8/23 Weekly Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what's new this week ladies.

I am 7 weeks today. We had an U/S and saw the HB 156bpm. All is good so we got released from the RE today.

Also it rained really hard yesterday and our roof started leaking. it is still raining.

DS 4/11

#2 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 AM

All is well here. I am 7 weeks today and, dare I say it?, I've had no real morning sickness... Yet? Lol. I had debilitating ms with both dd and ds (30 months and 15 months). With dd my dr wanted me to be admitted to the hops for fluids because it was so bad, but I objected because our insurance was so bad at the time. I ended up losing 18 lbs in 10 days. Then I finally found a regimine that worked for me and was able to keep down an almost totally liquid diet. I never gain my first + weight until 28 weeks (of course from there I went on to be a cow. Haha. I must've made up for lost time because i gained 40 lbs total from 28-42 weeks. Lol. So you can see why I'm so surprised about avoiding the dreaded ms this time... It's always started by 6 weeks for me... I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm starting to be optimistic! :-) I'm sure I just jinxed it... But I couldn't hold it in any longer!! Lol

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#3 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Good morning! 8w3d here. Heart beat was 150 at our first ultrasound. I'm so amazed that for someone like me who has really low blood pressure and a slow heart rate, that little thing's heart is beating that fast! So cool!

Called in sick from work today--I can hardly stand up I'm so dizzy and nauseous. I need to eat, but I fear I may fall down the stairs if I go for it. ha! I'm sure I'll be fine.

This is my first kid, and my mom's 4th grandchild. Since I moved away from the rest of my family, she sent me a care package with a lot of awesome maternity clothes! What a wonderful mother!!!! I know it'll be quite a while before i need them, but that was so nice of her. They're all totally my style too.

Oh, I have a question: the doctor told me I can continue doing all my normal activities (like backpacking, hiking mountains, etc.) as long as I keep my heart rate less than 85% faster than the maximum heart rate for someone my type..... I guess I assumed I knew what he meant... I thought he said 85 beats faster than my normal heart rate, so I didn't ask for clarification. My husband told me he said 85% faster....... how do I know what normal is? I guess run around and see how fast my heart beats? Has anyone heard anything like this before?

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#4 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 AM

6w2d here. Anxiously awaiting my first appt and u/s a week from Thursday. Feeling okay. Not great. Exhausted all the time, dizzy, slightly nauseous and a tad grumpy.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#5 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM

7 weeks here and feeling so ill...trying to get up the energy to go in for my second beta blood draw today.
#6 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 PM

7w 3d here. Had an 'unofficial' u/s last week and saw a heartbeat. I've been a little nervous because I'm feeling crampier this time than I remember being with the other 2. But no spotting.

I did a triathlon on Saturday and it felt great. I was glad I did it & felt really good after (ate everything that wasn't nailed down and took a long nap but felt good). About the heart rate thing. I believe he means 85% of your max heart rate. This is a good calculator- http://www.runnersweb.com/running/hr...lator_new.html

Since I am planning on continuing to run throughout the pregnancy I will probably train with a heart rate monitor. My max heart rate when I am running sprints can be 187. I usually run at about 150-170 which is a good range but pregnant I might be running slower and hitting that range that I would if not pregnant. Obviously I won't be doing speed work and sprinting and maxing out my heart rate when pregnant.

Hope that helps.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#7 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM

I'm at 9 weeks and I think the worst of the M/S is ovah!!! I ate so many vegetables this last weekend, it was awesome!!! Still have no appetite for all the zucchinis coming out of my garden right now, but I'm hoping the day will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
So what's new this week ladies.

I am 7 weeks today. We had an U/S and saw the HB 156bpm. All is good so we got released from the RE today.

