for a few hours a day in a couple weeks.  I think it will really help me.  I've also heard that around 25/26 months they start to play more on their own.  He is definitely having some sort of growth spurt.

Sam is just kinda getting to know everyone, it seems, and find his place.  It's so sweet.  I'm enjoying it the second time around.  It's a different perspective.  I want a third, but man, it scares me a bit.  It's taking everything I have to deal with the two and the job and do the house/cooking stuff.  I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes on.  And maybe I'll be able to quit my job.  Or DS1 will go preschool or something. 

#10 of 14 Old 06-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Banana~ he weighs 14lbs 11oz. with cloth diaper and clothes

As far as working out I have many helpers in the older kids and my dh works from home. It's 30 min. a day that I just have to get in for me and break a mean sweat!!

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#11 of 14 Old 06-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Georgia just hit the 3 month mark on the 17th (a day before her sister's 4th birthday).  She might be the easiest baby to ever have existed.  But my oldest is more than making up for that right now!  My husband just left for a one month trip to Germany this past Sunday, so I am pretty exhausted (only 29 days to go!).

As far as her milestones, she just started laughing!  The best thing ever.  She rolls over pretty well and she loves to suck on her fingers or her clothes or any blankets that are around if she can grab them.  jcregan-Georgia totally has monkey toes too!  That are really long and constantly curled up, I tell people she is part pre-hominid.

She has trouble taking long naps during the day, mostly due to her sister "checking on her", I'm sure.  But sleeps pretty well at night, waking 2 or 3 times and falling right back asleep when I feed her.  I just switched out my old full size bed I've been sleeping on since I was 13 for a king size wool mattress pad.  I just put that right on the floor and we sleep well on that.  So much room!!

#12 of 14 Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Isaac isn't even remotely interested in rolling over. he has pretty good head control, has been gasping objects, and he's been laughing for a long time (I think he might be ahead on his social milestones, but behind on his physical ones). he sleeps pretty well at night (2-3 wakings, but usually starts with a 4-5 hour stretch). I have a ways to go on loosing weight, so I'm really frustrated that none of my clothes fit.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#13 of 14 Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 PM

Yikes! The DDC is closing. Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I'm bummed it's almost over! We found

out mid-May that DH is being transferred to CA. Goodbye TX!! I''m so excited to leave but packing has

been so hard with a baby and toddler. We're out next week so it'll all be over soon.

I can't believe babies are rolling over! We haven't done much tummy time, maybe we need to start...

It's tricky with DD. She's on him so fast, I can't just leave him on the floor or anywhere actually.

Pete is getting a tooth already. He's normally such an easy going little fellow but the last few days have

been tough. I can't put him down, he cries, doesn't want to nurse and constantly tries to jam his fist in his

mouth. I hope the worst is over before we get on the plane. He's not a big fan of the car but is pacified by

CONSTANTLY crunching bags and plastic bottles, rattling a rattle and squeaking Sophie. It makes for

some interesting car rides. The other day DD said, "Mom, just let Pete cry!".

I have been lurking and reading about the March babies and mamas. It was around this time Pete was conceived.

It's all gone by so fast! All the babies are so adorable and big now. It makes me feel a little weepy. Good luck to all:)!

ETA: The baby weight is really haging on this time. Totally lame. Must exercise after move.

2nd ETA: Pete weighs 17 pounds.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.
#14 of 14 Old 06-27-2011, 11:48 AM

I started a chat thread in Life with a Babe if anyone wants to continue chatting. ;)

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page