Spotting. Freaking out. Ugh. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. I literally bled at 6weeks and at 9w. I spotted for the first 10 weeks. But, I haven't spotted at all in THREE WEEKS. and I *just* had a US Friday that said my SCH was resolved. They said I shouldn't bleed anymore. I finally had spotted analyzing the TP.

Plus, this is pink/red spotting and the spotting I was having had turned brownish long ago, so it is scary to see the 'bad' kind of blood again, yk?

This pg is really messing w/ my head. I've been holding my breath since 6weeks and I don't know when to exhale.

After my OB appt Friday, I officially transferred care to a MW, but I haven't seen her yet. I did call, but since I just had a US Friday, she doesn't want me to have another (and, frankly, since she's an ULMW, USs thru her take a few days to get scheduled). I feel iffy about having two USs so close together, anyway...

I can hear only one HB on my doppler. I've only ever been able to hear one, tho. (and, at my US, their HBs were only 1bpm off, so it would be super hard for me to differentiate anyway).

Ugh. Can anyone help talk me down?

ETA: no sex in recent memory, no internal anything. I wish it could be that...

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DDCC
oh mama!! I am so sorry you are going thou this. really just try to take it easy. My SIL spotted/ bled on and off for her whole preg. she is the mother of a healthy happy 6 month old boy. I personally have spotted with my last 3 pregnancies. and everything has been fine.
drink lots of water, try to just stay positive.

think of you and your sweet babies
Elizabeth

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
#3 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 PM

I know that must be so scary! I'm sorry you're having to go through this! Take care and rest rest rest!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#4 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM

did you have a bm lately? that can strain and burst capillaries down there (especially with twins since your digestion is likely slower to begin with and there is more pressure). also, the sch can be resolved in as much as that they don't see pockets of blood any more, but you might still have a little blood leak if the place that the placenta was bleeding from isn't quite healed over. i would guess that with twins, and your uterus growing much more rapidly compared to a singleton, that it might take longer for the placenta to heal all the way.

that is so scary, mama, i will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#5 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 08:21 PM

I'm sorry you are having a stressful time. Wishing the best for you!!
#6 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 PM

I"m sorry! I know people can spot the entire pregnancy and have everything be perfectly normal. Of course, that doesn't come with any peace of mind. Hope you can get some answers or reassurance soon.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#7 of 13 Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 PM

I'm in a similar situation to you. I have a SCB that started at 9 wks with very heavy bright red bleeding. I bled for 3 weeks (though it stopped for 2 days during that time). It stopped about 12 wks and I'd had none for the past 10 days or so. Yesterday I had more bleeding though, pinkish, yesterday and today. I think it's stopped now but I'm not sure. I'm 13 wks now.

I never had any bleeding with either of my two previous pregnancies so this bleeding is all very new to me.

I know how you feel about worrying, I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes it does. I'm just trying to think positive. Worrying is not going to help. I'm sure it will all work out for both of us Try not to let it get to you.

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#8 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 AM

Oh mama, so sorry you're dealing with more stress! Hang in there. Thinking of you and your LOs.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#9 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Sorry, Babygrey!! Considering your great US I would assume everything is fine but I know how scary spoting again must feel! You have had quite the emotional roller coaster of a pregnancy. Hugs to you...

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#10 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have had bleeding before without a SCH (they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding) and everything turned out to be okay. I know it's so scary though!

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#11 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
I had calmed a bit last night; I took a bath and a nap... but then, overnight, my spotting turned into actual bleeding again.

I decided that the stress and the time I was spending looking for two HBs on the doppler wasn't helping, so I called OB back and she gave me a quick peek scan (less than 5 mins). Both babes are okay, altho BabyB hasn't grown at all since Friday (but that could be margin of error, yk?). There's no sign of my SCH. I'm still so scared. This sucks.

I have another quick peek repeat scan bc of the questionable growth (and probably, bc they are tired of me calling freaking out ) next week. I'm going to hold of transferring to my HBMW until then.

Kalamos (or anyone who knows)- it totally makes sense that my SCH could be insignificant on US, but still bleed- but wouldn't that blood be brown still?

reading.gifdiaper.gif ♥ baby.gif baby.gif ♥
but a lesson must be lived in order to be learned.
and the clarity to see and stop this now
that is what i've earned (a.d.)
#12 of 13 Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Oh, mama!! It's good that you had some positive news on the scan but you must still be so stressed!

I don't know if this helps at all but I tend to be one of those "no ultrasound unless necessary MDC mamas" but I TOTALLY don't think you should be concerned about getting scans right now. Honestly, I don't even think there is much to worry about with scans...I only object because they don't seem to help in so many cases. In your case -- OMG, I would be getting scans!! I mean, you have two babies in there and a wild, stressful pregnancy. I consider your peace of mind a medical necessity.

Sorry if that didn't need to be said. I don't actually think it does but it seemed from your posts like maybe you'd like to hear that.

And, you're right, this does suck. No one should have to do as much worrying as you have this pregnancy. Let's hope this is a distant, fading memory some day SOON!!!

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#13 of 13 Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DDCC

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page