Morning Sickness VENT thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 104 Old 08-07-2010, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you want to vent about how sick you are, do it here.

I HATE MORNING SICKNESS! I am getting so depressed about it! I want to make my morning sickness into a piece of clay art and smash it to pieces! I want to destroy this curse--labor feels like a welcome relief (I know I'll eat my words) compared to the slime of morning sickness! DIE MORNING SICKNESS, DIE!!!

(And yes, I know that it is an indicator of a healthy pregnancy, yadda yadda yadda, and I am so "lucky" to be pregnant, but that is COLD COMFORT!!!)

Deep breath... sigh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 104 Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I so there with you! I threw up 4 times last night. I'd rather be in labor than throw up (even though it did make me feel better so that I could actually sleep). Seriously this is a living hell. Only 8 more weeks woohoo

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#3 of 104 Old 08-07-2010, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

I would give you a hug but I feel hot and don't want anyone near me, and it would probably induce nausea in both of us!

I asked my husband to get me *hard* green sour mangoes. He brought back green ones, sweet man, except they were SOFT!

And the emotions are just under the surface always ready to pour over. This morning I cried while watching Carlos Santana and Wayne Shorter playing jazz at Montreaux in 1988 because I knew in my heart that men who play jazz music are practicing peace. Then I cried when I looked at my bagel with egg and cheese because I felt grateful to the wheat plants and the chickens and the cows. On the one hand, it's nice to know that there is a place in me that can do that... on the other hand... I want to just be normal me again!!
#4 of 104 Old 08-07-2010, 11:38 PM

I am impressed with your ability to express your emotions so metaphorically and with such humor. I would just be flat-out bi*chy.

Married to Tony 6/07. Mommy to Jude 4/08 and Gemma 4/11.
#5 of 104 Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Many feel your pain and I am probably just days away! MS started around 6w with my first, so I'm 5w now with #2. Have you ever taken milk thistle? There are interesting threads on here about some pretty great results from severe MS. It supports the liver which is processing all those baby hormones until the placenta takes over around 12-13 weeks.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#6 of 104 Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the milk thistle suggestion! That is so interesting to associate MS with the liver processing the hormones until the lovely placenta takes over. Makes me think of the hCG (plus or minus some progesterone and estrogen) as a kind of toxin. Sure does *feel* like it so why not honor that?
The gas and slowed digestion would also put an extra load on the liver if stuff isn't moving through at the pace the liver is used to.

DH, coincidentally, has had liver concerns, so I asked him just now if we have milk thistle--no. But we have all kinds of other liver stuff... in particular I'm thinking of dandelion root (if I can get past the bitterness--sourness, I want, bitterness, i feel like my mouth is constantly bitter)... Also thinking of trying peppermint and white sage tea... Always loved drinking that when I had indigestion, but had been avoiding sage, as it causes the milk to dry up, but nursing is not on my top priority list anymore! lol
#7 of 104 Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 AM

Let me know if those help. I would imagine there could be some benefit!

Oh, and if you do buy milk thistle, make sure it's standardized at least 80%. The label will tell you, and there are several brands that fit the bill.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#8 of 104 Old 08-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveJewel View Post
If you want to vent about how sick you are, do it here.

I HATE MORNING SICKNESS! I am getting so depressed about it! I want to make my morning sickness into a piece of clay art and smash it to pieces! I want to destroy this curse--labor feels like a welcome relief (I know I'll eat my words) compared to the slime of morning sickness! DIE MORNING SICKNESS, DIE!!!

(And yes, I know that it is an indicator of a healthy pregnancy, yadda yadda yadda, and I am so "lucky" to be pregnant, but that is COLD COMFORT!!!)

Deep breath... sigh...

I could have written your post. I HATE It too. This is my third... my other 2 I threw up well into the 25 week range. Ahh I can't stand it. There is nothing I hate more than MS. I get depressed too. THis is was an unplanned pregnancy.... well it was planned but for another year or so... I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old and Im beat, exhausted and I can't even open the fridge without gagging. I hate being pregnant because of this. Its so awful and lasts so long for me. My first pregnancy was so bad I couldn't work till I was 20 weeks. It gets a little less severe each time but ahhhh its so frustrating as I am so hungry and nothing sounds good. I just threw up this am. I would rather go through labor and delivery than pregnancy. And for me yes labor is a welcome relief because I know its finally ( the nausea and throwing up) going to be OVER)
Last pregnancy I pounded the zofran because I had my dd to care for but I got so constipated i couldn't take it anymore. so far I am taking nothing. Just living in misery.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#9 of 104 Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
and Im beat, exhausted and I can't even open the fridge without gagging.

ugh, mamas. I'm. so. sick.
W/ my first to DC, I was only a bit queasy here and there- I had NO IDEA what real m/s is like.
I feel emotionally awful, too, bc this was a super-wanted pg, but since I felt pretty much good w/ my other two pgs, I didn't "plan" for feeling like crap- and I feel like my misery is taking a lot away from my current DC, which is making me feel guilty.
Plus... I'm unsure of my dates, but I can't be more than 5 weeks. It is going to get worse before it gets better, isn't in?

