Fun weekly update! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was looking through my old pregnancy blog for symptom comparison and I found this cute weekly update that I used to do. I thought it would be fun for us to start it here too! What do you guys think? Wanna do this weekly? I'll even volunteer to start the thread every week, say, on Mondays, you think?

1.) How far along are you?

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing?

3.) How are you feeling?

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)?

6.) Any questions you want to ask?

7.) Any belly pics from this week?

8.) Any food cravings?

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week!

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

I'll even start.

1.) How far along are you? 6w6d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Nausea and exhaustion if I don't eat regularly, horrible nipple pain when dd latches on, hungry all the time but no desire to eat

3.) How are you feeling? Surprisingly great! I'm so thrilled to be pregnant and that definitely overshadows any symptoms I have.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Still haven't seen a doctor or midwife. I should probably start interviewing midwives soon. I didn't start seeing a midwife with my first until about 13 weeks, so I'm really not in a hurry.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Not really. We've been talking about moving, but haven't set anything in stone yet. Kinda causes a little stress and anxiety, but I just try not to think about it.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Will this nipple pain go away or am I doomed to have another 8 months of it?

7.) Any belly pics from this week? I took one especially for this post!

8.) Any food cravings? Oddly enough, pickles. So cliche! My hubby bought these awesome pickles imported from Israel. They are the only ones we can find that don't have high fructose corn syrup and /or sodium benzoate in them. Oh... and hummus! Mmmmmm.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Being pregnant! Hehe. Also, I just found out that the baby is the size of a blueberry right now. That is pretty cool!

#3 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 06:37 PM

1.) How far along are you? 5w3d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Exhaustion, grumpiness, sore bb's, tenderness in belly, a HUGE belly, and slight to moderate almost constant nausea.

3.) How are you feeling? Not great. This time of late (late afternoon) is the worst. Mornings are good.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? I see the intake nurse at my OB's office tomorrow morning!

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Not really. We started back with our homeschool work and activities this week. I'm tired.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Any advice on dealing with feeling like crud and having 3 kids?? lol

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not yet!

8.) Any food cravings? I have more aversions than anything right now. Everything sounds gross except for things like cheese and crackers, sweet potato fries, etc. Bland things.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! I'm excited about going to my OB's office tomorrow! I love them!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#4 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#5 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 PM

1.) How far along are you? 7 weeks

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Nausea and fatigue

3.) How are you feeling? Pretty good right now!

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Had my first U/S today and got to see the tiny baby and heartbeat

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Nope

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not yet

8.) Any food cravings? Macaroni and cheese

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Seeing our little one for the first time!

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#6 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM

Oh I am *so* stealing this for the February DDC ! Can I ??

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#7 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 PM

1.) How far along are you? 4 weeks, 1 day

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? neusea, fatique, backache, sore breasts.

3.) How are you feeling? Tired and queasy! But thrilled to be feeling that way!

I got the results from Friday's beta today: 46 at 10 dpo. That's a really solid number for that early, so I'm happy. I won't have a repeat beta until next Thursday, my OB likes people to have a beta over 1000 before she does an initial appointment.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Not much. DD is starting a new preschool, but not until next month.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? nope

7.) Any belly pics from this week? I'll start belly shots after I've seen a heartbeat

8.) Any food cravings? Guacomole with maple syrup mixed it. I love it!

I had a chem last month, that ended at 4 weeks exactly, so I'm officially past that and my pregnancy tests are showing really strong lines!!!!

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
#8 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM

1.) How far along are you? 7 weeks, 4 days.

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Nausea only when I don't eat.

3.) How are you feeling? Nauseous when I don't eat. ha.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? no, 1st appointment is this thursday!

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Nope, just hate my job!

6.) Any questions you want to ask? not right now.

7.) Any belly pics from this week? I posted one at 6w5d and will post another one once someone else starts!!!

