Morning Sickness Vent thread Part 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 10-03-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Misery loves company. Who is still with me???? 14 weeks and 1 day and still as nauseous as before. I'm so annoyed that NOTHING tastes good. There is a lump in the back of my throat (thats what it feels like) and swallowing is hard. Heck eating anything is hard. GRRRR when is this going to end. I shouldn't be surpised that I'm still throwing up and nauseous 24-7 since it lasted till at least 25 weeks with my other 2... but the nausea is a little more managable this time so I guess I just thought it would be gone earlier.
I want a few weeks to enjoy in the second trimester before the achiness starts. Blah... Please tell me Im not the only one suffering?
SO.TIRED. OF. THIS.
I want to enjoy cooking and eating again.
The whole smells thing is still bothering me. I still can't look through the fridge. I just bought a big box of sposies for ds as I can't handle his stinky solids poop in the cloth right now. Its gaggifing.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#2 of 26 Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 PM

I've been taking the unisom/b6 combo since wk7 and it works really well for me. up until....4pm. Every day, 3:30 - 4pm, the queasiness is back and hard. just in time for husband to get home and not have dinner ready.

He's like "I thought your stuff was working." And I'm like "yeah, it is." *sigh*

And the throwing up while brushing teeth. That's still happening no matter what.

I borrowed my SIL's crockpot so I can make dinner in the morning when I feel great. At least the family has dinner even if I'm not eating it.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#3 of 26 Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 PM

Yep, I’m still with you. 12 weeks and it’s still hanging on with bitterness. I hate all food. Living on cereal and milk. At least I’m getting some calcium and D?! I’ve found now that my stomach feels so shrunken on the inside, like if I try to eat anything more than cereal or fruit, i get sickeningly full SO fast and then just hold back the puke until what little I ate “digests. “ It’s like after you’ve had a stomach bug and haven’t eaten for days, it takes a while for your stomach to stretch back out. But when you have a stomach bug, it actually goes away and you feel better and can eat after a few days. With MS, you just wake up to groundhog day every single day. I have stopped gagging and throwing up as much, but the 24/7 cloud of nausea and intense food & smell aversion remains.

Here is my biggest complaint right now: The mental aspect of all of this. I find it so hard to explain to DH, but I know you ladies will understand…it’s like a cloud of illness just engulfs you and it makes you physically sick, but also mentally and emotionally you just can’t motivate to do ANYTHING other than the bare, bare necessities. Which I guess would include feeding, changing and nursing DS (17 mos), but those are the most difficult tasks! DH and I just “celebrated” our 5 year wedding anniversary. Ha. I sat on the couch, ate whatever takeout and cereal I could get down, and watched TV all weekend….You look forward to nothing, and are basically just in survival mode…like get me through this day and please let tomorrow be better. You lose most forms of happiness. DS still makes me smile and feel love, but this cloud – it’s taken all of my positivity and I guess has me slightly depressed.

I miss being able to eat and cook and enjoy any aspect of life.

In hopes for relief for all of us soon…
#4 of 26 Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
And the throwing up while brushing teeth. That's still happening no matter what.
Ugh, this is the worst! My gag reflex is way to sensitive and I've dry heaved and thrown up stomach acid nearly every morning for the past few weeks.

Oh, and this horrible aftertaste in my mouth after eating is the worst cause it makes me nauseaus.

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
#5 of 26 Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 AM

I really don't remember being this miserable last time. I don't know if it's because I didn't have as many responsibilities and could just take a nap, or what. I'm still puking pretty much daily, and gagging at everything. It's a joy.

I'm over it, ready to get back to enjoying my life!

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
#6 of 26 Old 10-05-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmummy View Post
Yep, I’m still with you. 12 weeks and it’s still hanging on with bitterness. I hate all food. Living on cereal and milk. At least I’m getting some calcium and D?! I’ve found now that my stomach feels so shrunken on the inside, like if I try to eat anything more than cereal or fruit, i get sickeningly full SO fast and then just hold back the puke until what little I ate “digests. “ It’s like after you’ve had a stomach bug and haven’t eaten for days, it takes a while for your stomach to stretch back out. But when you have a stomach bug, it actually goes away and you feel better and can eat after a few days. With MS, you just wake up to groundhog day every single day. I have stopped gagging and throwing up as much, but the 24/7 cloud of nausea and intense food & smell aversion remains.

Here is my biggest complaint right now: The mental aspect of all of this. I find it so hard to explain to DH, but I know you ladies will understand…it’s like a cloud of illness just engulfs you and it makes you physically sick, but also mentally and emotionally you just can’t motivate to do ANYTHING other than the bare, bare necessities. Which I guess would include feeding, changing and nursing DS (17 mos), but those are the most difficult tasks! DH and I just “celebrated” our 5 year wedding anniversary. Ha. I sat on the couch, ate whatever takeout and cereal I could get down, and watched TV all weekend….You look forward to nothing, and are basically just in survival mode…like get me through this day and please let tomorrow be better. You lose most forms of happiness. DS still makes me smile and feel love, but this cloud – it’s taken all of my positivity and I guess has me slightly depressed.

