Morning Sickness VENT thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 104 Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
to everyone suffering. This is so hard....

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#62 of 104 Old 08-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
insatiable hunger + neverending nausea = lots of suck.
i constantly need to eat but i never want to because i'm going to puke before, during, and after every time.

has anyone tried hazelwood?
thinking about buying a hazelwood necklace to see if it helps at all...
#63 of 104 Old 08-29-2010, 04:05 PM

Ugh...anyone know how long you can survive on a garlic bread only diet?

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#64 of 104 Old 08-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle View Post
insatiable hunger + neverending nausea = lots of suck.
I completely feel your pain. I'm always so hungry- even while I'm eating and afterwards I feel like I'm starving. But I also feel nauseous so I don't want to eat anything. The only things I can eat without feeling sick are italian ices and popsicles, but those are definitely not filling or nutritious! I have just been forcing myself to eat but it really does suck.

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#65 of 104 Old 08-30-2010, 04:20 PM

Well I joined the Zofran club. After I took it I ate a grilled chicken wrap and DID NOT throw up! Hooray. Still have major food aversions but being able to keep something down that isn't bread is awesome.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#66 of 104 Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok here I go…I FEEL COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AWFUL. Several times a day I feel so defeated by the 24/7 horrible nausea that I just break down. I had nausea with DS, for 20 weeks! But, b/c he was my first and I worked mostly from home, I think it was more manageable and I could lay down when I needed to. Now I am just completely miserable. I wake up in the middle of the night from the nausea and just try to fall back asleep. Then I wake up early in the AM again with the nausea. Did I say I have it all day and all night?!?! I am VENTing! The worst part for me is the horrendous food aversions and inability to cook, prepare me or DS’s meals and now I can’t even grocery shop. I am a HUGE nutrition nut so this is especially hard for me mentally. I normally eat tons of vegetables and no take out. From 5 weeks on, all I can stomach is carbs and some cheese and take out b/c I don’t have to prepare it. I know this food actually makes me feel worse, but I just can’t stomach anything green or even remotely healthy other than some fruit. And even that is touch and go. Thankfully I have some help from my mother and my MIL, but not everyday, so those days w/o help are especially hard and I either gag, cry or both while preparing food for us. I also have been SO careful about everything I have fed to my 15 month old DS, but now, I just give him what I have and can physically handle. My DH is very supportive, but he works a ton, so he’s not around to help a lot except on weekends. He will pick up food on his way home, but sometimes that is so late that I can’t wait and don’t even know what to eat. I’m sure many of you have that feeling of not wanting to eat ANYTHING, but knowing that the only thing that will remotely help is actually eating SOMETHING of substance. Cereal and toast don’t cut it. If I don’t get something substantial in by 8 AM, I’m in for it, and then it’s every 2-3 hours that I need to eat something and I just whine at the thought of what to possibly eat since NOTHING is appealing. I can’t imagine another 3 months of this if it lasts as long as it did with DS. I am thinking of trying acupuncture but need to figure out how to fit that in. The thought of driving anywhere a couple of times/week is daunting. I think I have tried most other natural remedies. I am not yet willing to go the unisom route, though if it gets any worse I may break down. I am just really opposed to most meds and can’t imagine that taking a sleeping pill during early pg can be w/o some potential affect. Thanks for the support in advance.
#67 of 104 Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmummy View Post
Ok here I go…I FEEL COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AWFUL. Several times a day I feel so defeated by the 24/7 horrible nausea that I just break down. I had nausea with DS, for 20 weeks! But, b/c he was my first and I worked mostly from home, I think it was more manageable and I could lay down when I needed to. Now I am just completely miserable. I wake up in the middle of the night from the nausea and just try to fall back asleep. Then I wake up early in the AM again with the nausea. Did I say I have it all day and all night?!?! I am VENTing! The worst part for me is the horrendous food aversions and inability to cook, prepare me or DS’s meals and now I can’t even grocery shop. I am a HUGE nutrition nut so this is especially hard for me mentally. I normally eat tons of vegetables and no take out. From 5 weeks on, all I can stomach is carbs and some cheese and take out b/c I don’t have to prepare it. I know this food actually makes me feel worse, but I just can’t stomach anything green or even remotely healthy other than some fruit. And even that is touch and go. Thankfully I have some help from my mother and my MIL, but not everyday, so those days w/o help are especially hard and I either gag, cry or both while preparing food for us. I also have been SO careful about everything I have fed to my 15 month old DS, but now, I just give him what I have and can physically handle. My DH is very supportive, but he works a ton, so he’s not around to help a lot except on weekends. He will pick up food on his way home, but sometimes that is so late that I can’t wait and don’t even know what to eat. I’m sure many of you have that feeling of not wanting to eat ANYTHING, but knowing that the only thing that will remotely help is actually eating SOMETHING of substance. Cereal and toast don’t cut it. If I don’t get something substantial in by 8 AM, I’m in for it, and then it’s every 2-3 hours that I need to eat something and I just whine at the thought of what to possibly eat since NOTHING is appealing. I can’t imagine another 3 months of this if it lasts as long as it did with DS. I am thinking of trying acupuncture but need to figure out how to fit that in. The thought of driving anywhere a couple of times/week is daunting. I think I have tried most other natural remedies. I am not yet willing to go the unisom route, though if it gets any worse I may break down. I am just really opposed to most meds and can’t imagine that taking a sleeping pill during early pg can be w/o some potential affect. Thanks for the support in advance.
This is me to a T. I haven't made a salad in weeks. My kids haven't eaten veggies in weeks. I can stomach fruit, cheese, toast, and tons of take out. Which we totally can't afford. We usually spend $20 or less a month on resturant food. I spend that much every day. I can not cook or prepare food. Washing the dishes and seeing bits and pieces of food grosses me out to no end. I do feel better after eating meat and protein but its so hard to chew and swallow when you are gagging. OMG is this over yet?? I do love this thread. It does help to know what we aren't alone. I dont know anyone in real life who gets this sick besides me. All my friends love being pregnant and "glow". I look and feel like death warmed over. I am so tired I can barely function and take care of my kids. I can't grocery shop. Smelling the garbage in the kitchen makes me gag. UGH.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#68 of 104 Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 AM

