Anybody feeling any symptoms yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not quite 4 weeks yet so nothing other than a MIA AF. I don't expect to really have any until I am 8 weeks or so.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#32 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 04:56 PM

Too tired to respond. bbs/nipples hurt more and more everyday when I wake up. heat it killing me(Dallas, TX here), not really eating much, but no nausea, bloating, crampy, feel like Ive been hit by a MAC truck. I'm sure there's more but I'm too tired to think about
#33 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 07:29 PM

At about 6 weeks: sore and heavy breasts, bloating, constipation, slightly more tired than usual, low-level nausea and hunger most of the time (halfway between "I'm so sick I can't eat" and "I'm so starving I feel sick"), food aversion (esp. smell aversion, but no "super scent"). I was spotting a little every day, but haven't been the past two or three days. Sometimes I have a little backache or crampiness.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#34 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 PM

who posted about port wine cheese. I haven't stopped thinking about it and had to go to the grocery tonight to get it. Going to try not to eat the whole thing with a spoon because I know that will make me sick!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#35 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 10:07 PM

What is this port wine cheese? It's starting to sound yummo!

Is anyone feeling like they are getting a cold? I get a cold everytime I get pg...I guess bc the body is so hard at work trying to get this baby off and running.
#36 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 PM

As of this evening, a new symptom: crankiness!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#37 of 58 Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM

I just tested yesterday, but no symptoms, other than absolutely gigantic and sore boobs! I don't usually have pms symptoms, so when my boobs were falling out of my bra, I kind of figured! With my first, I was sick a lot through 13 weeks, but my second, I was mostly just nauseous, never got actually sick. Not looking forward to either, but I can't remember when it started.
#38 of 58 Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 AM

not really much here- the biggest thing is I am SOOOOOOOO HOT all the time now...definitally feeling like an incubator! lol!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#39 of 58 Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 AM

for the first week or so i had mild nausea/food adversion and i'd get full very quickly but that seems to have passed... (unless i have just gotten used to it ) still getting up 5 times a night to pee and am having a little insomnia that i'm sure is in part because of the excessive bathroom breaks. i'm feeling a little bloated and am hungry more often.
ETA: and my BBs hurt soooo bad..... i have to sleep in a sports bra!

anyone elses symptoms going away/have gone away in past pregnancies?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#40 of 58 Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nausea is getting so much worse as I'm rounding in on 6 weeks. Any one know the unisom/b6 combo offhand? I think I need to get some, but don't know the exact rules anymore. :x

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#41 of 58 Old 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Ugh, insomnia last night. Woke up at 3:45 and couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour. I got up pretty quickly and surfed the internet. Feeling ok now, but waiting for the fatigue bomb to drop on me any time.

#42 of 58 Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 AM

I haven't really had any symptoms other than cramping and extra tiredness. I think I *knew* I was pregnant when I ate three bowls of fruit loops in one sitting. Cold cereal was my favorite in my last pregnancy.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#43 of 58 Old 08-05-2010, 05:08 PM

What is it about fruit loops? When I was pg last time, I think I ate only fruit loops for the entire first tri -- like breakfast, lunch, dinner.

I'm planning on better eating this time around -- but we'll see how that pans out once the ms really kicks in....

Mama to 4 girls    chicken3.gif5/05, 12/07, 9/09, 3/11   winner.jpghomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg

#44 of 58 Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Fruit loops sound realllllly good right now! I might have to buy some.

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#45 of 58 Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Fruit Loops sound yucky to me! So does anything sweet, except the occasional Mexican Coke--the kind in the glass bottle, no corn syrup. I'm craving savory, spicy, and high protein foods right now. I've always had a sugar aversion during pregnancy, though.

#46 of 58 Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 PM

I didn't care what kind of cereal I ate last time. Cheerios, granola...I would even take the last bits in the almost empty boses and put them all in one bowl.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#47 of 58 Old 08-06-2010, 01:35 PM

the only reason i tested last night was because of the gut wrenching, everything makes me feel like hurling, nausea i've had the last 3 days.

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#48 of 58 Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Just call me the couch blob. All I do is watch instant Netflix movies--documentaries about Buddhism to calm my morning sickness ravaged brain and body. My kids eat Luna bars and bagels all day, along with dried fruit--all stuff they can pilfer from the pantry.

I watch those movies to calm my mind that only wants to focus on how tired or nauseated I feel.

I try to keep stuffing food in me, usually carbs, in an attempt to keep the sickness at bay, but I am only at 6 weeks today, which is usually the START of morning sickness and I know how bad it can get--that's what depresses me--the thought of how it can get worse and worse over the NEXT 6 WEEKS-- and that also draws me toward the desire for calm and peace--which is mostly impossible when you have a 5yo and a 2yo- boys- running around. My mother graciously took the kids out shopping today (a very Buddhist activity ) during which time I drew and meditated, which was like a vacation because finding time to meditate is few and far between, not like I ever did it *before*, when I had the time! lol But suddenly I'm craving it and wanting to take the fast route to peace in order to escape the feeling of being trapped in nausea! (all selfish reasons, but that's natural and at least it's *something* opening that part of me!)

