Bowel issues, symptoms and Miscarriage Fears - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TMI warning!

Hi ladies,

I have 3 healthy kids, only with miscarrying my daughter's twin with my first pregnancy. Then, when we started trying again in April, I lost 2 pregnancies in 3 months. And now I'm expecting a 3rd time, which is my last try, as I am turning 36 next month.

I am feeling nervous because I've been having very loose stools the past couple of days-no cramping really-in addition to a constantly growling stomach and a feeling like I want to eat all the time. lol I had some nausea, just a touch-but today I woke up with no nausea, no breast tenderness, and I feel like another loose stool moment is on it's way.

I don't know what to think! I am so stressed! On Monday, (2 days ago) I went for my first of 3 HCG tests, and then took a pregnancy test in the afternooon just to calm my nerves-the test line came up instantly, long before the control line, and was extremely dark-darker than the control line, so I felt good-confident that things were going along ok-(and subsequently cancelled the other two parts of the test!) but today, I'm stressing again, and wondering if I should just keep going for my HCG tests to satisfy my worry!

I am a wreck-anyone else have symptoms that come and go, or have diarrhea with pregnancy instead of constipation?

Thanks ladies...boy am I thankful to have you all to talk to!

~Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi!

I'm having those same symptoms! My stomach growls, I feel hungry and can barely eat a couple forkfuls of food. I am gassy and don't quite have diarrhea but I have very loose stools. I totally sympathize with your fears. I have no less than 30 pregnancy tests stashed in my dresser drawer because I had to keep POAS to be sure the lines continued to get darker. Thankfully I finally convinced myself to stop the POAS insanity.

Early pregnancy is so hard after a loss. You're not alone mama. I worry over every twinge, check the TP constantly and have a hard time falling asleep at night due to anxiety. We'll get through this though!!!

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#3 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM

As a multiple loss mama, I would go get the HCG tests to reassure yourself. For me, it is the only thing keeping me sane until we have an u/s.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#4 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post

Early pregnancy is so hard after a loss. You're not alone mama. I worry over every twinge, check the TP constantly and have a hard time falling asleep at night due to anxiety. We'll get through this though!!!
Thanks so much! I am just like you-always checking the TP, and at the very beginning when I was having cramps I was sure it was going to end just like the others!

I am officially further along than either of the other two-my latest was 5weeks and 3 days! Today, I'm 6 weeks and 1 day. Yes, I am that obsessive that I'm counting the DAYS not just the weeks.

It's so nice to know I'm not alone. DH is basically like "You can't stop it if it's going to happen, so why stress about it"..which is all very logical and level-headed, except that logic seems to go out the window for me when I'm up to my eyeballs in pregnancy hormones! LOL

If you don't mind me asking (it's funny that we ask these things when we're expecting, but wouldn't dare ask a stranger these questions otherwise!)

Are your breasts sore? I'm wondering if my lack of soreness, (came on for a few days and then went away) is because I just stopped BFing my 5 year old in May-so maybe my breasts don't have a lot of changing to do to be ready? I'm hoping this lack of symptom isn't a sign...

Thanks so much!

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#5 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 AM

My breasts are as NOT sore as they were with DD. I am still nursing but really, the breast soreness is not even close. Also, in the beginning (like 3.5-4ish weeks) I had really loose poo, and I usually get constipated (I am now lol). So I'm guessing anything is possible!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#6 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post
Thanks so much! I am just like you-always checking the TP, and at the very beginning when I was having cramps I was sure it was going to end just like the others!

I am officially further along than either of the other two-my latest was 5weeks and 3 days! Today, I'm 6 weeks and 1 day. Yes, I am that obsessive that I'm counting the DAYS not just the weeks.

It's so nice to know I'm not alone. DH is basically like "You can't stop it if it's going to happen, so why stress about it"..which is all very logical and level-headed, except that logic seems to go out the window for me when I'm up to my eyeballs in pregnancy hormones! LOL

If you don't mind me asking (it's funny that we ask these things when we're expecting, but wouldn't dare ask a stranger these questions otherwise!)

Are your breasts sore? I'm wondering if my lack of soreness, (came on for a few days and then went away) is because I just stopped BFing my 5 year old in May-so maybe my breasts don't have a lot of changing to do to be ready? I'm hoping this lack of symptom isn't a sign...

Thanks so much!

