No fetus found at 9 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had my ultrasound-tech couldn't tell me much, just that it looks like a very early pregnancy, and she couldn't even find anything to take a picture of for me to take home. I don't know if she saw a heartbeat-doubtful.

I'm waiting for my midwife to call with the full report, and at the moment I'm just a mess.

I don't know what to do with myself!

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#2 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 04:41 PM

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you and waiting for your update. Hugs, mama.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#3 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 04:43 PM

So you "should" be at 9 weeks, right? As in, there should be something to see. Is it possible you aren't as far along as you think?

Either way, I'm sorry. I know you must be hurting and scared. I'm praying for you. *hugs*

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#4 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 05:27 PM

Oh no! I hope you are just earlier than you thought!

Heather, DH Adam, DS Kayden 6/08, angel baby 10/10
#5 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, there's no way the baby could be anything more than a week off, and that's stretching it. I don't even know what to think at this point, but the worst part of it is that the tech was all "I can't tell you anything", and at the very end, she left me in the room waiting in case she needed to do something else, and came in and told me...a little too happily this bad news. And she didn't even offer any compassion.

I also have no girlfriends and no family here to support me, and DH isn't really very good at this type of thing. I feel like I'm drowning in grief...

But I don't want to leave the due date club until I'm sure-until it's confirmed that this will end in a miscarriage...still holding on to some shred of hope I guess. Hope it's ok if I stick around a bit...

Marcie

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

#6 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabesgrrrl View Post
But I don't want to leave the due date club until I'm sure-until it's confirmed that this will end in a miscarriage...still holding on to some shred of hope I guess. Hope it's ok if I stick around a bit...
Our DDC is FULL of women who showed lots of very scary signs of pending pregnancy loss...only to find that they were still very well pregnant. I hope you are one of those as well!!

As far as sticking around, I didn't want to return to my last DDC after a miscarriage but when I found out I was pregnant again, I checked in and it was so good to see all those mamas who I had been chatting with in that first trimester.

I say stay here forever...or as long as it helps you. It can certainly help to come here to share your results because lots of these mamas have major knowledge of how to interpret all kinds of prenatal testing. It can also help to come for some of that special kind of sympathy that only moms who have loss a child can give. A third loss I imagine requires even more of that I'm sure.

Keep us posted, mama!

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#7 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 05:49 PM

I really hope you get a conclusive answer soon, it's horrible to be left hanging like that!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#8 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 PM

So sorry praying for better news from your MW :

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#9 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 PM

I will certainly keep my fingers crossed for good news for you! are your dates certain?? I though I was about 8+ wks with dd#2 but wasn't for sure and when I went in for u/s they saw just a gestational sac no HB, nothing. they estimated 4-5 wks and basically I was in limbo for the next 5 wks until we could hear a heartbeat and know that I just wasn't as far along as I thought at that 1st u/s.

I'm sorry you have no support around you right now. that just makes things even harder s

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#10 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 PM

s

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#11 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 PM

Oh Marcie, I am so sorry to read this. The ultrasound tech's lack of compassion sounds horrible--I remember from my previous pregnancy (a molar pregnancy) that the kindness of the medical staff made all the difference in the world. The one person who did not offer such kindness has really stuck in my memory.

I don't have any words of wisdom to offer, except that I am sorry and I so hope that this is some kind of fluke and everything is okay. It must be so hard not to have a support system around--is there anyone you can call?

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#12 of 21 Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 PM

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#13 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM

I'm so sorry to hear your news I'm still hoping for you that the dates are off or something. How long until you hear from your midwife? It must be so hard to wait for that information.

I don't live to far away so if there's anything I can do, let me know. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you.

s

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#14 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all...
The midwife called at 8:30PM last night, and said the tech DID find a fetus, but it's only measuring 6weeks and 4 days old. Since I haven't BDed since we tried to conceive, my dates can't be wrong.

It's almost certainly a missed miscarriage, but the midwife said that she wanted to schedule me for another US next week, because if for some reason the baby really was this old, a heartbeat would be seen next week. She did say I may miscarry before the appointment, and that aside from no HB and the size, everything looked like it was fine-no signs of bleeding, and sac/etc was all the right size.

I'm pretty sure my body will miscarry soon, as I'm starting to feel 'empty'. I wrote a whole long post about what's happening over at the PAL thread, so if you want to know the details-it's over there....

Thank you all for your kind words and heartfelt hugs....I really need it today.

Marcie

#15 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. The waiting and not knowing is so hard.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#16 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 PM

lots of and positive thoughts for you today

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#17 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Gabes. I am sorry you are going through this. I don't come to this ddc anymore, but saw your post from the main page. I was in this ddc, but found a blighted ovum at 6 weeks, I am still waiting to miscarry (have been waiting for a month). It could be a mistake - you should demand a repeat u/s or two before making any decisions. I waited three weeks before deciding to move on (mentally, I mean, I am still waiting for the miscarriage).

I don't know what to say, but give you a big

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#18 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 PM

Hugs mama

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#19 of 21 Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM

Did your mw happen to say if the size of the baby (I guess at 6w4d it's technically called the fetal pole) and the size of your gestational sac were consistent with each other?

I'm so sorry you're going through this...the limbo is a hard thing. I will be praying that somehow next week you'll get good news, and if not, that you'll be able to find comfort and peace.
Hugs

#20 of 21 Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM

hi 

On last month we went for u/s, Technician said by measuring the fetus its 6week 3days and that time we listned the baby HB. but according to the due date it should be 8 week so doc schedule for another u/s after 2 weeks when tech did the u/s today she said their is no sac found no HB found i was very much surprised  and doc said i ill go through miscarage in 2 week, but i ask for another u/s for next week, i'm so worried what to do  till now i don't have any problem. I dont know what will be in my next u/s?

#21 of 21 Old 07-12-2011, 10:09 AM

Hi there,

This is an old thread from an April 2011 due date club--you might try posting in the pregnancy loss forum here on Mothering.com. I'm very sorry for what you're going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLittle123 View Post

hi 

On last month we went for u/s, Technician said by measuring the fetus its 6week 3days and that time we listned the baby HB. but according to the due date it should be 8 week so doc schedule for another u/s after 2 weeks when tech did the u/s today she said their is no sac found no HB found i was very much surprised  and doc said i ill go through miscarage in 2 week, but i ask for another u/s for next week, i'm so worried what to do  till now i don't have any problem. I dont know what will be in my next u/s?

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page