9/1 Weekly Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start a new chat thread. What's new, mamas?

We had our first ultrasound this morning. I thought I was 8W1D based on the first day of my LMP, but the U/S dates Little Bird at 6W6D. We saw a heartbeat of 133 on both the abdominal U/S and the transvaginal that the tech switched to to get greater detail.

I came back to put my son down for a nap after a quick trip to our co-op and fell asleep with him for 3 hours. Whoa. I missed going to work. It'll be fine, I have a super flexible desk job and a great boss, but it just means I need to get to bed earlier.

So, what's up? Chatty Chat. Have an awesome week. Rabbit Rabbit!

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#2 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 04:54 PM

I'm looking forward to my u/s next Tuesday!!!

We're going to Disneyworld this fall and I found a shirt at Macy's yesterday that said "Embrace the Bump" with Mickey's hands wrapping around the belly! Too cute.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#3 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Went in today for another blood draw for a quant beta just to help me make it through this week until we have the u/s on Tuesday - I'll get the results later today along with the results of the Factor V Leiden test. Hoping and praying there's good news on both accounts (and I'm not sure if good news would mean testing positive for Factor V or not - in one way, it would be nice to know that could possibly be the reason for all the miscarriages, on the other hand, it would mean more interventions, but at least the OB might take me seriously then.)

But, in other news, I'm 6 weeks exactly today! Woohoo!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#4 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM

7w3d today. This week I'm trying to get prenatal care squared away, and hopefully get an appointment set up, either with a midwife, or at the Army hospital. I really want a home birth, but we know we're going to be moving sometime before the birth- we just don't know where, or for sure when (prob. in March). So I've been emailing a bit with a midwife here, hoping she will agree to take me, even though we'll be moving. When we get orders for our new assignment, hopefully I can start looking for a midwife to deliver with. It's all been such a headache! If she won't take me, I'm just going to have to resign myself to the awfulness of the Army hospital here. *sigh*

I've started to have that awful hunger/nausea this week, it hits me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere. No vomiting, yet. I never threw up with ds, just felt like it half the time.

ds has finally decided he's ok with using the potty this week, so maybe I won't have two in diapers after all !

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#5 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 05:26 PM

6w5d here!

I still don't really *feel* pregnant. No nausea, no nothing. It doesn't really feel real yet!

Arranging my first midwife appointment this week - excited to hear a heartbeat so I can wrap my head around it!
#6 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 05:33 PM

I'm 9 weeks 2 days today and feeling pretty tired! It's been hard to get a good night's sleep the last couple weeks. I've been waking up to pee a few times every night and feeling sick whenever I lay down, so it hasn't been easy. The nausea is a little better this week though so thats been nice!

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#7 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 05:58 PM

7w5d today! Feeling slightly less tired and nauseous than I have been feeling the last couple of weeks. I think it might be the iced ginger tea that I have been sipping on all day. My house is a mess, and I still don't feel like preparing or cooking or looking at any food though :P
I am trying to find the motivation to call and interview HB MW's. I already have it narrowed down to two, and I have friends that have delivered with both and have taken all of their experiences into account, so I just need to call and make a decision. Anyway, hope everyone is feeling better (or continuing to feel good) this week!!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#8 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Nine weeks tomorrow.

Dealing with a lot of stressful scenarios on our family plate. I know, "who isn't?" right?

We might have to move in a few weeks. We have no money. still haven't been approved for Medicaid so I can't see anyone yet to make sure I'm still happily pregnant and all is well. I know from experience that just cause my body says so doesn't make it so.

My family all left for a big family reunion this weekend, and we couldn't go because...no money. So I'm feeling very left alone, left out, and bummed.

And it's our anniversary this weekend. No one to watch DD, since everyone left town. Guess it'll be a quiet night at home.

But....who's life isn't stressful? seriously. I need to stop pity partying.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#9 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
Nine weeks tomorrow.

Dealing with a lot of stressful scenarios on our family plate. I know, "who isn't?" right?

We might have to move in a few weeks. We have no money. still haven't been approved for Medicaid so I can't see anyone yet to make sure I'm still happily pregnant and all is well. I know from experience that just cause my body says so doesn't make it so.

My family all left for a big family reunion this weekend, and we couldn't go because...no money. So I'm feeling very left alone, left out, and bummed.

And it's our anniversary this weekend. No one to watch DD, since everyone left town. Guess it'll be a quiet night at home.

