Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi
Excited to be joining you all!

* EDD: April 18, 2011
* Name: Kelly
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: this was our 7th month trying
* What number child is this for you: #2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): been married for 6 years to my DH, our DS is 19 months, and our dog (Wembley) is cute, but mostly annoying
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): no guesses. we didn't find out the first time around, but are throwing around the idea this time. Guess we have a few more months too decide!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): none yet
* Birth plans/preferences: my son was born with a midwife at a freestanding birth center. I would really like to have a homebirth this time, though!
* Anything else you'd like to share: I recognize a few of you ladies from my first DDC for my son (Dec 2008). jenniferadurham and 2happymommas?? I didn't post much, but I did check in often! Good to "see" you again!

Mama to my sweet toddler DS1 (12/19/08), new arrival DS2 (04/18/11) homebirth.jpg  and married to my best friend for 6 years. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

* EDD: 4/17/11

* Name: J's Mombee

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 year. We had a loss in October and began trying again in February.

* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married for 5 years. DS is 4 years old, & we have a beautiful 6 year old dog Sam

* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): I have no idea, but I'd love to have a girl

* Names you like (& are willing to share): I really like Jada

* Birth plans/preferences: no induction or epidural. If I lived with other women, I'd love to Homebirth, but I feel like I would really want to be surrounded or have a really supportive midwife to Homebirth. Homebirthing is something that we'd consider.

* Anything else you'd like to share:Just found out today. I am not proud of my moodiness this week (which is what helped me to decide to test), but we are so excited

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 PM

* EDD: April 6th, but more like April 20th or later for me.
* Name: Nina
* How long it took to you to get your BFP:First day of my missed period. I took the test due to a feeling I woke up with
* What number child is this for you: 4
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):DH 33 DD1 4 DS 3 DD2 19 months, a Siberian Husky and 2 black cats.
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): Everyone thinks boy
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Quinn for a boy, no girls names picked yet.
* Birth plans/preferences: Hospital this time with a midwife, but I will be studying UC and may change my plans. For my last birth, I switched to a homebirth midwife from an OB/GYN at 30 weeks.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I wear many hats - I'm a birth and postpartum doula and a lactation counselor all in the last year. I'm a veterinary technician and one class away from my masters in public health. 4 babies soon and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life (besides bringing up wonderful children)!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
Old 08-08-2010, 10:47 PM

* EDD: April 21, 2011
* Name: ComfyCozy is good
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 8dpo
* What number child is this for you: 9th pregnancy, hopefully the 8th one in arms
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH(42), DD(13), DD(10), DS(9), DS(6), DD(5), DD(2), DS(11mos), Featherbaby (2.5 or so years)
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): We are hoping for a boy, as our pattern is GGBBGGB...We need that last B! And a girl would be a totally fun twist.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Gabriel, Gilbert, Battista, Paul, Pio, Paulette, Cheryl, Rebecca, Ann ...
* Birth plans/preferences: Planning our third homebirth, second waterbirth!
*Anything else you'd like to share: I see I'm not the only birth professional in the list :-) I'm a doula, childbirth educator, placenta encapsulator, and a student midwife... Spreadin' the looovee! LOL!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:33 AM

I cannot believe I am here!!! Just got my BFP this morning. I was half surprised. lol. I went from Oing on day 30 the last 3 months to day 18. So even with tons of mucus I didn't really think I was fertile.

* EDD: April 20th
* Name: Taryn
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise!
* What number child is this for you: #3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, Paul, 29. DS, Joshua, 4. DD, Miriam, 18 months.
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): No clue!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): None yet.
* Birth plans/preferences: VBAC #2!
* Anything else you'd like to share: AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! lol.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Old 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't believe I am here either! Please add me!!!!

* EDD: April 11th, I think.
* Name: rcr
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: I was traveling when I got pregnant, so I did not test until I was a week past my missed period, so I pretty much knew I was pregnant before I tested.
* What number child is this for you:2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):3 dogs, 4 cats, 2.5 YO son, husband, mother with Alzheimers whom I care for.
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): female, I hope and guess
* Names you like (& are willing to share):
* Birth plans/preferences: homebirth
* Anything else you'd like to share: We have been TTC with fertility issues for nearly 2 years. Were about to start IUI and considering IVF when I got pregnant naturally.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM

EDD: Not sure yet.. Either early april or mid april
* Name: Tanya
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise!
* What number child is this for you: #3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, 28. DD, 3. DS 10months.
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): No clue!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): None yet.
* Birth plans/preferences: second home birth
* Anything else you'd like to share: I hate M/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Old 08-09-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATED

2happymamas and wembles...we were all in the Dec 08 DDC together! How fun to do it again!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Hi all!
Well I'm officially joining the April DDC! Just got a BFP @13 DPO on Friday! Line keeps getting darker so I think I'll join!