8.) Any food cravings? No, but I've been trying a lot of different things, stuff I probably never would've tried before.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Some people at work said "OH MY GOSH, are you pregnant?" when they saw my belly. It wasn't even after I ate. I have quite a round bump going, but everything I've read says it's too early. It doesn't feel bloated, it never goes away.

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#9 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 PM

1.) How far along are you? 5w2d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? swollen feet and fatigue. nausea if I don't eat. my face is really broken out.

3.) How are you feeling? frustrated about not knowing whether or not we will have to move before we have this baby.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? None, I haven't had a Doc. app. yet. I'm waiting to hear back from two midwives, but it's looking like i'll have to go back to the hospital for prenatal care.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? ds's 2nd birthday is coming up on the 23rd and we're having a party the day before. I'm trying to get everything ready for that.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Anyone else not experience any implantation bleeding? I haven't noticed it this time around, where as I did with ds.

7.) Any belly pics from this week? oh heck no!

8.) Any food cravings? moon pies, of all the junky junk food imaginable.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! I'm able to fall sleep at night cause I am so tired

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#10 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 PM

I'll bite!

1.) How far along are you? 6w2d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Lack of energy, very mild nausea, inability to eat as much in one sitting as I did previously, burpy

3.) How are you feeling? Tired and lazy

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? We interviewed a midwife and I just didn't click with her. I think she is a good midwive but not my style. So we're moving on. We only have one of two m/ws to choose from for a vbac at this particular hospital (where we really want to be) so I'm hoping next week's meet-n-greet will click.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Nothing in particular, just enjoying life as a family!

6.) Any questions you want to ask? There was one earlier that I have forgotten...let me think...oh, what do you gals do for your energy level? I feel like I get a fair amount of protein but could probably use more (more toward the bradley diet). Maybe drinking more water. I might get 3 tall glasses a day.

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Nope . I'll be too shy to post one for a while

8.) Any food cravings? I haven't really been wanting rich sweets too much, thankfully. I hope the weight gain is less this time (last time was 50lb! 20 of that was unnecessarily in the 1st tri...)

To be honest, nothing favorite so far. I do really look forward to feeling the baby and hearing his/her heartbeat later on. I just feel so lazy and slothful lol. Thankfully 15mo DS plays very well near me but on his own.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#11 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagin37 View Post
6.) Any questions you want to ask? Anyone else not experience any implantation bleeding? I haven't noticed it this time around, where as I did with ds.
I actually did have some brown tinged CM this time, around 5 weeks and a couple of days, but did not with my first. So it seems like it may or may not happen.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#12 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
3.) How are you feeling? Not great. This time of late (late afternoon) is the worst. Mornings are good.
How are you with getting some nourishing food a bit after lunch? I start to feel more nauseaus in the afternoon and realize I need a snack that sticks (like yogurt or half a pbj sandwich).

#13 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 PM

1.) How far along are you? 7w5d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Tired all the time, nauseous/queasy especially when hungry, lightheadedness when I stand up too fast, intense vivid dreams, difficultly sleeping, bowel stuff

3.) How are you feeling? Not too fantastic. Now awful, but not particularly great.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? None. First appt on the 30th with midwife.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Nothing for a change. We just need to wrap up this basement reno. And get our kids ready for school, or rather, decide which school our younger one will go to for grade 8. And get the house re-roofed. Um, okay, there's some stuff going on.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Nope.

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not yet!

8.) Any food cravings? I don't want anything at all until you put it in front of me or I see a recipe. There's unfortunately no joy in cooking in my house for me...and we're foodies. Mostly, it's all about aversion right now.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! That I'm one week closer to being out of the first trimester!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#14 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM

1.) How far along are you? 4w4d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? exhaustion, sore nips, tiny bit of nausea on some days, lightheaded

3.) How are you feeling? pretty good so far

haven't made an appointment yet

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? DH might lose his job soon due to the owners closing up shop soon (I'm a SAHM) and then we might be moving across country. I'm trying not to stress about any of it and we'll be fine.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? none that I can think of

7.) Any belly pics from this week? too early to be showing, so no! lol

8.) Any food cravings? mac and cheese and brownies recently. I don't think those were pregnancy related though. hehe

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Feeling lucky that I'm not too nauseous (yet!) and just enjoying being pregnant.