Marcie
I check my TP every time, too. It's just part of pregnancy after miscarriages, I think. The dr I went to while visiting fam in FL about 2 weeks ago (which, incidentally, delivered ME 23 years ago. LOL) said that to me - "If you're going to lose it, you're going to lose it. There is nothing we can do." I'm sorry, but while that may be true, that is not very nice, and doesn't communicate much caring, in my opinion. I'm sure your hubby didn't mean it that way, but OBs have years of experience and are SUPPOSED to develop some bedside manner...
My breasts were soooo sore with DS, I couldn't lay on them, let them bounce, or touch them for months (Yeah, with cup size DDs, DH LOVED that-not! ROFL) I honestly can't remember with MC in March, but with this baby - NOT AT ALL! Not even a little sore. They are sensitive though, so I don't like DS to dub against them when i'm holding him, and nursing was painful for about 2 weeks. I have to say, I'm not missing that symptom

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#7 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM

My boobs really only got sore with my 1st full pregnancy. After that it seems that since they are now all big, saggy and deflated , they don't really change much during pregnancy. My nipples do feel raw though.

#8 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
As a multiple loss mama, I would go get the HCG tests to reassure yourself. For me, it is the only thing keeping me sane until we have an u/s.
When will they do your first US?

#9 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM

As for boob soreness going away, I remember from my last pregnancy that the soreness came and went. I would freak out when it would disappear, but then a few days later it would return.

Sending you positive sticky-baby vibes!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#10 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM

I did multiple HCG tests with DD2 after our M/C and it was nice to have the piece of mind. I have not requested any this time, not sure if I will or not.

It is frustrating when the symptoms come and go, it was very unsettling for me. I remember calling the OB around 9 weeks with DD2 to get an ultrasound and the nurse asked me 'so you want to come and get an ultrasounds because you feel good?' My nausea went away over night and I was freaked out!

And the loose stools can be just as common as constipation, neither is fun though!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#11 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post
When will they do your first US?
Not until 7 weeks - the Tuesday (or Wed?) after Labor Day - they didn't have any openings until then because they had to make sure the doc and the sonographer were open back to back. So I got a beta yesterday, will get one tomorrow and then one or possibly 2 next week sometime.

#12 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 PM

I have NO breast soreness, only nipple soreness and not even much of that at this point.

I had about a week's worth of diarrhea this time. I read somewhere it might be because of a pregnancy-acquired milk intolerance. Also, your hormones are doing incredibly crazy things to your digestion right now. I get REALLY gassy after I eat. It's pretty awful - doubled over awful. I've had constipation too. I've been crampier this time around. I think that happens with subsequent pregnancies.

I hope you get some peace soon. Do an hcg test if it makes you feel better. I hope the days until your ultrasound fly by. I can hardly wait until mine - next Wednesday. I'll be 8w1d.

Peace, mama.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#13 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 PM

I'm so excited that all of these U/S are coming up soon. I hope everyone posts pictures!!!

#14 of 16 Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM

I think anything new or out of the norm freaks anyone with a previous loss out. I've had the loose stools. I've chalked it up to my changed diet and a bit of dairy intolerance. My protein sources have gone from meat, eggs and protein powder to cottage cheese and cheese. I'm hoping it's that anyway.

I'm a big TP checker. Every time I go! That just comes with the territory! I had to make myself stop POAS too. I tested soooo many times. I had to force myself to stop.

Just hang in there and take it one day at a time! I'm counting down the day until my u/s next Thursday. I can't wait!!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#15 of 16 Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 PM

Don't worry about loose stools. I have them too, and I think they are about as common as constipation, but nobody talks about it (I guess cuz constipation is worse?). Also, it's ok to not have symptoms. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant, cuz I have no symptoms. And I also constantly check the TP. I guess all of this is normal.

The important thing is to RELAX!! Stress is not good for you or for your baby.
#16 of 16 Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I have IBS and during pregnancy things are either great or terrible. So far, terrible. Been one extreme to the next. Hormones impact your intestines so being runny is normal...or being very constipated too.

Boobs...hurt one day and are fine the next. Annoying.

TP...I'm spotting, just like I did with DS. ARGH!

((hugs)) hope you have a H&H 9m!

wild.gif loves her sleepytime.gif and her dueling toddlers M - 2006fencing.gifG - 2008 and of course baby R - 2011 luxlove.gif

Our "farm" includes 8 of these chicken3.gif 2 of these dog2.gifand 1 of these cat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page