~*~Spotlight on MnMtm~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
YAY!!! It's your turn to have the spotlight on you

Have you told friends and family your news? If so, how? If not, when and how do you plan to?
Does your DS know? If so what does he think?
What are you looking forward to most about this pregnancy?
What are you most scared/anxious/hesitant about this pregnancy?
What would your ideal birth look like?

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#2 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
YAY!!! It's your turn to have the spotlight on you

Have you told friends and family your news? If so, how? If not, when and how do you plan to?
Does your DS know? If so what does he think?
What are you looking forward to most about this pregnancy?
What are you most scared/anxious/hesitant about this pregnancy?
What would your ideal birth look like?
Yes, we told our families the same day that we found out. We didn't do anything too creative; we just texted everyone. Withour older DS, we didn't tell anyone; we just waited until they guessed.

We've talked to DS about it, but I'm not sure how much he understands. He'll point to my belly and say "Baby," and he knows to be very gentle with Mommy's tummy. (No jumping on it or being rough.) He likes to talk about babies, and he loves to point out babies that are nursing.

I am most looking forward to feeling the baby move regularly, and I'm really lookng forward to the birth.

I am most scared/anxious about getting another job before I look so pregnant that I can't hide it anymore. I know that people aren't supposed to discriminate based on pregnancy, but I'm sure there are those who do. Regarding the pregnancy itself, the only thing I'm a bit nervous about is having a labor as long as DS. (31 hours, plus he was posterior, so there was a lot of back labor.) I'm trying to better prepare my body and find visualization techniques that expedite labor rather than to cope with the pain.

My ideal birth would be at home ater a short labor with my DH there catching the baby, and the midwife and her assistant standing by.

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#3 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 02:30 PM

What is your favorite footwear?
What is your favorite season?
What is your favorite holiday?

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#4 of 14 Old 10-06-2010, 03:31 PM

What were your "go-to" fun activities pre-motherhood, and has that changed since?

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#5 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyFrog View Post
What is your favorite footwear?
What is your favorite season?
What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite footwear is flip-flops. I admit that I admire all those really cute stilettos, just not enough to bear wearing them all day myself.

My favorite season is Autumn. It may be odd, but Autumn, not Spring, has always seemed like more of a time of new beginnings to me. Maybe that's because when a new school year always started growing up. I love the relief from the heat that it brings, I love the leaves changing colors, and I love that we go right from the Halloween season into Thanksgiving, and then into Christmas, although I guess that last one in winter.

I know that this is the most common anwer, but I love Christmas. I love the parties, and the planning for gifts, and how refocused everything seems to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
What were your "go-to" fun activities pre-motherhood, and has that changed since?
Before I had my son, I loved to go to Krav Maga classes. Krav Maga is a type of self-defense, and it's also quite a work-out. I found it invigorating and empowering. I also loved learning about new things, especially related to healthcare. I know I'm kind of a nerd, but before I had my son I always did full-time work and full-time school. I've never had a desk job either; I guess I'm too antsy or something to sit still that long, and I love to learn new things. If college were free, I would be a perpetual student.

I don't do Krav Maga anymore. I stopped when I got pregnant with my older DS because the combat they do wouldn't be safe. By the time I would've been able to go back, my instructor had moved back to Texas, and the next closest instructor is over an hour away.

I do still love to learn, although I have graduated from college and don't plan on going back until my kids are all older.

A new interest that I have found is cooking, specifically healthy cooking. I love finding delicious recipes that pack a punch in the nutrition department as well.

These are good questions, guys, thanks!

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#6 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 AM

1. What is your degree in? WHat type of work are you looking to get?
2. Describe where you live to us? (open to interpretation- decscribe your house or your town or your state)
3. Do you have a feeling boy or girl this time? maybe a little bit of a preference of one over the other?
4. what is one of your favorite things to cook?