Also it rained really hard yesterday and our roof started leaking. it is still raining.
Yay!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
All is well here. I am 7 weeks today and, dare I say it?, I've had no real morning sickness... Yet? Lol. I had debilitating ms with both dd and ds (30 months and 15 months). With dd my dr wanted me to be admitted to the hops for fluids because it was so bad, but I objected because our insurance was so bad at the time. I ended up losing 18 lbs in 10 days. Then I finally found a regimine that worked for me and was able to keep down an almost totally liquid diet. I never gain my first + weight until 28 weeks (of course from there I went on to be a cow. Haha. I must've made up for lost time because i gained 40 lbs total from 28-42 weeks. Lol. So you can see why I'm so surprised about avoiding the dreaded ms this time... It's always started by 6 weeks for me... I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm starting to be optimistic! :-) I'm sure I just jinxed it... But I couldn't hold it in any longer!! Lol
Maybe you got it all out of the way with the first two, here's hoping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post
Good morning! 8w3d here. Heart beat was 150 at our first ultrasound. I'm so amazed that for someone like me who has really low blood pressure and a slow heart rate, that little thing's heart is beating that fast! So cool!

Called in sick from work today--I can hardly stand up I'm so dizzy and nauseous. I need to eat, but I fear I may fall down the stairs if I go for it. ha! I'm sure I'll be fine.

This is my first kid, and my mom's 4th grandchild. Since I moved away from the rest of my family, she sent me a care package with a lot of awesome maternity clothes! What a wonderful mother!!!! I know it'll be quite a while before i need them, but that was so nice of her. They're all totally my style too.

Oh, I have a question: the doctor told me I can continue doing all my normal activities (like backpacking, hiking mountains, etc.) as long as I keep my heart rate less than 85% faster than the maximum heart rate for someone my type..... I guess I assumed I knew what he meant... I thought he said 85 beats faster than my normal heart rate, so I didn't ask for clarification. My husband told me he said 85% faster....... how do I know what normal is? I guess run around and see how fast my heart beats? Has anyone heard anything like this before?
Yay for a HB! I have never had a doctor advise me on heart rate, is there a reason why he'd be particularly concerned?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#8 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post

oooooh i missed the bad bit of news there on the end. yikes!!! i hope you haven't had any damage and that you get a cloud break soon. are you going to be able to get it repaired?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#9 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm 7w2d today and we also had our first (and probably only) u/s last week and saw the heartbeat, which was 129bpm.

I'm still exhausted and extremely nauseous. Have only thrown up once, but feel like I'm going to any second all day long.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#10 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

5w4days and really starting to get stressed about having another hospital birth. There is this really nice birthing center nearby, but they don't take health insurance and it will be something like 50$ a month + 3000 or 3500 for the birth. My insurance offers a one time 20$ copay for all my visits and i think something like a 1500$ for the birth, I am really bummed right now, I have put off making an appt. b/c i can't decide what to do and all my options and such...

I did feel the morning sickness a bit more so today, no vomitting, but i wanted to. I am finding my symptoms a bit more noticible this time around except the tiredness isn't as bad, but the sickness, constipation and achy boobies are worse for sure.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#11 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 PM

I am 7 weeks 2 days. I have been on and off again tired, otherwise doing really well.

Yesterday, I attended the prenatal yoga class I will start co-teaching in two weeks. It is a wonderful group of ladies and I know I will really like teaching it. The students ranged was from 4 weeks to 39 weeks and one 30 week set of twins.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#12 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 02:29 PM

8w3d here, I had my first appointment last week and they've moved my EDD (at least for now) to 4/1/11 based on the best guess I could make on my last period. I spent all weekend taking care of a sick DD, and had absolutely no appetite at all. Now that I'm stuck at work, though, I am starving!

I've been having insomnia, and it is even worse because DD has been waking up 2 or 3 times a night. Its been so hard to fall back asleep and then be woken up again right away. I told DH I feel like I'm taking care of a newborn again!

Mom to DSS D (7) , DD Elizabeth (8/09) , and expecting DC3 3/30/11
#13 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM

I'm 4 weeks, 4 days today. I am having food aversions and my stomach feels sore like I've been doing sit ups (yeah, right!).

Grow babies grow!

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#14 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM

5w6d. Already puking a little, but mostly just nauseated. DD is already getting tired of Mommy feeling sick all the time. Hopefully this will go better than my pregnancy with her--I was sick until 38 weeks!