This is me...my nausea isn't quite as bad, but the food and smell aversions are torture. I've lost about 6 lbs so far (hey, while we're at it...I'd like to drop another 14? Possible?).
We've ordered too much takeout, but I am normally anti-leftovers and that has become 1000% worse under the influence of m/s.
I'm very proud of myself though...tonight I had a bit of energy, so I boiled 1lb of elbow macaroni, tossed in some broccoli florets, baby carrots until they were slightly tender. I used half to make a cold pasta salad (which my two girls are eating for dinner now - added turkey lunch meat, cheese, olives, kidney beans, tomatoes and some Newman's Balsamic vinaigrette). The other half I'll use tomorrow with some cooked chicken and make a little sauce w/ parm and lemon. It's the most cooking I've done in days. Last night we ate grilled cheese and tomato soup (I <3 dh so much for being okay with that meal).

hugs to all of you mommies. This is rough, I know. We'll all be through it soon!

Quote:

#69 of 104 Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM

Washing dishes really is horrible. Blech. Cooking sucks. Everything sucks.
I'm not eating vegetables anymore, but DD still gets a tiny bit. I bought some Just Tomatoes brand freeze-dried peas and corn and mixed them together. DD loves her "peas and corn." But that's about all I can feed her except yogurt these days. I feel terrible that I can't cook for her anymore. I'm actually glad that I have to work 2 nights a week right now because when DH is home alone with her he actually cooks for her so she gets a little bit of decent food. I'm totally in survival mode right now and I hate it. Mostly because I'm afraid this will be like my pregnancy with DD and the sick will never go away.
#70 of 104 Old 08-31-2010, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
This is me to a T. I haven't made a salad in weeks. My kids haven't eaten veggies in weeks. I can stomach fruit, cheese, toast, and tons of take out. Which we totally can't afford. We usually spend $20 or less a month on resturant food. I spend that much every day. I can not cook or prepare food. Washing the dishes and seeing bits and pieces of food grosses me out to no end. I do feel better after eating meat and protein but its so hard to chew and swallow when you are gagging. OMG is this over yet?? I do love this thread. It does help to know what we aren't alone. I dont know anyone in real life who gets this sick besides me. All my friends love being pregnant and "glow". I look and feel like death warmed over. I am so tired I can barely function and take care of my kids. I can't grocery shop. Smelling the garbage in the kitchen makes me gag. UGH.
Exactly! Not *one* of my friends has had this type of MS, so they don't really understand. They try to sympathize, but they don't really get it. Even my own mother - who says she was sick the entire 9 months with all 4 of us- is only somewhat sympathetic. I think she thinks i just need to grin and bear it. Trust me, if i could i would. i am NOT a wimp when it comes to pain or being sick. And i would rather be in labor than feel like this.