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#7 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Krav maga, that's very interesting. I studied some Jui Jitsu before I became a mom. My husband likes to brag that I can dislocate his shoulder in an arm bar. Not that I ever actually have.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#8 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
1. What is your degree in? WHat type of work are you looking to get?
2. Describe where you live to us? (open to interpretation- decscribe your house or your town or your state)
3. Do you have a feeling boy or girl this time? maybe a little bit of a preference of one over the other?
4. what is one of your favorite things to cook?
My degree is in nursing; I am a registered nurse.

I live in on the border between a suburb and rural aera in the foothills of some mountains in Utah. I really like where we live. We currently rent a basement apartment, but are planning to find a larger place before the baby comes.

DH is convinced that this one is a boy because I have had dreams about the baby being a boy. I am leaning more towards thinking it's a boy, but wouldn't be too surprised if it is a girl. I have no preference one way or the other.

I love to cook these chicken nuggets that have spinach puree between the chicken and the breading. The breading is made up of whole wheat bread crumbs and flaxseed mill with garlic and other flavoring. DH and DS love them. I also love to cook healthier desserts like carrot muffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
Krav maga, that's very interesting. I studied some Jui Jitsu before I became a mom. My husband likes to brag that I can dislocate his shoulder in an arm bar. Not that I ever actually have.
DH took Krav Maga with me, and we would spar occasionally; it was really fun!

#9 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM

I am also an RN. Do you have a specialty?

#10 of 14 Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I am also an RN. Do you have a specialty?
Right now I work in a care center, which I do really enjoy. It wasn't my first pick when I graduated, but I pretty much get to dictate my own schedule, don't getted called off (like is common in hospitals,) and make about $8 more per hour than I would in the hospitals around here. With the economy down, my DH, who is a general contractor isn't really bringing a lot of money in, so I'm our main source of income, and kind of feel like I need to work at the job that brings in enough that we aren't too destitute.

I would LOVE to do labor and delivery or postpartum, though. I have attended the births of familiy members and friends as a sort of doula. I'm not formally trained as a doula, but I've studied a lot of different natural childbirth methods, and I think that being and RN, it helps to "speak the language" when talking to the nurses, midwives, or doctors, on my friend or families behalf. I always do that for free just because I love doing it so much. I also recieve phone calls and other messages from friends, and friends of friends, and even friends of friends of friends with breastfeeding questions, which I am always happy to help with.

I forgot to answer a question from earlier about what kind of work I am looking for. I am looking for work in other local care centers. Our new director of nursing is just more than I can bear.

#11 of 14 Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 PM

if you go back to school what would you do? stay in healthcare or would you do something completely different?

#12 of 14 Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
if you go back to school what would you do? stay in healthcare or would you do something completely different?
I would stay in the healthcare field. I love the healthcare field, and feel as though us "naturally minded," people have the opportunity to do a lot of good in the healthcare field. I firmly believe in a supprt true informed consent, and in supporting the patient's decisions, even if they do not mirror the doctor's or our own.

Anyway, I would either become an NP or a CNM. I would really love to open a natural birthing center up where I live. The closest one is 1.5 hours away, and I think there are a lot of women who would choose to birth in a birthing center, if there were one available to them.

#13 of 14 Old 10-17-2010, 11:43 PM

How long have you been a registered nurse?

By the way, I think that it is awesome that you have attended births & offered lactation support services. I would love to attend a birth besides my own some day.

What type of Labor & Delivery would you like to specialize in?

Have you begun thinking of baby names?

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#14 of 14 Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's Mombee View Post
How long have you been a registered nurse?

By the way, I think that it is awesome that you have attended births & offered lactation support services. I would love to attend a birth besides my own some day.

What type of Labor & Delivery would you like to specialize in?

Have you begun thinking of baby names?
I have been a registered nurse for about a year and a half. I have worked in healthcare in one form or another for about 7 years, though.

I would love someday to go back to school to get my CNM, and open a natural birthing clinic, or do homebirths.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page