And yes, I did just eat pickles, followed by ice cream.
#15 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM

5wks1day here. Still super early. I'm feeling really tired, that seemed to hit about 4 days ago. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I'm exhausted. I also feel a bit queasy and blah in the afternoons/evenings. But I know the "real" ms hits me at 6 weeks, so I'm going to really try to enjoy the rest of this week. Today is my youngest dd's birthday. I can't believe she's already 3! It makes me really want to relish every thing about this pregnancy and baby since this will most likely be our last. We're getting ready to start up homeschooling in 2 weeks. Right when I feel my worst. Haha.

Mama to three wonderful girls, H (9-2-04), A (8-23-07), and Q(4-24-11, our Easter baby). Married to D since (6-3-00).

#16 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 PM

I'm 7w2d today and feeling so, so tired. Can't sleep well anymore (I normally sleep like a rock) and last night and today I have been feeling more crampy again, so I am scared! I know it can be normal, and I was feeling pretty crampy around 5 and 6 weeks, but it had gotten better and now is back. I hope that's normal? I have the all-day-and-night nausea too, fun times
#17 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
I'm 7w2d today and feeling so, so tired. Can't sleep well anymore (I normally sleep like a rock) and last night and today I have been feeling more crampy again, so I am scared! I know it can be normal, and I was feeling pretty crampy around 5 and 6 weeks, but it had gotten better and now is back. I hope that's normal? I have the all-day-and-night nausea too, fun times
me, too. I was really crampy and then it got better and yesterday (7w2d) it was really bad. but today- all better. I'm going to say that since we both have the same thing....must be normal- must be a lot of growing going on.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#18 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 03:44 PM

6w2d here!

I got SO sick over the weekend. I had a little bit of nagging nausea last week, but it hit HARD over the weekend and I spent most of yesterday whining on the couch. It was much worse than anything I had with DD, and I was in tears, telling DH that I couldn't handle weeks and weeks of throwing up.

It's better today, but I'm still feeling really nauseous. Really minty chewing gum is helping a little.

I feel bad because I normally do all of the cooking, and I'm a stickler about making things from scratch, but I just can't stomach it right now. So it might be convenience foods from Trader Joe's for a while. I need to comb through my crockpot recipes, because it might help me to get things going first thing in the morning before I start feeling yucky.
#19 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 04:52 PM

I'm 8 weeks today! I'm not feeling too bad, just having nausea on and off. It's worst at night for me. My next U/S is next Wednesday and I can't wait!

I ordered a doppler last night and I'm so excited to get it. I know I probably won't be able to hear anything for a couple more weeks though.

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#20 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 05:34 PM

I'm 8w4d today, exhausted and counting down the days until the first trimester is over. Initially, I was so excited to be pregnant, but this part isn't so much fun.

The food aversions vs food cravings is irritating! I'm in the middle because most of the time I just cannot decide what to eat. You know when you're really hungry, but nauseous, and know that eating will make you feel better, yet the thought of eating makes you want to hurl.

The other thing that's been a bit concerning is that I started to spot on Friday. It's brown, very minimal, but has been on and off over the weekend. That's kind of freaking me out.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#21 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 05:50 PM

This is my first weekly thread! I am 4 weeks something... probably 4w2d is my best guess without looking at a calendar. I am bloated and poochy, and that is about it. Over the last week I have had random nights of insomnia, some heartburn and even some round ligament feeling pains (even before I knew I was PG, so I know for sure it is not in my head!). No MS yet. I had the all day ickys with DD2, no actual vomit, just sick ALL DAY. I am not looking forward to that and I am trying to be productive until it starts.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#22 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
I'm havign the same thing with cramping it went away and came back yesterday and today (I'm 7w today)

I'm fine in the morning and start getting nauseous around 2:30 and it gets worse throughout the evening. I'm thinking of switching up my work hours because I feel so crappy int he afternoon that I am really unproductive. I'm going to try to get in by 8:30 and leave by 4:30

DS 4/11

#23 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 10:18 PM

5w2 or so today. I need to call my doctor and get an appointment scheduled. I did get my thyroids drawn today and should know the results tomorrow.

