Are you going to find out your baby's gender? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 10-01-2010, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
We are not oging to be finding out because we are not getting an ultrasound. For us, the not finding out the gender is more of a side effect of choosing not to have an ultrasound than a choice in and of itself. If we end up getting an ultrasound because one is indicated for some reason, we will probably go ahead and find out.

Melissa Wife to DH, Mom to DS (6) and DD (3) We are a homebirthing, no vax, intact, devoutly LDS happy family!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 10-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We won't be finding out the sex. I won't be having any ultrasounds unless indicated, but even then I don't think we would find out the sex.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#33 of 39 Old 10-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyFrog View Post
We won't be finding out the sex. I won't be having any ultrasounds unless indicated, but even then I don't think we would find out the sex.

me too. i love the mystery of not knowing who's in there, even my kids are excited to wait for the birth day.
#34 of 39 Old 10-01-2010, 09:35 PM

We'll be waiting to find out also . That and not telling any names before the baby is born drives our famillies nuts but it's kinda fun and they deal fine. LOL.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#35 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I am a hugely obsessive planner. I am a giant name geek. I have a very strong preference for one gender over another. We didn't find out with DS, and won't be finding out with this or any other future pregnancies unless there is a valid medical reason for knowing the gender before birth. (We also don't do any ultrasounds once viability is confirmed ~8 weeks, but we wouldn't find out even if we decided to have a ~20 week u/s or if there were other methods of finding out available to us.)

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#36 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have not decided if I want to find out or not. I did know with all my other children and kind of want a surprise with this one. However since DP is having so much trouble accepting the pregnancy a friend suggested that we find out the gender as soon as possible because it might make it more real to him if he knows.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#37 of 39 Old 10-02-2010, 05:38 PM

I'm leaning towards having it be a surprise at the birth. I really really want a girl as this will be our last and I know I will be disappointed if I find out its a boy before hand. However, I'm sure once the baby is here I will be thrilled either way.

Also, I read somewhere that women who find out the sex before hand and are disappointed by it have longer labors. I know that sounds really silly and I have no idea how accurate of a study it was so take it with a grain of salt.

All that said, its going to be really hard resisting if we end up having an ultra sound!!

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

#38 of 39 Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 PM

YES. Most definitely!!!
Its a nice surprise half way through the evils of morning sickness and the exhaustion of pregnancy.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#39 of 39 Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM

DS was a surprise, though I felt he was a boy before he was born so I wasn't surprised, just smug.

This time I want to find out, for the most boring reason in the world. We live in an apartment with limited space and I have saved all of DS's clothes, which is great if we have another boy. If we have a girl I am going to consign all his clothes at the spring sales. The newborn/3 months things are gender neutral so we will keep those.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page