You're not pity partying! It sounds like a lot to deal with. That stinks that you can't go out and celebrate your anniversary. Hope things look up soon...

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#10 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 PM

9w5d today. Anxiously awaiting U/S on Friday to confirm our twins...what if it's not?? At this point, I know I'll be very disappointed...
Feeling *slightly* better, but still tired beyond belief and feeling very "heavy" in my lower abdomen - like a big, heavy water balloon is in there

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#11 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 PM

That's quite a difference in dates! Do you think it's accurate? At least it's a step backward and not forward, so if nothing else it gives the little one a little extra time to cook at the end.

All is going well here so far. I'm a little over 6w now. I was feeling really good yesterday, so much so I was getting concerned. Then in the afternoon, the tiredness and nauseousness hit again. Super tired, though nausea is mild fortunately. So, yay for symptoms LOL

We still haven't told our boys yet, and won't for a few more weeks. My youngest has been playing a lot of baby though. He picks up random objects and pretends to give birth to them and nurse them, plays mama to the dolls in the house, and once he pulled my shirt over himself and pretended to be a baby in my tummy, that was funny.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#12 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post

But, in other news, I'm 6 weeks exactly today! Woohoo!
Wooo Kalamos! We're neck and neck! I thought I was 6w1d but my doctor said if I ovulated August 3rd I was 6w?

AFM, my most noticeable symptoms are my gigantic breasts and the fact that I can't stay awake during the day. Last couple days my stomach was really touchy--not exactly nauseous, just "off." Today it was better.

AAANNND...I had my 6 week ultrasound today! It was to rule out another molar pregnancy, which I had last time. The doctor said everything looks good! 4mm fetal pole, yolk sac, gestational sac. She wouldn't out and out say there was a heartbeat but I could see a flicker on the screen that she said "does look like cardiac activity." She didn't measure bpm or anything because she said at this stage it's too difficult to figure out what are my blood vessels and what is the baby's heart.

Back in two weeks for my first official ob visit. DH and I are leaving for Europe tomorrow--Holland and France, visiting friends and family. So yeah. I'm going to Amsterdam and not smoking pot, and going to Paris and not drinking wine or eating unpasteurized soft cheese. That said, if there's a really good brie sandwich calling to me I'm gonna take a couple bites. And I'm not ruling out maybe one glass of wine. My sister's friend is french and recently had a baby--I'll ask her what rules she followed and then just do the same. Her mom's a midwife so I figure she'll know what she's talking about.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#13 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 PM

8w3d today, nausea is still here, i stocked up on some Standard Process vitamins today at the chiro and got an adjustment. Hopefully it will help with the nausea.
Still trying to figure out where to have my baby.
Need to get medicaid going so i can go to the birth center for prenatal care.
Have come to the realizaion that it is safer to have the baby in Texas rather than Mexico. So my husband will miss yet another birth. But i need to feel safe and secure during delivery. So the birth center it will be.
I have had several friends offer their homes for me to birth in...but i'm not sure i feel comfortable having a baby in someone else's home. KWIM?
Having a emotional past 2 weeks.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#14 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Blanca - I think I might be a day behind you? I'm not sure, I'm going by an ovulation date of Aug 4 now, so if you ovulated Aug 3, you would be 6w1d today as far as I can tell. Enjoy your trip! I love love love Holland and France when I was there, I'm so jealous!! The food is DIVINE and the people are just wonderful. My mouth is watering just thinking of the Dutch waffle caramel cookie thingies - we lived on them! And the chocolate pastries in France! Yum! I hope you have an amazing amazing time!

Got my beta back, 26331 at 6w0d, with a doubling time of 77 hours (betas at 4w6d - 3689, 5w1d - 7288 doubling time 46 hours). Now to just wait for the Factor V test to come back - the lab has it but man, getting it from the lab to the OBs office takes FOREVER.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#15 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
8w5d today. Second appointment at my OB's office tomorrow (but it will be the first one with my OB and not just a NP). Canceled the u/s that was scheduled for tomorrow because we went in for an emergency u/s at 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat so I don't feel like I need to have another one. I don't think I will be able to relax until/unless we hear the heartbeat with the doppler at 12 weeks.

Nausea is constant and I'm on the verge of puking pretty much all day long. Fortunately, my husband has been home from work for the past week or two and has been able to help out with DS and the house. Unfortunately, it is because his work keeps telling him to not bother coming in because there's no work for him

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#16 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM

I'm 8w5d here as well (Right with you, Sihaya!)