After I walked on the treadmill this morning I had a spot of blood so I think I will stop for now.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#24 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 PM

I'm feeling tired and slightly bloated here, at about 6w. Right now I don't have much ms, which I am so thankful for. With DS I had it for about 4.5 months. I have noticed my stomach getting tetchy with me. I cannot STAND to think about all those pickles and preserves (ugh feeling queasy just typing it) that I put up a few months ago. And after I eat I often feel ill but it goes away after an hour or so.

Right now I am loving being pg as a SAHM! Last time I was working and couldn't take off any time from work, plus I worked IN A HOTEL KITCHEN (omg the smells, omg ewwww) and my boss was jerk. This time I have a toddler but at least when he naps I can nap too. The luxury of taking a nap, it's amazing! So wonderful.

DH's mom just got back from the NL so we are going to visit his parents on Wed. I cannot wait to tell them! We are going to wait to tell my parents because they will tell the whole world. DH's parents are great though. We got DS a tshirt that says "Big Brother" on it, on sale at Osh Kosh for $5. I normally never buy new clothes but I was in there getting hangers to use at a consignment sale and saw it. I couldn't resist.

Uhh, yeah. sorry for the long post! lol

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#25 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 PM

5w3d

Starting to feel the ms coming on. With DS I think I was already throwing up, so I thought I might be lucky this time and skip it, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I just feel so icky today. With DS I would eat breakfast and throw up and feel better the rest of the day. I might be hoping to vomit soon if the alternative is to feel nauseous all day. yuck. I'm still really happy to be pg, I just want to hurry through the first trimester.

Heather, DH Adam, DS Kayden 6/08, angel baby 10/10
#26 of 77 Old 08-23-2010, 11:32 PM

I'm 6w3d and I started getting ms over the weekend. No puking but constant nausea all day. I feel like I have the hangover from hell, but no puking. Friday night was bad when I was leaving work. I work in a bar and we had police in the parking lot (there's a no tell motel behind us) and I almost threw up on the way out the door. I think the fear of throwing up in front of the police scared me out of doing it. This is completely different from my last pregnancy. I was only nauseous once or twice for a couple hours and that was the end of it.

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#27 of 77 Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM

5 weeks exactly today! I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and yet 5 weeks is measly, pathetic. I just have to keep telling myself every day that passes is one day closer to being out of the first trimester--I really hope I get to stay that long.

As you can tell, I'm super anxious/nervous about this. My first ultrasound is next week at 6w1d. I hope I get to see a heartbeat but know that I might not, because it's so early. However, I'm guessing my baby implanted early because I got an early BFP at 9 DPO.

Hardly any symptoms to speak of--anyone else in that boat? My breasts are quite sore and I'm constipated, but apart from that pretty much nothing. No nausea or cravings. Occasional uterine twinges, some mild lower back pain, and I've taken several short naps this week (I NEVER nap)--but that could be because I've cut way back on caffeine.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#28 of 77 Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 PM

I'm so over this nausea thing already. And it just started. I am 7w, and already starting to plump out...well some of its from my previous fat and I'm pretty bloated. Hard to imagine that I'm almost 2 months...really? Is that even possible?!? Lol

The only way that I don't feel like %#^}*+ is when I'm sleeping. I get to sleep in too bc my dd who is 8, plays with ds until I wake up...She's my blessing.
#29 of 77 Old 08-24-2010, 02:43 PM

So sick. I'm only 6 weeks, but puking strong already. This is way sooner than last time. Maybe it will be over sooner too?

We told DD about a week ago about the baby. Last night she asked why it's taking so long. But I guess for her, waiting until April will be about like waiting a decade would be for me. (Which is how long it feels like it's going to be.)
#30 of 77 Old 08-24-2010, 03:12 PM

StarCat and Stretch358, that makes me feel *so* much better! I am not as achey today either.

I am also SUPER thirsty! I can't gulp water because that makes me feel sick, but I am sipping ALL day and still my lips are dry and my mouth feels sticky or something.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page