My concern right now is how i am going to keep working - i've had to call in sick several times already and i don't have the kind of job where someone else can just cover for me - i need to get the work done somehow. But. i. can't. function!
#71 of 104 Old 08-31-2010, 04:43 PM

I just managed to make myself a sandwich and feel a little better--but I puked twice while making it. And the second time I puked so hard that I peed my pants.
#72 of 104 Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 AM

I had been feeling okay the last time I posted in this thread. However, I have been feeling sicker each day for the past week. I upped my dose of Diclectin to 5 a day (two in the morning, one mid afternoon and two at bedtime). But it just wasn't cutting it, I've still been feeling really nauseous, 24/7. Thankfully I've only puked once but I feel very close to it for a good portion of the day.

Last night I was doing some research about what else I could possibly take for the nausea. I decided to try Gravol (Dimenhydrinate) as according to Motherisk it is very safe in pregnancy - safer than Zofran. I took one this morning (50mg - and you can take up to 200mg) and I feel so much better than normal! Not saying I don't still feel nauseous, but at least I don't feel like I'm about to puke!

Something to make all of you who are feeling sick feel a little better (from the motherisk website):

"Researchers at The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) Motherisk Program have found that morning sickness, which impacts up to 80 per cent of pregnancies, enhances children's long-term neurodevelopment."

So us feeling sick with make our babies smarter!

I also wanted to say thank you for the suggestion of the ginger ale and lemonade mix - very palatable!

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#73 of 104 Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM

Seriously when is this going to get better. Ill be 10 weeks in 2 days... The nausea and gagging is so strong. I have been hiberating inside. Its been 100 degrees here the past few days ( its not normally that hot in the north east). I can't take it anymore. We have window units units but its still hot and its making me feel worse. I have to go out today. Dd's first day of preschool and I am so dreading the hot car thing.... the nausea. Hope I dont throw up everywhere...
not to mention my 11 month old has been teething and horrible at night lately... SO tired. Seriously miss being energentic and happy. I am so miserable right now and the worst mother. My kids are eating junk... AHHHHHH

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#74 of 104 Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM

It does help to read that you all are suffering too. I've never thrown up in pregnancy, and I know that I am definitely not as bad as most of you--but just hearing that others just *can't* cook, the grocery store smells so bad that I just can't go there, anyone talking about food makes me feel so much worse, etc. etc. etc. My husband is really great but sometimes I wonder if he thinks I am being over dramatic! The kids do ALL of the dishes and cleanup (thank GOODNESS), my husband has been making breakfast, lunch and dinner. He does ALL of the grocery shopping and most of the menu planning since I can't really even think about food. I am very lucky

I remember in my last pregnancy, my husband was working out of the home and I had to do it all--I trained the older kids to go shopping for me--I would get cash out of the ATM and send them in for macaroni and cheese (since they can cook that themselves) bread, yogurt, and ice cream sometimes. And I am totally into nutrition too, so that was completely out of desperation!
#75 of 104 Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I feel your pain! I have feeding my DS cereal for every.single.meal. I try to cook tf and it killed me to buy boxed cereal, but it was the only thing I could think of. I completely forgot about boxed pasta and such...I will have to get some of that for poor DS. It's been a while since I cooked from a packet but I think I could manage it for DS's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaki View Post
I had been feeling okay the last time I posted in this thread. However, I have been feeling sicker each day for the past week. I upped my dose of Diclectin to 5 a day (two in the morning, one mid afternoon and two at bedtime). But it just wasn't cutting it, I've still been feeling really nauseous, 24/7. Thankfully I've only puked once but I feel very close to it for a good portion of the day.

Last night I was doing some research about what else I could possibly take for the nausea. I decided to try Gravol (Dimenhydrinate) as according to Motherisk it is very safe in pregnancy - safer than Zofran. I took one this morning (50mg - and you can take up to 200mg) and I feel so much better than normal! Not saying I don't still feel nauseous, but at least I don't feel like I'm about to puke!

Something to make all of you who are feeling sick feel a little better (from the motherisk website):

"Researchers at The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) Motherisk Program have found that morning sickness, which impacts up to 80 per cent of pregnancies, enhances children's long-term neurodevelopment."