Heather, DH Adam, DS Kayden 6/08, angel baby 10/10
#15 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Oh I am *so* stealing this for the February DDC ! Can I ??

Coco
xx

That is perfectly fine with me! Have fun with it

#16 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 10:31 PM

1.) How far along are you? 6w 2d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? nausea, stronger in the evening, getting up in the middle of the night to pee..ughhh. Aversion to nursing my nurslings. I just dont want to nurse right now, and i feel really guilty about that.

3.) How are you feeling? tired and exhausted ready to wean. Nausea is really setting in.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? I'm still not sure who or where or what i'm going to do for prenatal care. I may do a unassisted pregnancy...but i would like a u/s soon to see how many nino's are cooking.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? My oldest kids just left to go back to NC for school. I miss them soooooooooo much. My hubby is out of the country for business, my grandmother is suffering with cancer. Got alot going on.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? vitamins and supplements...what are you taking? I like the idea of whole foods

7.) Any belly pics from this week? no...dont have time to post

8.) Any food cravings? Italian food...garlic bread olives

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! I'm having another babe....i cant believe it!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#17 of 34 Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 PM

1.) How far along are you? 5w1d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? soooo tired, very mild nausea in the afternoon

3.) How are you feeling? I feel like I am being really impatient with my son lately. I think it is because I'm so tired, but I feel bad!

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nope...haven't called my midwife yet. I am thinking I'll probably call next week, but doubt I'll be seen until I'm at least 8-10 weeks.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? I interviewed for a part time job (2 days a week) as a temporary SLP with a local school district last week. I am having mixed feelings about whether or not I should accept the job or not---knowing that morning sickness is looming on the horizon, plus the guilt (mostly hormone driven) about leaving my son 2 days a week (he would be staying with a close friend...).

6.) Any questions you want to ask? nope

7.) Any belly pics from this week? not yet!

8.) Any food cravings? chocolate, but that's nothing new

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! I taught my son to point to my belly when I say "where's the baby?"

Mama to my sweet toddler DS1 (12/19/08), new arrival DS2 (04/18/11) homebirth.jpg  and married to my best friend for 6 years. 
#18 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 AM

1.) How far along are you? 5w3d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Tired. Soooo tired. Feel sort of draggy all day, go to bed at 9pm and still feel tired when I get up in the morning. My boobs are a little sore. I'm more irritable than usual, but I think that's because I'm tired. I'm starting to feel a little nausea, but not much just yet. And I'm having crazy dreams.

3.) How are you feeling? Excited, anxious, still really surprised.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nothing yet. I have an initial appointment in about a month.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? DD is starting back to preschool soon. I'm very involved in her school, so I'll have a lot to do in the next few weeks, and then it will settle down.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Where can I get the best deals on maternity clothes?

7.) Any belly pics from this week? No way!

8.) Any food cravings? No cravings. I've noticed I'm less interested in sweets, which can only be a good thing.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Just happy to be pregnant!
#19 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 10:30 AM

1.) How far along are you?
5w 5d
Nausea and fatigue.
3.) How are you feeling?
Hungry today, but not yesterday.
I [I]finally[I] was allowed to get a confirmation of pregnancy from my dr. They want me to be two weeks late. I knew early so I called back at two weeks late by lmp. Now I can get my referral.
5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)?
Next month we find out where DH is on the list to make E5. It will be nice to get a pay raise before the baby is due.
Nope
I'm thinking of starting Friday at my 6w mark.
8.) Any food cravings?Pretzles and grapes.

Nothing yet. I think this is the "boring" part of pregnancy. However, I'm getting pretty good about telling white lies. So many people have asked "When's the next one due?"