I'm struggling with this too. This am I had a mental breakdown. Im so tired. All I want to do is snuggle on the couch with a book or a movie ALL DAY LONG. I dread every single week day where Dh is at work and its me and the kids ( 3 year old and 12 month old) all day long. I can barely get through the day. It is depressing. So is waking up every am and throwing up. And looking forward to nothing except the day the baby arrives and I can finally start feeling better again. I hate the mom I am while pregnant. Short tempered, tired, impatient. Doesn't cook for my family. Lets the kids watch to much tv, has no energy.
ahh and brushing my teeth? Don't even get me started!!

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#7 of 26 Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
13 weeks today and just puked. I did get a fairly energetic weekend so I guess I should be happy about that.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#8 of 26 Old 10-05-2010, 01:56 PM

I have been right there with you. Today is the first day I've even had enough energy to introduce myself to our DDC! I knew I was pregnant before I even missed my period in mid August because my stomach felt so weird (a great way to spend our vacation in Hawaii!) and have been pretty much nonfunctional since then. I even had to stop going to yoga class because I couldn't make it home with out throwing up afterward. I feel guilty for not being the best mom lately (lots of tv for the kids, take out dinners, grouchy behavior) but its really been all I can do just to leave my bed. Thank god DP works from home so he has been around to take care of us all or it would be ugly.

The last 3 days have been tolerable... I can eat somethings other than bagels and cereal, and I have some energy (if I take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon). We are flying home for my SIL's wedding tomorrow and haven't told the family yet, hopefully this good streak keeps up. I'm 10 weeks 5 days, so I'm not 100% convinced it's over.... but crossing my crossables for us all!!

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#9 of 26 Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 AM

I felt so yucky last night and puked and then I had this frog in my throat and lots of mucus which I kept gagging on. I did not sleep well either. This morning I puked again. I'll be 11 weeks on Friday. I hope this goes away after week 12. It did last time although the funny taste in my mouth lingered a bit longer.

#10 of 26 Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 AM

Just to give ya'll a little hope and encouragement: The MS started going away last week (around 12.5 weeks) and this week (13.5 weeks) is almost completely non-existent. (I was throwing up 3-4 times a day, depression, lack of motivation to do anything, felt like a bad mama etc.) I stopped throwing up 4 days ago, and now I only get nauseous once a day or so. I feel like a HUMAN BEING again! I did vomit this AM, but I think it's just because I didn't eat properly. (Lesson learned: 3 bites of a cold Cuban sandwich does not a healthy breakfast make). Anyway, here's sending you some anti-morning sickness vibes. Hopefully it will clear up for most of you soon, so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancies

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#11 of 26 Old 10-08-2010, 08:20 AM

I have no idea how I puked up food this morning. I thought it would all be digested by the morning. I felt sooo sick when I got up.

#12 of 26 Old 10-08-2010, 11:09 AM

i'm sorry mamas, i'm right there with you. 14 weeks, and still throwing up every time i brush my teeth. i've been chewing gum which seems to help with some of the nausea during the day, and i've been able to eat a few things here and there, trying hard to make sure that when i do feel like eating, i'm eating something nutrient dense. cooking is really challenging, as i love to cook and we've been getting such beautiful csa produce, thankfully dh has been stepping up to the plate and helping feed the kids and himself some of the beautiful bounty, but i'm still really struggling. breakfast is the hardest for me, i'm still pretty sick in the morning and my kids are soooo hungry, everything they want to eat makes me gag, so there's been lots of peanut butter toast and smoothies for breakfast, instead of the porridge and hot breakfasts they've been craving. i think i'm breaking out the crockpot this weekend and scouring the library for a good vegetarian crock pot cookbook. any suggestions?
#13 of 26 Old 10-09-2010, 03:03 AM

Sorry mamas

Anyone give milk thistle a try yet? I just gave my leftover bottle to a friend who is 9weeks and she noticed a difference after a few days.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#14 of 26 Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmummy View Post

Thank you, mama, for putting into words exactly how I'm feeling. I'm kinda depressed. I feel like a failure and somedays I wish I weren't pg and then I feel terrible about that, too, bc that's not really how I feel, I'm just sick of being sick, and I wish I could go to a dumb PTA meeting for my DS or take DD to the park, or, hell, even get out of bed for more than an hour... kwim?

Anyway, just wanted to drag myself in here to offer my condolences to all of us still suffering.

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#15 of 26 Old 10-09-2010, 07:21 PM

I have no idea what happened to me last night, but I was soo soo sick. I came home from work, started to nap, then puked, and then fell asleep. Thank goodness DH kept DS entertained. My stomach felt so yucky yesterday. I also don't know if I had a stomach bug too, because I felt like I was hit by a truck. Thank goodness I feel better today, but I'm starting to feel queasy again. I hope this nausea is gone by next week.
The only things I've been able to eat lately are soups and salads.