So us feeling sick with make our babies smarter!

I also wanted to say thank you for the suggestion of the ginger ale and lemonade mix - very palatable!

PS - lemon seltzer water has been good to me. A friend suggested a pinch of ginger in it, to help with nausea, which I am going to try tomorrow.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#76 of 104 Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Everyone on Page 4 I completely empathize with there. SOOO been there! I say "been there" because I am cautiously optimistic that the puking is ended!!! I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I am *still* very zombie-like. But the puking I believe I have control over. I can feel the changes going on inside me. For one thing I have crapped every day for the last four days which is a HUGE sign of improvement for me! (Once a WEEK during the horrible part of the m/s!) It definitely seemed to get worse right before it got better, which kind of makes sense if the hCG was peaking. Now I think the placenta is starting to really do its job! Power to the placenta! I have taken my prenatals every day for the past three days which is also huge!

I still am very much "dead" in the evenings and can feel my body rapidly winding down toward the end of the afternoon. Still mostly just eating carbs. Canned soups (Muir Glen brand) are wonderfully easy to eat (especially chicken noodle soup.) The day that the puking stopped was the first day that I tried sucking on a candy for ten minutes before I got up in the morning and I think that helped a lot. Reminds me a lot of how diabetics just need a piece of candy in those moments when their blood sugar has crashed. If I start to go down the low-blood-sugar-lane I will try a hard candy and it helps sometimes just to give me a moment of stabilization so that I can eat something. But this has only worked toward the end-ish-ness of the m/s. For most of the time before nothing worked and I just succumbed to it like waves crashing over me.

Also I am still generally weak throughout the day and spend mucho time on the couch, although now I actually have the mental capacity to read instead of just watching daytime television. (Incidentally, I think I understand now why old people like shows like the Price is Right and Family Feud so much. Having a body that feels weak makes seeing people who are happy and joyful a bit uplifting!)

Still heavily relying on others (DH and DM and DF) to do the cooking, shopping, cleaning, and kid-wrangling. I tried making hummus the other evening because that sounded good and the garlic smell on my hands almost did me in. Had to stop immediately and just leave everything to be cleaned by others.

Sooo thankful that fall is coming. Cooler weather will be a welcome change!
#77 of 104 Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM

I'm thankful that I'm not throwing up constantly but I want this icky feeling to end. I wake up starving and can't find anything even remotely tolerable to eat. So frustrating!!!! Starving right now and nothing sounds good.

We went shopping last night and DH laughed at me because I got lots of easy to cook things. I told him if he wanted meat for the next few weeks it would be on him to fix it. Bleh..

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#78 of 104 Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveJewel View Post
Everyone on Page 4 I completely empathize with there. SOOO been there! I say "been there" because I am cautiously optimistic that the puking is ended!!! I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I am *still* very zombie-like. But the puking I believe I have control over. I can feel the changes going on inside me. For one thing I have crapped every day for the last four days which is a HUGE sign of improvement for me! (Once a WEEK during the horrible part of the m/s!) It definitely seemed to get worse right before it got better, which kind of makes sense if the hCG was peaking. Now I think the placenta is starting to really do its job! Power to the placenta! I have taken my prenatals every day for the past three days which is also huge!

I still am very much "dead" in the evenings and can feel my body rapidly winding down toward the end of the afternoon. Still mostly just eating carbs. Canned soups (Muir Glen brand) are wonderfully easy to eat (especially chicken noodle soup.) The day that the puking stopped was the first day that I tried sucking on a candy for ten minutes before I got up in the morning and I think that helped a lot. Reminds me a lot of how diabetics just need a piece of candy in those moments when their blood sugar has crashed. If I start to go down the low-blood-sugar-lane I will try a hard candy and it helps sometimes just to give me a moment of stabilization so that I can eat something. But this has only worked toward the end-ish-ness of the m/s. For most of the time before nothing worked and I just succumbed to it like waves crashing over me.

Also I am still generally weak throughout the day and spend mucho time on the couch, although now I actually have the mental capacity to read instead of just watching daytime television. (Incidentally, I think I understand now why old people like shows like the Price is Right and Family Feud so much. Having a body that feels weak makes seeing people who are happy and joyful a bit uplifting!)

Still heavily relying on others (DH and DM and DF) to do the cooking, shopping, cleaning, and kid-wrangling. I tried making hummus the other evening because that sounded good and the garlic smell on my hands almost did me in. Had to stop immediately and just leave everything to be cleaned by others.