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#20 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 AM

1.) How far along are you? 6wks 5days

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Nausea (more in the AM than PM), Exhaustion, Heartburn, Mood Swings and aching BBS

3.) How are you feeling?
icky. Wish I could just lay in bed all day.

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? No, first u/s is the 24th with the RE, and going to see my M/W on the 31st.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Just started my own firm and it has taken off, so no time to relax Also DH will be going to Italy for a week and won't be present for the u/s

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Had a very early loss in Feb (prior to 5 weeks) and am really anxious about this pregnancy, even though I'm well past that point. I woke up at 3:30 this am thinking about the u/s and whether or not I'll see a hb and then couldn't go back to sleep. Anyone have any anxiety cures?

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not yet- I'll do the first at 8 weeks which is next Friday

8.) Any food cravings? Lemons? Weird right?

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Baby is about 1/2 an inch today!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#21 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM

1.) How far along are you? 7 weeks

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Achey and fatigued

3.) How are you feeling? Restless and a little nervous

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? nope, appointment scheduled for the 25th with a new midwife and a new hospital. My last was a hb, but we can't afford that this time. I'm researching UC as well.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Working on the final credits of my MPH. My practicum is focused on doulas in public health.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? Anyone else have bleeding when they dtd? I feel like this has happened with me every pregnancy

7.) Any belly pics from this week? No way. Maybe I'll start in the 2nd tri.

8.) Any food cravings? Nope

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! I love to feel my lower belly and just know a LO is growing there

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#22 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post

8.) Any food cravings? Lemons? Weird right?
Actually, I craved lemons and everything lemony with my first pregnancy. I did a lot of research on it because before I got pregnant I HATED lemons. I found out that lemons are really high in folic acid. So you are probably craving them because your body needs more folic acid. Are you taking a prenatal with folic in it? Also, an old wives tale says that you need more folic acid to grow a girl, so that could be it too... if you believe that stuff. It was right for me

#23 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
1.) How far along are you? 6w4d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Exhaustion, nausea/morning sickness, cramping, heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, irritability. Also had a tiny amount of pink spotting yesterday.

3.) How are you feeling? Physically - like crap, Emotionally - an anxious bundle of nerves

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? First appointment was 2.5 weeks ago and went smoothly. Next appt is in 2 weeks.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Not much this week besides DH not being needed at work much. Hoping he will take the initiative to apply for underemployment benefits so we can make ends meet.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? None right now.

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not going to take my first one until 8 weeks.

8.) Any food cravings? Last night I made DH go get me McD's chicken nuggets and fries but nothing else so far, just lots of food aversions.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Sorry, not in a place where I can look at the positive just yet. Just waiting for my ultrasound in 2 weeks...

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#24 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 02:06 PM

1.) How far along are you? 6w4d

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Just tired

3.) How are you feeling? Great

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Nothing for a few more weeks.

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? I was offered a prenatal yoga teaching job. I start in a couple of weeks.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? No

7.) Any belly pics from this week? not yet

8.) Any food cravings? Pizza, but that's probably because I used to make it all the time and I haven't in a couple of months.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Just happy about it.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#25 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkristin View Post
Actually, I craved lemons and everything lemony with my first pregnancy. I did a lot of research on it because before I got pregnant I HATED lemons. I found out that lemons are really high in folic acid. So you are probably craving them because your body needs more folic acid. Are you taking a prenatal with folic in it? Also, an old wives tale says that you need more folic acid to grow a girl, so that could be it too... if you believe that stuff. It was right for me
And here I thought it was weird! I sat down with a small tub of lemon sherbert the other night luckily it was really sweet so I didn't manage to make much of a dent in it. I take a prenatal at night before bed, but I like the old wives tale, we're hoping for a girl this time around

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#26 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 05:26 PM

1.) How far along are you? 7 weeks 5 days

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Fatigue, nausea (SO MUCH BETTER THAN LAST WEEK - taking prenatals just before bed made a HUGE difference)

3.) How are you feeling? Pretty good

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? We had an early U/S this week (high risk, assessing whether heparin is necessary or not) - Heart beat, healthy intrauterine pregnancy!

