Anyone else NOT getting sick? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 5w2d. But I have not once had the urge to puke or even felt seriously queasy. The closest I've come is some foods not sounding/tasting very appealing to me, and a little belchy/heartburny. Haven't had any cravings to speak of, either, unless you count that my tastebuds seem to have swung a little more in the direction of wanting fruity things rather than salty/fatty things, which I usually crave.

My mom said she never got sick with any of us, so I'm hoping I'm just in the lucky minority and it's nothing to worry about.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 PM

I'm not. Some very very mild queasiness a few times, and today...ravenous hunger. My last pregnancy was the same and she's 2 now, so hopefully all is well.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 PM

That's how I am, and how I have been in my previous two pregnancies. I have yet to puke (knock on wood lol) while pg. Of course I'm only 5w4ish and I remember the nausea didn't really kick up badly until 5-6 weeks with the others. I did find last time that my nausea was well-controlled by eating a lot of protein when I felt it coming on.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 08-26-2010, 06:44 PM

I'm almost 6 weeks and haven't really had any morning sickness yet. I don't remember it really kicking in with ds until after the 6th week. I am eating a lot healthier too, and taking rainbow light prenatal that has ginger in it which is suppose to help morning sickness. But all the other signs are there, slow digestion, sleeping earlier and sore breasts, so I'm not worried at this point.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is my 7th pregnancy and not once have I vomited while pregnant.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've never vomited during pregnancy (this is my second) and I've felt nauseous probably a total of two days with my last pregnancy and during this one so far. Don't worry. I think people who battle with morning sickness take comfort in the fact that it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy (heck knows I would take comfort in that fact if I was puking, too) with high levels of hcg, but just because you aren't feeling nauseous does not mean you do not have a healthy pregnancy. If anything, I think it means that your liver is doing a good job of processing all the hormones and everything else flowing through your body without making you feel sick.

"A sluggish and poorly performing liver that is unable to detoxify the levels of hormones in the body or help in the reduction of the levels of toxic substances in the body may also be partly to blame. Physical activity like performing regular exercises can also help overcome the worst aspects of the problem, while inadequate exercise will greatly aggravate and compound the problem."
http://www.herbs2000.com/disorders/morning_sickness.htm

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
Old 08-27-2010, 12:12 AM

I had zero nausea the first time around. This time I had a little, but no vomiting. Actually, I've only once vomited in my whole life, and it was from a stomach flu type thing about 2 years ago.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 AM

The ickies come and go but it's nothing serious. More aversions to food than sickness. I've never had bad morning sickness. Even less with my son than with my daughters!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:50 AM

I'm 8 1/2 weeks and not MS here either. There's been a couple questionable moments but nothing serious

Jessica mama to 2 boys 6/07 & 2/09
cautiously expecting to meet someone new in April...if you know me IRL please don't out me yet! It's still a secret!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:09 AM

I only feel sick when I wait too long between meals, it's more like a low blood sugar thing than M/S. I :Puke every day during the first trimester with DS but I don't think is started until 6 weeks or so. SO just give it time it may still come

I'm hoping that eating regularly and exercise will spare me some this go around.

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:58 AM

I haven't been sick either, but it's early (5w5). I had one bout of mild nausea last week, but nothing since. My sister and mother didn't get sick at all in their pregnancies, so I'm hoping it's genetic. :-)
Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 PM

I'm not sick yet either, but I think last time it didn't hit till around 7 weeks.

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
Old 08-27-2010, 03:32 PM

I'm in my 4th pg and have never thrown up while pg. THis time around I have felt worse and more nauseous, btu nothing major. My mom was never sick with hers either, so I think it may be somewhat genetic.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM

This is my fourth pregnancy, and I've never vomited while pregnant, although I normally do feel a bit queasy now and then, especially when I need to eat.

I'm about 9 weeks right now, and strangely, the slight queasiness I did have seems to have disappeared. I think it's because the weather is cool and breezy and I've been spending lots of time outside.

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
Old 08-28-2010, 04:28 PM

with the exception of some food poisoning the week I tested, I haven't been very sick either. If I don't eat often enough, I start to sink fast. But with ds, I didn't really get queasy/food aversions until 7 or 8 weeks, so I feel like there is still plenty of time. I'm 6w6d today.

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

Old 08-28-2010, 04:56 PM

I'm 7w today and getting more icky feeling by the day. Still hoping it doesn't get "bad" but it's sure not fun right now. I'm having a hard time finding things to eat. Bleh.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:25 PM

This is my 4th pregnancy, and I've never thrown up with any of my kiddos (neither did my mom, or maternal grandma, so I do believe there's something genetic!) But that didn't stop me from being horribly nauseous from 6 weeks to about 16 weeks with my first baby... it's been more mild with each successive baby, but oh, I sure feel icky and don't want to eat anything...