This week sucked. Lots of nausea, crazy tired and a few wierd moments of reality kicking in and realizing we are actually having another baby!!

Finally told the girls on Sunday and they are SUPER excited. We got them charms for their charm bracelets that say big sister and kind of let them figure it out. The 6 year old picked it up pretty quick when her little sisters charm said big sister, too. It was very cute. This weekend we will tell the rest of the family.

kalamos23- your numbers seem great! Hope they get the other labs back to you quickly!

othersomethings- happy anniversary! Where in central fl. are you? I'm in that area, too.

Blanca78- Have a great trip! I went to London (over christmas and new years!!) and was 11 wks pregnant and was so pissed about not being able to go out to the pubs and stuff. We did go to one pub and I did have a cider! just one. she turned out fine!!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#17 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 PM

7w4d here. My first appointment and ultrasound are tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting that behind me!

I feel like poo. Exhausted and icky feeling all the time. I can't complain though. I'm not throwing up constantly so that's a plus!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#18 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll get the results later today along with the results of the Factor V Leiden test. Hoping and praying there's good news on both accounts (and I'm not sure if good news would mean testing positive for Factor V or not - in one way, it would be nice to know that could possibly be the reason for all the miscarriages, on the other hand, it would mean more interventions, but at least the OB might take me seriously then.)
I hope you get the news you're hoping for. I see what you mean about not knowing what would be the best news. I hope your OB takes you seriously no matter what. If not, show him/her the door.

#19 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 PM

I'm about 9 and a half weeks, and haven't even contacted a single midwife yet.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#20 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagin37 View Post
I've started to have that awful hunger/nausea this week, it hits me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere. No vomiting, yet. I never threw up with ds, just felt like it half the time.

ds has finally decided he's ok with using the potty this week, so maybe I won't have two in diapers after all !
I hope the midwife will take you on. What a stress off your shoulders to not have to deal with a crummy hospital. We're doing a homebirth too, but have an OB-GYN from Germany through my HMO who will order tests and ultrasounds through my insurance. That's the best. Maybe your hospital will be cool like that? I hope so.

I have the EXACT same thing with hunger/nausea. I get so hungry so fast I think I might throw-up and then I can't get the food in fast enough. Lately, though, I've been getting full way too quickly such that I know I'll be nauseously hungry again in twenty minutes.

I WISH my boy would take to the potty. He's 22 months right now. I got him some Motherease trainers and put the potty out in the bathroom for him to get used to. I'm in the "Don't Sweat It' phase of potty training. He's verbal, but not stringing together sentences yet, so I think making me aware of his need is a bit beyond his abilities right now. He can tell me he pooped after he's done, but I think he isn't ready to say that he has to go in advance. Just a hunch. I don't want to make potty training a struggle. I'd love him, like your boy, to just be cool with it soon so I won't have two in diapers.

#21 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burleson View Post
6w5d here!

I still don't really *feel* pregnant. No nausea, no nothing. It doesn't really feel real yet!

Arranging my first midwife appointment this week - excited to hear a heartbeat so I can wrap my head around it!
I felt that way for a while - such that I couldn't really grasp that I was pregnant again. We heard a little heartbeat today and now I'm trying to wrap my head around THAT. So cool.

#22 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
Nine weeks tomorrow.

That does sound like a lot. Vent away. If you get blow off the steam here that can only be a good thing. I hope you get the Medicaid business squared away soon. Also, happy anniversary. Maybe you can plan something special at home after your girl has gone to sleep. A cake or a movie or something. Have fun.

