Morning Sickness VENT thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtueMama View Post

The worst part of my week was a "pep talk" from my DM. She told me that I only felt bad because I wasn't fixing myself up. She also told me that I needed to suck it up because she did what she had to do when she was pregnant with me.
oh my goodness. my mom was all "I felt so great when I was pregnant!" I refrained from strangling her and reminded her she was 22 years old. I'm 35! Ugh!

I think women who got it lucky without much sickness think we are faking. I really don't know how I can be expected to go to work and be productive when I'm yakking up my stomach every 30 minutes

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Add me to the group telling their husbands I will not do this again. We always wanted 3-4, but there is no way I can go through this again. And I totally had pregnancy amnesia from last time. DH keeps telling me I was just as sick, but I can't imagine that I would have put myself through this again had I remembered. I'm down seven pounds at 8 weeks and being the worst mom to my poor little toddler. I am so depressed, all I can handle is sitting on the couch and crawling to the bathroom.

Liora- I agree that I don't think women who have been through it believe how bad it can get. The girls in my running group are wondering why I had to drop out of our marathon relay training. One emailed me and said not to worry if I had to run slow for five miles. I was like, I can barely climb the stairs, I'm showering sitting down, I don't think I could walk more than a parking lot right now let alone run miles. I think they think I'm being a wuss.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrieoseal View Post
Add me to the group telling their husbands I will not do this again. .
Amen! My name will be signed right under yours. No more over here either and we wanted just one more. I definitely had amnesia but am keeping a very thorough journal this time so that I never forget the first trimester! I'm looking forward to adopting (we wanted 3 of our own and to adopt a family of 3).

We will all be singing a different tune by the third trimester (I hope)...

P married to B mama to DD (01/05) and happily expecting 4/1/2011
Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 PM

I'm trying to get a protein shake down but it keeps sliding right back out into the toilet.
And now I have a jar of salsa smashed all over the kitchen floor that I have no idea how to clean up because it's so disgusting.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
I don't have it like many of you do but I did want to chime in and say, "Morning sickness my a$$!" That is the worst name! They could change mine to, "Gradually rolls in as soon as DH walks into the door and peaks out at about 4am sickness."

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 PM

I had to dig this from page 2. Fellow soliders in the m/s war.... how is everyone doing? This %^$# SUCKS. 11 weeks and still feeling like crud. I have managed to eat 3 decent meals today and I am still so sick feeling. Is this over yet.
I dont think I am doing this again. EVER again. 3 times is enough torture thanks. AHHHHHHHHHH

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 PM

its been a really yuck day here today. i've felt really nauseous all day, nothing helps. food is disgusting, but I HAVE to eat, or I get even sicker

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am right there with you all. I have found that drinking pedialyte keeps me from getting dehydrated. It saved me on Sunday when I couldn't keep anything else down. I just keep telling myself "it will pass. it will pass".

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hopefully this will make y'll feel hopeful rather than wanting to poke my eyes out.... 11w+4d and I feel muuuch better! I still get waves of nausea around bedtime, but most of the day I do very well. I can eat and drink freely (except water which kinda sucks) and haven't thrown up in 10 days. I am still taking the Zofran during the day and 1/2 a Unisom at night, so that's probably a factor, but I was doing that weeks ago when I felt like the living dead.

I really hope this is the beginning of the end rather than just a lull before it picks up again. But in any case, I'm so happy and relieved

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I’m with you mamas. I still feel like death walking. I’m 9w3d. I relate to so many of you but no one IRL. My friends and fam just don’t understand b/c none have experienced MS this bad or at all. My own mother still thinks I should be able to suck it up…”do you really feel that bad”…she had MS with all 4 of us, but who knows if it was as bad??? I know I am not a wuss. I can’t function most of the time. I feel like the worst mother to my 16 month old. I can’t feed him, I mostly have people helping me with meals (thank goodness). My milk is totally drying up, I think he gets a few sips a day from all his attempts. I started acupuncture last week and so far it may be helping a smidge. I go again tomorrow and am hoping the 3rd visit will be a charm. I’m sitting a my computer “working” right now. I haven’t eaten anything by a few crackers and some watered down lemonade but I KNOW I need to eat soon or it’s going to get uglier…but I HATE food. And, there is nothing in my house that I can remotely stomach, so I will go get takeout again for the 100th time. It’s all we eat right now. Every meal. SO SICK OF THIS. It’s so true about the depression setting in…how can I not be depressed when I can’t function? No exercise, no socializing, no playing with my DS, barely interacting with DH…I PRAY this goes away before 20 weeks like my 1st pg. Thanks for listening ladies.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:23 PM

UNISOM!!!

After a sharp turn for the worse on Sunday evening, no sleep, and having to take a sick day Monday, I tried taking Unisom last night, and B6 this morning.

I...actually feel...better. Not 100%, not even 80%, but functional! Still can't think about food (or open that thread about raw chicken), and I'm a tiny bit groggy, but definitely better.

Unfortunately, my nose has decided to get with the pregnancy program and my cube neighbor's perfume (Thierry Mugler Angel) is driving me crazy. Last pregnancy I asked her to stop wearing it to work (she burns incense at home so smells crazy anyway) but I haven't told work yet.

Mom to energy.gif(11/08) and  babyboy.gif  (4/11)

Old 09-19-2010, 04:03 PM

Ugh...So ready to be done with this phase. Still sick. I just hope it goes away SOMETIME. (Instead of lasting to 38 weeks like with DD.) The most annoying part is when I have to puke AND pee, and I have to decide whether to puke first which will probably make me pee my pants or pee first which may end up in me puking all over myself. Fun times...
Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Naturally, I spoke too soon. That very night I started to get sick again, and now I feel I am back to where I was weeks ago. After not throwing up for 2 weeks, I'm back to puking every evening. It's almost worse because before I wouldn't feel sick at night, but now I'm waking up to pee and am not able to fall right back to sleep because my stomach aches so badly. So add lack of sleep to the MS and well it's just so bad right now.

Does it make any sense to get so much better, for a week or 2, and then backslide so far at 12 weeks? Is something wrong??

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post
Does it make any sense to get so much better, for a week or 2, and then backslide so far at 12 weeks? Is something wrong??
Are you doing something differently? I've noticed that when I feel better I tend to slip back into my busy lifestyle which means I eat less frequently, don't rest as much and stress about everyday life more. Stress really makes me feel worse.

P married to B mama to DD (01/05) and happily expecting 4/1/2011

User Tag List