Mama to 4 girls    chicken3.gif5/05, 12/07, 9/09, 3/11   winner.jpghomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 PM

I have never thrown up with any of my pregnancies (this is my third pregnancy) I just have a generalized icky feeling and the only thing that sounds good is the yucky bad for you food

I do get headaches alot though - which suck

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, starting yesterday or today I've had moments of that ickiness, where food just doesn't appeal to me--which is VERY strange. I am renowned for my appetite and my willingness to eat anything! Although I do remember reading somewhere that people not prone to nausea in the first place may not get as sick, so perhaps that's why I haven't been overtly nauseous.

Only 5w4d now, so maybe it'll get worse...

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:39 PM

5w3d here and no nausea even which is kind of weird for me - I always always get horrible morning sick and it starts between 5w3d and 5w4d or so. Never any vomitin just really bad vertigo, nausea and food aversions. I'm not complaining that I feel good, but it would be much more reassuring to feel even slightly nauseous, kwim?

I am taking the rainbow light prenatals and 100mg of b6 on top of it along with a b complex so that might be why I'm not sick yet. I didn't take them in any of the other pregnancies.

That being said, my mom and sil had pregnancies with no morning sickness whatsoever, with healthy babies out of them, so...

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 08-29-2010, 10:21 AM

ok, so I am now 6 weeks and 5 days, and in week 5 I had a couple days in a row where I felt iffy, but aside from some heartburn, and the occasional food aversion, I haven't felt tummy-sick. I am really hoping for a girl, which I realize sounds super vain since I lost 2 babies in the past 4 months-I'll be happy with any healthy baby, but my heart longs for a girl since this is my last one. My daughter is 14 and didn't want to move to Canada with me, so I've missed a lot of her growing-up, and feel like I would really love a little girl to pass on women's wisdom to!

But of course, with another boy, I'll be a Queen among Princes... So I win either way!

Anyhow, I'm wondering if this lack of M/S is a sign that I'm having a little boy!

Any thoughts?

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post

Anyhow, I'm wondering if this lack of M/S is a sign that I'm having a little boy!

Any thoughts?

Marcie
Huh, I don't know--I haven't heard this. Is that an idea that's out there? My mom didn't have MS with any of her pregnancies, and we are all girls...

I guess my guess would be that gender wouldn't really make a difference w/MS, but I don't know!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:29 PM

That's the "Old wives tale"...they say you are sick as a dog with a girl and not so sick with a boy...which has been the case with me. I have a dd that is 8 and I was soo sick, and a ds that will be 2 in dec that I threw up once only bc I ate mcd's breakfast lol. This time I'm just really nauseas and just now starting to have an inkling that it's another boy. But everyone is pg, and it's just a tale IMO. Just like I've been craving sushi and my friend thinks I'm having a boy...I just think that my body needs a vitamin that sushi provides bc I craved sushi right after I had my ds. I dunno...but we won't find out for another 10 or so weeks. I don't even want to find out the sex but dh does and I know that I won't be able to handle not knowing if he does! Lol
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
I don't even want to find out the sex but dh does and I know that I won't be able to handle not knowing if he does! Lol
We have that problem! I have always thought I wanted to be surprised but DH wants to find out. I don't know if I'll have the willpower not to find out knowing that I COULD know if we wanted to...but I do want to try to keep it a surprise.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
We have that problem! I have always thought I wanted to be surprised but DH wants to find out. I don't know if I'll have the willpower not to find out knowing that I COULD know if we wanted to...but I do want to try to keep it a surprise.
Well this is my 3rd child(his second) and I just really don't want to know. It may be our last and I want some sort of surprise. But I'm not going to be a butt about it...it's not worth that I guess lol!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Just the last few days (right around 6 wks) I've started feeling nauseous off and on. Definitely when I'm getting hungry, but then sometimes when I'm eating too. Not bad enough to keep me from eating though - I'm just being more selective about what I eat. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets (;

me + v + baby girl

Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM

Morning sickness has hit here!

Oh, and the old wives' tale about girl= more m/s is actually based in fact - girls tend to have higher HCG levels, so it's not unheard of to have more morning sickness with them. Same with twins vs. singletons.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 08-30-2010, 02:51 PM

Like I posted before, i have never thrown up while pg (4th pg) until yesterday! I am 8 weeks today and I am hoping it was a random incident.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
Old 08-30-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

I'm starting to feel a little iffier. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Not exactly nauseous, just sort of sour stomach, and a lot of foods don't appeal to me. Milk makes my stomach feel better.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 PM

just like with ds m/s is starting to hit but it isn't that bad as of yet (i'm somewhere around 6-7 weeks, but i do not remember feeling so ravenous all the time with ds. I mean i have to eat almost constantly, well like every 2-3 hours, so my hunger pangs go away. I am not eating too bad, but i definitely need to up my veggies. I don't know how i can go along eating like this the whole pregnancy i will be huge! I just try to eat a fruit or nuts or crackers, but sometimes the cravings are horrendous, i had to make homemade chicken noodle soup last friday, I have never made it before! I ate it for a couple days and now the thought of it makes my stomach turn sour so i froze what was left in hopes i will want to eat it again soon.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

User Tag List