Cravings... the weird thing about cravings is... mostly all food repulses, but then occasionally a germ of an idea about a flavor or food quality will sprout and that develops into a craving... which is something to look forward to, fulfilling that craving... it's best to be specific about the craving... sometimes I search for it... maybe based on past pregnancies... thai food, fresh summer rolls from the first... the perfect burrito with plenty of lettuce and pico de gallo, drenched in hot sauce from the second...but if it's too vague then I can't fulfill it and am left with a pseudo feeling of satiation... but when the opportunity to fulfill a craving arises and all the pieces fall into place, the result is a harmonious remedy... all the senses unite and thank the universe for that moment of indulgence... but then, the strange part is... more often than not, after the craving is filled, the object of desire becomes the object of repulsion, often inciting the same feelings of nausea that it had been the promised rectifier of! Such is the nature of the morning sickness brain!
#49 of 58 Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Last night at the drop of the hat I felt HORRIBLE...I wasnt going to throw up...I just ran out of energy and my blood sugars dropped. I took 1 bite of a homemade hamburger and I popped right up and was fine. SO weird how it can do that! I woke up this morning with a HORRIBLEY sore throat and it hurts SO BAD to swallow or even talk. I get a cold everytime I get pg. Darnit! I'm so tired...I could sleep all day. And the "get off of me...dont touch me" has already started...but, it could be due to this TX 100+degree weather we are having rght now. I feel like I always have a fever! LOL
#50 of 58 Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM

are, uh, (tmi alert) diarrhea and horrible gas usually an early symptom of pregnancy? I didn't have that with my last pregnancy. I thought constipation was a lot more common. everything seems to cause awful churning when it hits my stomach, then rushes back out the other end shortly there after. I've mostly been eating pretzels the last 3 days because nothing else is at all appealing.

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#51 of 58 Old 08-06-2010, 06:37 PM

#52 of 58 Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 PM

Does morning sickness make you pissy? I am so snippy and pissy and negative toward the world! Revolted by everything!
#53 of 58 Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM

OMG!! The cramping! I remember from last time I felt really crampy- like AF was coming but then it didn't. This time the cramping is worse- so much worse- like if I wasn't pg I would totally take advil. And I don't usually have to take anything w/ normal AF only once in a great while but man its not comfortable. (no spotting or anything, pretty sure its normal) plus I'm SO bloated and gassy and I'm not pooping good. (did I just cross into TMI? sorry!!) anyway, sent DH to store for colace and tylenol.

anyone know if the crampy, uterine stretching thing tends to get worse with each pregnancy?

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#54 of 58 Old 08-07-2010, 10:14 PM

Right now I'm living off of Froot Loops, Ginger Ale, potato chips 50 mg of b6 and 1/2 Unisom at night.

Before that, I was nauseated (on the verge of vomit) for the entire day.
I have been very groggy though. Not sure if it's the Unisom or just pregnancy related. I have NO energy. Shower? Right.
#55 of 58 Old 08-08-2010, 01:08 AM

I'm 5 weeks and 3 days today and I hardly feel anything. My nipples are really sore while nursing dd, bloating after eating, mild mid day tiredness, slightly more hungry than usual, and mild crankiness... ok that sounds like a lot but I honestly don't feel pregnant and it is starting to worry me. With my first, I was sick almost immediately. I had a lot of trouble swallowing pills and brushing my teeth because I had a very sensitive gag reflex. I'm terrified of miscarriage. Please, someone calm me down.

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
#56 of 58 Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 AM

@ sarahkristin, this won't help much but I am in the exact same boat, about 5.5. weeks and I barely feel anything. I am just as worried about m/c (and I had one before and didn't feel very pregnant). On the other hand, I had a pretty easy pregnancy with my DD and I can't remember when I really started feeling pregnant--not right away, I don't think. I've been reading lots of stories of women who have no symptoms and then discover that they're 3, 4. 6, 8 months along (!) and comforting myself that way. (Check this out--unbelievable: http://allnurses.com/ob-gyn-nursing/...nt-109586.html and all the comments tell similar stories.)

I have just told myself that I can't do anything about it anyway, so I might as well just enjoy the lack of nausea and wait for the u/s in a few weeks. I am worried about a m/c too, but trying to be optimistic.
#57 of 58 Old 08-08-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangledblue View Post
@ sarahkristin, this won't help much but I am in the exact same boat, about 5.5. weeks and I barely feel anything. I am just as worried about m/c (and I had one before and didn't feel very pregnant). On the other hand, I had a pretty easy pregnancy with my DD and I can't remember when I really started feeling pregnant--not right away, I don't think. I've been reading lots of stories of women who have no symptoms and then discover that they're 3, 4. 6, 8 months along (!) and comforting myself that way. (Check this out--unbelievable: http://allnurses.com/ob-gyn-nursing/...nt-109586.html and all the comments tell similar stories.)

I have just told myself that I can't do anything about it anyway, so I might as well just enjoy the lack of nausea and wait for the u/s in a few weeks. I am worried about a m/c too, but trying to be optimistic.
I'm with you two! M/C in February at 4.5 weeks with very little symptoms. I'm now 5wks2days and only symptom is really tender bbs. I was having a lot of heartburn last week, but haven't been feeling any this week. When I got pregnant with DS (a happy surprise) I didn't even know I was pregnant till one day at around 7 weeks I was brushing my teeth and vomited and that was the start of 3 months of MISERY. So I'm hoping it will start in a couple of weeks. But I'd give anything to be miserable like that again...just for reassurance!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#58 of 58 Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM

My symptoms have been pretty muted, aside from peeing every 10 minutes. I've got some breast tenderness now, but that's new. I had quite a bit of cramping, but my uterus cramps at a sneeze. I cramped for weeks during my last pregnancy.

I was worried, but betas were normal and they saw a sac on the ultrasound. My progesterone was at the low end of normal, which might explain it--if supplementation gives you crazy symptoms, maybe low gives you mild ones!

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page