Let's Have an Intro Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 89 Old 07-24-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think we need another thread in this forum , so how about some introductions??

I'm Meredith, married to Jesse, and mama to Callum (19 months almost) and two doggies

We've been TTC since Callum turned one - although I wasn't holding my breath as AF had not yet returned. I nightweaned a month ago and apparently that was enough to kick start things - and we got lucky and caught the first egg! I'm definitely still in the "is this really real" stage though.

Other things...I'm a PhD student in education (so now I've got to figure out how to take and defend my comps before this kiddo arrives!), babywearing addict, and AP mama blogger. Guess that's enough for a start!

Looking forward to making the journey towards April babies with everyone

Meredith, mama to Callum (12-28-08 ) and now expecting a new bean in early spring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 89 Old 07-24-2010, 04:46 PM

Nice to meet you!

My name is Julie. I'm 27 years old. My DH is 25 years old. We just decided this last February we were ready to conceive. He was out of town for much of February and March... just now got pregnant with my June 25th LMP. EDD is April 1st.

This is our first baby! We do have a dog, but she's a grown adult now... almost 5 in human years

I am so beyond thrilled to be pregnant. I have so many questions.... so many things I don't know yet!!!

I can't find where to edit my signature!!! How stupid! I know I obviously found it at one point, but haven't found it since?

Excited to meet everyone!

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#3 of 89 Old 07-24-2010, 06:18 PM

Julie click on User CP at the top of the forum in the little bar above the thread name, you can then find the area to change your signature on the left from one of the links there.

Anyways, hi everyone I'm Sarah (32) married to Dan (33) and mother of 2, DS Desmond (3) and Eloise (16 months). I also have a dog K-line who is 8. My EDD is March 30th.

It is a fun EDD since DD's birthday is March 14, DS' birthday is April 5, and my birthday is March 26th, so baby will fit right in with their birthday being in-between DD and DS' birthdays. It also means I will have 3 under 4. Though to be fair that will only be for a few days since DS turns 4 a few days after this one is due.

Baby is a bit of a surprise I was not preventing and not trying, and didn't really expect anything to happen. I wasn't planning on actively TTC till next year. I really love early spring though it is a great time for me to have my babies.

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#4 of 89 Old 07-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Are there people who have BFPs for April already? I am still waiting to O and if I do get a BFP, I will be due in mid April.

#5 of 89 Old 07-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Hi everyone, I am Lisa and my husband is Erik. We have Noah, who is 5 and starting kindergarten in a couple of weeks, and Micah, who is 2 and still breastfeeding, though my milk production must be minimal.

DH already had the appt for the snip-snip when this happened. I even tried taking Plan B when I realized we had slipped. Needless to say, it didn't work. I am a SAHM and we cohabit with my parents (we all chose this house together and share in the mortgage.) My mom has already told me long ago that when she's 60 (in 2013) she wants to retire, which would mean that I will have to work then to help pay the mortgage. All that was fine and dandy before when Micah would have just been entering kindergarten, but now I will have a 2yo that will have to be in daycare. My 5yo was in daycare from around 2-ish to 3-ish and it was really hard for me psychologically (hard on him too, but I don't think the effects are lasting). So knowing that I am facing that is kind of hard, but at the same time, counting my blessings, I am so lucky to get to stay home for the first two years and so lucky to live in a supportive household and have family that helps watch the kids if I want to run a quick errand, etc.

I am a skinny person and flattish chested, and even though I nursed both my babies, it seemed like *maybe* there were some times when my second was wanting more than I could make. So this time around I really want to focus on beefing up as best I can.

Also, I had my first in a hospital, and second at home. Home was much preferred but paying another $2000 seems impossible at the moment. (It did then too.) So that's another worry of mine.

