~*~Spotlight on: TinyFrog~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It's your turn in the spotlight, TinyFrog

What has been the most unexpected part of pregnancy so far?
When and how do you plan to announce this pregnancy?
What are you most looking forward to about pregnancy?
If you could splurge on one baby thing, what would it be (not a new house or car)?

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Breakfast! What is your current favorite breakfast meal? And what is your standing all-time favorite? (I'm making monkey bread in the morning, I'm so excited!)

If you had to pick one thanksgiving dish and that was all you could have for thanksgiving dinner, what would it be? (I totally know mine. It's obscure.)

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#3 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 11:01 PM

What has been the most unexpected part of pregnancy so far?
Losing weight in the beginning, just because. I wasn't aware that some woman lose weight even if they have not been sick.

When and how do you plan to announce this pregnancy?
We aren't sure when we will tell family. We aren't incredibly close to them. We told a friend of DH's last night. DH walked in their house and immediately said "Hey Guess what!!! We're having a baby! It threw me off and they looked at me and back to him and asked if he was kidding because I looked a little surprised too. His friend's fiancee said there was no way I could be 15 weeks. I probably need to tell coworkers soon since I'm working far more than I should/want to be (about 65 hrs a week) and I feel like I have no time for myself anymore which is a little disappointing. Other than that I have no idea what our plans our.

What are you most looking forward to about pregnancy?
A beautiful baby in the end. Also a whole new life of staying home.

If you could splurge on one baby thing, what would it be (not a new house or car)?
Hm, we are pretty simple here, but maybe a whole set of toys such a Haba that I don't have to worry if they are toxic.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#4 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 11:08 PM

Breakfast! What is your current favorite breakfast meal? And what is your standing all-time favorite? (I'm making monkey bread in the morning, I'm so excited!)
I really don't have a current favorite. I'm not sure I even have an all time favorite but french toast sounds pretty good right now.

If you had to pick one thanksgiving dish and that was all you could have for thanksgiving dinner, what would it be? (I totally know mine. It's obscure.)[/QUOTE]
pumpkin pie

namaste.gif

#5 of 26 Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 PM

Have you told DS yet? If so, how did he respond?

How are you feeling today?

What is your favorite part of your pregnancy?

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#6 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 AM

How did you meet your dh?

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#7 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM

What type of work do you do?

How did you get the name TinyFrog?

What is something interesting/unusual about you??

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#8 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM

what book have you read over and over?

what's your favorite movie?

What kind of music makes you happy?

If you had the day all to yourself, what would you do? (cleaning is not an acceptable answer )

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11
#9 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Have you told DS yet? If so, how did he respond?
This is my first.

How are you feeling today?
Great!

What is your favorite part of your pregnancy?
I think that would be, having a (really big) secret.

namaste.gif

#10 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
How did you meet your dh?
In college, over 14 years ago.

namaste.gif

#11 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM

What type of work do you do?
I'm a
1. software engineer
2. electrician, DH and I have a business
3. yoga teacher

How did you get the name TinyFrog?
I like frogs, and I'm on the small side. We also have lots of frogs around our home in the spring/summer and they are so small and cute and I love to listen to them at night.

What is something interesting/unusual about you??[/QUOTE]
I carry my lunch in a basket.

namaste.gif

#12 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM

what book have you read over and over?
I can't think of anything I have reread. I like to read, but I also like to knit, cross stitch, etc so If I actually have time to sit I generally prefer another activity. One of these nights I'll get my bike set up on the trainer though so I can at least get a little exercise and also some reading time in.

what's your favorite movie?
I don't have a favorite.

What kind of music makes you happy?
yoga music, I find it peaceful and relaxing

If you had the day all to yourself, what would you do? (cleaning is not an acceptable answer )[/QUOTE]
Well, assuming the house is clean and I'm all caught up on everything I want to do around the house, I'd do some yoga, go for a walk, enjoy some fresh air. Perhaps go on a hike, or an easy bike ride.

namaste.gif

#13 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyFrog View Post
In college, over 14 years ago.
Sounds like us! Our 14 year dating anniversary is this month. I think people gave up on us having kids!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#14 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 05:11 PM

My family never thought I would have children anyway. I was labeled pretty early on. I'm sure they will be surprised, if we ever tell them. 3-5 years ago, each of my parents (divorced many years ago) asked me once, both added on "its okay if you don't want any, ever."

namaste.gif

#15 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM

you said you want to put your bike on a trainer??? Are you a biker? road bike or a cruiser type bike?

what other types of activities do you do?

#16 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Yes, I have a road bike. I love cycling. last year DH and I did a tour through British Columbia with four others. It was 250 miles, and I think we took seven ferries. It was an amazing experience, and also where I learned my weakness: wind.

Otherwise I enjoy yoga, I love the water (I've been a water skier for 29 years) and just really enjoy being outdoors. I used to snow ski and did some cross country but haven't done that for a few years. I was a runner for a while. I never liked it, I only did it to get out of my cubicle at lunch. I was a gym rat for many years, but yoga took that over.

namaste.gif

#17 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 PM

what kind of bike do you have?? I bike, too. But mostly just as the thing that goes between swimming and running in a triathlon. I really need to get more miles in but for some reason I get bored on the bike. I mostly prefer to run. I was thinking it would be nice to have a trainer now- but I'm barely making any of my runs lately, and not making it to spin class much, either.... so realistically probably wouldn't use the trainer much. I just bought a new bike this past spring. It was kinda $$$ and now its sitting all lonely and will be for quite some time. poor bike.