Sooo thankful that fall is coming. Cooler weather will be a welcome change!
Wow! That could have been you in my body writing all that! Kinda eerie...hehe. Glad you're starting to do better.

I'm 10 weeks today, also, and starting to feel a tiny bit better. My good BM have been due to the magnesium I'm consuming in huge doses to try to help with the RLS, though. But however they come, I'm grateful not to feel all yucky from the constipation.

ROFL @ the Price is Right, etc...does a body good to see all that energy. I like Rachael Ray, also, if I can stay awake from 2-3 to see it.

I don't have family that helps me here...DH family is the pits, so even though they are pretty close, nothing comes from that corner, but a few days ago, 3 young girls stopped by with a peach pie and some homemade bread and jam for us, and while they were here, they did my dishes, floors, and some laundry. Another girl took DS for several hours yesterday afternoon/evening so I could get some rest and have a little alone time with DH. What a blessing!!!

Today is our day...we find our for sure about the twins...what a LONG week! Glad it's almost over...3 1/2 hours to go...

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#79 of 104 Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Boy, pride surely goes before the fall! Last night, about an hour after I posted that, my husband comes in the bedroom, where I'm just facebooking and trying to ignore that cauldron in my stomach, and starts talking to me about god knows what. I can feel myself crashing and cannot talk with him. I tell him I don't feel good and he says, "Well maybe it's what your eating. Are you just eating bread?" And I said, "Do not even think that you know." He left to watch a bit more tv and I tried to turn the light off and go to sleep but as soon as I put my head down, I knew it was coming.

I had been snacking on what I thought was my wonder snack all day: boiled garbanzo beans that had been dried in the oven with salt. They seemed so perfect and I made sure I drank lots of water. They really did work good, but the hormones are still regulating and they can definitely still spike, bringing me back to the more delicate stage. I don't mind it that much. Back to morning zombie (no puking this morning!! I think the mint in the morning helps.) and back to The Price is Right! Yesterday I almost missed meeting my son at the bus-stop on the corner because I didn't watch The Price is Right. When it's over, Family Feud comes on and at the first commercial break I went to get him. (I think that was a schedule I developed a few days ago! ) Yesterday I was listening to Joni Mitchell's album Night Ride Home on repeat and writing down the lyrics to my favorite song on that album The Second Coming (based on W.B. Yeats Poem-Crazy to read when you are pregnant) and suddenly the thought blasted into my head that I needed to pick Noah up from the bus-stop and I didn't know what time it was! I ran into the bathroom to check the time (11:10, bus-stop time 11:13--they don't wait for you!!!). No time to get the 2-year-old ready to come with me--no time to do anything! Thankfully my dad was in the kitchen, but I had no time to tell him anything--RUN!!!!! I tore out of the house in bare feet, ran down the cobblestone driveway and on asphalt in 100 degree heat! Made it to the shade tree just as the bus arrived. Must have been a sight to see me in barefeet as I crossed the street to the sharp red gravel and welcomed my son from the bus. "Why are you barefoot, Mom?" "Oh, nothing, just ran out of the house. I was afraid I was going to miss you!" "Oh." Scrunched up look on his face as he kicks the gravel toward home. The adrenaline was still pumping so I didn't feel a thing until after the bus pulled away and it was just me and Noah holding hands. "Ow! I gotta run back to the house, my feet are burning!"

It actually felt kind of good to run like that, but I paid the price. My body rapidly declined in energy level toward the end of the day. My mind soon followed. I became zombie prego once again. A comfortable space once I became familiar with it. Grunt and grumble and answer everything with an "I don't know." Kind of like a teenager in some ways.

I think it's easier to joke about it now that I think I see the light in the distance!

On good thing about morning sickness... I'm so glad I got to know John O'Hurley, the ousted host of Family Feud! He is such a snagglepuss! I think I'm going to buy his CD.
#80 of 104 Old 09-04-2010, 05:04 AM

I see I am in good company here.

I have been SO sick for 3 weeks now. Puking constantly, can't keep down any real food. Mostly subsisting on watermelon and popsicles. I can't even drink anything without gagging. I throw up every morning when I try to brush my teeth, then at least once again when I try to brush them before bed. Usually once or twice in between too.

I just threw up the only meal I ate today. I still have macaroni stuck in my nose.