So, standing on shaky legs and definitely looking to my sister mothers for support, here I am joining the club! Here... we... gooooooo................
#6 of 89 Old 07-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Hey everyone,

My hubby Sam & I (Marybeth) are jumping for joy. I got my BFP last weekend after TTC for 2 years. I still can't believe it's real! This is our first baby- and the first grandbaby on both sides- so our family is simply thrilled, too.

My EDD is late March/early April but right now I'm just trying to get through the next couple of weeks until my first appointment with the midwife. I look forward to sharing the journey with all of you. And I welcome any advice from all of the experienced mamas out there!
#7 of 89 Old 07-25-2010, 10:02 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Jenn and my husband's name is James. I got my first BFP last night, and a few more today! This will be our first baby. I am due March 27th according to the first day of my LMP, and April 4th according to my O date.

We are so excited! It just doesn't feel real yet.

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#8 of 89 Old 07-26-2010, 02:50 AM

Hi everyone! I just took my pregnancy test today so it really doesn't feel real to me yet. We were not TTC we just weren't careful one night so here I am, but I am very happy about it. Nervous because I feel like my plate is very full with 2 dc already but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

I actually haven't told my dh yet. He gets of work tonight at midnight so I'm staying up waiting for him to give him the news. Exciting!

#9 of 89 Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Ummm...I've been posting stuff, but I just calculated my EDD and it's March 27!! So I guess I'm headed to the March DDC.
#10 of 89 Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer, and DH and I are thrilled to be pregnant with our second child. I have a daughter who will turn 3 next month, and we have been trying since January 2010.

We are very much looking forward to meeting the little one on April 3rd 2011.
#11 of 89 Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 PM

Hi!

My name is Natalie and I just got a BFP this morning. I was in shock! Even though we were TTC, I did not think it would happen this quickly as I am still BFing my almost 1 year old DD. I took another test later, just to make sure, and it was a BFP! I am probably going to be taking a few more tests over the next week.

My DH and I always wanted our kids close together, hence our TTC, but I am still pretty scared about having two under two. I know that I will be able to handle it in the end, but right now I am really worried!

A happy and healthy nine months to us all!

Natalie ~ DH 8/04 ~ DD 8/09 ~ Identical Twin Boys Arrived at 34w5d on March 2, 2011

#12 of 89 Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Hi, I'm Krista. I'm 38 (yep, started late) and my DH, Tony is 45. We have a 27-month-old son, Jude, and I got my BFP (I had to Google what that meant in all of your posts ) TODAY!!!! I haven't seen my doc yet, but on online calculator says April 4 Due date. We're thrilled. DS will turn three exactly two weeks after that.

I'm an English Teacher, and DH is a prof., so we have our summers off (well, sort of). Having babies in April means four months with them before school starts in fall. As full-time workers, that means the world to us.

Looking forward to going through this with all of you!

Hope you're feeling well. Take care!
K

Married to Tony 6/07. Mommy to Jude 4/08 and Gemma 4/11.
#13 of 89 Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm Suzy, 33, and this will be my second pregnancy. My first baby is 2.5 born 1/08. My edd is 4/2, but I went a week early with my son, so I could go in late March. I am very excited, but nervous/bored, too - early pregnancy is such a nervewracking time, and it seems to last f o r e v e r.....

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you lovely ladies over the next 9 months!!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#14 of 89 Old 07-27-2010, 04:58 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm due 4/2 with our second. Our daughter will be turning 2 in September.

I'm really hoping to have a VBAC with this one and possibly a home birth.
#15 of 89 Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM

hello there everyone!!

I'm Becca 35 and expecting #3!!! EEEEK!! I have a wonderful hubby Jonathan and 2 girls Josie (our little firecracker 7/4/04) and Sada (12/05) They were super close together and life was kinda chaotic for a while. Although we always said we wanted 3- 2 seemed so hard!! now that they are a little older we started thinking about #3 but I "thought" we were still in the negotiation stages. We went on vacation with family a few weeks ago and the girls stayed in grandma's room and well.....# 3 is now on the way. I tested super early because I kept having baby dreams. Technically, I am only cd 25. But I've had 4 BFP's and had a beta drawn this AM & it was 185. (I only had a beta because I work part time at a fertility practice and they ran it for me)

So aside from being a mommy, I'm a full time labor and delivery nurse, work sometimes in the OR at a fertility practice and in the past 1 1/2 yrs started training for and competing in triathlons.