#23 of 35 Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

After more than two years on these boards, I just figured out how to Multi-quote. Durrrrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post
7w5d today! Feeling slightly less tired and nauseous than I have been feeling the last couple of weeks. I think it might be the iced ginger tea that I have been sipping on all day. My house is a mess, and I still don't feel like preparing or cooking or looking at any food though :P
I am trying to find the motivation to call and interview HB MW's. I already have it narrowed down to two, and I have friends that have delivered with both and have taken all of their experiences into account, so I just need to call and make a decision. Anyway, hope everyone is feeling better (or continuing to feel good) this week!!
Mmmmmm - I love ginger tea. If you are in search of a good one, there is a Tazo variety that I can't get enough of. It's sooo delicious.
http://www.amazon.com/Tazo-Infusion-.../dp/B003WZHJNQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post
9w5d today. Anxiously awaiting U/S on Friday to confirm our twins...what if it's not?? At this point, I know I'll be very disappointed...
Feeling *slightly* better, but still tired beyond belief and feeling very "heavy" in my lower abdomen - like a big, heavy water balloon is in there
Sending you double bean vibes, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post
We still haven't told our boys yet, and won't for a few more weeks. My youngest has been playing a lot of baby though. He picks up random objects and pretends to give birth to them and nurse them, plays mama to the dolls in the house, and once he pulled my shirt over himself and pretended to be a baby in my tummy, that was funny.
I LOVE that! Too cute. My son loves to point to my breasts and say, "BAYBEE!" We've told him I'm pregnant, but he doesn't really get where the baby is. He does point to his own stomach and say the same thing. Sometimes he points to his behind though and says the same thing...pretty cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
AAANNND...I had my 6 week ultrasound today! It was to rule out another molar pregnancy, which I had last time. The doctor said everything looks good! 4mm fetal pole, yolk sac, gestational sac. She wouldn't out and out say there was a heartbeat but I could see a flicker on the screen that she said "does look like cardiac activity." She didn't measure bpm or anything because she said at this stage it's too difficult to figure out what are my blood vessels and what is the baby's heart.

Back in two weeks for my first official ob visit. DH and I are leaving for Europe tomorrow--Holland and France, visiting friends and family. So yeah. I'm going to Amsterdam and not smoking pot, and going to Paris and not drinking wine or eating unpasteurized soft cheese. That said, if there's a really good brie sandwich calling to me I'm gonna take a couple bites. And I'm not ruling out maybe one glass of wine. My sister's friend is french and recently had a baby--I'll ask her what rules she followed and then just do the same. Her mom's a midwife so I figure she'll know what she's talking about.
That's awesome!

SO JEALOUS about your trip to Europe.

I ate brie through my pregnancy and had the occasional small glass of wine in my third trimester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie View Post
8w3d today, nausea is still here, i stocked up on some Standard Process vitamins today at the chiro and got an adjustment. Hopefully it will help with the nausea.
Still trying to figure out where to have my baby.
Need to get medicaid going so i can go to the birth center for prenatal care.
Have come to the realizaion that it is safer to have the baby in Texas rather than Mexico. So my husband will miss yet another birth. But i need to feel safe and secure during delivery. So the birth center it will be.
I have had several friends offer their homes for me to birth in...but i'm not sure i feel comfortable having a baby in someone else's home. KWIM?
Having a emotional past 2 weeks.
I love Standard Process! I get the Thytrophin products and digestive enzymes through my Naturopathic doc. There farm is not far from where I live and they are organic and biodynamic and awesome. Great company.

I just went for my second-ever chiropractor appointment and my back feels amazing. Definitely something I will continue doing through this pregnancy. I want to be optimally aligned, so I don't wind up pushing in second stage labor for five hours like I did last time. Ouch.

Quote:
I love love love Holland and France when I was there, I'm so jealous!! The food is DIVINE and the people are just wonderful. My mouth is watering just thinking of the Dutch waffle caramel cookie thingies - we lived on them! And the chocolate pastries in France! Yum! I hope you have an amazing amazing time!
Oh man, I love those too - I love to place them over a steaming cup of coffee and get them all warm and gooey. So good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Nausea is constant and I'm on the verge of puking pretty much all day long. Fortunately, my husband has been home from work for the past week or two and has been able to help out with DS and the house. Unfortunately, it is because his work keeps telling him to not bother coming in because there's no work for him
Boo - I hope that goes away soon. Cool that your husband has been able to help. Uncool his job has no work for him right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
Finally told the girls on Sunday and they are SUPER excited. We got them charms for their charm bracelets that say big sister and kind of let them figure it out. The 6 year old picked it up pretty quick when her little sisters charm said big sister, too. It was very cute. This weekend we will tell the rest of the family.

kalamos23- your numbers seem great! Hope they get the other labs back to you quickly!
That charm bracelet idea was an excellent one. That is gonna be such a nice memory for them. I'm excited for you to tell your family! Have fun!

Kalamos23 - those numbers do look great, I hope that is a load off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
7w4d here. My first appointment and ultrasound are tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting that behind me!
Good luck, mama!

#24 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid1024 View Post
I hope the midwife will take you on. What a stress off your shoulders to not have to deal with a crummy hospital. We're doing a homebirth too, but have an OB-GYN from Germany through my HMO who will order tests and ultrasounds through my insurance. That's the best. Maybe your hospital will be cool like that? I hope so.

