So, I know that spotting is normal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-11-2010, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone done reading on some causes of it? I have very faint brown spotting and don't need to be concerned yet. I just wonder what causes it; brown is obviously old blood. I went on a brisk walk tonight, could that sort of work things out of my cervix? I had some bleeding in my first pregnancy around 10 weeks and all was fine, figured I had a yeast infection.

Anyone?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-11-2010, 05:58 AM

...Spotting can be a lot of things...brown can just be your body letting go of old stuff as it makes room for the baby (or so said the advice nurse who worked at the ob practice where I used to work). There's also implantation spotting. When I was pg w/ C (DD2) at the very beginning...right before I tested, I had moderate pinkish spotting for three days and obviously everything turned out fine. The doctors I used to work with always assured their patients that brown spotting in early pregnancy was completely normal.
I'm sure it's just a little leftovers (um...gross?)...old stuff jarred loose by your walk. If it turns bright red though, talk to your mw. I believe bright red spotting with a positive pg test can be an indicator for ectopic.
Don't worry. I have talked to women who spotted throughout their first trimesters with no problems whatsoever.
:-)

#3 of 3 Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 PM

I had exactly the same thing a couple of days ago. Really light brown spotting--only lasted about an hour and wasn't very much.

I had two MC before DS and both started with some brown spotting. But it was much heavier and didn't just go away.

I also had a bit of spotting with DS, but it was also at 10 weeks and was a few days after DH and I DTD. I was told that sex or exercise can cause some light bleeding around the cervix that shows up as brown spotting.

So, I guess it can go both ways. But if it's light and follows sex or exercise, and goes away, I wouldn't worry about it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page