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#10 of 104 Old 08-10-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

i am so depressed. so depressed.

vomiting kicked in today. hungry but 99% isn't palatable.

so depressed.
#11 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 01:23 AM

I have this wonderful (yeah, sarcasm) version of morning sickness
I feel absolutely wonderful until I FINISH eating. Then the horrible nausea hits. Makes me not want to eat. I know! I just won't eat! That'll work right?

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
#12 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 AM

oops! Meant to post in a new post...deleted this one

#13 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
You all are so sad and so funny! :-) I had food poisoning the night before last and now think I'm setting into morning sickness. It's a strange transition. I don't think I'll get it as bad as some of you but being on the heals of the food poisoning is making it worse for now (at least I hope that's what it is). Off to try some milk thistle...

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#14 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 AM

I puked every day from 8 to 38 weeks last time. Don't know if I can survive that again.... My stomach has been week ever since so I know I'll be hurling soon.

I read that eating soluble fiber can help because the bile bonds to it and exits the body, but the only significant source of soluble fiber is beans/legumes and I don't think I'll even be able to smell those without puking...
#15 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Much empathy to all of you! I can barely type this.... I've only puked twice in the past 2 weeks, but feel like I could at any minute. I'm at home today resting - DS went to daycare anyway cause it's far more fun for him there than here. I had to cancel a much anticipated trip to visit family cause I just can't make the 20 hour car trip and be any kind of fun. I hope I feel better by the beginning of October when we plan to go again.

I wanted three kids, but at this point I think 2 may be it

#16 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

I no longer feel i am a part of the living. yesterday i literally crawled around the house alternately with and without a nightgown on (whenever the A/C kicked on i was cold but when it was off i'd get hot). The vomiting comes about every six hours. I can only eat right after i puke and then it's brown rice and plain kefir and ice water and iced ginger ale. about one-two hours after i eat the nausea starts to creep up. i even tried cannabis, but it had no effect! then i just wait and wait and wait to throw up. i want to, for the release, but sometimes it doesn't come. sometimes i don't even feel better afterward. i can't stand my own smell, the smell of the pillows, the smell of the air inside, the smell of the outside air in the middle of the day. at night i have to fall asleep in front of the tv (thank god for instant netflix--i try to find *something* (usually a documentary or music) that will just be peaceful sounding). If i lay in my own bed i am just thinking about how bad i feel. then i fall asleep on the couch, but inevitably wake up pre-dawn with that burning feeling and wait for the heaving. i feel like i have descended into hell.
#17 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I no longer feel i am a part of the living. yesterday i literally crawled around the house alternately with and without a nightgown on (whenever the A/C kicked on i was cold but when it was off i'd get hot). The vomiting comes about every six hours. I can only eat right after i puke and then it's brown rice and plain kefir and ice water and iced ginger ale. about one-two hours after i eat the nausea starts to creep up. i even tried cannabis, but it had no effect! then i just wait and wait and wait to throw up. i want to, for the release, but sometimes it doesn't come. sometimes i don't even feel better afterward. i can't stand my own smell, the smell of the pillows, the smell of the air inside, the smell of the outside air in the middle of the day. at night i have to fall asleep in front of the tv (thank god for instant netflix--i try to find *something* (usually a documentary or music) that will just be peaceful sounding). If i lay in my own bed i am just thinking about how bad i feel. then i fall asleep on the couch, but inevitably wake up pre-dawn with that burning feeling and wait for the heaving. i feel like i have descended into hell.
Oh honey- I'm so sorry you feel this bad!! How long does this last for you? I hope to god you don't have a full pregnancy of this!! I finally chucked all natural pregnancy pretensions and take 1/2 a unisom at night - I can now sleep through the night which has helped immensely.

I think a lot of my ms is psychological - I live far from family and close friends - when I was skype-ing with my mom and sister last night I really felt a lot better.

#18 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Im right there with ya. Seriously. I just laid on the floor and cried. I am so tired I feel so sick and ds won't take a nap even though his sister is. I. can't. do. this. I have no help. Dh is great when he is home but he works obviously and is gone from 730 am till 530-6ish m-f. The baby is teething and barely naps. My 3 year old doesn't seem to get that mama has a "tummy" ache. I try to prepare their lunch and I am gagging. I am so sick of people asking me how i feel and then saying I hope you feel better. Yeah right. I am not going to feel any better for at least another 15 weeks. I know how it is.
Its hard enough to deal with when its planned but for petes sake ds is only 10 months old. He still nurses around the clock. I cant get a break. He still wakes up at night to nurse. this is pure torture. I feel week, dizzy, I have a headache.
so far I am only throwing up once a day in the am... but I had that every 4-6 hours with my dd's pregnancy. m/s totally ruins pregnancy for me. totally.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#19 of 104 Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 PM