I have been making my husband change my daughter's poopy diapers (thankfully he has been on vacation for 2 weeks). But I still have to rinse them in the toilet because he won't do that part (we're exclusively cloth here). I just puked while rinsing diapers. And because the poopy diaper was already in the toilet, I ran out of the room and puked in a bucket. Then I had to get up off the floor and finish cleaning the diapers so that I could clean the bucket of puke out. JOY!

I also hate throwing up in public. Last week I had to leave work early because I was so sick. So at noon I was outside the mall waiting for my husband to pick me up and I had to puke in a bush in front of TONS of people who probably all thought I was hung-over because it was a Saturday (and I live in a student town and am only 25). Lovely.

I HATE morning sickness. I wish I could look forward to the second trimester, but I was puking until 18 weeks with my daughter. It is worse this time though. Much worse. And I'm nursing... so I'm getting like NO calories

Thanks for the vent, I needed that!

Mama to Gracie (2) and wife to Sean
#81 of 104 Old 09-04-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleytheIslander View Post
I see I am in good company here.

I have been SO sick for 3 weeks now. Puking constantly, can't keep down any real food. Mostly subsisting on watermelon and popsicles. I can't even drink anything without gagging. I throw up every morning when I try to brush my teeth, then at least once again when I try to brush them before bed. Usually once or twice in between too.

I just threw up the only meal I ate today. I still have macaroni stuck in my nose.

I have been making my husband change my daughter's poopy diapers (thankfully he has been on vacation for 2 weeks). But I still have to rinse them in the toilet because he won't do that part (we're exclusively cloth here). I just puked while rinsing diapers. And because the poopy diaper was already in the toilet, I ran out of the room and puked in a bucket. Then I had to get up off the floor and finish cleaning the diapers so that I could clean the bucket of puke out. JOY!

I also hate throwing up in public. Last week I had to leave work early because I was so sick. So at noon I was outside the mall waiting for my husband to pick me up and I had to puke in a bush in front of TONS of people who probably all thought I was hung-over because it was a Saturday (and I live in a student town and am only 25). Lovely.

I HATE morning sickness. I wish I could look forward to the second trimester, but I was puking until 18 weeks with my daughter. It is worse this time though. Much worse. And I'm nursing... so I'm getting like NO calories

Thanks for the vent, I needed that!
DD2 is potting training and pooped in her underwear the other day and got it up her back, etc. I called DH and begged him to come home from work to deal with it. She had to sit on her little potty until he got home to clean her up. I just couldn't do it!! It was too nasty!

Don't worry about what other people think. Let them think you're hung over if they want!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#82 of 104 Old 09-04-2010, 11:19 PM

I'm sooooo hungry right now MIND YOU I JUST ATE! I am 9w2d and as soon as I eat, I throw up. I had a pretty decent week and finally went back to work in the mornings but I pretty much was chained to my bed each after noon. My nights have been pretty decent but I dread going to bed because I know that the cycle begins again the next day. My doctor prescribed Zofran and I didn't take it UNTIL I threw up everything (including water) for a couple of days straight. I thought I was dying and I have never felt that dehydrated in my life so I turned to the Zofran and it made such a huge difference. I checked out MotherRisk.org and that made me less nervous about Zofran.

The worst part of my week was a "pep talk" from my DM. She told me that I only felt bad because I wasn't fixing myself up. She also told me that I needed to suck it up because she did what she had to do when she was pregnant with me.

Is it just me or does it sometimes seem like people think you are just making up how terrible you feel? I can't describe the misery but I don't think it was nearly this bad with my first child. Right now I am surviving off of Waffles, milk, cinnamon toast crunch, turkey sandwiches and soup. I also had a strawberry milk shake last night that served as my dinner.

Side note: I read a book called "Supernatural Childbirth" that really pumped up my faith and made me feel tons better. If anything it took my mind off of the sickness.

P married to B mama to DD (01/05) and happily expecting 4/1/2011
#83 of 104 Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleytheIslander View Post
I throw up every morning when I try to brush my teeth, then at least once again when I try to brush them before bed.
The toothbrush is a HUGE trigger for me!! Every time I attempt to brush my teeth, it leads to a 10-minute puke session
My dentist called the other day to schedule a cleaning (I was supposed to go last month), and I told them that I would delay this visit indefinitely for their own sake

I told DH last night (while laying on the bathroom floor in tears) that this was it; I was done! No more kids after this one!! He said he would remind me of this in a couple years People always talk about 'birth amnesia'; forget that! I need '1st trimester amnesia'!!! I would take labor any day over this.