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? Nothing specific - house is on the market, but no interest - a bit of general stress over that.

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not even. Still fitting into my jeans w/o problems, and I never lost the pooch from my first daughter! Would like a prominent bump before taking pics.

8.) Any food cravings? Pickles... making bread and butter ones today out of CSA veggies. Otherwise, just strong flavors in general.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! Seeing the heartbeat! Yay!
#27 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
And here I thought it was weird! I sat down with a small tub of lemon sherbert the other night luckily it was really sweet so I didn't manage to make much of a dent in it. I take a prenatal at night before bed, but I like the old wives tale, we're hoping for a girl this time around
Oh my goodness. I've been craving lemonade like no one's business. I've been taking a prenatal with folic acid since March, so I'm hoping I'm okay on that front. My mother thinks it's a girl, so perhaps she's right!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#28 of 34 Old 08-18-2010, 08:04 PM

1.) How far along are you? 5 weeks, 3 days

Super tired and forgetful (probably due to my being tired)

3.) How are you feeling?
Great and excited

Final HCG levels. It went great. We were a little over 2000 on Monday (5 weeks, 1 day)

New difficult client, but we are definitely moving forward in a positive direction.

Not yet, except how is the babe doing in there

Not yet

8.) Any food cravings?
Vegetables. Everything else is okay, but isn't as appealing. My juicer went down last month, and now I have new motivation to replace it

I am just so excited in general I seem to be dragging a little less than I was, or maybe I am putting forth more of an effort to keep moving
Oh, and my DH's excitement level went up a whole lot higher . I really didn't think that he could get any more excited.

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#29 of 34 Old 08-23-2010, 06:54 PM

1.) How far along are you? 6 weeks, 1 day

Super tired, nauseous, and a little more hungry than last week.
3.) How are you feeling?
Great and excited

Ultrasound at the RE tomorrow (found out we are having twins at this appt)

I am trying to get the energy to cook dinner and clean some day soon.

No

Not yet

8.) Any food cravings?
Cheddar Cheese, fruit, grits & turkey sausage.

I feel a little less uncomfortably bloated (due to major irregularity) since I switched my prenatal pills (to a vegetable based variety, whew, what a relief).

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#30 of 34 Old 08-23-2010, 09:26 PM

1.) How far along are you? 6 weeks +2 days

2.) What symptoms are you experiencing? Fatigue, mild nausea that is much better if I eat frequently, sore bbs, peeing frequently, irritable (mostly just with my kids). I've never had even a spot of bleeding with any of my pregnancies, so I guess some women do, some don't.

3.) How are you feeling? Happy but also nervous about the future!

4.) Any Dr. appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go? Seeing MW in 2 wks. I won't be having an ultrasound until 20-22 wks most likely. I had a blood HCG last week to make sure I truly am pregnant (I was using Nuva ring and trying NOT to get pregnant) which of course was positive (I'd poas 3 times already).

5.) Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)? My son starts JK and my daughter starts grade 1 in 2 wks.

6.) Any questions you want to ask? What is an RE? Why is it so much more expensive to have a home birth vs a hospital birth in the USA? It seems like it should be cheaper - hospital stays cost a lot! I live in Canada and all prenatal care is free here so I'm just curious how it all works there. My DP is American and I'm feeling rather glad to be having this baby here and not there after what I've been hearing!

7.) Any belly pics from this week? Not yet.

8.) Any food cravings? Last week was pickles. This week anything I hear about or see on TV I want to eat, right away.

9.) Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week! That the nausea is still mild at this point. I was already very sick by this time in the pregnancy with my daughter. With my son it didn't start until 7 weeks... so if I make it to 8 weeks and still feel ok, I'll be happy.

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page