Weekly Chat 8/2 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 26 Old 08-02-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think we need a weekly chat like the other DDC's!

I'm 5 weeks 1 day today according to my O date. Still not feeling much symptom-wise. It makes me nervous that I don't have morning sickness or anything yet but I know its still early. My mom never felt sick so maybe I'll have it easy like her. I have been craving pickles, chicken salad, and port wine cheese terribly. The pickle cravings are strange to me because I never liked them!

I have my first appt in 16 days and I can't wait. This is my first pregnancy and first baby and its scary. I just want to see that heartbeat!

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 08-02-2010, 02:40 PM

Good idea!

Try not to worry about the lack of symptoms - I had very little in the way of symptoms last time and the same this time - plus you've still got time

Actually, my main symptom thus far has been bloating - which I did not have this badly this early on last time. Weird? I think I also feel much less jumpy this time than last time - or maybe it just hasn't sunk in for me yet?? We are planning to tell the family this weekend which should be fun.

Meredith, mama to Callum (12-28-08 ) and now expecting a new bean in early spring
#3 of 26 Old 08-02-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbelle View Post
Good idea!

Try not to worry about the lack of symptoms - I had very little in the way of symptoms last time and the same this time - plus you've still got time

Actually, my main symptom thus far has been bloating - which I did not have this badly this early on last time. Weird? I think I also feel much less jumpy this time than last time - or maybe it just hasn't sunk in for me yet?? We are planning to tell the family this weekend which should be fun.
Yes thats exciting! We're telling my grandparents tomorrow and I'm really excited. This will be their first great-grandchild!

And I know what you mean, it hasn't sunk in yet for me at all. I'm excited but it doesn't feel real!

#4 of 26 Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I'm 4w2d and had my first OB appt today (just blood work and confirmation of pregnancy). They scheduled me for an u/s a month from now and I can't wait! We won't be telling family until 14 weeks or so and will wait to make it public until even later (probably 20 weeks) due to my past losses.

Mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS1 (12/07),
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS2 (4/11), and
DD (6/22/14), TTC #4 summer 2017
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3
s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#5 of 26 Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 PM

I'm 4w1d today. I had my first beta today it was 315 I'll have another on thursday. We concieved with IUI & injectables. I started having symptoms at 8dpo Heartburn, frequent urination, sore boobs and excesive hunger. I was poas every as I was testing out the trigger, I had what I thought were evaps on 8&9dpo by the evening of 10 dpo I saw faint pink by 14 DPO the test line was as dark as the control. I also got an intestinal virus yesterday and have been suffering since, I'm starving but anything I eat goes right through me, it is not fun.

DS 4/11

#6 of 26 Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Wrong thread, sorry!
#7 of 26 Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 PM

I'm 4w1d today. I haven't had any symptons yet either. With my previous two pregnancies, I didn't really have any symptons until morning sickness hit around week 7-ish. My mw doesn't need to see me until 12 weeks, and we're not telling anyone until after that appt. Can't wait to see that heartbeat

I'm super excited, but also super nervous. I've mentioned in other posts DD2 is not quite 9 months, so I'm a little worried about continuing to nurse her and how we will all adjust to #3.

hbac.gifknit.gifsewmachine.gif

SAHM to DD1 12/07, DD2 11/09, and expecting 04/11!
#8 of 26 Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 PM

AHA!!! This is where I read about the port wine cheese!! It stuck in my brain and I HAD to have some!! LOL!! I did not eat the entire jar with a spoon but I did put it on a burger!!

Other than that and some bloating I'm not feeling anything! I'm sure I'll kick myself for this but I could do with a little something to make it seem more real. Maybe I need to go POAS!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#9 of 26 Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 AM

It hasnt hit me yet.....I'm in big denial.....BIG DENIAL!
No symptoms here either other than bloating after meals.
I'm tandem nursing and thinking i should feel something nipple tenderness wise...but nada.
Hopefully i will skip all of that!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#10 of 26 Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 AM

I'm on the no symptom train too!
I really just haven't let this sink into my brain at all yet. Oh well I'm sure we're all gonna be wishing to be back here in a few weeks when we're sick LOL

Jessica mama to 2 boys 6/07 & 2/09
cautiously expecting to meet someone new in April...if you know me IRL please don't out me yet! It's still a secret!
#11 of 26 Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM

wrong thread...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#12 of 26 Old 08-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Hi All!!! OK if I join? I'm due at the end of March, but I'm nearly certain I'll have an April baby. My first was 10 days late (and would have gone later but I was induced ) I will happily let things ride their course this time around, and will likely get that support since we're going with a midwife/home birth this time.

I'm 6 weeks and a handful of days and have been a bit queasy the last couple of days, and having some crazy insomnia.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#13 of 26 Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM

Hey - here's a question for you ladies in the same boat as I am...Almost a dead give away for me that I am pregnant is that I start to have really racy dreams. Like racy. Like Harlequin racy. Uncomfortably racy .