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#84 of 104 Old 09-05-2010, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

I am 10w1d and this thing has taken a new twist!

I had three good days and thought I was in the clear. Then puked in the evening. Next day same thing. Tonight same thing. At least I'm still crapping, thankfully!

Now I'm back to having NO energy during the day. I am a couch fungus. And every night, whether my stomach is full or not, around 9-ish, I have to puke. And the weird thing is that now I *don't* feel better afterward. I *don't* feel like I want to eat afterward. I really have to force myself. Today I asked hubby to get me some hummus and he came back with spicy (his favorite) and tomato basil. Tomato stuff is *not* vibing with me right now. After I threw up I just sat on the kitchen floor and almost cried because I thought that the *only* thing I could eat was hummus! (If I actually had it I might not have liked it, though, because the garlic.) Finally got myself to eat a bowl of cereal.

This morning it took all my effort to peel myself out of bed. Part of it is just depression at not wanting to face another day of absolute helplessness! I am so done with this!!!

to all my warrior sisters going through this!
#85 of 104 Old 09-05-2010, 03:17 AM

Ugh. I have night sickness - I had horrible 24 hour sickness with DD and with my middle m/c and thought I was in the clear with this one since it seems to be much milder - I can actually eat instead of getting that horrible roiling stomach all day. Except it has gotten worse and worse each night.

Guess when I take my pills? Yep, at night. So I'm sitting here, tired and wanting to go to bed but am trying to psych myself up into taking my pills because even the thought of them is making me want to puke.

Ugh.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#86 of 104 Old 09-06-2010, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

It's 8pm. I want to brush my teeth. But I'm afraid to. It's like my morning sickness is taunting me... "Go ahead! You know you want to get that acid taste out of your mouth. You'll feel fresher afterward, then you can go to sleep."

But I don't want to lose my food that I worked hard to get down!

Morning sickness, I am so tired of your bulls#%t!!!
#87 of 104 Old 09-06-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveJewel View Post
It's 8pm. I want to brush my teeth. But I'm afraid to. It's like my morning sickness is taunting me... "Go ahead! You know you want to get that acid taste out of your mouth. You'll feel fresher afterward, then you can go to sleep."

But I don't want to lose my food that I worked hard to get down!

Morning sickness, I am so tired of your bulls#%t!!!
I seriously could have written this post! I am sitting here wasting time on the computer trying to let the little bit of dinner I had digest a bit in the hopes that I will absorb some calories/nutrients today. D@mn you toothbrush!!

#88 of 104 Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 PM

looks like I get to join this club. I have 24/7 nausea, without any throwing up *knock on wood*. It's exactly how it was with ds. it started sometime last week. At first it was just when I got hungry, now eating doesn't help. The only thing that pushes it back is ginger ale. and the food aversions are slowly creeping in on me. Beef is the big one so far, and stuff with a lot of heavy smells or flavors. bland is good. i'm really wanting some potato soup, but it's too hot to make it.

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#89 of 104 Old 09-07-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post
The toothbrush is a HUGE trigger for me!! Every time I attempt to brush my teeth, it leads to a 10-minute puke session
My dentist called the other day to schedule a cleaning (I was supposed to go last month), and I told them that I would delay this visit indefinitely for their own sake

I told DH last night (while laying on the bathroom floor in tears) that this was it; I was done! No more kids after this one!! He said he would remind me of this in a couple years People always talk about 'birth amnesia'; forget that! I need '1st trimester amnesia'!!! I would take labor any day over this.
I made the huge mistake of trying to brush my tongue this morning... NOT fun. My MS was actually better on Sat and Sun... but back with vengeance yesterday and today.... sigh...

I am so with you Alicia... I would MUCH rather go through labour than MS... any day!

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#90 of 104 Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post
I said the exact same thing to my husband the other day. NO MORE! If we decide we want a third child, we can adopt.

I've had two bouts of dry heaves since last Friday (no actual vomit....ever) and I have all these nasty dark freckly spots around my eyes from broken capillaries. And my cheeks hurt.

If I don't eat every hour on the dot, I feel worse, but I am so sick of thinking about food and planning mini-meals.

Mom to energy.gif(11/08) and  babyboy.gif  (4/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page