*Name: Erica
*How long it took to get my BFP: We started trying Dec. 24 2009 so exactly 7 months from first try to conception day! Lol.
*What # child is this? 5th pregnancy, 3rd baby. Have had early m/c both times before sticky beans so really really nervous about this one! Hoping to break that trend!!
*Family: DH John, DD Melanie (2.5), DS Deklan (15 months)
*Baby's gender: Dont care either way, we'll prob have one more after this so whatever is fine. My first mental image when I saw the BFP was boy but maybe that's just because my last baby was a boy? No idea. Don't think it means anything.
*Names: nothing yet but he/she will be named after my I'll grandmother whom I'm very close with.
*Birth Plans: HwBA2C (home water birth after 2 cesareans for those who are acronym challenged like myself.. Lol)
*Other thoughts: feeling a little queesy already at only 4w2d which isn't a good sign since I have HORRIBLe M/S with all pregnancies... But so happy about this pregnancy. dH and I are so unbelievably happy about this... It's weird. Haha. You would think we'd be more nervous about having 3 under 3. Haha. I love them SO MUCH tho!!

Oh oops forgot to add me EDD: April 16, 2011

So happy to join you all!!!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
Old 08-09-2010, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

updated
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
UPDATED

2happymamas and wembles...we were all in the Dec 08 DDC together! How fun to do it again!
I was in the Dec 08 DDC although mostly lurking Due 12/21/08, I didn't have Rayne until 01/09/09!!! And my name was babyluvandkisses at that time!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
Old 08-09-2010, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
I was in the Dec 08 DDC although mostly lurking Due 12/21/08, I didn't have Rayne until 01/09/09!!! And my name was babyluvandkisses at that time!
AWESOME! That's so FUN!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
* EDD: April 12
* Name: ICM, Hannah
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: It's been 5 months since a miscarriage
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH & DD
* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth with KC
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a bit tentative about this pregnancy just because I had a 12th week miscarriage 5 months ago. I'm definitely doing things differently this time. These boards may be a life saver for me because I don't plan on telling anyone for a long while. I just told my DH tonight.

Congrats to you all - I look forward to getting to know you!!

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 AM

* EDD: April 11
* Name: Alicia
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: first try
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH & 15 mo DS
* Birth plans/preferences: deciding between hosp VBAC and HBAC
* Anything else you'd like to share: My main focus this pregnancy is being healthy and achieving a VBAC.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 08-10-2010, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

updated
Old 08-10-2010, 05:41 PM

* EDD: Around 04/15/2011 Tax Day
* Name: Laura
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: I discussed some mysterious symptoms with DH last night (nothing that would make you think pregnancy), said "I'm going to take a pregnancy test tomorrow" and bam. There we are.
* What number child is this for you: 4th pregnancy, 3rd child (lost one earlier this year)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH of 6+ years, DD1 4, DD2 14 months
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): No hopes, I'll take either one quite happily...I'm guessing girl right now, only because it's all I have and I have no idea when I got pregnant and somehow that usually seems to mean girl.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): No idea!
* Birth plans/preferences: Hoping to have another homebirth-in-the-hospital experience just like I did with DD2. If we're in the same area, that is...if not, I may consider homebirth.
* Anything else you'd like to share: A little overwhelmed by the news right now. As usual, my body and intuition seemed to know I was pregnant before I was willing to mentally accept it (I kept thinking over the last week or so "I'm pregnant" even though we weren't trying at all...but I was pushing that thought to the back of my mind)...I've been thinking a lot about babies lately. I'm looking forward to another baby with all my heart, but very apprehensive about the change from 2 to 3...and the uncertainty of the world right now...it will be easier to be more uninhibited about getting excited once I've passed 12 weeks. I'm glad to see this DDC though...it looks delightful...like my May '09 DDC (I loved those ladies).

Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM

* Name: Sarah
* EDD: April 6th
* Location: Houston, TX (Hi Cassidy! I don't know you, but I think it's cool that we are in the same city! If you need a home birth midwife recommendation, I have a few)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 8 months of trying total, 4 months of charting, 1 month of supplements
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): dh is 27 and dd just turned 2!
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): Hoping for a boy but happy with healthy (no storks for me though, pleeeease)
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Not. One. Single. Name.
* Birth plans/preferences: This will be our second homebirth. Hoping that our midwife will take us back after being veeery slow to pay. I highly doubt it so I shall be looking for another midwife. I would LOVE a water birth this time around.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I've been here mostly lurking since there was only one thread, but haven't filled out the roster because I lurk from my phone and it is very hard to type out long responses on the phone.

Oh, and I am THRILLED to see babygrey here! We've been in the ttc forum together for a few months (well, I've only been there for a few months.)

