Anyone doing Hypnobabies? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i've been fortunate to find a hypnobabies instructor here in NYC who does group classes and DP and I will be starting next weekend carrot.gif

DP is actually less than thrilled and thinks its all a bunch of nonsense, but hopefully after being in a group setting with a bunch of other men who may be able to commiserate with him and help him gain a better understanding of what hynobabies actually is.. he'll be more on board.

im uber excited about getting started though! it ain't cheap ($400 including materials).. but im sure it'll be worth it

i would've done the homestudy course, but i like the idea of DP being really really involved and doing this with me. i know if i just hand him the book and a few cds, it'll wind up under the stack of all the other things he has to do!

mommy to "mine" (7), "his" (5), and preggers with "ours" due march 2011!!! 

heartbeat.gifIts a GIRL!!!!
#32 of 47 Old 11-19-2010, 05:43 PM

20% off is on for the Holidays! http://www.hypnobabies.com/mylink.php?id=3812

Liora - wife to Pete, IVF miracle DD babygirl.gif (2.11.09) 11 year Infertility survivor! FET miracle TWIN boys babyboy.gifbabyboy.gifborn 2/28 at 32 weeks and growing strong in the NICU.
#33 of 47 Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 AM

Do any of you know whether there is an active Yahoo group for Hypnobabies now?

There was one which I loved being part of during my last pregnancy. So many inspiring birth stories and empowered mamas! I tried searching but couldn't find it - I am not very used to the Yahoo groups, though...

How is everyone getting on with their hypno preparations? I have not really followed my plan up until now, so I need to start!!!

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
#34 of 47 Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 AM

About a week ago I finally got the MP3s loaded onto my ipod and have been listening at night before I fall asleep.  I need to find the book and skim through it again, but last time the book wasn't anywhere near as helpful as the MP3s.

I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by havsulen View Post
How is everyone getting on with their hypno preparations? I have not really followed my plan up until now, so I need to start!!!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#35 of 47 Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The Hypnobabies Yahoo group is still around and very active! Here's the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hypnobabies/

I started my home study course at 20 weeks and have been fairly good at keeping up with it. This week is my last week in maintenance before I go back through the Lessons one more time and restart maintenance at 38 weeks.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#36 of 47 Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 PM

I finally found a copy and started last week. Yes, I know it's a little late to start, but I'm hoping it won't matter. I really love the program so far. I find it amazing that I'm out a few minutes into listening and start to wake up when she's counting. I think my husband thinks I'm nuts :)

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#37 of 47 Old 02-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm having a hard time with the Hypnobabies CDs. I love love love the affirmations and I listen to them every day, but when I try to listen to listen to the hypnosis tracks, I end up having to stop because my restless leg syndrome goes crazy. During the day I move around a lot and it's fine but every time I try to relax it's so bad I want to cry. I've tried the first two tracks twice each and I've never been able to make it all the way through the track. I feel like I'm running out of time (I'm about 31 weeks) and I'm worried that I won't be able to get enough practice in to be of much use during labor.

Anybody else had trouble with getting jittery or itchy or not being able to finish the tracks for some reason?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#38 of 47 Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 AM

I have all my stuff and haven't even started.  boo. I suck.  My doula soes hypno and I am doing her program.  We will do a private hypno session or 2 prior to delivery and she will be there so I guess I am counting on that.  Plus I did all the cd's and stuff twice (okay-so it was 6 and 7 years ago!) but I'm hoping its all stored in there and comes back to me easily!

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#39 of 47 Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 AM

minkajane - I wish I could help. Have you tried asking in Birth and Beyond? There will be more people who can help there. I just joined the yahoo group, but I'm waiting on approval. Are there any positions that work best for your legs?

married 11/06, DD May 2009, DS  April 2011successful, natural 9lbs 6ozvbac.gif

#40 of 47 Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 AM

I'm going to try doing it at a time other than bedtime. Since my legs are worse in the evenings, that may help. As soon as DH gets up today, he's taking DS so I can have some quiet time.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#41 of 47 Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM

Mandi - In the Files section of the Yahoo group there is a document (in the FAQs folder) about Restless Leg Syndrome. It has suggestions for exercises, supplements, and homeopathic remedies. Hope that helps a little!