I'm hoping for a homebirth (I've had 1 hospital and 1 birthcenter/waterbirth) we aren't planning on finding out gender on this one and I hope to continue to train as long as possible.

oh....and I was a member of the 12/05 DDC on here and it was an AMAZING group. So excited to be here again!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#16 of 89 Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hello! I'm Steph, 27, and this will be my fourth pg and (hopefully ) my second child. DS was born in December 2007, I had miscarriages in November 2010 and March 2011, and this was our third cycle ttc after the second m/c.

My edd is April 9 and I will be seeing an OB through the first trimester due to my past losses, then switch to the homebirth midwife I used with DS once I make it safely through.

I'm excited to be here and really hope I get to stay!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#17 of 89 Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 PM

Nice to meet everyone! I'm Andrea, 36 years old, and due with my 5th around March 31st. Although my others were 7 or 8 days "late" so I'm expecting an early April baby! Spring is my favorite time to have a baby! My last 2 births were at home, so I will be planning another home birth with the same awesome midwife!

Andrea~mama to K (9/96) K (3/01) K (1/05) K (5/07) K (4/11) and K (1/13/13-1/14/13) angel1.gif

#18 of 89 Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 PM

Hi all,
I'm Jessica 30 and married to a great guy. Currently expecting our third around 4/4. I have 2 boys 3 and 18 months. I am still in shock that I'm preggo again! But happy
I had a hospital waterbirth with my second and am planning the same with this one.
Here's to a great 9 months for all of us

Jessica mama to 2 boys 6/07 & 2/09
cautiously expecting to meet someone new in April...if you know me IRL please don't out me yet! It's still a secret!
#19 of 89 Old 07-29-2010, 09:11 AM

ok.... i guess i'm going to introduce myself.

I'm R (30) partnered to my girl J (30). cautiously expecting our first on April 1st 2011 due to a loss in April 2010. my betas were rising nicely this time though so i'm taking the plunge.

we plan on having a waterbirth in our home, i can't wait!

i'm so happy to be here with you all...

for a H&H 8+ months for all of us!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#20 of 89 Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 AM

Hi Everyone! I'm Laura, 27, due April 1st. I'm married to A, and we have Lucy (3) and Molly (17m). We weren't really trying this month, but we're always "expecting to be expecting!" We're just thrilled!
This will be my third c-section, as I have true cephalopelvic disproportion. :-( I attempted a VBAC with my 2nd and ended up in a section, so this one will be planned.
So excited to have a community! Now we just have to get through the next 9 months...
#21 of 89 Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Hi all! My name is Nina and I am 27 and Mom of 3 - ages 4, 2, and 18 months. My son turns 3 next week and DD1 will turn 5 after I have this next bean. 4 babies! We did not plan this and were planning to re-evaluate in January actually. I took the test this morning on a whim and was thinking I was supposed to start my period today. I'm due April 6th but it will be more like April 20-27th and we'll be having our 2nd homebirth!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#22 of 89 Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 PM

Hi there Mamas!! I'm so excited to be posting right now! Just got my BFP this morning and DH doesn't even know yet! We just celebrated our daughters 1st birthday 13 days ago and we have her sibling coming!

We have been not preventing since 4 months pp b/c we have fertility issues and we have caught the eggy this time much faster than last time. I'm still bfing my DD, but mainly in the late afternoons and throughout the evening in our bed. I'm really hoping to continue BFing throughout this pregnancy, but I've heard of woman being told to stop b/c of contraction risks. :

By the by, I just made a onesie with iron-ons that says "version 2.0 coming soon". I have our DD sleeping in it, so when we all wake up in the am together he can find out that way!

