8/23 Weekly Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to go to bed around midnight. Now I'm in bed by 10-10:30 almost every night. Sooo tired...

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 AM

we usually have lights out by 10-10:30. as soon as I get ds to bed, I am in bed reading though. I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I used to suffer from insomnia, and it took forever for me to wind down at night. It's sorta great to be able to sleep for once. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#63 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 AM

i've been going to bed with my son between 730 and 830 i do get up at 445am on my workdays, so it's still not 8 hours of sleep for half the week, but still i used to stay up until 11 previously. i am never going to work through the netflix queue at this rate, which is super irritating since i know i won't be watching any movies for the next few years. alas, mama's gotta sleep.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#64 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 08:00 PM

Mombee- twins!! Congrats!!

Alicia (CookAHM)- fingers crossed that you get to continue care with the MW you really like!

AFM: We had our first appt. today with the hospital midwives that attended DD's birth. Everything looked great; we saw a little heartbeat (150bpm) and baby measured 7w0d. Pretty good considering I am 6w6d based on ovulation date. I now plan to transfer care over to a homebirth MW! YAY!!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#65 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 PM

thank you so much Allical1284. I am so excited about our next appt.

Congrats to you too, and I am glad to hear that everything is going great with your little babe

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#66 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
6 weeks today. I had a good bit of grumbly tummy in the beginning and I thought I was going to throw up a couple of times, but the past several days it's been great. Maybe I can escape the MS this time. *knock on wood* Hungry all the time, though! Last night DH ended up going to Waffle House at 1am to get me hash browns because I was starving and nothing in the house sounded good.

I'm laying around in my maternity jeans today. I could button my regular jeans today, but when I sat down or bent over, they cut into me. I feel like my belly's getting HUGE and I'm starting to wonder how many I've got in there. I've got an ultrasound on the 31st at 6w6d just to be sure how many we've got. We should be able to see twins then, right?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#67 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM

You should be able to see twins, I'm pretty sure, at 6w6d.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#68 of 77 Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 PM

definitely, we saw ours at 6w2d

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#69 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post
AFM: We had our first appt. today with the hospital midwives that attended DD's birth. Everything looked great; we saw a little heartbeat (150bpm) and baby measured 7w0d. Pretty good considering I am 6w6d based on ovulation date. I now plan to transfer care over to a homebirth MW! YAY!!
That's great!!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#70 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 03:50 PM

I've been in bed from 8pm-7:30am. So I've beaten all of you. I read a bit but I'm out by nine. I've always needed a lot of sleep but 11 hours plus a nap is a bit much. My house is falling apart and I haven't really seen DH in about a week. He gets home at 6 or 7 most nights and then we eat, put the kids to bed, and then I go to bed. One night we watched a movie on the laptop (Leap Year - very cute!) but mostly I'm too tired.

I think the throwing up incident earlier in the week was food poisoning. I have been taking unisom/B6 since then though so maybe that is just a miracle cure. Who knows!

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#71 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 03:54 PM

i like the laptop in bed idea a LOT!!!!!!!!! i'll just need to somehow slip out of my kids bed and into mine.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#72 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 04:09 PM

Finally went up the our clinic on base and had my blood drawn today. I'll probably hear back monday, and then be able to schedule an appointment. but lord only knows how long it will take. when I had ds, I was 12 weeks before I got to see a clinician. Honestly though, I'm not in such a hurry this time around. I know what's going to happen

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#73 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post
I've been in bed from 8pm-7:30am. So I've beaten all of you. I read a bit but I'm out by nine. I've always needed a lot of sleep but 11 hours plus a nap is a bit much. My house is falling apart and I haven't really seen DH in about a week. He gets home at 6 or 7 most nights and then we eat, put the kids to bed, and then I go to bed. One night we watched a movie on the laptop (Leap Year - very cute!) but mostly I'm too tired.
Well...I'm sleeping 12 hours at night, and 5 hours worth of naps during the day. Does that beat ya? It's CRAZY how tired I am, but the twins could be the reason, e?.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#74 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 11:17 PM

OK, my belly is growing big time here. I'm starting to have some serious inklings that we've got more than one in there.

Our baby page has pictures of my five and six week bumps. My belly has visibly grown in the last week. I am going crazy till Tuesday when I have an ultrasound to find out how many there are. DH is sure it's triplets. I will FREAK if it's triplets!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#75 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 11:26 PM

My belly is huge huge huge! Someone even said it was twins tonight. I don't think it is but I guess it could happen! We'll find out Thursday!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#76 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
OK, my belly is growing big time here. I'm starting to have some serious inklings that we've got more than one in there.

Our baby page has pictures of my five and six week bumps. My belly has visibly grown in the last week. I am going crazy till Tuesday when I have an ultrasound to find out how many there are. DH is sure it's triplets. I will FREAK if it's triplets!
Wow! that is a visible change! Nice Tee-shirt on Big Bro, btw. Cute!

Lisa - Mama to DD (12/07) and now a DS (3/11)! A wonderful uc.jpg!
#77 of 77 Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinupchamp View Post
Wow! that is a visible change! Nice Tee-shirt on Big Bro, btw. Cute!
We made that for him the day we found out and we told people by having them go ask them what they thought of his new shirt. It was the greatest thing ever! I love his proud smile in that picture - he's so excited to be a big brother!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page