#16 of 26 Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 AM

I totally understand what you're going through! I am 15 weeks today and still dry-heaving every morning as soon as I wake up, and feeling nauseous throughout the day and sometimes vomiting at night.

The smells are what really set me off.. I can't even go grocery shopping anymore. As soon as I step in the store all of the different smells overwhelm me and I usually end up running outside or to the store's bathroom. It doesn't make life easy, that's for sure!

Everett Kai due April 3rd!
#17 of 26 Old 10-10-2010, 04:09 PM

I'm so glad I checked in on this board today. I have been feeling so alone with this. I'm about 12 weeks and this will be our fourth baby and I have never been so miserable in my life. I know that a large part of it is because I feel awful for not being the mom that the other three need right now -- too many movies, thrown-together meals and not enough patience and creativity -- so I'm just hoping that this subsides soon. I feel like I am in purgatory with no end in sight. Praying there is a day in the near future when I will be capable of more than laying in bed/on the couch all day, groaning and holding my head.
#18 of 26 Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 AM

Does anyone else feel worse at night than in the morning? I sure do. Puked again last night, then I had some phlegm in my throat that wouldn't go away and my throat still feels funny this morning, like there's a lump of food stuck in it.

#19 of 26 Old 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972momma View Post
I'm so glad I checked in on this board today. I have been feeling so alone with this. I'm about 12 weeks and this will be our fourth baby and I have never been so miserable in my life. I know that a large part of it is because I feel awful for not being the mom that the other three need right now -- too many movies, thrown-together meals and not enough patience and creativity -- so I'm just hoping that this subsides soon. I feel like I am in purgatory with no end in sight. Praying there is a day in the near future when I will be capable of more than laying in bed/on the couch all day, groaning and holding my head.
15. YES 15 weeks and still puking every am. This is me. So tired. Feel like such a bad mom most of the time. Took the kids to the park today and I just had to keep sitting down. Just wanted to go home and take a nap.

#20 of 26 Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post
Thank you, mama, for putting into words exactly how I'm feeling. I'm kinda depressed. I feel like a failure and somedays I wish I weren't pg and then I feel terrible about that, too, bc that's not really how I feel, I'm just sick of being sick, and I wish I could go to a dumb PTA meeting for my DS or take DD to the park, or, hell, even get out of bed for more than an hour... kwim?

Anyway, just wanted to drag myself in here to offer my condolences to all of us still suffering.
Sometimes I wish I weren't pregnant too but its just cuz I am so tired of being the energyless mom.

#21 of 26 Old 10-15-2010, 04:03 PM

I felt bad that I couldn't post forever because as I started to climb out of the m/s hole, everytime I came on this thread it would trigger me! So I just stayed away forever.

I got better, ptl. Now I'm at 16 weeks. The getting better started around 13 weeks but I only felt pretty normal by about this week.

I have to say, something that helped a lot and still helps a lot... I now subscribe to the cult of BAKING SODA! I make a rinse out of a little water and little baking soda and it kills that horrible sour/bitter taste in the mouth, gargle with it too. I brushed my teeth with it once, but my mom, who is a dental receptionist, got a worried look on her face and said something about it wearing off the enamel of my teeth. The rinses work almost as good to feel like they really clean my mouth, especially when brushing was so hard. Also, sometimes putting just a drop of peppermint essential oil in with the rinse. Amazing stuff.
#22 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 PM

14wks and finally got some Zofran. Also have to give a thumbs up for baking soda. I discovered several pg's ago that I can't stand toothpaste while pregnant. Baking soda is awesome!

Orthodox Mama
#23 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 17 and 1/2 weeks and haven't thrown up for 3 days!!! I still have plenty of nausea that comes and goes but it seems to be decreasing in amount and severity.... thank goodness.

#24 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 PM

I have to try the baking soda! 13 weeks here and still feel a little queasiness and I still have that nasty taste in my mouth. I still dry heave occasionally in the morning. My gag reflex is particularly strong cause if I start coughing, I feel like I'm gonna hurl.

#25 of 26 Old 10-26-2010, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
No throwing up but I'm still nauseous. Its awful. I didn't have nausea with DD and very little with DS but this time its horrible. I'm 14w3d now and its still here. I can barely eat and snacking is the only way I can eat without feeling horribly sick. I'm really sick of the nausea and the dizziness that comes with it. I thought I was going to faint in the grocery store earlier from it. Ugh!!! Hope this ends soon!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#26 of 26 Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 PM

Still puking daily here at 15 weeks, but I feel better overall. At least it's not all day long anymore, just patches here and there. I'm still not expecting it to go away completely, but I think I've gotten to a manageable level. Eating Luna Bar minis every time I get up at night really seems to help. My body needs soooo much protein.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page