Excited to meet you all! Guess I have to go change my siggy!! OH I THINK I'M DUE April 6th!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#23 of 89 Old 07-31-2010, 12:12 AM

My name is Leah, about to turn 28, I also found out this morning. I POAS last night and it was "uhhh...I don't know?" but this morning it was "oh, crap, yeah. That's for real."

I told DH right away, told my family tonight, and tucked my 2 year old into bed and prayed for her to be a good big sister and for her little brother or sister to grow strong and healthy.

I've had 2 miscarriages and one recent weird cycle that I think was a blighted ovum type deal.

So I'm REALLY kind of...not ready to get excited, I guess? But I also know if something did happen, it's easier to share grief with family when they have shared the initial joy as well. Just know that from experience.

So here's to hoping we make it to April together!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#24 of 89 Old 07-31-2010, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm Alexis, 33, this is my 2nd. Older child is 3.5. We've been trying for well over a year and had started IF treatment (I have PCOS)--then I finally got pregnant on an off cycle!

Due April 2.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#25 of 89 Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer, I am 28, will be 29 when babe gets here. I am married to my heart and soul M, we have dd-8(will be 9 a week after babe gets here) and ds-1.5. I am hoping for a girl but anything that pops out of there and is breathing is alright by me. I had a mc back in march of this year and just hoping that this one will stick around.

GL to all! Can't wait to get to know you all!

H&H 9 months!!!
#26 of 89 Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 PM

hey mamas!

i'm b (29) due with my second (on earth) around april 2nd. i am mama to a very spirited ds who will be 2 in september.

how wonderful will it be to give birth this spring! alongside mother nature herself as she brings an abundance of life into the world...the thought of it is so hopeful.

so great to "meet" all of you! sending lots of

only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly -- rfk
#27 of 89 Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Hi, everyone. I think my due date is the very end of March (don't have an official date yet), but since this is my first I expect an April baby.

I'm 33 years old and got pregnant the first month trying with my husband of 9 years (we've been together 16 years and have known each other for 18!), who is 32. We're both "cautiously excited," as we know loss can and does happen. But we're hopeful this pregnancy is sticking.

I've been having light spotting pretty much every day for a little over a week, but won't know much (unless that changes) until my ultrasound on the 10th.

I'd like to have a homebirth with a midwife I just interviewed, though my insurance company is being really cagey about whether they'll cover homebirths right now. And that might mean $7500 out of pocket. Yikes!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#28 of 89 Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbelle View Post
I think we need another thread in this forum , so how about some introductions??
Um... So I started a thread about having a sticky thread that lists out our info by edd that I can change info on the first post if need be...and then realized how much of a jerk I am...I should have asked you if it was alright. You started this thread and I don't want to take anything away from you. Would you be ok with that? I will keep track of it for everyone if it's ok with you?
#29 of 89 Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
Um... So I started a thread about having a sticky thread that lists out our info by edd that I can change info on the first post if need be...and then realized how much of a jerk I am...I should have asked you if it was alright. You started this thread and I don't want to take anything away from you. Would you be ok with that? I will keep track of it for everyone if it's ok with you?
LOL - totally fine mama

Meredith, mama to Callum (12-28-08 ) and now expecting a new bean in early spring
#30 of 89 Old 08-02-2010, 02:39 PM

Hello hello! My name is Lisa, 31, and I am expecting my second baby on April 10th. Total surprise and likely the result of some crazy energy ju-ju while on vacation in Tofino.
I had hoped for an unassisted with my first because the only care available was a small crummy rural hospital. This time, I have a midwife and we'll see where we end up on Labour Day!
One of my closest friends just had a baby in June and had such an awesome experience being a part of her due date club. Even though I have sore breasts, crave junk food like crazy and am already having trouble sleeping, etc.

Nice to meet you all and congrats to us all

Lisa - Mama to DD (12/07) and now a DS (3/11)! A wonderful uc.jpg!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page