I have the EXACT same thing with hunger/nausea. I get so hungry so fast I think I might throw-up and then I can't get the food in fast enough. Lately, though, I've been getting full way too quickly such that I know I'll be nauseously hungry again in twenty minutes.

I WISH my boy would take to the potty. He's 22 months right now. I got him some Motherease trainers and put the potty out in the bathroom for him to get used to. I'm in the "Don't Sweat It' phase of potty training. He's verbal, but not stringing together sentences yet, so I think making me aware of his need is a bit beyond his abilities right now. He can tell me he pooped after he's done, but I think he isn't ready to say that he has to go in advance. Just a hunch. I don't want to make potty training a struggle. I'd love him, like your boy, to just be cool with it soon so I won't have two in diapers.
I had that happen to me last night at dinner. UG.
I try to keep a snack for me, and one for ds in his diaper bag now, whenever we leave the house so I don't get caught in the car or the store feeling like I'm going to hurl.

We've been very nonchalant about the potty until recently. I introduced it around 18m, and he really had no interest in going on it at all until several weeks ago. Even then, it was hit and miss. It freaked him out, he'd start to go, then stop, and hold it until he had a huge, lake-sized accident. We'd have lots of naked time where we'd read on the potty, or sit and color. I won't lie, I started giving him a sticker for every time he went, and after that, it's been a breeze. After the second day, he didn't even ask for his sticker. Our next big step will be leaving the house without a diaper.

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#25 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM

I am 8weeks 5 days. I continue to feel tired but no sickness. I am very thankful for that. I do have to eat frequently and I also can only eat so much at a sitting then have to eat again in a couple of hours.

This morning I came into work to see that I was being assigned a long term task. I decided I needed to tell my manger so I drug her into a conference room, we usually meet in a more public space. It turned out that no I was not being given the task long term, we just all get to learn it. But since I drug her in there I felt a little silly and she kept asking questions about whether I was worried about this, that or the other thing so I decided to tell her. She was cool with it, happy for me and said she would not tell anyone. Thank goodness, I was so worried about it all. I think because this is the first person who it would actually be an impact on (other than DH).

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#26 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyFrog View Post
I am 8weeks 5 days. I continue to feel tired but no sickness. I am very thankful for that. I do have to eat frequently and I also can only eat so much at a sitting then have to eat again in a couple of hours.

This morning I came into work to see that I was being assigned a long term task. I decided I needed to tell my manger so I drug her into a conference room, we usually meet in a more public space. It turned out that no I was not being given the task long term, we just all get to learn it. But since I drug her in there I felt a little silly and she kept asking questions about whether I was worried about this, that or the other thing so I decided to tell her. She was cool with it, happy for me and said she would not tell anyone. Thank goodness, I was so worried about it all. I think because this is the first person who it would actually be an impact on (other than DH).
I bet that was a huge relief. Yay that it went so well!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#27 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. I'm 8w5d today and still feeling soooo tired, thirsty, and sick. It's been a challenge, making myself do my work, but I am making it so far. I keep thinking, 'if I can just make it through this day'. It's going slooowly though.

I just heard from my midwife--she was my midwife for the last 2 children, and I was so hoping that she'd be available (she does a lot of work in Africa, in fact she just returned this week). It's a go! So, very happy about that.

I don't have an appointment yet, but will probably see her in the next couple of weeks.

I am also just not thinking/believing that this is real....I lost a baby at 17 weeks 6 years ago and I am still feeling very unsure and a bit worried since that time. Nothing is guaranteed, you know? But I do feel 'right' this time and hope all is well.
#28 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid1024 View Post
The 3 day potty training ebook worked great with my DS. You can buy it online. It took a day and a half and he was totally trained. And it is VERY positive. it!

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#29 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM

My appt went very well today!! We saw the heartbeat and our sweet little babe! So fun!! We told the kids today and they are thrilled!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#30 of 35 Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM

I am 7w1d today. Feeling much better on zofran. I was puking after almost every meal all last weekend. Not fun. The other day I had a very tiny amount of pink spotting. Later that night DH and I dtd, a few hours after that I had some bright red spotting, followed by pink and later brown. My MW said that the red spotting was related to sex. Really? I googled a bit and saw 'increased blood flow to cervix' etc. Well it freaked me out anyway so I told DH we're done for awhile. I haven't been in the mood anyway. Too nauseous.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page