DDDC cos i feel so sorry for yall

Poor things. It DOES get better...Im 11 weeks now, and feeling pretty good. I was where you were. I just left my house this week for the first time in 7 weeks. I just shaved for the first time in 3 weeks. ...seriously. I felt like a shell of a person.
If it gets too bad, ask your dr for a script of zofran/phenergan. OTC things that help are b6/unisom combo and benedryl. Eating 24/7 works the best. I am very suprised my m/s has let up so early this time, I am havin twins, too. I still get queasy, but feeling human! If you have little ones, I would suggest making one room in the house the safe room.Block it off, put toys out, small snacks(have dh make snack trays) and dont feel guilty if TV is all they have for a while and they live off bread and cheese. They will be fine. You have to stay hydrated, and eat for the babies. Especially hydrated. If you get dehydrated, you will feel more nauseaous. I would suggest stopping the prenatal for a week to see if that helps with nausea. Get sour candys, lemon heads/peppermints. The smell....well..that eases up after a while.Mine eased up about 9 weeks. I still have it, but not so bad. Your house is going to be messy. Its ok. You are going to look like something out of Shaun of the Dead. Its ok. Youre pregnant. It will get better. It just seems like eternity!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#20 of 104 Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

so thankful to have all of you to lean on!

today is a good day. i just keep eating. mornings... throw up, but then i can eat! mine usually clears up by 12 weeks.

today, energy. good days... good days...

KMama2, i totally feel for you! one minute at a time... you will get through it and be a stronger person for it!
#21 of 104 Old 08-15-2010, 06:19 PM

I'm only 5.5 weeks and I started throwing up yesterday. Last time I was sick from 6-17 weeks and lost about 12 lbs. Anyone here have experience with acupuncture to relieve morning sickness? Right now I don't get sick until the afternoon, but I am nervous about it getting back to all day sickness in the coming weeks.
#22 of 104 Old 08-15-2010, 11:33 PM

Really feeling ya right now. I'm only 4w3d and I've already had MS for almost a week, though no vomiting yet. This time I've had smell sensitivity, too, which I didn't have with DS. I think I had too much to eat tonight, which triggered it. I had two black bean burgers and about 1/2c of Ben and Jerry's. I have Preggie Pops, but I'm afraid to try one because the thought of putting anything in my mouth makes me gag right now. Ugh.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#23 of 104 Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 AM

Yep, I've already thrown up 3 times and I'm only 4 weeks today!!! I don't remember being this sick this early with DD. Ginger ale mixed with lemonade is my current best friend! It's working wonders for me. I have a huge glass next to me right now.

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
#24 of 104 Old 08-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Living on Preggie Pops, but they're not helping so much anymore When I was pregnant with DS I was throwing up by 7 weeks, the gag reflex was so bad. I'm sitting at 6 weeks 3 days right now, and WISH I could just throw up! At least with the vomiting I got a little relief

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#25 of 104 Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM

I'm not feeling much morning sickness right now and that has me tempted to worry.

Even with my last pregnancy, that stopped developing at 7wks and didn't pass until 12wks, I was so sick the whole time.

With DD I was sick 6-16wks.

Now I'm past six weeks and the queasiness is so mild I don't know WHAT to think. I'm grateful, but this is weird and I don't know if it's a sign of something bad....

grrr....

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#26 of 104 Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 AM

I'm 7 weeks and have been sick since 4 weeks.... enough already. I 'm so sick of it. I was nauseous/ throwing up with my other pregnancies till 20-25ish weeks.... its getting so OLD. That mixed with the tiredness makes me useless. Why does it have to be so difficult to grow a baby?

#27 of 104 Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Olive, if this doesn't improve, you could talk to a professional about medication. My best friend couldn't get up and go to work without puking, so she was prescribed a drug that they give to cancer patients for nausea. If the cannibis didn't work, this may not either, but it could be worth a shot! Hang in there!

Married to Tony 6/07. Mommy to Jude 4/08 and Gemma 4/11.
#28 of 104 Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM

I take it back! the queasiness is here. blech.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#29 of 104 Old 08-18-2010, 10:07 PM

I did accupuncture with my 3rd....it worked a little bit...i think it made the nausea about 1/2 of what it would of been with out.
I'm 6w3d and have very low energy, i get queasy after i eat and at night...around 8pmish i crash physically and the queasiness really sets in. I'm not sleeping well at night....
I bought a new comforter and the feel of it makes me want to hurl. The fabric is horrible. I would never feel that way when i'm not pregnant. I'm thinking i may need to put it away until the queasy feelings go away...but then i may never like it because when i'm prego's and nauseas i have aversions forever to certain things and colors. So this comforter may never come back out! The color of it is starting to get to me too. Goodness that's bad stuff. Colors? Who would of thought that i'd have color aversions....oh and my SUV....i cant stand to get into it. I dont like it...it makes me sick to look at it and even ride in it. I have no choice but to get over that...but geez...an aversion to my vehicle is pretty bad.

I have fallen in love with apple soda...OMG..that stuff is to die for. That's a good thing.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#30 of 104 Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

just checking in with my support group. i'm 8 wks today and still feel dead. broke down crying to god begging for relief. my brain is deeply offended to be trapped in this body! TRAPPED is the best way to describe this feeling. prego pops sound good. sooo thankful to have you all during this most trying time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page