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
Old 08-10-2010, 06:54 PM

* EDD: Based on when I think I ovulated, April 19
* Name: puddle
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We weren't actively trying...
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, 3 yr old DD
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): ?
* Names you like (& are willing to share): ?
* Birth plans/preferences: leaning toward homebirth. hoping to convince DH..
* Anything else you'd like to share: Just got a BFP yesterday and still sort of freaking out and in shock...
Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

updated
Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 PM

* EDD: (feel free to use 1st or 2nd half if you prefer): 4/19/2011
* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Liora
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: First Frozen Embryo Transfer after successful IVF
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses):
* Names you like (& are willing to share):
* Birth plans/preferences:
* Anything else you'd like to share:

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

updated
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 PM

* EDD: 4/9/2011 based on O date
* Name: bttrflygypsy
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 year and 10 IUI's!
* What number child is this for you: so excited for #1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DP of 5 years, 3 kitties and 1 dog
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): no guesses, my hope is for a sticky bean and a health baby!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): none yet
* Birth plans/preferences: homebirth-like hospital birth with a MW
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm still in shock at the positive hpt and have been lurking here for a week, finally got up the courage to post!!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

updated
Old 08-12-2010, 01:51 AM

* EDD: 04/19/2011
* Name: Annie
* Age: 24, willl be 25 when baby gets here (my b-day is April 8th )
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: SURPRISE!! BFP on 9-11 dpo (my O date was a little iffy)
* What number child is this for you: 4th child, 3rd pregnancy (my oldest is my adopted stepdaughter)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH 29 and everyone else is in my siggy! All their b-days (including my DH) are within a month of each other in late Nov - late Dec.
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): I, personally, would have NO idea what to do with a boy!! so a girl is fine with me. For my DH I would like to have a boy though...........so either way I'm good!
* Names you like (& are willing to share): If it is a boy I like Kevin or Zachary.......girls, I dunno, I have kind of exhausted my imagination in the girl dept
* Birth plans/preferences: Not sure...........still trying to process my BFP
* Anything else you'd like to share: Hope we all have a H&H nine months

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM

* EDD: April 25
* Name: Karma (Jamie)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 8 cycles
* What number child is this for you: 5, but first for DH
* Family: 22 yo twin sons, 14 yo ds, 12 yo dd
* Baby's gender: my guess is girl, given the early bfp at 9 dpo
* Anything else you'd like to share: hoping and really praying that i can stay here! m/c rates at my age are high, praying for a healthy, sticky baby!!!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM

* EDD:April 19th
* Name: Pinky, Pink Kitten
* How long it took to you to get your BFP:7 months
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):DH(27), DD(2yrs) DDog, 2DCats.
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses):Doesn't matter to us! We just want a healthy wee one!
* Names you like (& are willing to share):Just found out yesterday, so we have no idea.
* Birth plans/preferences:After an emergency C-section, I'm hoping for a VBAC.
* Anything else you'd like to share:
Old 08-12-2010, 06:46 PM

Wehrli just turned me onto this part of the forum, so I'm joining now!

* EDD: April 2, 2011 (not midwife official yet, but based upon ovulation date)
* Name: gumshoegirl
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 time (3 inseminations over 4 days with a known donor)
* What number child is this for you: #3 (two children through adoption)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DW (30), DD (15), DS (12), dog
* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): The adults want ONE healthy baby. Our son wants a boy to even out the gender balance in the house.
* Names you like (& are willing to share): Still working on it.
* Birth plans/preferences: I'd like a homebirth, Wifey would like a hospital birth. I think she's going to get the win on this one.
* Anything else you'd like to share: n/a

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 PM

Hi everyone. Tentatively dipping my toe in here.

Due date calculators put my EDD in mid-April but, realistically, birth date will be the very end of April or maybe even early May (last baby was exactly 10 months from LMP date to birth, at 42w5d, first was extracted at 41w5d).

This is completely unplanned, surprise baby #3 for us; we are still rather in shock.

One husband, one son (5 yrs), one daughter (2 yrs)

Haven't spoken to my midwife yet, but desperately hoping she will be available. She was indispensable to my HBAC, and I can't imagine birthing without her.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

updated

karmab!!!!! Yay! So happy to see you in here!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:20 PM

* EDD: April 21, 2011
* Name: Claire
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 5 cycles
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): dh and ds, 2 dogs, 7 chickens
* Names you like (& are willing to share): have tossed around Charles Niall and Hugh Davis for boys. Caroline Ruth, or Caroline Grace maybe for girls. Nothing is really set in stone yet.
* Birth plans/preferences: we'd like a homebirth this time, and I'm trying to get some interviews set up with a couple of local midwives. But our insurance covers 100% so it's going to come down to whether or not we can afford it.
* Anything else you'd like to share: nope

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

User Tag List