Anyone else "suffer" from this pregnancy symptom

Lisa - Mama to DD (12/07) and now a DS (3/11)! A wonderful uc.jpg!
#14 of 26 Old 08-05-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinupchamp View Post
Hey - here's a question for you ladies in the same boat as I am...Almost a dead give away for me that I am pregnant is that I start to have really racy dreams. Like racy. Like Harlequin racy. Uncomfortably racy .

NO! But I wish! LOL Last pg I woke up to having an orgasm.
#15 of 26 Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinupchamp View Post

I wish....my dreams are always really freaky. The most memorable from my 1st pregnancy was bear sex robots (like the country bear jamboree )

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#16 of 26 Old 08-05-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
NO! But I wish! LOL Last pg I woke up to having an orgasm.
Yowza! Gotta those hormones!

Lisa - Mama to DD (12/07) and now a DS (3/11)! A wonderful uc.jpg!
#17 of 26 Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM

4w3d here, not a whole lot in the symptom dept. Boobs being a bit 'heavy' was one of the tip offs I might be pg, and I look bloated for sure, but not too much else.

THis will be baby #4 for us, I'm still trying to process another one, but I'm really excited too. THe kids went nuts when we told them, it was sweet.

Looking forward to a h&h 9 months for us all!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#18 of 26 Old 08-06-2010, 04:08 PM

LOL to the dream stuff. Same here and it results in some mid-nights romps with DH I second the waking up with an orgasm, but for me that was always more likely to happen when breastfeeding

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#19 of 26 Old 08-07-2010, 07:00 PM

So DH keeps laughing at me because I'll mention a "non-symptom" like wanting a boiled egg and he'll say "this is just like the last time!" and I swear I don't remember these things with DS. So maybe I am symptomatic.

Anyone else crying at commercials yet?

#20 of 26 Old 08-07-2010, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
So DH keeps laughing at me because I'll mention a "non-symptom" like wanting a boiled egg and he'll say "this is just like the last time!" and I swear I don't remember these things with DS. So maybe I am symptomatic.

Anyone else crying at commercials yet?
Yes! I cry at any commercial with a baby. It's ridiculous.

#21 of 26 Old 08-08-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jenn- View Post
Yes! I cry at any commercial with a baby. It's ridiculous.
It's not so much the commercials with me but these darn sappy songs all over the radio LOL

Other than that I'm not really feeling many other symptoms....which is starting to worry me a bit.

cautiously expecting to meet someone new in April...if you know me IRL please don't out me yet! It's still a secret!
#22 of 26 Old 08-08-2010, 04:38 PM

I dont have any symptoms either and i was thinking i would have nipple tenderness at least. My 23 mo is nursing constantly....wonder if he sense something?

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#23 of 26 Old 08-08-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie View Post
I dont have any symptoms either and i was thinking i would have nipple tenderness at least. My 23 mo is nursing constantly....wonder if he sense something?
I have an 18 month old that has picked up a few extra nursing sessions too. Maybe our supplies are dropping?

#24 of 26 Old 08-08-2010, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats Jenn! I would be so surprised if you heard a heartbeat at your first appt! So don't be scared if you don't. I mean, I have heard of it happening, but even at 10 weeks, it is not for sure; not until 12 weeks, generally.

We told my parents this weekend, earlier than we planned, but we figured, if I m/c, we'd tell them about that. So it's just immediate family until 10+ weeks. I'm just about 5w now, so a bit of time yet before we share. My husband is a pastor of small church so they will be sooooo excited at the news. I have a 15mo DS. I got my very, very faint BFP at what I think was about 10DPO, but I wasn't charting, just approximating. Only today did I get the slightest bit of nausea, and immediately took more milk thistle.

It doesn't seem real since I don't feel much! Apparently our babes are about the size of a poppy seed right now...

kaPOW, you are more than welcome! You could very well have an April baby!

LOL @ racy dreams. Not me but certainly possible! haha.

wildponie - I just read a thread in the March DDC that someone theorized that nursing while pg lead to no breast tenderness, so maybe that is the case with you? It describes me...mine isn't asking to nurse any extra.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then a fast HBAC, then a fast VBAC!!). Planning a third VBAC, again at home, in February 2016.
#25 of 26 Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 AM

I'm not sure if DS has picked up extra sessions--he is pretty much always eating anyway. And I am starting a freezer supply just in case since he's so young and can get 2oz in a 5-10min session with a manual pump (same as before) so I think my supply hasn't dipped yet.

#26 of 26 Old 08-09-2010, 03:13 PM

Hey all! Feeling more and more pg everyday. SO excited for that! Hoping that this one sticks and I dont mc again. My nips are super sensative today...as well as bb's getting BIGGER already and more sore. I just had a HUGE twitch right in the middle of my uterus...so weird! LOL I'm at the annoying 'oh so hungry, then I can only get half of it down'...urgh. Told all of our immediate family this weekend so I can finally talk about it to people IRL. YAY! Already have pg brain. So annoying. I too cry at everything. EVERYTHING. A friend that havent talked to in awhile(long story) messaged me when I posted on FB that I was pg today and I teared up. Getting dizzy when I need to eat...like right now. Oh my...I'm feeling several twinges right now! gonna go eat!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page