#18 of 26 Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 PM

I have a Specialized. I really like it. I just bought it last year before the big ride. I had been riding my husbands bike that he got when he was 15, a Giant. It was a junior size. I started riding several years ago with DH and a neighbor who rides frequently and just instantly loved it. They do some pretty tough rides, at least 25 miles and on the side of a mountain. It was a heck of a way to start. But, I really enjoy the quiet and the scenery, and occasionally flying down a big hill. It all is such a freeing feeling to me. Plus, the bonus of getting some killer abs in the process.

Honestly, I do not get a kick out of riding the trainer. No air flow is really a killer. I usually last about 20 minutes before I am completely bored. But if I can read, I can last a little longer. Also, I'm really not sure how the seat is going to work out, you know, with the uh hum, extra blood flow.

Ok, going to get that tire fixed right now so I can set it up.

namaste.gif

#19 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 AM

So since you're a yoga instructor, and you enjoy yoga (obviously) my question for you is what's your favorite pose? What pose is the hardest for you right now?

Are you allergic to anything?

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#20 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
Sounds like us! Our 14 year dating anniversary is this month. I think people gave up on us having kids!
And congrats!

Quote:
My family never thought I would have children anyway. I was labeled pretty early on. I'm sure they will be surprised, if we ever tell them. 3-5 years ago, each of my parents (divorced many years ago) asked me once, both added on "its okay if you don't want any, ever."
Aww; was it fun to surprise them?!! giggle. I never thought we'd have kids...

Quote:
Yes, I have a road bike. I love cycling. last year DH and I did a tour through British Columbia with four others. It was 250 miles, and I think we took seven ferries. It was an amazing experience, and also where I learned my weakness: wind.

Otherwise I enjoy yoga, I love the water (I've been a water skier for 29 years) and just really enjoy being outdoors. I used to snow ski and did some cross country but haven't done that for a few years. I was a runner for a while. I never liked it, I only did it to get out of my cubicle at lunch. I was a gym rat for many years, but yoga took that over.
Aww; fun!! I road ride also. It was great fun during my first pregnancy when I didn't show or have a belly; less and less fun to huff and puff to keep up with my riding partners during subsequent pregnancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
what kind of bike do you have?? I bike, too. But mostly just as the thing that goes between swimming and running in a triathlon. I really need to get more miles in but for some reason I get bored on the bike. I mostly prefer to run. I was thinking it would be nice to have a trainer now- but I'm barely making any of my runs lately, and not making it to spin class much, either.... so realistically probably wouldn't use the trainer much. I just bought a new bike this past spring. It was kinda $$$ and now its sitting all lonely and will be for quite some time. poor bike.
I am not crazy about my trainer but it kept me from going nuts with a needy #2. Dh would hold him while he cried for 40 minutes and I'd pedal my brains out.

TinyFrog- So what's your FAVORITE form of exercise?! #1 on the list.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#21 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 AM

This is your first baby and you're staying home!!! Congrats on your new journey! I'm excited for you.

Boy or girl feelings? Will you find out?

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#22 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 PM

So since you're a yoga instructor, and you enjoy yoga (obviously) my question for you is what's your favorite pose? What pose is the hardest for you right now?

I like hip opening poses. They always tend to feel good but I seem to carry any tension in my hips.
Hardest - I think anything that could possibly overstretch my sacroiliac joints. I already had a tendency to overstretch there and it has become even easier to do so, so I have to be very careful. Fortunately so far when I've overstretched that area during pregnancy it has recovered much faster than pre pregnancy (two days compared to multiple weeks).

Are you allergic to anything?

Oh my yes, or at least sensitive to many many things. I have a very VERY long list of foods to avoid.

namaste.gif

#23 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Aww; was it fun to surprise them?!! giggle. I never thought we'd have kids...
We haven't told family yet. I imagine they will be surprised.

Yay midwestmeg, a fellow road rider!

I did go fix my tire last night and get the bike set up on the trainer and rode, for a whole 10 minutes. Even DH gave me a hard time for stopping so soon, but I figured I'd just test the waters and see how I felt today. So far so good. Besides, DH had fireplace blasting 15 feet away and I was doing a little huffing and puffing of my own.

Quote:
TinyFrog- So what's your FAVORITE form of exercise?! #1 on the list.
#1Water skiing
Really nothing I do is because I say gee I should get some exercise. I just really like doing those things, and its a bonus that I'm getting exercise at the same time. I've always been someone who liked to be doing something physical, and when I stop doing physical activities I start feeling really ... blah and feel like I need to start moving again. How I ever thought being a software engineer, where I sit all day long every day, was a good fit for me, I will never understand.

namaste.gif

#24 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmeg View Post
This is your first baby and you're staying home!!! Congrats on your new journey! I'm excited for you.

Boy or girl feelings? Will you find out?
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

I had a few visions of a boy very early on, haven't had anything else since then. I've been caught saying boy a few times this week. I will not be finding out the sex until birth. I'll be happy with either.

namaste.gif

#25 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM

Are you knitting anything for the baby?
#26 of 26 Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 PM

I've made 1.75 soakers. I just haven't had time to do more for the baby due to my work schedule which makes me sad. I should have lots more time in January.

namaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page