#42 of 47 Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post

I'm having a hard time with the Hypnobabies CDs. I love love love the affirmations and I listen to them every day, but when I try to listen to listen to the hypnosis tracks, I end up having to stop because my restless leg syndrome goes crazy. During the day I move around a lot and it's fine but every time I try to relax it's so bad I want to cry. I've tried the first two tracks twice each and I've never been able to make it all the way through the track. I feel like I'm running out of time (I'm about 31 weeks) and I'm worried that I won't be able to get enough practice in to be of much use during labor.

Anybody else had trouble with getting jittery or itchy or not being able to finish the tracks for some reason?

I don't have the CDs anymore (going to do labor from memory, but I've been able to numb myself since so I'm hopeful), but I remember being on the 3rd or 4th CD/track, where you get pretty deep into it, and I'd get soooo itchy!  I never really got past that, but kept listening to the CDs while I slept and switching off with the affirmations CD and was able to keep myself hypnotized for most of my labor (pitocin finally got to me).  Don't give up, try to work through it, but even if you can't get past the itchies/restlessness I think you may still be in a hypnotic state, if I recall correctly.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#43 of 47 Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Heya Hypnobabies Mamas!  Just wanted to check in and see if you feel ready, and what you have been doing to prepare.

I've been listening to the variety of tracks as I sleep and letting them play all night.  I switch from the affirmations to the different hypnosis practices depending on my mood.  The last few nights I've really been digging the hypnotic childbirth #1 and #2.  I feel pretty good about being able to anesthetize myself and get into a pretty deep hypnotic spell at will.  I know it's harder when you are contracting to focus, but I think I'm as prepared as I can get.  I need to really think about possibly having some background music ready to go on my iPod to help tune out any distractions.  Last time I just listened to the hynpnobabies tracks to keep me focused, but this time around I'm not sure I want to.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#44 of 47 Old 03-31-2011, 02:26 PM

I gave up on Hypnobabies, to be honest. I tried for a few weeks, but between working two jobs, moving, and constant interruptions from three boys + 3 dogs, I wasn't able to do them regularly. It got to the point where I was getting really stressed out about the fact that I wasn't doing them, so I said screw it. I do listen to the pregnancy affirmations whenever I can, I use the finger-drop and light switch techniques to help me relax at night, and I plan on listening to the CDs during labor. I think I'll be fine.

#45 of 47 Old 04-01-2011, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

I'm doing them when I can.  I have Hypnobabies and mainly just like disk 1.  3 is OK.  I haven't done the affirmations.  I'm totally half-assing it.  ;-)   I do find them helpful when I'm having trouble sleeping and, for me, they help with the restless leg.  

I have a question about their use during birth.  Do you all plan to listen to the tapes during birth or are you supposed to be able to "turn it on" without the recording by then?  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#46 of 47 Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

I'm doing them when I can.  I have Hypnobabies and mainly just like disk 1.  3 is OK.  I haven't done the affirmations.  I'm totally half-assing it.  ;-)   I do find them helpful when I'm having trouble sleeping and, for me, they help with the restless leg.  

I have a question about their use during birth.  Do you all plan to listen to the tapes during birth or are you supposed to be able to "turn it on" without the recording by then?  

With my last birth I listened to one of the tracks (can't remember which one) for many hours to keep focused.  This time around I'm not sure, but I will have them all cued up on my iPod just in case.  There are a couple that are specific to when you are in labor and pushing, so I want to have those ready to go.  Plus there is a Birthing Day affirmations track that is pretty good - I think I will listen to it in early labor to keep focused and positive.  I also want to have some lyric-less music ready in case I don't feel like listening to the hypnobabies stuff but want to drown out the other noises to keep focused.

#47 of 47 Old 04-01-2011, 07:59 AM

I'm still doing the maintenance schedule as far as listening to tracks goes, plus "Turn Posterior Baby Turn" every night. I keep slacking off on the affirmations, but am still listening to them at least 3-4 times a week. I've been skipping finger drop practice too and on the days I do any I only do 1-2, but hopefully this will change after I finish the last couple of things on my to do list and have more time to just relax during the day.

Last time, during birth, I tried to listen to my tracks in (what I thought was) early labor, but they just irritated me so I turned them off (which may have involved throwing the iPod across the apartment and directing some choice words at Kerry redface.gif). I ended up just using the peace cue during labor instead. This time I plan to use the cues/techniques during early labor and then listen to the tracks during active labor, but I'm really flexible about doing whatever feels right in the moment.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page